Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,930 members, 7,814,160 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:02 AM

EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election (1734 Views)

What I Observed From The Ondo's Saturday Election / Why APC Lost In Rivers / Caption This Photo Of Ameachi And His Wife After Saturday's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by danielayodele16(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
The Edo state governorship election
holds on September 10th , 2016. The
race is currently between two parties -
the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and
the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Victory has been predicted for both parties by their loyal supporters but
come Saturday or Sunday when the
result is announced there will be only
one winner.

Here are 4 reasons why the APC will
win Edo state :

1. Buhari effect Muhammadu Buhari today
congratulated Godwin Obaseki ahead of
Saturday's election - what do you think
will happen on Saturday?. We are in an
administration under which INEC and
other organs of government which ought to be Independent are fully
controlled by the President. President
Buhari badly needs a win in Edo state if
his party must gradually inch into other
parts of South South Nigeria.

2. Oshiomhole's Political future Edo state Goernor, Adams Oshiomhole
will fight tooth and nails to make sure
he is not replaced by the opposition. If
APC loses Edo state to PDP, Oshiomhole
loses his political relevance and the
chance of getting that federal appointment he has been promised.
Defeat also means that every aspect of
Oshiomhole's tenure will be probed.
Edo 2016 is a ''do or die'' affair for
Oshiomhole.

3. Fragmented PDP A house divided against itself cannot
stand. The PDP is at war and chieftains
are not prepared to work together to
acomplish the smallest task - how much
more an election? . PDP members will
further sabotage their party on Saturday giving the APC an easy win

4. Edo has tried PDP before Before Oshiomhole became Governor,
Edo state had PDP Governors for about
10 years. Incompetence was the order
of the day when PDP governed Edo
state. Oshiomhole may have under-
performed but he outperformed all previous governors of Edo state.

3 Likes

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by emeijeh(m): 11:32pm On Sep 06, 2016
Clumsy write up.
Op you lie!.
Here is my candidate

5 Likes

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by WebSurfer(m): 1:50am On Sep 07, 2016
Someone who understands Nigerian politics very well does not need to argue much that APC is a far winner already...

I know some certain people like Esan (Ekpoma and CO) will not like this but sorry

3 Likes

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by Edygrin(m): 2:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Seriously?

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by danielayodele16(m): 4:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Edygrin:
Seriously?
yes
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by DaniDani(m): 6:49am On Sep 07, 2016
1.The power of incumbency has remained a the strongest factor in Nigeria election, it's a plus for obaseki

2. Election has never been 'near free and fair' let alone free and fair.

3. PDP is not in order.

DISCLAIMER : IF YOU ARE IN EDO, DON'T BE DISCOURAGED BY THE ABOVE, GO AND VOTE ANY CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE. JONATHAN WAS IN POWER WHEN AREGBASCAL WON OSUN ELECTION WITH AN OPPOSITION PARTY. ROCHAS WON OHAKIM WITH WEAK APGA OPPOSITION PARTY, IMOLITES TROOPED IN NUMBER TO ENSURE THAT THEIR VOTES COUNTS AND IT INDEED COUNTED. FINALLY, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

1 Like

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by Abeymills(m): 6:57am On Sep 07, 2016
My advise 4 d great pipu of edo is 2 vote out lies deception retrogresion modern day slavery which apc stands for
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by Kyase(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2016
Abeymills:
My advise 4 d great pipu of edo is 2 vote out lies deception retrogresion modern day slavery which apc stands for
All this PDP guys talking rubbish Sed, una talk worst pass like this last year but wetin happen?
Nonsense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by ionsman: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2016
Since Buhari became president, he hasn't gone for any campaign in any state during that time frame(I stand to be corrected).

He was in Benin yesterday. Enough said.

1 Like

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by sublimes: 7:12am On Sep 07, 2016
I stand with Ize-Iyamu.....Edo people defend your vote. We know the police and army might work for APC but with our collective will, our vote will surely count.
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by phyllosilicate(m): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2016
DaniDani:
1.The power of incumbency has remained a the strongest factor in Nigeria election, it's a plus for obaseki

2. Election has never been 'near free and fair' let alone free and fair.

3. PDP is not in order.

DISCLAIMER : IF YOU ARE IN EDO, DON'T BE DISCOURAGED BY THE ABOVE, GO AND VOTE ANY CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE. JONATHAN WAS IN POWER WHEN AREGBASCAL WON OSUN ELECTION WITH AN OPPOSITION PARTY. ROCHAS WON OHAKIM WITH WEAK APGA OPPOSITION PARTY, IMOLITES TROOPED IN NUMBER TO ENSURE THAT THEIR VOTES COUNTS AND IT INDEED COUNTED. FINALLY, WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!

Your disclaimer is the biggest point while PDP would loose, Edos would never put their lives on the line to protect their votes for PDP.
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by dimieprincess(f): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2016
Op I was finding your write up interesting until you brought up the issue of Oshiomhole outperforming all former governors. Please who gave u that information and did the person informed u that Oshiomhole has received from federal government over #1.4trillion naira and has borrowed over $250m dollars?

For your information, Lucky Igbins federal allocation for the 8yrs was just #197b or thereabouts so how do u expect us to compare and contrast?

Also, Oshiomhole never outperformed Lucky except in areas of roads in just Benin and Iyamo compare to the industries built and maintained by PDP.

Where are our Bendel Insurance, Edo Line, Bendel Insurance fc, Ikomu oil etcetera?

1 Like

Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by agwom(m): 7:37am On Sep 07, 2016
Change adams!
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by phemmie06(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2016
I really blame the disunity among the entire PDP. There's no any other strong party that can rescue Edo from APC.
By whom shall the Lord rise PDP to arise
His friends are few
What is surprising is this that
They are not in one Accord
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by Emboabajunior(m): 8:25am On Sep 07, 2016
Nigerians are hungry
Nigerians are angry.

Buhari's is an APC chieftain and his wrongdoings at the federal level will definitely have a ripple effect on his party's performance at the Edo polls.

We can't conclusively say that APC will emerge victorious despite PDPS struggles.
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by Funlordjnr: 8:33am On Sep 07, 2016
grin
emeijeh:
Clumsy write up. Op you lie!. Here is my candidate

Your candidate looks as if he has grand plans?........to LOOT your state dry!
Re: EDO 2016: 4 Reasons Why APC Will Win Saturday's Election by shaddoww: 8:50am On Sep 07, 2016
emeijeh:
Clumsy write up.
Op you lie!.
Here is my candidate
Pls is it true he was suspended while in university for pouring acid on d private part of a fellow student.

(1) (Reply)

Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun / Kalu Idika Kalu Comments On Reactions To OUK Visit To Nnamdi Kanu. / Dino Melaye, Sahara Reporters And The Horror Of Jaundiced Journalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.