Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel (33809 Views)

Ghanaian Police Officer's Girlfriend Found Dead, Hanged In His Room (Graphic) / Couple Drug, Rape Wife’s Friend In Lagos Hotel And Upload It Online / Man Found Hanged In Aboru In Lagos Was Murdered - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by LordaGuru: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2016
angry
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by moses93(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2016
why didn't him hang all his family members?
wetin concern us and Americana? did he want us to blame buhari for this one? he is not serious. eediot.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by edonks: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Strange

I suspect foul play.

The police should do a thorough investigation on his case or else bubu alone will be in trouble
grin
na white people culture be dat
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Melahou(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2016
Theory 1.

The Hotel staff stole all his money and valuable and decide to hang him
to look like suicide

Theory 2.

He was trailed to the hotel by assassins and after killing him
made his death look like suicide.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by BABANGBALI: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2016
God forbid bad thing, I will rather kill myself than commit suicide
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:

well we never heard American commited suicide in Nigeria during good luck ebele Jonathan's government
So why now

since yu can reason that way here is ur answer...its buhari fault, d hardship n recession in nigeria depressed d american man ....he culdnt take it anymore ...make our media go search d room d man must av left a note fr buhari..
wen r yu droppin ur own note

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by moses93(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Strange

I suspect foul play.

The police should do a thorough investigation on his case or else bubu alone will be in trouble
grin
is it because he is a white man that you're suspecting foul play? what about Nigerians that have been hanging themselves all this while? nothing like foul play here biko, he hang himself and that is final or what is even special about him ma sef?

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by beaversticks(m): 10:56am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Strange

I suspect foul play.

grin

Which one concern President again....wailers
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1832:
Suicide might be the plausible cause of death, then again, there's no mention of a suicide note.

Whoever brought him to the hotel should be questioned thoroughly, as the U.S don't play with the lives of their citizens.

I wish I could say the same for Nigeria, seeing how people die everyday and nothing is done. grin
Nigerians don't play with the lives of their citizens.
Happy recession and clueless policies nigerians.

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by bigtt76(f): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2016
Simple case ...they should review the CCTV recordings. Very likely he died of cardiac arrest after a session with a woman (na den way) and likely it occured when he was going to close the door after de lady (since he was found slumped close to the door) else I would have said, the lady bolted after she noticed him dead undecided
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by GameGod(m): 11:05am On Sep 07, 2016
I know some flat heads with blame PMB

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2016
He could be one of the companys' layoff staff due to recession and tokunbo policies of Buhari government.

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Kaybaba5(m): 11:08am On Sep 07, 2016
I know jobless people will be putting the blame on buhari. But God knows it all

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by OwoMILLION: 11:08am On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1832:
People die everyday bro, the only strange thing is the decease was an American.

I hope he wasn't scammed and hanged anyway.
.You might be rit though,exactly my tots.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by stankezzy: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2016
Ha

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by canDy4eva(f): 11:19am On Sep 07, 2016
Murder keh?

U don tag am name finish!

Na wa o!

Allow d police do der job k!
DONSMITH123:

cheesy cheesy are you blaming Bubu for the murder?
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by OwoMILLION: 11:19am On Sep 07, 2016
The death is a lil bit suspicious but not until proven otherwise.It will be taken seriously since "An American Is Involved.I trust my brother and Bubu on that.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Deepfreezer(m): 11:27am On Sep 07, 2016
John Kerry and the American government should hide their faces in shame. The hand that they fed has finally bitten them.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by DONSMITH123(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2016
canDy4eva:
Murder keh?

U don tag am name finish!

Na wa o!

Allow d police do der job k!

hey! Check comments from the guy i qoute.

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by ClitRaider: 11:53am On Sep 07, 2016
Bihari o! Na him cause am.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by asha01: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2016
DONSMITH123:
Olaleye Aluko

The police in Lagos State have begun investigation into the death of a 57-year-old American, who was found hanged with a rope in a hotel room in the Lekki area of the state.

Our correspondent learnt that the American, Charles Carlson, had checked into Ellyx Vile Hotel on African Line, Lekki Phase 1, on Monday before the incident happened.

Our correspondent gathered that the hotel workers discovered Carlson had hanged himself when it was time for breakfast on Tuesday and he failed to show up or pick his calls.

The hotel room was thereafter forced open and his corpse was found hanged with a rope.

The incident was thereafter reported at the Maroko Police Division which came to evacuate the corpse.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, who confirmed the death, said the Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, had directed operatives to unravel the mysteries around his death.

She said, “The matter was reported to the police by the manager of the hotel, identified as Vincent Owunke. The guest, Carlson, an American, it was observed did not pick calls to the intercom in his room and he did not come out for breakfast.

“The police are investigating a case of sudden and unnatural death. The American was found motionless and hanged himself with a rope close to the door. The CP, Owoseni, has directed the case to be transferred to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, for further investigation.”

http://punchng.com/american-57-hangs-self-hotel/

at last Jack Bauer will be here live in naija
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Rozan10: 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
Waiting for the negro that will blame this on bubuhari angry

Still waiting... But feel free to Snatch some cash just for chatting on TELEGRAM. Check my signature to proceed
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Chaaaaaiiiiiii wetin kill Oga Charlie wey i buy suya for Amakohia on Friday... Nawa o...

Buhari again...
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by IamUdo(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
America must know!
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by EVENTSPRO: 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pprovost:
Na Buhari caused this too?

I smell a foul play though cool

Nop! Not him but u! shocked
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1832:
LOL. Are you indirectly blaming the FG for this now? Come on bro, this isn't the Romance section where stupidity and wanton senselessness is the order of the day.

This isolated incident have absolutely nothing to do with the time, but everything to do with why the American hung himself.

It's left for the police to investigate proper and come up with the motive behind the american's death.
grin You are a murderer

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by phreakabit(m): 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
[size=18pt]Them fit don dupe this poor man oh. .
[/size]
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Reference(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
Will it spur a debate about allowing CCTV in hotel rooms. With the lack of proper forensic investigation in Nigeria, one can put himself in a real big embarassing mess investing in the hospitality industry. Am seriously considering the options before taking a decision because hotels and potential serious crimes are like flower fields and bees.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by sammysticated: 1:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
Some hotel room do have secret cam, if there is then it will shed more light to the matter but if there is not, the police should do their work
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
U S government had warned her citizens against travelling to Nigeria.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by QueenEKAMMA(f): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Strange

I suspect foul play.

grin
I DON'T THINK THERE IS ANY FOUL PLAY THERE BECAUSE AMERICANS AND SUCIDE ARE LIKE 5&6. THEY NOT STRONG EMOTIONALLY AFRICANS EXPECIALLY NAIJA.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Rapes & Impregnates 14-Year-Old Girl In Sokoto, Throws Baby In Bush / Tanzanian Policeman Sues Friend For Failing To Impregnate His Wife After 77 Time / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Women As Fake Doctor On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.