Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel (33817 Views)

Ghanaian Police Officer's Girlfriend Found Dead, Hanged In His Room (Graphic) / Couple Drug, Rape Wife’s Friend In Lagos Hotel And Upload It Online / Man Found Hanged In Aboru In Lagos Was Murdered - Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by DONSMITH123(m): 7:20am On Sep 07, 2016
Olaleye Aluko

The police in Lagos State have begun investigation into the death of a 57-year-old American, who was found hanged with a rope in a hotel room in the Lekki area of the state.

Our correspondent learnt that the American, Charles Carlson, had checked into Ellyx Vile Hotel on African Line, Lekki Phase 1, on Monday before the incident happened.

Our correspondent gathered that the hotel workers discovered Carlson had hanged himself when it was time for breakfast on Tuesday and he failed to show up or pick his calls.

The hotel room was thereafter forced open and his corpse was found hanged with a rope.

The incident was thereafter reported at the Maroko Police Division which came to evacuate the corpse.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, who confirmed the death, said the Commissioner of Police, Fatai Owoseni, had directed operatives to unravel the mysteries around his death.

She said, “The matter was reported to the police by the manager of the hotel, identified as Vincent Owunke. The guest, Carlson, an American, it was observed did not pick calls to the intercom in his room and he did not come out for breakfast.

“The police are investigating a case of sudden and unnatural death. The American was found motionless and hanged himself with a rope close to the door. The CP, Owoseni, has directed the case to be transferred to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Yaba, for further investigation.”

http://punchng.com/american-57-hangs-self-hotel/

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Airforce1(m): 7:32am On Sep 07, 2016
Strange

I suspect foul play.

The police should do a thorough investigation on his case or else bubu alone will be in trouble
grin

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by joseph1832(m): 7:34am On Sep 07, 2016
Suicide might be the plausible cause of death, then again, there's no mention of a suicide note.

Whoever brought him to the hotel should be questioned thoroughly, as the U.S don't play with the lives of their citizens.

I wish I could say the same for Nigeria, seeing how people die everyday and nothing is done. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by joseph1832(m): 7:36am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Strange

This government and bad news
People die everyday bro, the only strange thing is the decease was an American.

I hope he wasn't scammed and hanged anyway.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by ever811(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2016
so people now leave there country to come and hang there self in Nigeria abi?...but it might be a case of business gone wrong with a nija dude..I know my brothers. the police should investigate this matter with all seriousness and we be reading a new story soon..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Airforce1(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2016
joseph1832:
People die everyday bro, the only strange thing is the decease was an American.

I hope he wasn't scammed and hanged anyway.

well we never heard American commited suicide in Nigeria during good luck ebele Jonathan's government
So why now

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by joseph1832(m): 7:45am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:

well we never heard American commited suicide in Nigeria during good luck ebele Jonathan's government
So why now
LOL. Are you indirectly blaming the FG for this now? Come on bro, this isn't the Romance section where stupidity and wanton senselessness is the order of the day.

This isolated incident have absolutely nothing to do with the time, but everything to do with why the American hung himself.

It's left for the police to investigate proper and come up with the motive behind the american's death.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by DONSMITH123(m): 8:01am On Sep 07, 2016
Airforce1:
Strange

I suspect foul play.

The police should do a thorough investigation on his case or else bubu alone will be in trouble

cheesy cheesy are you blaming Bubu for the murder?

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Airforce1(m): 8:01am On Sep 07, 2016
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by nnachukz(m): 8:04am On Sep 07, 2016
The man didn't see America to go back and hang himself there. He also couldn't drop a note. I see. Something inside of me, tells me that some lines in this story are still missing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by ephemm(m): 8:07am On Sep 07, 2016
Call in CSI, they'll figure it out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by DONSMITH123(m): 8:57am On Sep 07, 2016
lalasticlala
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by SweetLove0(f): 9:30am On Sep 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by herzern(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari strikes aqain..... grin grin....

Na Joke ooh!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by rattlesnake(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2016
That's no news in his country

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by ishowdotgmail(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2016
Even the whites are not spared

This country yaff taya everybody undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by zibi5: 10:38am On Sep 07, 2016
OXFORD DICTIONARY: New word inclusion.
BUHARI
/bu:-a-ri:/
Noun: buhari
1. hard, hardship, difficult, harsh, tough;
e.g "The economy is now buhari for the masses"
Synonyms: onerous, strenuous, arduous
grueling, painful, hellish;
Antonyms: easy, smooth, simple.
Verb: buharify, buharicate,
buharification;
2. to make complex, worse, unbearable;
e.g "Please don't come and buharicate issues here"
"The only way to reduce applicants is to buharify the process"
Synonyms: complicate, exacerbate, degenerate;
Antonyms: simplify, ameliorate.
Adjective: buharific
3. terrible, hectic, difficult;
Synonyms: tough, back-breaking, intricate, knotty, thorny;
Antonyms: fantastic, splendid, pleasant.
e.g "How were your final exams? It was buharific!!!"

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by OMOTOWO(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Na only God know how many people including foreigners Buhari don kill since may 29th,2015!!!!

4 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by EvilSeeed: 10:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Thank God he didn't die.

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by atirolu(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari syndrome

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2016
Na Buhari caused this too?

I smell a foul play though cool
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by loadedvibes: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2016
Hehehe.. I suspect he has been scammed by a Nigerian dude. I will bet it's an Igbo Boy that he did business with but then again Yoruba Boys hmm. Wahala dey o

3 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by trapQ: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2016
O
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 07, 2016
so this economy don bad reach like this?
even oyinbo man dey suffer am grin

3 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by TANTUMERGO007(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2016
DONSMITH123:

cheesy cheesy are you blaming Bubu for the murder?
its baba and not bubu
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Person don hang am there.
Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Neddstark: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2016
I suspect he must have being killed and the killers made it seem like suicide.

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by IhateYorubafool: 10:42am On Sep 07, 2016
Buhari
You will never go unpunished

5 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by buchilino(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2016
NAWA OOO, SO DIS RECESSION DON DEY REACH OYIBO PPLE 2.

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by dannymalabo3(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2016
oyibo people never see anything yet

2 Likes

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 07, 2016
Make them carry am go throwaway somewhere. The hotel should sue the dead body self

1 Like

Re: American Man Hanged In Lagos Hotel by themonk(m): 10:44am On Sep 07, 2016
John kerry is to be blamed for funding a sucidal government which kills even americans.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Indigenes Now Pay Herdsmen To Enter Their Own Farms In Delta – Okowa / Nigerian Man Arrested In India For Duping Women As Fake Doctor On Facebook / Church Member Steals Pastor’s Car (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.