Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta (1341 Views)

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession / Orji Uzor Kalu To Igbos: "Forget Biafra And Unite With Nigeria", Igbos Blast Him / See What Nigerdelta Avengers Are Demanding, Can Buhari Fulfil Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by ndavengers: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2016
Biafra and so-called Nigerdelta

By Roland Ediri Idimi

I was talking with a Yoruba friend on December 18, 2015 and it was really a funny discussion. At first he said Roland the Southsouth is not part of Biafra and I responded to him that we are. I had to educate him that we are one indivisible people. That the states strategy today was formulated to divide us and it has not worked.

I asked him, “the Governor of my State (Delta State) where is he from?” I could feel how cold he became when he received my response, that my State Governor is an Igbo man and he is called Arthur Okowa Ifeanyi. Governor Okowa was born at Owa-Alero in Ika North-East Local Government Area of Delta State.

The next he said was that we would suffer under the Igbos. I had to bring him up to speed, that there would not be any thing like that. The whole states in Biafra are blessed with mineral resources and every state shall be responsible for its land and the resources it contains.
Then he said, “the Igbos will fight with us.” My response is, we and the Igbos are one people who are bounded together by same ideology; culture and religious belief and these are the criteria that form the basis for peaceful coexistence.
At this point; he realize that I am not one of those the Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba can deceive with their divisive strategy against my Igbo brothers.

At least; I asked him one question which he could not answer me. I asked him the following:

(a). Why are the Yorubas and Fulani/Hausa fighting really hard to ensure that they create divide between the one people of the Southsouth and Southeast?

(b). Could it be that they love the people of the Southsouth so much and wanted them to join Arewa or Oodua?

(c). Could it be because they are very interested in their economic; political and sociological development and want to ensure that they are developed when they join Oodua or Arewa?

(d). Is it the Igbos who shared the Niger Delta which include Abia and Imo into oil blocks among themselves?

(e). Is it the Igbos who fight against true Federalism and Resource Control which we have been clamouring for over the years?

(f). Is it the Igbos that shut down all the ports in the SouthSouth (Port Harcourt; Sapele; Koko; Calaber; Warri) for the port in Lagos just to kill the commerce in SouthSouth and SouthEast?

(g). Is it the Igbos that fault and kill the PIB proposed with 10% community share?

(i). Is it the Igbos that concession Onne Port to Atiku Abubakar to continue the exploit of the people of Rivers State?

Till now I am still expecting answer from my friend…

Roland Ediri Idimi is a Mechanical Engineer

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by ificatchmodeh: 9:44pm On Sep 07, 2016
Nice.
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2016
confused zoo goat.

which tribe is south south?
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Greenback: 10:08pm On Sep 07, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
confused zoo goat.

seun oam4j lalasticlala
rule 2 with impunity

@op,those are basic questions they will never answer..the truth has been suppressed for long but one day, it shall surely prevail and there shall be freedom and emancipation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by nototribalist: 10:18pm On Sep 07, 2016
AlfaSeltzer:
confused zoo goat.

something dey worry you this night abi??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
Greenback:

seun oam4j lalasticlala
rule 2 with impunity

@op,those are basic questions they will never answer..the truth has been suppressed for long but one day, it shall surely prevail and there shall be freedom and emancipation.

And why would they answer such foolish questions even when their heads are filled with oily soup?

It is only an unemancipated fool that can compare a tribe that has been existing since beginning of time with a Zoo political creation called south south

How can Igbo and Niger Delta have problems? It makes no sense
One is a tribe, the other isn't

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2016
nototribalist:
something dey worry you this night abi??

Not only this night
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by wecan: 12:46am On Sep 08, 2016
They are one people

1 Like

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by SlayerSupreme: 3:34am On Sep 08, 2016
Nice.
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Victorvexz(m): 5:27am On Sep 08, 2016
Igbos go dey carry Niger delta matter for head. Is it by force to desperate want to form alliance with them. I never see any Niger delta trying so desperately to form alliance with the igbos. They don't want u, they are fine on their own, na una just dey disturb them, dey carry their matter for head even when dem no send una. Niger delta is the most important region in Nigeria, so we depend badly on them, the igbos know this, they know we can do without the south east, that is why they trying so hard to be relevant, hence trying to form alliance with Niger deltans. The igbos and Niger deltans were never one, even the civil is an example to prove that this two groups were never one, they never shared one ideology. U can keep denying the fact until reality hits u, It may be too late then

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 08, 2016
Victorvexz:
[s]Igbos go dey carry Niger delta matter for head. Is it by force to desperate want to form alliance with them. I never see any Niger delta trying so desperately to form alliance with the igbos. They don't want u, they are fine on their own, na una just dey disturb them, dey carry their matter for head even when dem no send una. Niger delta is the most important region in Nigeria, so we depend badly on them, the igbos know this, they know we can do without the south east, that is why they trying so hard to be relevant, hence trying to form alliance with Niger deltans. The igbos and Niger deltans were never one, even the civil is an example to prove that this two groups were never one, they never shared one ideology. U can keep denying the fact until reality hits u, It may be too late then[/s]

Typical yorubba like the one the OP was taking. I don't know what's wrong with this people. The earlier SS and SE realize that Yorubba is the monkey wrench/obstacle to our unity, the better for us.

It was the same divisive tendency that made an Ikwerre man flog a yorubba man last two months in Igwuocha(Port Harcourt) for telling him he is not Igbo. The Ikwerre man chased him with a chain, flogged the living divisive demon out of the yorubba man; he was pleading " I no talk again oh, I no know sey you be Igbo". Took the swift arrival of police to stop a mob attack. I keep warning you people...its one thing to be divisive online, and another in real life. This is not 1967, SS are wiser now and very angry for all the division and theft of their resources.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 08, 2016
O
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by ariesbull: 7:19am On Sep 08, 2016
saint7000:

Typical yorubba like the one the OP was taking. I don't know what's wrong with this people. The earlier SS and SE realize that Yorubba is the monkey wrench/obstacle to our unity, the better for us.

It was the same divisive tendency that made an Ikwerre man flog a yorubba man last two months in Igwuocha(Port Harcourt) for telling him he is not Igbo. The Ikwerre man chased him with a chain, flogged the living divisive demon out of the yorubba man; he was pleading " I no talk again oh, I no know sey you be Igbo". Took the swift arrival of police to stop a mob attack. I keep warning you people...its one thing to be divisive online, and another in real life. This is not 1967, SS are wiser now and very angry for all the division and theft of their resources.

Are you really sure about this ...

But wait I wonder why non igbo will tell igbo who is Igbo or not

It's just like an Igbo telling the Hausa man that kano man is Hausa while the zamfara man isn't Hausa ...it doesn't make sense

Another issue is this...what do they have to fear In igbo unity ?
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by President99: 7:29am On Sep 08, 2016
I have asked this questipn for umpteenth time! why can't Igbos implicitly focus on their landlocked Biafra? is that they can't survive without Niger delta?? If Biafra eventually see light of the day it WILL have one of the highest population densities in the world, which a third world country can't cope with. What would be the fate of other Igbos who couldn't find a source of livelihood and had to travel to north ans south west. While realising Biafra seems like a mirage,I wish it could be achieved. Texas is trying to withdraw from state the answer is emphantic NO, what about Catalans wanting to secede from Spain?
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 08, 2016
President99:
[s]I have asked this questipn for umpteenth time! why can't Igbos implicitly focus on their landlocked Biafra? is that they can't survive without Niger delta?? If Biafra eventually see light of the day it WILL have one of the highest population densities in the world, which a third world country can't cope with. What would be the fate of other Igbos who couldn't find a source of livelihood and had to travel to north ans south west. While realising Biafra seems like a mirage,I wish it could be achieved. Texas is trying to withdraw from state the answer is emphantic NO, what about Catalans wanting to secede from Spain?[/s]

Another yorubba. Sometimes people wonder, why I'm critical of yorubbas? This is why. THEY CAN NEVER MIND THEIR BUSINESS!

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by SuperS1Panther: 8:25am On Sep 08, 2016
Where were you when Yorubas first moved the motion for inclusion of secession in the constitution? What role did your forefathers play in thwarting it?

Where were you when the Yorubas called for restructuring of the country's in 1994? As usual were all busy supporting Abacha.

You never knew we will bring the military an Northern oligarchy to their knees.

You never knew you status will never be upgraded from 5th class citizen to even ordinary 3rd class

You never knew a day will come when you will be desiring the restructuring with your blood.

you are all back to our initial proposition, which is the only way forward.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by SuperS1Panther: 8:29am On Sep 08, 2016
saint7000:

Another yorubba. Sometimes people wonder, why I'm critical of yorubbas? This is why. THEY CAN NEVER MIND THEIR BUSINESS!

This is a social forum owned by a yoruba man.

It is you that must leave.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Mckennedy: 8:32am On Sep 08, 2016
Victorvexz:
Igbos go dey carry Niger delta matter for head. Is it by force to desperate want to form alliance with them. I never see any Niger delta trying so desperately to form alliance with the igbos. They don't want u, they are fine on their own, na una just dey disturb them, dey carry their matter for head even when dem no send una. Niger delta is the most important region in Nigeria, so we depend badly on them, the igbos know this, they know we can do without the south east, that is why they trying so hard to be relevant, hence trying to form alliance with Niger deltans. The igbos and Niger deltans were never one, even the civil is an example to prove that this two groups were never one, they never shared one ideology. U can keep denying the fact until reality hits u, It may be too late then

I had expected you to clear his questions instead of all this rants..until then I will take you serious.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by President99: 8:53am On Sep 08, 2016
saint7000:

My brother is everyone that tells the truth a Yoruba man?
While I am not a Yoruba man! my post has no tribal colouration, so just attack the message n not the messenger.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Victorvexz(m): 9:34am On Sep 08, 2016
Mckennedy:

I had expected you to clear his questions instead of all this rants..until then I will take you serious.
There nothing to clear there, the truth is u were never one, even from the time of the civil war.
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by OMAR12: 10:50am On Sep 08, 2016
Victorvexz:

There nothing to clear there, the truth is u were never one, even from the time of the civil war.
haha I laugh at ur gualiable stance, u said they are not united any we haven't heard of a situation where these two unit go toe to toe against each other.
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Mckennedy: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2016
Victorvexz:

keep deceiving your miserable life..
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Victorvexz(m): 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2016
Mckennedy:
keep deceiving your miserable life..

Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Sufisunni: 12:21pm On Mar 05, 2017
author=President99 post=49173268][quote]My brother is everyone that tells the truth a Yoruba man?
Abi
While I am not a Yoruba man! my post has no tribal colouration, so just attack the message n not the messenger.
good
Re: Biafra And So-called Nigerdelta by Sufisunni: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2017
Abi
good[b]
Abi
good[/b]
Abi
good

(1) (Reply)

Behind Close Doors: Caption This Picture Of Buhari And Aisha / With Coal, Nigeria Can Generate 17,500MW In 5 Years – Audu / T. Y. Danjuma Is Coordinator Of Niger Delta Waterways Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.