Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon (2613 Views)

Pastor Victor Wellington Resigns From RCCG, Exposes Redeemed "Curse Sermon" / Sharon Oyakhilome And Her Father Chris Oyakhilome Pictured Together / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by famobaba(m): 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has drawn the ire of Nigerian feminists after he preached a sermon that wives must accept husbands as masters, they are not equals!

Responding, Joy Isi-Bewaji, a popular feminist and author dismissed the preacher as a man sulking after divorce from his wife who is fondly called Pastor Anita.

In a viral Facebook post that has gathered over 70 shares and 300 likes, the fiery feminist seize the moment to criticize anti-feminists sermon emanating from Nigerian Pastors.

Sources - http://expressng.com/2016/09/chris-oyakhilome-preaching-witchcraft-author-blasts-over-anti-feminist-sermon/

She wrote…

Chris Oyakhilome is just a bitter man because his wife dumped his cheating ass.

Go an' sit down on a pile of shit.

The woman has moved on to better things.

I can imagine a marriage where the man thinks the wife is an "after-thought"...

The life you need to bear.

*shivers*

First we are not equal to men. Now we are an after-thought.

What next? What sick revelation will these religious fools spew in 2017?

The pile of dirt and manipulations these men of dogs are made of.

Nigeria is one of the poorest nations in the world...

When is your god going to heal the land where you have made billions... the land you have ravaged with spiritual deceit?

You are flying private jets in a land where 85% are dirt poor and you justify it with God's blessing on your own life.

What these people are preaching is witchcraft.

They are destroying families. Ruining the lives of young Nigerians. And adding no value whatsoever to our growth as a people.

Abrahamic religions are the bane of our society and sanity.

To hell with these idiots.

You couldn't keep a home... it is paining you that your wife left...

Now you want to make sure every woman in a marriage suffers for what your Ex did to you (or really, what you did to her)...

Daft husbands will sit and listen to this crap.

A woman is about to become the first citizen of the entire world.

According to your warped interpretation...she is an afterthought?

Hillary Clinton is an after-thought. Serena is an after-thought. Theresa May is an after-thought. Angela Merkel is an after-thought. Queen Elizabeth is an after-thought.

Your mother is an after-thought.

Someone...anyone, hand Chris his medication.

Sources - http://expressng.com/2016/09/chris-oyakhilome-preaching-witchcraft-author-blasts-over-anti-feminist-sermon/

cc lalasticlala, seun

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2016
famobaba:

Someone...anyone, hand Chris his medication.

NOW!!! That's disrespectful.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by divinehand2003(m): 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2016
But If you are a bible student who believes in scriptures, the bible clearly regards the man as a higher than the woman.
It's not to say that men are kings over the women but that the woman must respect her man with humility.
Remember, the woman is the weaker vessel.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Idydarling(f): 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2016
someone summarize the above mbok
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by ifenes(m): 7:38pm On Sep 08, 2016
Someone rightly said he is a marriage drop out who is not/qualified to speak about marriage. He should mirror the message he preaches to his deluded audience.

Haven been a faliure of his previous love affair, he is now on a mission to degrade women.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by ZKOSOSO(m): 10:32pm On Sep 08, 2016
Wahala dey....
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by An2elect2(f): 10:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
ifenes:
Someone rightly said he is a marriage drop out who is not/qualified to speak about marriage. He should mirror the message he preaches to his deluded audience.

Haven been a failure of his previous love affair, he is now on a mission to degrade women.
You atheists need to get a hold of your scattered brain cells for once. I read your post on the previous thread, where you claimed Christianity degrades women.

face it, you don't want to reason, you don't want think and understand. All you want is to rubbish Christianity and God by standing for anything that opposes it even when it makes no sense to you.

Unfortunately you have failed before you started to plan.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by An2elect2(f): 11:04pm On Sep 08, 2016
Chris Oyaks might be a con man, a hireling (in short, a false teacher) but he wasn't wrong when he said husbands are the "masters".

One interesting thing about false teachers is that they mix truth with error, so you don't get uncomfortable around them. Some have good intentions but they are unaware of their delusion. They are teachers who have been deceived and are deceiving others.

About husbands being masters, the bible called them Lords. They are like Leaders, providers, protectors, comforters, teachers unto their wives and children. A master is not to disrespect his wife, order her around and treat her like a slave but respect, love and adore her Just the same way Christ (who is the master) of his church treats her.

The secular definition of master is completely different from that of the bible's.

God wants women to be treated equally like everyone. He wants us respected and loved and cherished. Just exactly how Jesus would want His bride (the church).

Any other meaning contrary to this, is a lie from the pit of hell

4 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by lilmax(m): 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2016
she's not a Christian so why mad? e no concern you

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by ifenes(m): 11:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
'
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by ifenes(m): 11:11pm On Sep 08, 2016
An2elect2:
[i] You atheists need to get a hold of your scattered brain cells for once. I read your post on the previous thread, where you claimed Christianity degrades women.

face it, you don't want to reason, you don't want think and understand. All you want is to rubbish Christianity and God by standing for anything that opposes it even when it makes no sense to you.

You are a lady right? Kindly list one positive thing the Bible has said about females. I am speaking for Conscious black women,not the ones like you.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by An2elect2(f): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2016
ifenes:

You are a lady right? Kindly list one positive thing the Bible has said about females. I am speaking for Conscious black women,not the ones like you.

You have no point because people like you have no understanding of the bible. Verses, chapters do not interpret themselves independent of others. We read the bible in context and not maliciously picking 'faults'

I have never read the bible and felt discriminated or degraded as a woman, because i approach it with full respect for my creator and His laws. If He wanted orderliness, the man on top and the woman as a helper, so be it because God is perfect and knows whats best; just like the Fathers knows whats good for His children.

Any one who is conscious and not insanely sensitive will understand this

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 09, 2016
The most surprising thing is that even women support the bible and Qur'an's misogyny. How will we grow as a nation when one gender is considered more superior than another all based on the teachings of archaic books.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by frubben(m): 8:56am On Sep 09, 2016
An2elect2:
Chris Oyaks might be a con man, a hireling (in short, a false teacher) but he wasn't wrong when he said husbands are the "masters".

One interesting thing about false teachers is that they mix truth with error, so you don't get uncomfortable around them. Some have good intentions but they are unaware of their delusion. They are teachers who have been deceived and are deceiving others.

About husbands being masters, the bible called them Lords. They are like Leaders, providers, protectors, comforters, teachers unto their wives and children. A master is not to disrespect his wife, order her around and treat her like a slave but respect, love and adore her Just the same way Christ (who is the master) of his church treats her.

The secular definition of master is completely different from that of the bible's.

God wants women to be treated equally like everyone. He wants us respected and loved and cherished. Just exactly how Jesus would want His bride (the church).

Any other meaning contrary to this, is a lie from the pit of hell

Thank God u understand the word "Master" but not everybody understand the word "Master" that's why he should not have use that world "Master" because nigeria men reason anyhow.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by ifenes(m): 9:27am On Sep 09, 2016
An2elect2:
You have no point because people like you have no understanding of the bible. Verses, chapters do not interpret themselves independent of others. We read the bible in context and not maliciously picking 'faults'

I have never read the bible and felt discriminated or degraded as a woman, because i approach it with full respect for my creator and His laws. If He wanted orderliness, the man on top and the woman as a helper, so be it because God is perfect and knows whats best; just like the Fathers knows whats good for His children.

What does Slaves obey your Masters mean to you? Let's see how you understand the bible better!

You still haven't listed any positive thing the bible said about women.

Deuteronomy 22:23-24 If a betrothed virgin is raped in the city and doesn't cry out loud enough, then "the men of the city shall stone her to death."

9 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2016
frubben:

Thank God u understand the word "Master" but not everybody understand the word "Master" that's why he should not have use that world "Master" because nigeria men reason anyhow.
What other way can someone understand the word master?

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by frubben(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2016
Lennycool:
What other way can someone understand the word master?
A lot of ways
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by ifenes(m): 9:54am On Sep 09, 2016
frubben:

A lot of ways

Can you explain the 4th verse? Explain how it spoke well of women! That's your beloved book

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by donnie(m): 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
She is sick, she needs help. ThAt message was preached almost a decade ago.
She resemble who him husband go talk one she go talk two...dats if she get husband.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Topgainer: 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
donnie:
She is sick, she needs help. ThAt message was preached almost a decade ago.
She resemble who him husband go talk one she go talk two...dats if she get husband.

Are you the next Gombs and J. O Agbaje? You chose that your warped judge not and touch not my anointed as it pleases you especially to shy away from the fact that false teachings must be exposed.
That woman I am seeing is healthier than your god Pastor Oyaks and will see heaven before your Chris except Chris repents from deceiving people and preaching messages Jesus didn't teach.
Which healthy man ('not sick') will bleach his skin like that and probably sit under a lady who is not his wife for a jerry curl hairdo, not to mention his opinions these days.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Topgainer: 3:49pm On Sep 09, 2016
Jhuniyour:

NOW!!! That's disrespectful.
She was harsh but it only shows she doesn't see Chris Oyaks as as a man of God or a role model for anybody like many other Nigerians and South Africans who have been scammed by the gang.
And again, she might be angry about the harsh words (when refering to Anita) credited to Chris in the wake of his divorce saga. Most sensible women were angry, I remember this lagos female pastor he sacked for speaking her mind in that divorce issue
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by flamingREED(m): 3:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
An2elect2:

Somebody give this lady

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2016
Topgainer:

She was harsh but it only shows she doesn't see Chris Oyaks as as a man of God or a role model for anybody like many other Nigerians and South Africans who have been scammed by the gang.
And again, she might be angry about the harsh words (when refering to Anita) credited to Chris in the wake of his divorce saga. Most sensible women were angry, I remember this lagos female pastor he sacked for speaking her mind in that divorce issue

I see. You know, the best method to avoid being "scammed" by "fake pastors" is watching from a distance. A lot of people watch too close.

Talking about his divorce, I have no say because nobody is perfect.

One day, we will all know about our mistakes.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by donnie(m): 8:41pm On Sep 09, 2016
Topgainer:

Are you the next Gombs and J. O Agbaje? You chose that your warped judge not and touch not my anointed as it pleases you especially to shy away from the fact that false teachings must be exposed.
That woman I am seeing is healthier than your god Pastor Oyaks and will see heaven before your Chris except Chris repents from deceiving people and preaching messages Jesus didn't teach.

^^ Another sick fellow
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by seedgreen(m): 1:00am On Sep 10, 2016
Topgainer:

see how unreasonable you are, you can boldly justify her anger. People ehn.....you are doomed.......your end is already known......the truth is you so love Rev Chris......you just can't admit it. His level of knowledge of God's word is far beyond ur sunesis.....a man that ministers to GOs of ministries world wide and they listen with rapt attention. Give me your citations, let me give you his.

Even if he's a bad person according to you, the good he has done, until rapture, you will never have come closer.

Person dey talk, 'people' dey reply......arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by seedgreen(m): 1:01am On Sep 10, 2016
donnie:

^^ Another sick fellow
that guy sickness nor be here oooo. He's deluded......
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by hopefulLandlord: 2:02am On Sep 10, 2016
An2elect2:

Oga, please give us where bible said something positive about women
for every one you give (I doubt you'll see any but there's a possibility) I'll give 3 in return
thanks in advance

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by petra1(m): 5:40am On Sep 10, 2016
famobaba:

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome has drawn the ire of Nigerian feminists after he preached a sermon that wives must accept husbands as masters, they are not equals!

Responding, Joy Isi-Bewaji, a popular feminist and author dismissed the preacher as a man sulking after divorce from his wife who is fondly called Pastor Anita.

In a viral

She wrote…

Chris Oyakhilome is just a bitter man because his wife dumped his cheating ass.

Go an' sit down on a pile of shit.

The woman has moved on to better things.

I can imagine a marriage where the man thinks the wife is an "after-thought"...

The life you need to bear.

*shivers*

First we are not equal to men. Now we are an after-thought.

What next? What sick revelation will these religious fools spew in 2017?

The pile of dirt and manipulations these men of dogs are made of.

Nigeria is one of the poorest nations in the world...

When is your god going to heal the land where you have made billions... the land you have ravaged with spiritual deceit?

Ruining the lives of young Nigerians. And adding no value whatsoever to our growth as a people.

Abrahamic religions are the bane of our society and sanity.

To hell with these idiots.

You couldn't keep a home... it is paining you that your wife left...

Now you want to make sure every woman in a marriage suffers for what your Ex did to you (or really,

This is trash . He didn't preach the sermon after divorce . He preached it years ago . And he has been preaching it ever since . It's not a fresh message .

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Topgainer: 7:33am On Sep 10, 2016
seedgreen:
see how unreasonable you are, you are doomed.......your end is already known......the truth is you so love rev Chris......you just can't admit it. His level of knowledge of God's word is far beyond ur sunesis.....a man that ministers to GOs of ministries world wide and they listen with rapt attention. Give me your citations, let me give you his.

Even if he's a bad person according to you, the good he has done, until rapture, you will never have come closer.

Person dey talk, 'people' dey reply......arrant nonsense
Listen to another of my delusion

Hitler has a better citation than Chris
The anti Christ will gather more ministers with apt attention than Chris eventually
It is all part of the end when men gather for themselves ministers who masquerade as angels and feed their ears with what they want to hear.
They want to hear mast. urbation is just a habit, a believer cannot sin whatever he does god overlooks instantly because he/she is not yet mature, In Loves world, I can for. nicate, mastu. rbate, smoke, tattoo, dress seductively, keep my wife far and co-habit with younger females, take gate fee for salvation programs and more importantly ensure that there is no difference between me and them that are in the world.
It is better to have just 10 people who have the true gospel of Jesus that 10 million who fall for the subtle gospel according to god Oyakhilome. That is the reason the Bible warned about receiving and accepting another gospel even when it is delivered by 'an angel' with acclaim
The moment you realize that it is better for someone not have heard about Jesus than to hear about him from a false teacher is that moment true repentance will come to your mind. The damage of false teaching is enormous, that damage is what makes you feel that anybody who refused to worship Oyakhilome with you is doomed.
Oyakhilome cannot be a role model for any true believer. For emphasis, I am grateful to God Almighty for delivering me from Lovesworld and others who will be delivered will have this as reference. It is not easy to breakaway from that charm and circle of sweet talking friends
Shalom
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by Topgainer: 7:47am On Sep 10, 2016
petra1:

This is trash . He didn't preach the sermon after divorce . He preached it years ago . And he has been preaching it ever since . It's not a fresh message .
The Bishop has already started having issues with his wife when he began to justify it with that preaching. The first rumor that love was lost in the Bishop's marriage was about 12 years ago but many dismissed it based on the pretences displayed on stage.
If Chris wants his wife back, he should just humble himself, approach her with love and a promise to respect her opinion concerning the skimpy dressed ladies at the white house and he will be forgiven. It is in his hands
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by MuttleyLaff: 8:14am On Sep 10, 2016
petra1:
This is trash. He didn't preach the sermon after divorce. He preached it years ago.
And he has been preaching it ever since. It's not a fresh message
Trust the usual suspects to put head above the parapet to speak their minds and be in denial

Topgainer:
The Bishop has already started having issues with his wife when he began to justify it with that preaching.
The first rumor that love was lost in the Bishop's marriage was about 12 years ago but many dismissed it based on the pretences displayed on stage.
Word.

Topgainer:
If Chris wants his wife back, he should just humble himself, approach her with love and a promise to respect her opinion concerning the skimpy dressed ladies at the white house and he will be forgiven. It is in his hands
Dont worry, trust Benny when in Lagos hosted by him between October 27 - 29 can give him tips on ''how to win your wife back after a divorce filing scare and living separately for nearly four years from wife''

Is there anything impossible for God?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome Preaching Witchcraft, Author Blasts Over Anti-feminist Sermon by petra1(m): 8:20am On Sep 10, 2016
Topgainer:

The Bishop has already started having issues with his wife when he began to justify it with that preaching. The first rumor that love was lost in the Bishop's marriage was about 12 years ago but many dismissed it based on the pretences displayed on stage.

It's not true. Firstly this is what he had been teaching right from beginning . Not a new message . Secondly there was no 12 Yrs crisis . She comes for conferences and minister. Even as at 3 years ago they were on holiday in her hometown in Switzerland . The hotel gave him a presidential welcome . I have a witness who was there . And he was telling me about the presidential welcome which fascinated him .

You're not there to know what effort was made . She left the house and . She gave impossible condition for come back . If their daughter who is over 20yrs old could call the father the best dad in the world . There's nothing' an outsider would say that should count .anyone can peddle anything online . There's no lady with skimpy dress in White House . They all dress responsibly . Besides he lives with his daughter .We should get off other people's matter and pray if we care enough .?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Proving The Truthfulness Of IFA Oracle According To The Christian Bible / The Antichrist Grace Gospel That Many Christians In Hell Fire Believed / A Prayer Request For Bisi Olofinyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.