Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,521 members, 7,836,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? (5164 Views)

HILARIOUS!!!!! See A WAEC Candidate Labelling Of Female Reproductive System / Anyone With Solution To This WAEC Question. / Is This Person Really A 'WAEC' Candidate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 07, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

(A) dv/dt=16cos4t dv=16cos4t dt v= 16int(cos4t)dt = 4sin4t + c From the questn, boundary conditions(v,t) are (2,0) c=2 Particular solution is v = 4sin4t + 2 .........1
ds/dt = 4sin4t + 2 s = int(4sin4t + 2)dt s= -cos4t + 2t + c
Including boundary conditions, (s,t) = (0,0) c=1 Particular solution = s = -cos4t + 2t + 1...........2
B) when particle comes to rest, ds/dt = 0 (stagnant)
0 = 4sin4t + 2 t = (1/4) arcsin (-0.5) sin is negative in 3rd and 4th quadrant t= (1/4).210deg or (1/4).330deg Since pi=180deg or 2pi = 360, then Values of t in seconds are, t=(7/24)pi or t = (11/24)pi
correct
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 07, 2016
THUNDAR:
Sorry I read computer science!
I only understand programing language!

So, in your computer science, you skipped courses like algebra, vectors & geometry, mechanics, calculus & trig, differential maths, real analysis etc? Which school did you study your own computer science?

So what programming language do you only understand? You people sef.
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by welzyj2(m): 10:35am On Sep 07, 2016
E b luk Chinese 4 my eye una calculation.
Na administration sure pass.
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by nNEOo(m): 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
ikbnice:
This is a Physics question not Further Mathematics.

Particles physics to be precise
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by THUNDAR(m): 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
boostdom:

So, in your computer science, you skipped courses like algebra, vectors & geometry, mechanics, calculus & trig, differential maths, real analysis etc? Which school did you study your own computer science?

So what programming language do you only understand? You people sef.

Bros I like your type, you like wahala pass yourself! There is something you don't understand, in your first level, mathematics and physics are just preliminaries, later on in your study you do serious stuff that you will not have a single time for maths: you things say computer science na to de move mouse??

You want to know d language I know? Start with this

[]
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by SmartThief(m): 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

(A) dv/dt=16cos4t
dv=16cos4t dt
v= 16int(cos4t)dt = 4sin4t + c
From the questn, boundary conditions(v,t) are (2,0)
c=2
Particular solution is v = 4sin4t + 2 .........1

ds/dt = 4sin4t + 2
s = int(4sin4t + 2)dt
s= -cos4t + 2t + c

Including boundary conditions, (s,t) = (0,0)
c=1
Particular solution = s = -cos4t + 2t + 1...........2

B) when particle comes to rest, ds/dt = 0 (stagnant)

0 = 4sin4t + 2
t = (1/4) arcsin (-0.5)
sin is negative in 3rd and 4th quadrant
t= (1/4).210deg or (1/4).330deg
Since pi=180deg or 2pi = 360, then
Values of t in seconds are, t=(7/24)pi or t = (11/24)pi
thanks a lot...you are very right! You nailed it! I never had further maths teacher in sec sch..but I just love solving it! Am grateful...c as u do am like sey na chewing gum! You na bahdthief!

Hmmm...but bro...na 15mins you take solve am? Hahahaha. Weldon.
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
@Thundar, people like you are what is wrong with education in general and the computer science field in specific. Limited by triviality, you constrain a field of knowledge into a cliche. Computer science until few decades ago was known as computational science and was under the department of mathematics. Infact, in some schools all over the world, it is a double major with mathematics. While in some schools all over the world, it is a double major with engineering, like in MIT, Boston where it is offered as computer science & electrical engineering.

If indeed you studied computer science, you had realise that all those who had a role in the evolution of computer science as a field of study were either mathematicians or physicists or engineers. Because many of the frameworks have been laid by these founding fathers and great developers, people like you are just unabashedly users of tools created.

So I ask, what are the more serious stuffs done in computer science that does not require the knowledge of maths? Even the simplest loop in algorithm requires algebra.

I asked for the programming lang you claimed you are well versed in and you link me with a copy-paste page filled with scripting jargons? Damn, ignorance is truly like a prison with invisble bars.
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2016
SmartThief:
thanks a lot...you are very right! You nailed it! I never had further maths teacher in sec sch..but I just love solving it! Am grateful...c as u do am like sey na chewing gum! You na bahdthief!

Hmmm...but bro...na 15mins you take solve am? Hahahaha. Weldon.

Lol. Due to the nature of my degree, I have been privileged to model much more complicated questions than this. To design feed forward or feed backwards controllers in engineering (I presume u're still in secondary school and aspiring to do engineering so u might not understand this for now), you will model a lot more difficult scenarios than this one. During my school days in futminna, where I graduated from, the above questions are objective questions found in general engineering mathematics for year 2 students. You're often expected to provide answers in a minute or two.
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by SmartThief(m): 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2016
AnalyticEngine:

Lol. Due to the nature of my degree, I have been privileged to model much more complicated questions than this. To design feed forward or feed backwards controllers in engineering (I presume u're still in secondary school and aspiring to do engineering so u might not understand this for now), you will model a lot more difficult scenarios than this one. During my school days in futminna, where I graduated from, the above questions are objective questions found in general engineering mathematics for year 2 students. You're often expected to provide answers in a minute or two.
the way you simplified it is a source of motivation to me..I can't wait to start modelling...I love Engineering. Am deeply greatful. Am a fresh student...studying Mech Eng...UNN. Thank you Sir.
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by THUNDAR(m): 5:09am On Sep 10, 2016
boostdom:
@Thundar, people like you are what is wrong with education in general and the computer science field in specific. Limited by triviality, you constrain a field of knowledge into a cliche. Computer science until few decades ago was known as computational science and was under the department of mathematics. Infact, in some schools all over the world, it is a double major with mathematics. While in some schools all over the world, it is a double major with engineering, like in MIT, Boston where it is offered as computer science & electrical engineering.

If indeed you studied computer science, you had realise that all those who had a role in the evolution of computer science as a field of study were either mathematicians or physicists or engineers. Because many of the frameworks have been laid by these founding fathers and great developers, people like you are just unabashedly users of tools created.

So I ask, what are the more serious stuffs done in computer science that does not require the knowledge of maths? Even the simplest loop in algorithm requires algebra.

I asked for the programming lang you claimed you are well versed in and you link me with a copy-paste page filled with scripting jargons? Damn, ignorance is truly like a prison with invisble bars.

How far? you don preach finish? I just got back from 4days ban for posting that source code! I would like to explain a lot of things you don't know, But it seems you are MR KNOW ALL! Computer is my field, wanna keep talking? talk to my recycle bin
Re: Could You Believe This Was A WAEC Question? by THUNDAR(m): 5:14am On Sep 10, 2016
Walexsammy:
if dem bring programming languages now, u go still deviate....we sabi una type tongue

Bros you see Who you de quote so? na thunder oh, him go strike you oh!

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of A Genuine Plagiarism Checker Software, Plesae Help! / Here's The Reason Toilets Are Called Restrooms / UNIZIK Approves N100,000 Cash Price For Best Graduating Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.