Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan (1806 Views)

Airtel Scrap Hourly Unlimited Night Plan Then Introduces 1.5GB For N50 And Other / Hot: How To Cheat Mtn With Mtn Beta Talk / SHOCKING: Nigerian Govt Sidelines NCC, Strikes Secret Deal With MTN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan by jammyunn(m): 2:02am On Sep 06, 2016
I'm not usually a person who complains a lot about a thing, I usually move on. But my pain with this and annoyance is that it feels a bit like a cheat. I remember when using the weekend wow bonus to download and i went to do something, while i was at it i remembered it was past 12midnght Monday morning, i got to my phone at about 12.03am and noticed that the download has continued on my normal data. I took it as my error after all i knew it stop 12am Monday. They configured midnight FREE browsing to stop immediately your data is exhausted or the time limit is past. Now, why all these stories? I'm a bit pained cos in this era when one manages finances, i usually like to do the bulk of my internet work using the night data of MTN to save cost while using the normal data for minor stuffs during the day. Last night i subbed for the night data around 12.01am and proceeded to work without bothering to check which account it is charging from (like an average Nigerian who doesn't trust our network providers esp MTN, i check that always and intermittently when i'm browsing to make sure they don't charge from my main account). During the course of my browsing, i got a message that i have less than 500mb remaining, i was mad that my 25naira for night data was debited and i was also being charged from my main data account. I usually off and on my data when i do the night sub but unfortunately i forgot to do that last night, most likely this is the reason MTN would give me for being charged from my main data account. MY POINT IS IF THEY CAN CONFIGURE THEIR SYSTEM TO RECOGNIZE BONUS DATA WIPE-OUT, DATA TIME LIMIT EXPIRY, ETC, why can't they make subs automatic too once one pays for the night data? Is it not cheating if they do what pleases them rather than their customers? I do not wish to call their contact centre as nothing might come out of it. I count it as my lose. Just wanna let people know so as not to make the same mistake.

cc: JideSM
Re: Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan by bloodsiamese(m): 2:15pm On Sep 06, 2016
Just get another sim..
Re: Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan by jammyunn(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2016
bloodsiamese:
Just get another sim..
abi o. I think i'm gonna do that. be using only that for the night stuff. thanks.
Re: Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan by Greatzeus(m): 10:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
jammyunn:
I'm not usually a person who complains a lot about a thing, I usually move on. But my pain with this and annoyance is that it feels a bit like a cheat. I remember when using the weekend wow bonus to download and i went to do something, while i was at it i remembered it was past 12midnght Monday morning, i got to my phone at about 12.03am and noticed that the download has continued on my normal data. I took it as my error after all i knew it stop 12am Monday. They configured midnight FREE browsing to stop immediately your data is exhausted or the time limit is past. Now, why all these stories? I'm a bit pained cos in this era when one manages finances, i usually like to do the bulk of my internet work using the night data of MTN to save cost while using the normal data for minor stuffs during the day. Last night i subbed for the night data around 12.01am and proceeded to work without bothering to check which account it is charging from (like an average Nigerian who doesn't trust our network providers esp MTN, i check that always and intermittently when i'm browsing to make sure they don't charge from my main account). During the course of my browsing, i got a message that i have less than 500mb remaining, i was mad that my 25naira for night data was debited and i was also being charged from my main data account. I usually off and on my data when i do the night sub but unfortunately i forgot to do that last night, most likely this is the reason MTN would give me for being charged from my main data account. MY POINT IS IF THEY CAN CONFIGURE THEIR SYSTEM TO RECOGNIZE BONUS DATA WIPE-OUT, DATA TIME LIMIT EXPIRY, ETC, why can't they make subs automatic too once one pays for the night data? Is it not cheating if they do what pleases them rather than their customers? I do not wish to call their contact centre as nothing might come out of it. I count it as my lose. Just wanna let people know so as not to make the same mistake.

cc: JideSM
Sorry for that,but I must be sincere my experience hasn't been like yours.I use 2 sims to sub ie 1gb, one sim with modem ,the other one on my phone which I share with my PC thru hotspot.
First,if you are using the sim on your phone to sub,off your data,sub for the plan, and then on your data.
When my data remains like 95mb,I receive a msg to alert me,that it remains less than 100mb.
It has been good for me so far,except few times when,network might be bad.
Re: Awful Experience With MTN Night Plan by jammyunn(m): 10:49pm On Sep 07, 2016
Greatzeus:

Sorry for that,but I must be sincere my experience hasn't been like yours.I use 2 sims to sub ie 1gb, one sim with modem ,the other one on my phone which I share with my PC thru hotspot.
First,if you are using the sim on your phone to sub,off your data,sub for the plan, and then on your data.
When my data remains like 95mb,I receive a msg to alert me,that it remains less than 100mb.
It has been good for me so far,except few times when,network might be bad.
yes bro, that's what happened to me, I forgot to off and on my data when I subbed so it was charging me from my normal data account. thanks.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Double Data Plan And The Subscription Codes 2017 / Gretel S55 Smartphone With Advanced Dual-camera Technology / How To Take A Long Scrolling Screenshot On Android And IOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.