Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Rock Fans - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rock Fans (1346 Views)

For NON Rock Fans: 10 Rock Songs You Need To Hear Before You Die / Where My Rock Fans @? Nikelback, Linkin Park? Whats Your Flava? / Gospel Rock Fans Out Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rock Fans by oghos2k(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2006
do we really have people that listen to rock as much as i Do? and i mean soft and hard rock.Artist like Linkin park, evanescence, staind, creed,hooastank,and lots more. what do u like about rock itself
Re: Rock Fans by iice(f): 3:44am On Dec 18, 2006
Again? Hmmm yeah i dig rock, am pretty much in the middle, listen to soft alternative and heavy metal. Am a sucker for guitar works. . .and twisted lyrics sometimes i totally 'get'.
Re: Rock Fans by naijacutee(f): 10:23am On Dec 18, 2006
Im strictly off hip-hop at the moment, it just makes no sense to me. I'm a sucker for heavy metal, grunge rock, indie rock, punk rock emo. . . . . you name it. But most of my bands are quite underground. Like P.O.D, Demon Hunter, Skillet, Muse, Justifide, Red, Cadet, Chevelle etc grin
Re: Rock Fans by justkunmi(m): 2:46am On Dec 19, 2006
yeah. this is my specialty. rock is my second nature. i breathe rock. anything with strings . . .form soft to metal to alternative o krunk . . My artistes are just endless. i av a collection of rock cds that are worth a lifetime.
avril, evanescence, hoobastank, howie day, the fray, counting crows, anna nalick, dashboard confessional, greenday, maroon 5, bowlin 4 soup, daniel powter, redhot chilli peppers, star sailor, crossfade, mat kearney, snow patrol, coldplay, american hi5, nickelback, simple plan . . . . .the list is just endless. . . . .

ROCK ON PEOPLE,
Re: Rock Fans by gbadex1(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2006
yep, another rocker in tha hizzouse (. . .or at least half a rocker). I listen to mostly soft/alternative rock, punk, Nu-metal. I only listen to Heavy Metal when i'm feeling crazy and some sh*t like that. I've got a friend who handles Heavy Metal like he was breathing. dude listens to Systems of a Down, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Papa Roach. Dude's a crazy nut.

Now my fave artists are:

Avril lavigne
Coldplay
Maroon5
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Evanescence
Greenday
Nickelback. . .

That's about it.
Re: Rock Fans by jammin(m): 7:25pm On Dec 20, 2006
no rockers at all. only the commercial shi* i see being bandied about angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Rock Fans by gbadex1(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2006
^ please! Who the Bleep are you to brand 'em as "not rockers at all" and sh*t like that? There are pleasing to my ears, so Bleep what? Who gives a Bleep if u're bothered? It's your problem not mine, so deal with it!
Re: Rock Fans by oghos2k(m): 6:46pm On Dec 21, 2006
u guys keep up the rock spirit,
Re: Rock Fans by U1(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2007
Gbade.x,I think you have got a nice taste.
Re: Rock Fans by justkunmi(m): 5:42am On Feb 09, 2007
currently rockin and feelin these artistes at the moment, .
hinder, fallout boy, crossfade, mat kearney, matchbox 20, rob thomas, staind, teddy geiger, nickelback. . .and a lots more.
loaded all the mp3s on ma fone. grin

but ya'll should check out[b] hinder[/b]. kinda new. they are very good.
if u like nickelback and 3 doors down, u'll like hinder
Re: Rock Fans by 1k001(m): 1:24am On Feb 10, 2007
Heavy metal, now thATS ONE puzzle i cant figure out.
Re: Rock Fans by Gamine(f): 8:25pm On Feb 13, 2007
Avril lavigne
Coldplay
Maroon5
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Evanescence
Greenday
Nickelback. . .

Everyone loves these people

why dont u guys try christian rock artists,
they ROCK! wink
Re: Rock Fans by naijagal(f): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2007
yes oh! christian is great
try artistes like jeremy camp, audio adrenaline, mercy me, superchick, third day, dc talk (my fave)
these guys are spreading d gosel & rocking away smiley
Re: Rock Fans by Gamine(f): 9:51pm On Feb 20, 2007
I'm telling you
instead of rocking to lyrics that tear u apart 'im dyn , i want to dieeeeee'
nd so on and so forth
Rock to christian songs that lift ur spirit

Naijagal, i have all those
+
Kutless
Anberlin
12 stones
NewsBoys
Relient K
Thousand foot Krutch

Lots more grin
Re: Rock Fans by sevule(m): 4:58pm On Feb 24, 2007
it is way cool to know that nigerians out there love rock.Most of my friends cant stand rock and think i am a freak to listen to rock.My fave bands are linkin park(everybody's fave),nickleback(these guys ABSOLUTELY ROCK),hoobastank,breaking benjamin,trapt,avril lavigne(always d ladies' fave) and a whole lot more.I'm also crazily into the CHRISTIAN ROCK scene cos that reflcets my faith and who i am
Re: Rock Fans by sevule(m): 5:18pm On Feb 24, 2007
For all you lovers of christian rock and rock music that is positive without losing the adrenaline pumping,guitar driven vocals that is rock music i am starting a new forum called CHRISTIAN ROCK where you can give and get advice on Christian Rock.Some of my fave christian rock bands are

Skillet(God inspired heavy rock)
Kutless(an absolute for all)
Dc Talk(fathers of christian rock music)
Toby Mac
Disciple
Re: Rock Fans by sevule(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2007
so you like rock music but want something thats Godly without losing the good old rock and roll feel.Then welcome to the Christian rock scene.There are so many christian rock acts but here is a mini review of a few of them
SKILLET: these guys are all about screaming and heavy rock christian music that is surprisingly melodious.Their lyrics stand them out as unique.they are a must if you like artists like linkin park,nickleback
DC TALK:these are the daddies of christian rock.Their songs are absolutely off the hook and they do all kinds from hard rock(a bit rare though) to contemporary rock.Their style is mostly alternaytive rock.No xtian rock collection is complete without them
DISCIPLE:Quite hard and very noisy,play at loudest volume at your own peril,their music is uplifting though

reactions and suggestions are very welcome
Re: Rock Fans by Gamine(f): 6:17pm On Feb 24, 2007
ive neva listened to Skillet
But Kutless Has a great message
Re: Rock Fans by ditto66: 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2010
Linkin Park
Limp Bizkit
Evanescence
Greenday
Nickelback Relient K
staind, creed,hoobastank, all i got to say
Re: Rock Fans by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 12, 2010
Gamine:

I'm telling you
instead of rocking to lyrics that tear u apart 'im dyn , i want to dieeeeee'
nd so on and so forth
Rock to christian songs that lift your spirit
lool
Re: Rock Fans by jophu: 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2010
U'all heard of THREADSTONE Check 'em out. Naija's best n live christian rock band,
Re: Rock Fans by Rocktation(f): 2:26am On Aug 04, 2010
Hmmn. . .think i totally understand Jammin.

(1) (Reply)

Wine Am Well Video:ikechukwu Featuring Dbanj / Please Help Me Find These Songs Names / Internship In A Radio Station?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.