Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes (14666 Views)

Beggars In Kano State Return To Streets / Army Captures Boko Haram Terrorists In Maiduguri And Mafa / Eid Prayers Hold In Mafa, Borrno For The First Time In 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:33am On Sep 08, 2016
There was jubilation galore as residents of Mafa LGA of Borno State returned to their homes two years after they were displaced as a result of Insurgency. 22 local Government areas in Borno state were affected by the Displacements and so far some residents of Konduga and Ngamboru Ngala have also been returned to their communities.

http://www.petalsblog.com/2016/09/jubilation-as-residents-of-mafa-borno.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Destined2win: 6:36am On Sep 08, 2016
That's nice

7 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 6:36am On Sep 08, 2016
Buhari, the Indefatigable leader of our time.

Where others failed he has succeeded. Where others couldn't dare to venture into he has dared and ventured into.

Despite today's hardship, I have no doubt this man will eventually succeed. He doesn't shy away from taking tough decisions needed to put Nigeria back on track of progress and development.

The economy will turn around for the good and soon our fate/destiny will not be decided by crude price anymore.

96 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by BJAYADEMOLA(m): 6:39am On Sep 08, 2016
More pics

1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Truth234(m): 6:39am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

Where others failed or dared to venture, he has succeeded and also daring to

Hope he will succeed with the Economy

11 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by akinola107(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016
After the long hardship undecided
Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by madridguy(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Next is economy.

Sai Baba till 2080

39 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Nobody: 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016
Indeed no place like home, i also pray that other Nigerians unsettled by the rampaging herdsmen will have the leisure of drinking their own wine in peace in their own frontyard.

11 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by slimthugchimee(m): 6:41am On Sep 08, 2016
the only place i could have commended buhari was about boko haram but unfortunatly i wont because it was gej that made provision for all this to happen only for buhari to want to tak the glory

gerarahea, dulllard

3 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 6:43am On Sep 08, 2016
Truth234:

Hope he will succeed with the Economy
The current hardship occasioned by his tough but correct decisions are prerequisite to make Nigeria experience the real growth and development.

Gold only becomes very valuable and admirable after passing through very high temperature. The higher the temperature at which it's heated, the harder it becomes, not the softer.

The president needs support of patriotic Nigerians.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Truth234(m): 6:43am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

Where others failed he has succeeded. Where other couldn't dare to venture into he has dared and venturing into.

Despite today's hardship, I have no doubt this man will eventually succeed. He doesn't shy away from taking tough decisions needed to put Nigeria back on track of progress and development.

The economy will turn around for the goods and soon our fate/destiny will not be decided by crude price anymore.

He is currently afraid to sack both CBN Governor and Finance Minister, they both lacked recession technical know-how and has failed to proffer tangible solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by madridguy(m): 6:44am On Sep 08, 2016
Wake up Oga, day don break.

slimthugchimee:
the only place i could have commended buhari was about boko haram but unfortunatly i wont because it was gej that made provision for all this to happen only for buhari to want to tak the glory

gerarahea, dulllard

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 6:44am On Sep 08, 2016
[s]
slimthugchimee:

gerarahea, dulllard
[/s]

The president doesn't need your praising him.

Tell this your story to the people of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa and watch them lynch you!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Davash222(m): 6:47am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

The current hardship occasioned by his tough but correct decisions are prerequisite to make Nigeria experience the real growth and development.

Gold only becomes very valuable and admirable after passing through very high temperature. The higher the temperature at which it's heated, the harder it becomes, not the softer.

I lack words to express your gullibility and please stop celebrating mediocrity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 6:47am On Sep 08, 2016
Truth234:

He is currently afraid to sack both CBN Governor and Finance Minister, they both lacked recession technical know-how and has failed to proffer tangible solution.
The Finance minister is doing fine. Her proposal is to borrow to finance capital projects.

Emefiele has proved to be confused but Buhari is a man who obeys the laws/constitution of the land. The laws make it difficult (though not impossible) to sack Emefiele before expiration of his term.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Truth234(m): 6:48am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

This hardship is not caused by him but global oil glut, I won't blame him. But I will blame his financial team for not providing US blueprint like every normal sovereign nation.

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/3329132/idiocy-nigerian-financial-team

8 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 08, 2016
Kudos baba for achieving this feat

Let light now beacon on economy

We will surely scale thru

8 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by slimthugchimee(m): 6:49am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

The president doesn't need your praising him.

Tell this your story to the people of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa and watch them lynch you!
when its their brother that is in seat why wont they do it
Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by allthingsgood: 6:50am On Sep 08, 2016
madridguy:
Next is economy.

Sai Baba till 2080

Yes ooo

Till 3100 sef grin

5 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2016
Truth234:

This hardship is not caused by him but global oil glut, I won't blame him. But I will blame his financial team for not providing US blueprint like every normal sovereign nation.

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/3329132/idiocy-nigerian-financial-team
My point is, he has taken certain decisions such as banning importation of some goods, removing subsidy from fuel, etc that have equally contributed to the hardship.

3 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Truth234(m): 6:55am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

The Finance minister is doing fine. Her proposal is to borrow to finance capital projects.

Emefiele has proved to be confused but Buhari is a man who obeys the laws/constitution of the land. The laws make it difficult (though not impossible) to sack Emefiele before expiration of his term.

The finance minister is even worst, imagine in her last speech widely shared across social media. She speaks at length on why recurrent expenditure is our problem yet interest rates is 14%, how do you create jobs when interest rates is at all time high and they are borrowing aggressively, won't that be recurrent in future budget? Why can't we stimulate our economy from within and empower our people?

Now is the time to diversify, since Nigerians do not have the money to meet high foreign exchange rates. So local substitute goods will sell but government must allow local manufacturers access to cheap loans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 7:00am On Sep 08, 2016
Truth234:

The finance minister is even worst, imagine in her last speech widely shared across social media. She speaks at length on why recurrent expenditure is our problem yet interest rates is 14%, how do you create jobs when interest rates is at all time high and they are borrowing aggressively, won't that be recurrent in future budget? Why can't we stimulate our economy from within and empower our people?

Now is the time to diversify, since Nigerians do not have the money to meet high foreign exchange rates. So local substitute goods will sell but government must allow local manufacturers access to cheap loans.
I agree with that of interest rate but she's right saying recurrent expenditure is our problem. Her primary point when he made that statement was "salaries and emoluments" of office holders. High interest rate has actually been a major problem.

2 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Goldencollins: 7:06am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

Where others failed he has succeeded. Where others couldn't dare to venture into he has dared and ventured into.

The economy will turn around for the good and soon our fate/destiny will not be decided by crude price anymore.
I knew the Zombiez will land on this thread to show their gullibility,where are your fellow Zombiez abi na only u waka come?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 7:07am On Sep 08, 2016
[s]
Goldencollins:

I knew the Zombiez will land on this thread to show their gullibility,where are your fellow Zombiez abi na only u waka come?
[/s]
You're noticed. Happy?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Truth234(m): 7:10am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

I agree with that of interest rate but she's right saying recurrent expenditure is our problem. Her primary point when he made that statement was "salaries and emoluments" of office holders. High interest rate has actually been a major problem.

My issue with that method is we cannot attack recurrent expenditure while the nation is borrowing and just yesterday they planned to borrow 120 billion from local market, but reducing expenditure while diversifying the economy is key. One key factor is low interest rates and realistic market policies to encourage local manufacturers and investors to revamp the economy.

Once unemployment drop, earnings will go up and we will attack inflation, not chasing foreign investors because of capital importation needed to offset deficit created by dollar scarcity. We need rebuilding.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Goldencollins: 7:11am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:
[/s]
[s]You're noticed. Happy?

People are suffering and you are here praising and dancing to propaganda,when will you have sense ?
Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 7:17am On Sep 08, 2016
Truth234:

My issue with that method is we cannot attack recurrent expenditure while the nation is borrowing and just yesterday they planned to borrow 120 billion from local market, but reducing expenditure while diversifying the economy is key. One key factor is low interest rates and realistic market policies to encourage local manufacturers and investors to revamp the economy.

Once unemployment drop, earnings will go up and we will attack inflation, not chasing foreign investors because of capital importation needed to offset deficit created by dollar scarcity. We need rebuilding.

I disagree. You can attack recurrent expenditure and still borrow but for capital projects; and there won't be any problems.

Over 40,000 (and counting) ghost workers have been removed from FG's payroll. Unnecessary travels and First Class travels have been pruned down drastically, and a host of others. All these steps will surely affect amount of money in circulation but investing more on capital projects can compesate very well for that.

Besides, focusing on unemployment challenge can be done independently of cutting spending on recurrent expenditures. One doesn't get in the way of the other.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by PassingShot(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2016
[s]
Goldencollins:

People are suffering and you are here praising and dancing to propaganda,when will you have sense ?
[/s]
When you and yours grow sense!

7 Likes

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by Truth234(m): 7:28am On Sep 08, 2016
PassingShot:

I disagree. You can attack recurrent expenditure and still borrow but for capital projects; and there won't be any problems.

Over 40,000 (and counting) ghost workers have been removed from FG's payroll. Unnecessary travels and First Class travels have been pruned down drastically, and a host of others. All these steps will surely affect amount of money in circulation but investing more on capital projects can compesate very well for that.

Besides, focusing on unemployment challenge can be done independently of cutting spending on recurrent expenditures. One doesn't get in the way of the other.

You are mixing it up, that is reducing expenditure/leakages. It does not add much to our revenues. Borrowing for capital project, isn't that capital expenditure? Won't it reflect in the future budget? So why making noise on something we can't deal with now? We have more problem at hand than her usual example "Ethiopia".

We need to spend aggressively and encourage real entrepreneurs to invest and leave all these minor issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by herzern(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2016
cool
Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by aninexzy(m): 8:38am On Sep 08, 2016
I pray further attacks shouldn't hit them after returning
Re: Residents Of Mafa, Borno State Return To Their Homes by mrswebb: 8:38am On Sep 08, 2016
Fear

(1) (2) (Reply)

"APC Amused By Pdp's Interest In Mode Of Primaries." Yekini Nabena / Kenyan Politician Advices Nigerians Against Spoiling Nigeria's Brand Globally / Power Outage In Imo Beyond Us - Enugu Electricity Distribution Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.