Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS (8750 Views)

Nigeria’s Capital Importation Grows By 594% / MTN Grows Data Revenue By 73% / UBA's Nine Months Profit Grows By 33% To N78 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Bern1992(m): 6:54am On Sep 07, 2016
Good one
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by admindim: 6:54am On Sep 07, 2016
our land going green but president suffering is at is peak
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Hiploko(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
The improvement in export value is largely due to the depreciation in the value of the naira.
dem no see na no be as a result of improvement in anything but depreciation of the naira. Is it a good thing?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by pepigeorge(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2016
APC propaganda. ... any statistics and figures from APC is false propaganda to salvage their failure

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by butterflyeffect4(m): 7:03am On Sep 07, 2016
The structure of Nigeria’s import trade by section
was dominated by the imports of “Boilers,
machinery and appliances:::::::::: honestly if we can limit our exports to equipments that will help in mechanizing various sectors of the economy, trust me our dependency on crude will be limited.
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 07, 2016
Hiploko:
dem no see na no be as a result of improvement in anything but depreciation of the naira. Is it a good thing?
lets not spoil their joy, they have every right to be happy and sad later if what am thinking is true

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by adorable29(f): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Nairalanders and non comprehension are like 5 and 6. Educated but illiterates.

Let me summarise what is up there for you.

You use to go to the market and prepare ogbono soup for 10 servings with 1thousand naira. But now you cook the same ogbono soup for the same 10servings for 2thousand naira cos the naira has no value again.

Your money expenditure (merchandise trade)has increased drastically but the
merchandise is still the same.

HOW IS THAT A GOOD THING that you lots above me are celebrating about. Kai. Smh.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Hiploko(m): 7:13am On Sep 07, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
lets not spoil their joy, they have every right to be happy and sad later if what am thinking is true
my dear. Zombiesm is an incurable disease. How can 1 be celebrating depreciation of it's currency value? They just saw headlines and started jubilating. Goodnews scarce for this govt sha! That's y dey hunger for it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Frontbright: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2016
With all truthfulness and honesty we will get there. since I joined nairaland early this year I've not read such good prayerful and hopeful comment on nairaland before I guess some Igbo bois are still in bed ;DWith all truthfulness and honesty we will get there. since I joined nairaland early this year I've not read such good prayerful and hopeful comment on nairaland before I guess some Igbo bois are still in bed
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Frontbright: 7:15am On Sep 07, 2016
With all truthfulness and honesty we will get there. since I joined nairaland early this year I've not read such good prayerful and hopeful comment on nairaland before I guess some Igbo bois are still in bed grin
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Rinato(m): 7:18am On Sep 07, 2016
KINGwax007:
No matter what, I still stand with buhari..

Little by little, we will reduce our import dependencies.
Good news for me, bad news for wailers..

Buhari is just doing what shld av been done..

We get rubber trees, we dey export rubber for our industries

We get timber, we dey import toothpick and pencils

Raw materials for slippers, we dey import am

Texiles too na import

Paper na import things

Wailers are shameless, walahi..

Peace out
Na your teeth u wan take cut down the trees process am shey Stop being myopically sentimental. Besides what should have been done by who? Obasanjo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2016
adorable29:
Nairalanders and non comprehension are like 5 and 6. Educated but illiterates.

Let me summarise what is up there for you.

You use to go to the market and prepare ogbono soup for 10 servings with 1thousand naira. But now you cook the same ogbono soup for the same 10servings for 2thousand naira cos the naira has no value again.

Your money expenditure has increased but the
merchandise is still the same.

HOW IS THAT A GOOD THING that you lots above me are celebrating about. Kai. Smh.

Finally someone that understands English

Our exports value increased because of the naira depreciation. The amount if goods were basically the same but the amount in naira is more due to naira dollar exchange rate depreciation

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by DonCortino: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Jaymaxxy:
The wailers won't believe NBS on this.
Just as zombies will believe it, hook, line and sinker!
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by richard870(m): 7:21am On Sep 07, 2016
Exchange rate gains #YouMustBeJoking*

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by segebase(m): 7:24am On Sep 07, 2016
good news to start d day...more export pls frm d govt
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Edum13656: 7:36am On Sep 07, 2016
I take this with a pinch of salt... Economy is in recession and export is growing. Two mutually exclusive items.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by beycity1: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2016
princechiemekam:
I no trust this people!!! Maybe Buhari don warn d Oga say if him tell Nigerians the truth again na 2 sack am b d next option. ... Just read and pass oo

Your hatred go kill you.... Just a little faith is all u need
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by MrCounselor: 7:46am On Sep 07, 2016
These guys love fooling us...
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by kennsville(m): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2016
How e no go increase for country way money no get value
.. ask your self this. What was the value of nairn when the statistics was low. Things has gone from bad to worst and those brainless liars at Abuja will be giving us statistics with fake interpretation and I dey vex for my brothers and sisters here wey just dey hail dem say good news good news. #readandunderstand
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by tiwiex(m): 7:53am On Sep 07, 2016
Standing5:
More export less import. That's how to break free from the oil dollar spell.

I guess we missed the part they mentioned exchange rate gains. What does that really mean? Are they multiplying our export dollar value by the new exchange rate? If so, then we exported way less than last year but are multiplying it by a new naira rate of .... Not sure tho but considering our economic situation, could we logically be exporting more? I know they banned charcoal wood from export sometime back. Anyone with clarification on this?
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by tiwiex(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2016
kennsville:
How e no go increase for country way money no get value
.. ask your self this. What was the value of nairn when the statistics was low. Things has gone from bad to worst and those brainless liars at Abuja will be giving us statistics with fake interpretation and I dey vex for my brothers and sisters here wey just dey hail dem say good news good news. #readandunderstand

I just made a post on that above. I also see it as not so clear information.
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Whynotthetruth(m): 7:56am On Sep 07, 2016
Jaymaxxy:

But you trust them when they said the economy is in recession?

Just see how 97% of you guys perched there without understanding what was written...just celebrating ignorance...and to think you have the effrontery to ridicule others ignorantly shows you have won the crown ... How's this article about any goodnews? what is good about this news for Nigeria or Nigerians? smh
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by kennsville(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2016
My brother leave those people. They are just trying with vulnerable. Clueless
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:02am On Sep 07, 2016
richard870:
Exchange rate gains #YouMustBeJoking*

Because naira has depreciated that's it...so if you exported goods worth $100(21500@215 per dollar) in 1st quarter now same good will give you like 41500@415 per dollar...that's all

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by PapaBrowne(m): 8:13am On Sep 07, 2016
This government has finally decided to tamper with the professionals at the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics.

"The growth was as a result of the devaluation of the Naira".

To understand what this article is saying, let me simplify:

Imagine foreign trade last quarter was $100. At an official exchange rate of 197, that would be equal to 19,000 Naira.
Imagine foreign trade fell to $80 but we now have a new official exchange rate of 320, that would be equal to 25600 Naira.

And now on that basis, you claim a growth in trade. This is fraud. I am an economist.I cannot be deceived. Please NBS don't lose your credibility.

I want good results to come but it mustn't be used to deceive the illegible public

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Johnrake69: 8:15am On Sep 07, 2016
sarrki:
I strongly believe we will get out of this mess

How, if I may ask? Did you really go through the analysis? It will be a miracle if we come out of recession by 2019. 80% of the total export value came from Oil and you saw it as a light in the tunnel.
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by shukudi(m): 8:21am On Sep 07, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

Finally I found someone that can read and understand..
Others above and below me u just failed the test..
I'm amassed at the level of young people's understanding these days. is it that they fail to read d report or they can't just comprehend? Report says there was growth in cash due to naira depreciation and they are rejoicing. Aye ti baje gan ooo. May destruction be d lot of everyone responsible for d destruction of d Nigeria educational system.
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by richard870(m): 8:41am On Sep 07, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Because naira has depreciated that's it...so if you exported goods worth $100(21500@215 per dollar) in 1st quarter now same good will give you like 41500@415 per dollar...that's all
Just read d poo of a comment u wrote...ppl lyk u re d ones killing dis economy wiv their balloney analyses and senseless explanations in order to justify Buhari's gross incompetence

Kindly conduct a survey regarding this & d big picture will come staring (if not punching) u in d face
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Samtob90(m): 8:48am On Sep 07, 2016
princechiemekam:
I no trust this people!!! Maybe Buhari don warn d Oga say if him tell Nigerians the truth again na 2 sack am b d next option. ... Just read and pass oo

As long as it is not a negative news, I know you will not be happy
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Samtob90(m): 8:51am On Sep 07, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

Finally I found someone that can read and understand..
Others above and below me u just failed the test..

As long as it is not negative news, you won't be happy I know that. If you had read the deficit increases and the volume of exports fall, I know you would have celebrated
Re: Nigeria’s Merchandise Trade Grows By 49 % In 2nd Quarter – NBS by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 07, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

hmmmm, Let me keep quiet before they say i am a wailer.... Those two statement above should not be disregarded.

You are right. The rise in export value isnt to be celebrated as the underlying cause is deterioration in local currency value. But...
1. This is the basis of a strong export culture. Local currency MUST be weaker for exports to be competitively priced
2. The missing figure is the increase in non oil exports. This is the only way we can assess current performance..but
3. If we use the increase in arable land as a measure and if we factor in the lead time to export crops; palm oil, rubber, gum, cotton, cashews etc, it is easy to say that the future of non oil exports is bright. I expect non oil exports to rise to value to 20% next year and to add 5% per year thereafter, topping out at 40% of non MINERAL value. I use the word mineral because I also expect a rise in gold, nickel and other minerals to contain the trend of non oil export figures.

The future is pretty bright if Nigerians continue to respond this way. I have 11 acres of oil palm and I am a lawyer.

That's the current reality. Service industry will keep shrinking as it isn't serving a growing real industry YET. So for all those looking for banking, telecom jobs, good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Scam Called Shoptomydoor.com Dont Use Them!!! / Wanna Start Up A Boutique, Anybody With Idea Of The Cost? / Personal Errand Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.