Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs (32096 Views)

How Does One Calculate Fuel Consumption Based On Distance Covered By A Vehicle?? / My People, Does AC Affect Fuel Consumption Of A Car? / Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 10, 2016
And why are some folks trying to derail the thread by throwing air conditioning into the mix
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Danfuster(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2016
rockiedink:

That your engine sha....

That complicated 2 plugs per cylinder parole that Mercedes-Benz toyed with before they "came back to their senses" cheesy grin cool

the concept of the dual plug was to achieve a clean combustion and rid the cylinders of leftover fuel. This concept does makes the engine more efficient, reduce overheating and maintenance cost some variant still use the dual plug, the only down side is you may be prone to plug related faults due to numbers of the plugs. Let me burst your head... Did you know a mercedes benz can drive 500km with just half of its plugs functioning and you ld still be able to achieve 130km/h or more on a leveled plain, only thing is your engine burns rich and struggles to climb Hills.

This V8 engine below journeyed from Asaba to lagos on only 8 plugs before it got the fitting ECU(brain box) and reverse wiring. And we was still dusting some cars at 120-140km/h. Pls, lie to me that any jap mobile can do this

Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by honmusa(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2016
no wonder ,sienna has to deactivated his account ,lot of dumbs statement, wetin concern ac with all this na.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Danfuster(m): 11:56am On Sep 10, 2016
nurusystem:
four cylinder engine safe fuel than six cylinder,those toyota 4 cylinders but v6 engine they have high rate speed than 4 cylinder ,considerin the number of cylinder & speed of the engine ,that is the advantage of 6 cylinder,it speed more than 4 cylinder,bt four consume less in toyota,

you want to tell me a 3.0L I4 will consume less fuel than a 2.6L V6 engine. This is how people rob them self of the best things in life cos they live on prejudice. The only reason why people complain about the V6 is cos they are a victim of stop and go traffic.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Danfuster(m): 11:58am On Sep 10, 2016
honmusa:
no wonder ,sienna has to deactivated his account ,lot of dumbs statement, wetin concern ac with all this na.

Seriously!... Sienna left Nairaland shocked cry that is bad news ooo
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by islandmoon: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2016
Get a simple C180 , espirit, 1 tank of fuel from Lagos to Kaduna, 65ltrs or a C240
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by nurusystem(m): 1:17pm On Sep 10, 2016
Danfuster:

you want to tell me a 3.0L I4 will consume less fuel than a 2.6L V6 engine. This is how people rob them self of the best things in life cos they live on prejudice. The only reason why people complain about the V6 is cos they are a victim of stop and go traffic.

Yes toyota,,the diference is just speed ,
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by stevedre: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2016
Itulah:

If I should reply you accordingly, you will definitely hange yourself by morning.

Please dont reply accordingly, sometimes the naija mentality gets the best of people most times. Instead of politely asking to be enlightened they rush into robocop mode lolzz. From the moment i saw your first comment i understood you refered to long distance on high speed now my question is, why do people rely on nairaland when google had,has n still have more to offer? Dont let any one pull you below your standard so just ignore any rude comment you receive on this faceless forum. 1 love

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10, 2016
GREATP1:
Please I need the experts in the house to enlighten me on the fuel consumption RATIO of SIX PLUGS engine compare to FOUR PLUGS engine. I want to buy RX 300 and I am a bit concern about the fuel consumption. E.g, if FOUR PLUGS consumption 50 litres of fuel in a journey, how many litres will SIX PLUGS likely consume? Thanks

in very simple terms engine configuration has nothing to with mpg

the only comparison you can do if the engine size are the same eg a 3litre lexus vrs 3 litre bwm
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by AngryNigerian(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
Danfuster:

you better be careful, this one you're wanting someone to link you up for a buy. Don't be lazy and do a thorough research before dealing or buying a regret.

If you indecisive about what you want or need honest opinions as to what fits you, you should contact the auto gurus in the car section I.e GAZZUZ, SIENA, KINGREIGN

pls.. We hate and are bored with stories that touch on NL.

My hard-earned 2kobo

God bless you sir...Noted.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by NemzySeries(m): 2:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
OBAnkemi:
My car is a 3.5L V6, 6 plugs, and 7-Speed automatic transmission. My fuel tank is 70L (.... I suppose!). I will upload 2 photos;
1. Kaduna to Sokoto (about 460km)
2. NNPC Super Mega (Gwarinpa, FCT) to Jos (about 246km)

NB; I do all my driving with the AC on. And highway speed of not more than 120km/hr, at least for both trips.
wat brand of car is dis pls?
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by NemzySeries(m): 2:40pm On Sep 10, 2016
islandmoon:
Get a simple C180 , espirit, 1 tank of fuel from Lagos to Kaduna, 65ltrs or a C240
are u kidding me? pls enlighten me more on d C240,fuel consumption, maintenance & durability.......wud u suggest I go 4 it compared to d usual toyota corolla S? even tho av got grt fantasy 4 benz
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Itulah(m): 2:55pm On Sep 10, 2016
kingreign:

Prove this your comments pls. I need empirical evidence.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You that claimed to be car guru, you see why I don't take your input and that of your friend nissanpart serious. Many of you leaved all your life in a particular state and have never driven cross country and will come online saying stuff base on what you read somewhere. I`ve driven both engines from North East to South West, South West to South East, South South to North East God knows how many times. And I can tell you that my V6 Infiniti is more fuel economical than my i4 Honda Accord on these trips. You also said Infiniti is a fuel gussler, well leave that for us to decide. You used yours for less than 7 months and sold it, well we are still enjoying ours and fueling is never an issue.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Itulah(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
stevedre:

Please dont reply accordingly, sometimes the naija mentality gets the best of people most times. Instead of politely asking to be enlightened they rush into robocop mode lolzz. From the moment i saw your first comment i understood you refered to long distance on high speed now my question is, why do people rely on nairaland when google had,has n still have more to offer? Dont let any one pull you below your standard so just ignore any rude comment you receive on this faceless forum. 1 love

It is a pitiable situation my brother. Thanks for your understanding. Many will not read and will come here asking for empirical data and evidence and that includes kingreign.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Danfuster(m): 3:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
nurusystem:

I give up
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Itulah(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
Belvinho:

Kindly take a look at your owners manual under fuel economy and you'll see the explanation as regards usage of AC.

In mine, it advices me to roll up my glass at speeds above 60km/h for efficient fuel economy and turn on the AC if need be. While at speeds lower than 60km/h, roll down the glass and turn off the AC.

The reasons for this being;
1. Your engine powers your compressor which in turn puts more load on the engine. To compensate for this load, the engine works more and consumes more fuel doing this. NB at low speed
At high speeds, the extra load from the AC is almost insignificant as the engine is running at optimum performance.

2. Driving at high speed with the windows down will allow wind to move into the car thereby causing drag and reduce the aerodynamics of the car. At such speeds as 130km/h on the highway, the car is supposed to move through air as hot knife through butter.

3. V6 engines are built for speed and as such consume less fuel at high speeds and more at low speed, (note high speed is above 75km) therefore I'd agree that for a journey which an I4 consumes 50 litres, a V6 would consume less if all components were functioning properly.

I drive a 2001 Honda Accord V6

Thank you, let them be there asking for empirical evidence and data.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by MosesNG(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2016
nurusystem:

This is just dumb. This is irredeemable. I swear
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by nurusystem(m): 5:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
MosesNG:
This is just dumb. This is irredeemable. I swear

Better ,i tink u r learning
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by nurusystem(m): 5:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
Danfuster:

I give up

U better. U dont know 4 plug & 6 plugs ratonality, no theory no practical experience
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by OBAnkemi: 5:10pm On Sep 10, 2016
NemzySeries:

wat brand of car is dis pls?

Its a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C350 (note; 203 body)
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by islandmoon: 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2016
Not 100% sure for the C240, but I can bet anything on the C180, I have done it several times, 20liters fuel for 3hours journ on a very bad road, where you brake often, just make sure its the 4plugs , with the black stripe and not the one with the silver stripe, Espirit version! Its carrying the first generation version of the compressor engine, you can take on many cars , I used it for 3 years no single problem
NemzySeries:

are u kidding me? pls enlighten me more on d C240,fuel consumption, maintenance & durability.......wud u suggest I go 4 it compared to d usual toyota corolla S? even tho av got grt fantasy 4 benz
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by uwemetok(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2016
Best Fuel economic car....
TRAY2:
Toyota corolla, bank type is the real deal...50 litre tank takes me from the mainland to the Island for one and half weeks, with traffic and AC.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by NemzySeries(m): 6:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
OBAnkemi:

Its a 2007 Mercedes-Benz C350 (note; 203 body)
sweet lord.....i av passion 4 benz tho & I'm bin encouraged to go 4 it by nxt yr.....do u fink 1.7m can get me a 2005/2006 C240?
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by NemzySeries(m): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
islandmoon:
Not 100% sure for the C240, but I can bet anything on the C180, I have done it several times, 20liters fuel for 3hours journ on a very bad road, where you brake often, just make sure its the 4plugs , with the black stripe and not the one with the silver stripe, Espirit version! Its carrying the first generation version of the compressor engine, you can take on many cars , I used it for 3 years no single problem
datz a grt testimony
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by MosesNG(m): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2016
nurusystem:

Better ,i tink u r learning
Thankfully not from you
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by 9icetoo(m): 8:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
OBAnkemi:
My car is a 3.5L V6, 6 plugs, and 7-Speed automatic transmission. My fuel tank is 70L (.... I suppose!). I will upload 2 photos;
1. Kaduna to Sokoto (about 460km)
2. NNPC Super Mega (Gwarinpa, FCT) to Jos (about 246km)

NB; I do all my driving with the AC on. And highway speed of not more than 120km/hr, at least for both trips.
ur fuel tank has got to be more than 70 litres.
fuel gauges can be misleading as they are not graduated in a completely linear manner with the tank. I have described that here on nairaland before. you should have refilled your tank at the end of those journeys and noted how many litres it took to fill your tank. that way we would have been sure of your fuel consumption.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by OBAnkemi: 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2016
NemzySeries:

sweet lord.....i av passion 4 benz tho & I'm bin encouraged to go 4 it by nxt yr.....do u fink 1.7m can get me a 2005/2006 C240?

Cefa is literally hitting 700 now, and dollar is hovering around N420,.......from 2005 to 2007 what is available in the C-Class range is;
1. C230 Kompressor (4 cylinders, 1.8L)
2. C230 sport (6 cylinders, 6 plugs, 2.5L)
3. C240 (6 cylinders, 12 plugs), rear wheel drive, and 4matic
4. C280 (6 cylinders, 6 plugs), rear wheel drive, and 4matic
5. C350 (6 cylinders, 6 plugs) rear wheel drive, 4matic, and sport.

You won't get any of these cars (if it's direct tokunbo) for less than N2.4m at the current exchange rate!

N1.7m may get you a C200 Kompressor (4 cylinders, 4 plugs, 2003/2004 model, but with the engine of a year 2000 C230 Kompressor).
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by OBAnkemi: 11:02pm On Sep 10, 2016
9icetoo:

ur fuel tank has got to be more than 70 litres.
fuel gauges can be misleading as they are not graduated in a completely linear manner with the tank. I have described that here on nairaland before. you should have refilled your tank at the end of those journeys and noted how many litres it took to fill your tank. that way we would have been sure of your fuel consumption.

Please google the fuel tank capacity of a 2007 C350. It's a tank I av filled several times,..... I should be sure of my claims.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by Itulah(m): 2:21am On Sep 11, 2016
honmusa:

Aren't you one of those asking for enlightenment? HVAC system must come in cause that is the only way we can tell you why your vehicle will consumes less on gasoline when on a highway journey. But if you are comfortable without the HVAC system good and fine, you will even save more on gas, the bottom line is your windows must be wound up to eliminate drags.

Note that the op mentioned journey in his first post.
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by 19naia(m): 3:35am On Sep 11, 2016
More plugs are better. Most cars waste fuel because fuel is not completely burned in the engine. The added plugs burn the fuel more completely but most cars with extra plugs are doing this to gain power in an already powerful engine but to do so without raising fuel consumption. Also more plugs means less pollutin for my asthma so i beg my friend get more plugs make i breathe well in traffic with you.

See this 6 cylinder motor cycle grin

Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by NemzySeries(m): 2:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
OBAnkemi:

Cefa is literally hitting 700 now, and dollar is hovering around N420,.......from 2005 to 2007 what is available in the C-Class range is;
1. C230 Kompressor (4 cylinders, 1.8L)
2. C230 sport (6 cylinders, 6 plugs, 2.5L)
3. C240 (6 cylinders, 12 plugs), rear wheel drive, and 4matic
4. C280 (6 cylinders, 6 plugs), rear wheel drive, and 4matic
5. C350 (6 cylinders, 6 plugs) rear wheel drive, 4matic, and sport.

You won't get any of these cars (if it's direct tokunbo) for less than N2.4m at the current exchange rate!

N1.7m may get you a C200 Kompressor (4 cylinders, 4 plugs, 2003/2004 model, but with the engine of a year 2000 C230 Kompressor).

wao.....dis buhari govt is rili not allowing us make choices again Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo rada W're forced to makedo wit watz available....believing God 4 C240 nxt year bt watz d difference between 4matic & Kompressor? I av dis feeling dat d Kompressor wud b problematic....pls watz ur view?
Re: Fuel Consumption Ratio; Six Plugs Vs Four Plugs by nurey(m): 4:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
NemzySeries:

wao.....dis buhari govt is rili not allowing us make choices again Õoº°˚ ˚°ºoo rada W're forced to makedo wit watz available....believing God 4 C240 nxt year bt watz d difference between 4matic & Kompressor? I av dis feeling dat d Kompressor wud b problematic....pls watz ur view?

Kompressor = turbo charged

4matic = 4WD or AWD

That's what Benz uses instead of the conventional words

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Friends Accord 2000 (UK Model) Got Stolen Last Night. / Benz Vs BMW – Which Is Actually Better? / My 2002 Highlander Lost Control Almost Killed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.