Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:00 PM

Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ (20840 Views)

See How Students Of Kings College Were Being Punished Like Animals (photo) / Mount Olive College For Gifted Children Just Commenced. Pick A Form / Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them Like Animals' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Rekyz(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Orikinla:

[size=20pt]The Nigerian students are ignorant.
Former President Goodluck Jonathan was a "Money Miss Road" in Government administration.[/size]
To slap you just the hungry me.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 4:07pm On Sep 07, 2016
Rekyz:
English please...

What is wrong with this deaf and dumb dog?
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Mztadhee(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
pippimp:

Wait. Are you telling me you don't pay for the electricity, roads, water, gas, you don't have? Forgive me. I thought you paid for all these things. Now i understand why Nigeria does not provide these things to it's people. My bad. And America is a great country because it caters for the rights of more than a majority of it's people. I don't know what you were taught in school, but the rule in governance is, if you can provide for 50% of the population, you have a good system. And America has done that and then some. Nigeria cannot even provide for 10% of it's people. That is not even the point though. Why is it that in Nigeria you pay for these things and they are not even provided for and to you and you can't say a word but your chest becomes inflated when it involves America?
No one is disputing the fact that Nigeria doesn't have these issues, and trust me that is one major reason why Nigerians are one of the most travelled nationals. My point is America has the moral right to protect anyone studying in the country, whether black, Asian or Caucasians. It is America, for God's sake.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by pippimp(m): 4:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
Mztadhee:

No one is disputing the fact that Nigeria doesn't have these issues, and trust me that is one major reason why Nigerians are one of the most travelled nationals. My point is America has the moral right to protect anyone studying in the country, whether black, Asian or Caucasians. It is America, for God's sake.

Bad things happen everywhere. It would be naive not to think it doesn't. America is not perfect. What irks me is the way Nigerians talk as if personal rights is something they are used to. Fine. It happened. It is regrettable. But the way Nigerians are talking on this thread you'd think America is one horrible country. This coming from people who don't know the first thing about fighting for rights.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by RaeMystix: 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
First of all. What in the world were they thinking while choosing a college like Alabama State University?. Don't they know the history of racism of that state? .
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by stchinedu: 5:13pm On Sep 07, 2016
yeyeboi:
Nigeria bad country, bad reputation, bad government

Sorry angry

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Mztadhee(m): 6:15pm On Sep 07, 2016
pippimp:

Bad things happen everywhere. It would be naive not to think it doesn't. America is not perfect. What irks me is the way Nigerians talk as if personal rights is something they are used to. Fine. It happened. It is regrettable. But the way Nigerians are talking on this thread you'd think America is one horrible country. This coming from people who don't know the first thing about fighting for rights.
Lool..I get your points bro..Nigerians gat no chill naw

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by yeyeboi(m): 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2016
stchinedu:

Sorry angry

For your LIFE
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by calcal: 7:53pm On Sep 07, 2016
The Nigerians' students are so ungrateful, you had a scholarship everything paid for, what's the problem. your counterpart in Nigeria doesn't have that opportunity.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 07, 2016
Summary please. I'm allergic to extra long writeups.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by stchinedu: 7:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
yeyeboi:

For your LIFE
undecided

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by fombadi: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
Imagine someone travelled all the way from Nigeria to America to study social work on a government scholarship. If any of these students took a lucrative program they won't have had the time to sue the school , bc they'd been gainfully employed by now and reaping the fruit of their education and greed card would have come with no stress. Now they are suing because their programs are useless and will soon end up in naija with nothing.
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Cromagnon: 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2016
Wingback:
I hate everything about the south except Atlanta...No snow, No Life, Nothing, Lame Rednecks...Got admitted into like 3 top colleges there but fvck that.

Quite surprising , I mean, you are on a scholarship then most definitely you are expected to live on dorms and eat in cafeterias...

And the Funniest thing of all Its a Historically Black college with lots of Blacks...So who said Only whites were restricted to Racism?

To be Honest , this shows the weakness of the GEJ Era once again, How can a fvcking college hold A country's Government to Ransom?
which ransam abi na part of the scam called scholarship
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by COOL10(m): 2:43am On Sep 08, 2016
It aint easy here,it aint easy there. What do we do
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by Ayatullah(m): 2:46am On Sep 08, 2016
Wingback:
I hate everything about the south except Atlanta...No snow, No Life, Nothing, Lame Rednecks...Got admitted into like 3 top colleges there but fvck that.

Quite surprising , I mean, you are on a scholarship then most definitely you are expected to live on dorms and eat in cafeterias...

And the Funniest thing of all Its a Historically Black college with lots of Blacks...So who said Only whites were restricted to Racism?

To be Honest , this shows the weakness of the GEJ Era once again, How can a fvcking college hold A country's Government to Ransom?

Because they know GEJ is always drunk and will never dare question the deeds of an American. They have conducted a special study on him and found out he is a Solid Ineffectual Buffon of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by tallmocha: 6:11am On Sep 08, 2016
So what's new?
Nigerians get threatened and shamed all the time and nothing happens: https://www.nairaland.com/3336609/german-professor-u.s-systematically-attacks -> this is in Georgia, another US state in the racist South!
Time to fix our own schools!
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by davidif: 2:04am On Sep 09, 2016
Really?? other countries are sending there best students to the West to study at schools like MIT, Caltech, Oxford, Stanford etc. Naija on the other hand are sending there kids to some school in a far flung area of Alabama.
I can understand if going to this school was there personal decision and if it was fully funded by them but the fact that it was state funded and the govt did not send them to the best schools they could get is what's a little surprising.

https://www.nairaland.com/313588/best-business-schools-world/14
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by blueAgent(m): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mztadhee:

So from the above story, its only this shit you could come up with se? Your fellow countrymen are fighting against oppression and uplifments of their treatment as equal human beings in a foreign land, you are here condemning your Fatherland. Slave mentality!

Clown, How many Nigerians fight for their rights and hold their leaders accountable? they only have mouth when they leave Nigerian Shores
Re: Nigerian Students Sue Alabama College For Treating Them ‘like Animals’ by blueAgent(m): 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2016
pippimp:

The funny thing is, back in Nigeria, you are all treated like dirt. Your own government treats you like you are sub human. But, when you go to a country where true freedom prevails, all of a sudden you remember that you have rights? Have you ever once asked yourselves why it is that it is only when America is involved you suddenly remember that you have rights?

Abeg tell this fools ,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top-up My Hnd To A Bsc In One Year / Buhari Orders NITDA To Subject IPPIS, UTAS, U3PS To Integrity Test / Basics Of Biology Drawings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.