Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ (20741 Views)

See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) / Mount Olive College For Gifted Children Just Commenced. Pick A Form / Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them Like Animals' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by arosunshine(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by adconline(m): 12:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Key missing piece in this whole drama.. No formal agreement between ASU and Naija goverment on how the fund would be spent. ASU general counsel insists that " oral" agreement trumps whatever demand students might be bring.. Naija is a wasted country!!
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
ssss
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by henrydadon(m): 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
adconline:

What a display of congenital idiocy!! You are more likely to be discriminated against in Naija than in the US because of your tribe, religion, status, education
You are more likely to killed by a police/army officer because of a simple argument
Your are more likely to be killed or turned to a refugee in your country by BH- over 300kand 2m displaced.

Blame buhari..all this wasn't here before until buhari..I bet u voted for him..
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Excuzeme: 12:31pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:
Any thing Nigerian scholarship

Is a No no for me

I cant live in America execept go there and visit and come back home

The racism in that country is next to non.. even black American discriminate against Africans.

United kingdom is the same thing ...all they need is our money

Canada , south Africa ,Australia are the only country I can stay in..

High time we stop going these countries and develop our own

Our borders, airport , seaport should be close for like two years and let see if we won't be developed.

You really dont want to try Australia when it comes to INSTITUTIONALISED RACISM.
Just read-up a little on what they are STILL DOING to the Native Aborigines on that continent.

Even if it is the last place on Earth, as a Black man, PLEASE be prepared, if you decide to go there.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by adconline(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
henrydadon:

Blame buhari..all this wasn't here before until buhari..I bet u voted for him..

I wasn't born yesterday. GMB is part of leadership that destroyed and still destroying
.FYI, he has close 18 months to perform miracle and he's still traveling overseas for medical trips
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by DeRay98(m): 12:50pm On Sep 07, 2016
Up till the early 80's Nigerian Universities graduands were rated higher than American products due to the top quality of the British standard we adopted. Nigeria usually go to do post graduate studies and in fields not available here. But with square pegs in rounds holes as federal Education ministers over the years, our education slowly collapsed. Permanent secretaries in Education ministries and ministers use our education budget to enrich themselves. Nowadays, those who can afford it are running to foreign universities. Our elders say"pikin wey no belle full for house na im dey go chop for outside". These people are the victims of our terrible leadership over the years even with their govt money there were still cheated on. Sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mopolchi:
Well, Nigerian universities are better than Alabama.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Twoboys: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2016
At this stage of our National development, we need to prioritize scholarship and what we intend to use such to achieve. Granting government scholarship abroad to study social works does not seem like the right priority for a nation set for development. Our focus for such programs should be in pure sciences and technology.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by vislabraye(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
adconline:

What a display of congenital idiocy!! You are more likely to be discriminated against in Naija than in the US because of your tribe, religion, status, education
You are more likely to killed by a police/army officer because of a simple argument
Your are more likely to be killed or turned to a refugee in your country by BH- over 300kand 2m displaced.

You don't have to insult him. He's making sense. I live in Lagos but I'm not Yoruba. No one has ever attacked me because I'm not Yoruba. The major problem we have in Africa especially Nigeria is poor infrastructures. Yes religion and ethnic bias do exist but nothing compared to racial discrimination.
But let me state that it's relative cos there are places in the States where you will be treated well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by pippimp(m): 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mztadhee:

So from the above story, its only this shit you could come up with se? Your fellow countrymen are fighting against oppression and uplifments of their treatment as equal human beings in a foreign land, you are here condemning your Fatherland. Slave mentality!

The funny thing is, back in Nigeria, you are all treated like dirt. Your own government treats you like you are sub human. But, when you go to a country where true freedom prevails, all of a sudden you remember that you have rights? Have you ever once asked yourselves why it is that it is only when America is involved you suddenly remember that you have rights?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rekyz:
You seem to have lost your common sense. Look, being stupid is no crime, but when you start displaying it here, it becomes one. Receive sense!

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2016
arosunshine:

lemme flog sense into u

U are a capital GOAT, ur governments are killing the reputation of the country and u are here saying sh!ts go and abuse ur government for lack of sense to liberate nigeria to the stable economy and infrastructure. Stupid mofo
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by goryorhal(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
yeyeboi:

U are a capital GOAT, ur governments are killing the reputation of the country and u are here saying sh!ts go and abuse ur government for lack of sense to liberate nigeria to the stable economy and infrastructure. Stupid mofo

Breh na fight ? CAPITAL GOAT grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by adconline(m): 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
vislabraye:

You don't have to insult him. He's making sense. I live in Lagos but I'm not Yoruba. No one has ever attacked me because I'm not Yoruba. The major problem we have in Africa especially Nigeria is poor infrastructures. Yes religion and ethnic bias do exist but nothing compared to racial discrimination.
But let me state that it's relative cos there are places in the States where you will be treated well.
You still don't get it! Odds of you being killed by police, army and BH are far greater in Naija. Nigerians are OK with discrimination based on tribe, religion, state of origin, education and status. Naija is a country full of tribal, religious and political bigots.
You are just 1 out 170m and statistics will label you an outlier if you have never witnessed of any of the aforementioned.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
goryorhal:

Breh na fight ? CAPITAL GOAT grin grin grin

Na fight o
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rekyz:
You seem to have lost your common sense. Look, being stupid is no crime, but when you start displaying it here, it becomes one. Receive sense!

The THUNDER that will fire u in waiting for u @ ur do step
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Kingzy4pep(m): 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
yeyeboi:
Nigeria bad country, bad reputation, bad government
Was surprised when I saw this comment, not until I took note of your moniker.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Mztadhee(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
pippimp:

The funny thing is, back in Nigeria, you are all treated like dirt. Your own government treats you like you are sub human. But, when you go to a country where true freedom prevails, all of a sudden you remember that you have rights? Have you ever once asked yourselves why it is that it is only when America is involved you suddenly remember that you have rights?
Are they asking for the rights for free? Don't they deserve to be treated fairly for the huge fee they paid ? So why the shouts of America being a great country, when it can't even ensure people's basic rights are protected?
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mztadhee:

So from the above story, its only this shit you could come up with se? Your fellow countrymen are fighting against oppression and uplifments of their treatment as equal human beings in a foreign land, you are here condemning your Fatherland. Slave mentality!

U are a BIG GOAT for what u just said, have you ever asked your self why we don't threat Americans bad In Nigeria? Have you ever asked your self why Americans can travel almost every part of the world without visa? Well if you don't know the answer then STFU
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by falopey: 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Wingback:
I hate everything about the south except Atlanta...No snow, No Life, Nothing, Lame Rednecks...Got admitted into like 3 top colleges there but fvck that.

Quite surprising , I mean, you are on a scholarship then most definitely you are expected to live on dorms and eat in cafeterias...
[b]
And the Funniest thing of all Its a Historically Black college with lots of Blacks...So who said Only whites were restricted to Racism?

To be Honest , this shows the weakness of the GEJ Era once again, How can a fvcking college hold A country's Government to Ransom?[/b]

You are not vast in American historical facts. Every black dominated places in America was all white dominated. After the declaration of freedom for slaves, whites started moving out from from those places because a single black man was admitted in those places. A lot of whites don't want to live in the same neighborhood or college with blacks hence they abandoned those places for blacks.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
Kingzy4pep:
Was surprised when I saw this comment, not until I took note of your moniker.

Well if you are blind and can't reason why I said that then I guess u have to be schooled.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Mztadhee(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2016
yeyeboi:

U are a BIG GOAT for what u just said, have you ever asked your self why we don't threat Americans bad In Nigeria? Have you ever asked your self why Americans can travel almost every part of the world without visa? Well if you don't know the answer then STFU
I understand where your insanity is coming from perfectly now.. Take care
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2016
YoursGEJ:
You come to America and na Alabama you go stay. Alabama of all places. God forbid bad thing
What's bad about AL? Orange in AL is one of the beautiful cities in US. They've got standard colleges too
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by pippimp(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mztadhee:

Are they asking for the rights for free? Don't they deserve to be treated fairly for the huge fee they paid ? So why the shouts of America being a great country, when it can't even ensure people's basic rights are protected?

Wait. Are you telling me you don't pay for the electricity, roads, water, gas, you don't have? Forgive me. I thought you paid for all these things. Now i understand why Nigeria does not provide these things to it's people. My bad. And America is a great country because it caters for the rights of more than a majority of it's people. I don't know what you were taught in school, but the rule in governance is, if you can provide for 50% of the population, you have a good system. And America has done that and then some. Nigeria cannot even provide for 10% of it's people. That is not even the point though. Why is it that in Nigeria you pay for these things and they are not even provided for and to you and you can't say a word but your chest becomes inflated when it involves America?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by eyinjuege: 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
AlexzStructure:
At times, not all that shines are diamonds...
Now they are regreting

They don't regret going to study there. Most of them seem to have graduated. Their bone of contention is that they feel Nigeria was overcharged in terms of tuition and living expenses for them.
They want refunds, but the truth is any refund will have to go to the Nigerian govt.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by AlexzStructure(m): 2:29pm On Sep 07, 2016
eyinjuege:

They don't regret going to study there. Most of them seem to have graduated. Their bone of contention is that they feel Nigeria was overcharged in terms of tuition and living expenses for them.
They want refunds, but the truth is any refund will have to go to the Nigerian govt.

Ooooooook... Thanks for the correction
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by ghetomum: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2016
Come back home
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Orikinla(m): 3:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Wingback:
I hate everything about the south except Atlanta...No snow, No Life, Nothing, Lame Rednecks...Got admitted into like 3 top colleges there but fvck that.

Quite surprising , I mean, you are on a scholarship then most definitely you are expected to live on dorms and eat in cafeterias...

And the Funniest thing of all Its a Historically Black college with lots of Blacks...So who said Only whites were restricted to Racism?

To be Honest , this shows the weakness of the GEJ Era once again, How can a fvcking college hold A country's Government to Ransom?

[size=20pt]The Nigerian students are ignorant.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan was a "Money Miss Road" in Government administration.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 07, 2016
SMH
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by GameGod(m): 3:41pm On Sep 07, 2016
Lol wetin inyamiri dey find for America?
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Rekyz(m): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2016
yeyeboi:
The THUNDER that will fire u in waiting for u @ ur do step
English please...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Releases N16.8bn To Settle Tertiary Institutions Salary Arrears / FG Approves Four New Private Universities In Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Kaduna / Uniuyo Resumption Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.