Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun (1741 Views)

Segun Abraham Accepts Defeat, Congratulates Rotimi Akeredolu / 7 APC Aspirants Step Down For Segun Abraham In Ondo / Timi Frank Blasts Oyegun Over Saraki's Fate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by tawa89(f): 3:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
Michael Olusegun Abraham, an aspirant for the governorship ticket of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Ondo State, has again expressed opposition to the emergence of a former President of the Nigeria Bar Association, NBA, Rotimi Akeredolu, SAN, as candidate.
Abraham, alongside two other aggrieved APC governorship aspirants, last Friday rejected the decision of the party’s National Working Committee, NWC, to make a U-turn by upholding Akeredolu’s candidature.

In a letter he wrote to the party, Abraham, who is believed to have the backing of APC national leader, Bola Tinubu, noted that he was disappointed at Oyegun for allegedly overruling the initial decision of the NWC which ordered the conduct of a fresh primary.

The letter reads: “Dear members, delegates, leaders of our great party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the members of the public in Ondo State, I greet you all.

“The past few days have been quite eventful in the annals of our party in Ondo State, the eyes of the entire nation was on us, waiting to see how we were going to emerge from the unfortunate irregularities that befell the September 3rd gubernatorial primary election of our party.

“After painstaking deliberation and consideration of evidence-backed petitions by our party’s Electoral Appeal Committee and the National Working Committee (NWC), it was recommended that the September 3rd Primary election be annulled, and thankfully, this recommendation was ratified and upheld by a majority of our NWC, yesterday.

“And just like most of you, I was disappointed at the inexplicably unexpected and unjustifiable move by our party’s National Chairman, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, to have disregarded this informed stance of the NWC that favoured annulment of that fraud-ridden primary, moving ahead to submit a name to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

“It is a move that is akin to injustice, and we know it won’t stand. I condemn it in strong terms, and I’m sure a lot of us do.

“We can’t win the general election by subverting the truth, especially not among the kind of Ondo people who relentlessly dislike injustice, we must not play into the hand of the opposition, who have been seemingly empowered in the little time our primary election has remained inconclusive.

“This is why this latest inexplicable unilateral move by Chief Oyegun against the wish of the people, the eligible delegates and the leaders of the party in the vested powers of the NWC, is unacceptable and cannot stand.

“I am very happy to assure you that by carefully weighed constitutional means, this my mandate of practical governance and blessings for the great people of Ondo State will be reclaimed.

“Our petition noted that 157 fake delegates were injected into the delegates’ list in 12 out of the 18 local governments areas (LGAs). This includes 54 delegates loyal to our mandate in, at least, three LGAs of Akoko North West (13), Akoko North East (26) and Idanre (15), who were disenfranchised and substituted with fake delegates.

“We have sought that these disenfranchised votes should be added to my poll (635), after the fake and substituted ones have been removed from votes polled by the acclaimed beneficiary. Details on these will be made public in earnest.

“It is on these two tenable fronts, that is, the NWC’s verdict of an annulment and rerun, but, more importantly, the reconsideration, re-enfranchising, recount and rightful allotting of the amount of eligible delegates’ votes, that I seek a reclamation of my mandate to be declared as the flag bearer of our party in the forthcoming general election in Ondo state.

“My consultations are ongoing, and I will give an official and more detailed address very soon.

It’s time to seek redress and RECLAIM OUR MANDATE!http://dailypost.ng/2016/09/25/ondo-election-tinubus-rumored-candidate-abraham-carpets-oyegun-letter-apc/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by Redoil: 3:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Party of thieves and clowns who only knows how to dance naked with corn stalk been tied to their bombom. Bring misery and pain to the govern since twelvebc

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by ificatchmodeh: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
Someone is pained cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by dunkem21(m): 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
E pepper am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by seunmsg(m): 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
APC should just forget about winning Ondo state this year. A divided house cannot stand.
The party leadership cannot treat the guy so unfairly and still expect him to remain loyal to the party. Internal democracy is a key ingredient in a democracy and once it is lacking, democracy suffers. Unfortunately, PDP will be the major beneficiary of the fallout in APC.
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by OLADD: 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
These are the fake agents of "change" who parade themselves as saints at both state and federal levels. We told the whole world that APC is more corrupt than PDP but nobody seemed to listen. This country needs divine intervention but one thing is expedient; APC is curse that must be rid from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by TPAND(f): 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
He should keep quiet. Tinubu and his loyalist should go and form another party for the south-west where their Godfatherism thrive
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
Very Normal cool

I've never seen perfect peace in any "group" (Church,Clubs, Village meetings etc)

It's normal for a group to have issues, but solving such issues is what matters grin grin grin

Like PDP, Like APC
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by Chigold101(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
I see how APC has fallen once again in Ogun state...

I cry for Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by shaddoww: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2016
Chigold101:
I see how APC has fallen once again in Ogun state...

I cry for Tinubu
Oga Ade, u better no cry 4 anybody wit d hardship in town
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by basilo101: 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2016
Tinubu better form another party before the northerners install their puppet in Lagos come 2019

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by Boleyndynasty2(f): 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Their party, their problems undecided
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2016
It is going to be a walk in the park for the PDP. With Segun apparently heading to the court to seek legal redress for his loss, there is no way the party will emerge from this unscathed.

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by DIKEnaWAR: 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
This is what Jagaban and his boys have been reduced to; writing letters...

He should find a small party like KOWA or others and start funding for 2019. At least, if he reclaims the South West again, he'd die a happier man than Afonja, Awo and MKO who all suffered betrayals in the hands of their 'friends' from Futa Jalon.

The only state Jagaban controls now is Lagos. I hope Ambode too is not thinking of 'independence' like Raufu, the debtor-in-chief of Africa.

How are the mighty fallen.

1 Like

Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by Mentcee(m): 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Good news.

Thank God.
Re: Trouble In Paradise As Tinubu's Candidate Segun Abraham Blasts Oyegun by afroniger: 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
There seems to be a calculated plan being spearheaded by some influential people at the Presidency to destabilize the SouthWest APC by seizing the structure of the Party from Tinubu's influence, maybe in the hope that he won't have as much influence as he did the last time around. But if care is not taken, this may end up being the undoing of this administration come 2019 because PMB is fast becoming very unpopular all over the country, including the SW, by the day, therefore if the administration doesn't begin to deliver on its promises, I don't see the President winning the region come 2019 (should he choose to run for re-election). With the hostile attitude towards Tinubu, he can certainly forget winning Lagos. I doubt if he can win Oyo as well again because Oyo is a very volatile state politically and the mystic that led APC to victory there last year has since worn-off.

As things stand, Ondo is probably going to remain PDP considering this avoidable APC crisis that has the Presidency's fingerprints all over it. Politics 101 tells us that you can only rig successfully where you are popular, which was why Fayemi lost to Fayose, even though Oshokomole clearly had a lot of help rigging that election to unseat an incumbent. I don't know who is advising Buhari, but he needs to understand that he can't win re-election without the SouthWest and the Middlebelt where he is fast losing popularity (history has taught us that he needs more than the NorthWest and NorthEast to win an election, the SouthEast and SouthSouth are no-go areas for him), so he shouldn't make things any worse for himself by alienating the very people that helped him win the last time around (after previous failed attempts) for political neophytes who can't even win their own polling unit or ward.

(1) (Reply)

Power Firms Demand 200% Increase In Tariff / "...I Inherited The Burden And It's Getting More Heavier..." Said Buhari. / Tinubu Loyalists Stage Solidarity Walk Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.