Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,646 members, 7,823,831 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE (1417 Views)

Forbes Enlists Oscar Onyema, NSE Boss, In “10 Most Powerful Men In Africa” List / Listing Of Shares On The NSE Should Be Voluntary - MTN / Stocks / Shares Investors Which Way Forward? As The Nse Is Crashing Gradually. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by murphy02(m): 10:59am On Oct 06, 2009
Hi all
Does any one have any idea how i can sell a share of a company that has not been listed on the exchange, but i have the certificae with me?
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by okeey(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2009
oh,u can ask d brokers dey will know more abt dis
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by Becalm(m): 4:08pm On Oct 06, 2009
I am facing the same problem too. I also learnt that private placements are not regulated by SEC. Have been wondering if there is way to pressure the companies involved to get themselves listed or have people's money returned.
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by zobay(m): 4:20pm On Oct 06, 2009
first u have to verifv it-showing that u are the real owner then u  can look for buyer yoursef or through the coy's registrars.
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by Becalm(m): 4:30pm On Oct 06, 2009
Pls zobay shed more light on this, how do u verify the certificate of a company that has not been listed on the exchange.
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by zobay(m): 4:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
I am facing the same problem too. I also learnt that private placements are not regulated by SEC.

Yes, on private placement 'OYO'. it has nothing to do with sec.

Have been wondering if there is way to pressure the companies involved to get themselves listed or have people's money returned.
Go to the coy's registrars if u want to sell they can get buyer for u or refer you to som1 that is interested in the coy's shares.

Cheers
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by Becalm(m): 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2009
Thanks for that piece of advice, I will do exactly as advised
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by seunallday: 6:48pm On Oct 06, 2009
man u r in a dire situation cos its not yet listed and we operate a broker system, u have to wait or contact the registrars for more info on the stock
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by Rooneyboy(m): 8:02am On Oct 07, 2009
How did u buy it ?
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by trekkie: 9:15am On Oct 07, 2009
can one's broker not sell it? or contact the registrar? just asking
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by chosen04(f): 10:13am On Oct 07, 2009
murphy02:

Hi all
Does any one have any idea how i can sell a share of a company that has not been listed on the exchange, but i have the certificae with me?

You will never be able to sell. The registrar will never help cos they cant get a buyer for u. The registrar will never get her self involved in getting a buyer for "an unverified shares/certificate"
So keep ur certificate and start praying for ur company to be listed soonest. On the alternative u can look for a frnd who may be willing to buy unverified certificate and who can trust u based on self recognition.

Keep waiting and praying !!!!!!!!!. See as man Pikin use him money to buy trouble. lol
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by murphy02(m): 11:18am On Oct 07, 2009
i heard theres a broker that buys such, but i ve nt gotten the modalities,
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by Nezan(m): 11:39am On Oct 07, 2009
Is it possible . . undecided . .?
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by trekkie: 2:02pm On Oct 07, 2009
Re: Selling Of Shares Of A Company Yet To Be Listed On The NSE by samguru(m): 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2009
hi folks,
i understand your urge to bail out of the private placements.but notwithstanding you must be ready to sell at a price lower or the exact price you bought them.
if you have any to sell contact me 08075537745, i can assist you.but i am not giving you guaranty .

(1) (Reply)

A Banker 4 Western Union Transfer / I Need A Loan Of N200,000 Without Collateral / N-SIP Initiative: FG Introduces Free Funding & Training For Nigerian Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.