Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:36 PM

Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China (20724 Views)

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC / Buhari Approves Appointments For 13 Government Agencies / FG Okays Loans From World Bank, China, Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Oildichotomy(m): 11:34pm On Sep 08, 2016
Nigeria’s presidency has approved plans for external borrowing from the World Bank, China and Japan.
Nigeria will take on debt from institutions including the World Bank, African Development Bank, Japan International Cooperation Agency and Export-Import Bank of China, the presidency commented on Twitter.
This will include “low-cost, long-term” loans with interest rates of 1.25 percent and maturities of 20 years, according to the tweets. Details of a Eurobond will be announced “in due course.” The government is now waiting for lawmakers to approve the plans, the presidency said.

President Muhammadu Buhari announced a record 6.1 trillion naira ($19.4 billion) spending plan this year to try and stimulate the economy, which contracted in the first two quarters as oil revenue plunged. He said he expected the government to raise about $5 billion from the Eurobond market and multilateral and bilateral lenders.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4213789_488x1_png62582b9e90582276ba8ff7bf91692645

Nigeria’s Debt Management Office last month asked banks to place bids by Sept. 19 if they wished to manage a $1 billion Eurobond sale. Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun told bond investors in London in June that Nigeria was close to securing around $3 billion of funding from the World Bank and African Development Bank.
Nigeria, which vies with South Africa as the continent’s biggest economy, has issued dollar bonds twice, the last time in 2013. Yields on its $500 million of securities due in July 2023 fell 11 basis points to 6.24 percent by 1:01 p.m. in Lagos, their lowest level since June 2015 and down more than 300 basis points since hitting a record 9.4 percent on Jan. 18.

Some imps are attacking the OP for the imbrued foolishness of the Dullard-in-power

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by onatisi(m): 11:35pm On Sep 08, 2016
Paperwhite:
Useless,clueless,directionless,illiterate, vindictive,one-step forward hundred-steps backward......president of zombies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=49195414][/quote] bro who are you? you be witch ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

me sef don dey fear you oooo shocked

this one na real political analyst cool

I bow and tremble cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by idupaul: 11:57pm On Sep 08, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=49195414][/quote]

Respect. .you are an extremely intelligent man .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by abeyaktech: 11:59pm On Sep 08, 2016
I can now believe that this man is clueless .....

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by onatisi(m): 12:03am On Sep 09, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
bro who are you? you be witch ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Abeg no fear me ooo
Come nearer and receive some anointing grin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by kenny987(f): 12:04am On Sep 09, 2016
TheDEVlLHimseIf:
bro who are you? you be witch ? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Is it not Uncle Onatisi? sad I have begged him before to reduce these his predictions cos they so eerily become reality. Maybe if he doesen't talk it won't happen or as some zombies expect, we all should fall on our knees and sing positive praises to bubu and apc for their magnanimity in 'saving Nigeria' from 16 years of rot. That way, all things will automatically fall into place. Maybe if Uncle Onatisi starts singing dem praises we might see something different...lol grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by onatisi(m): 12:04am On Sep 09, 2016
idupaul:

Respect. .you are an extremely intelligent man .
Bros I am just a normal guy oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Pidggin(f): 1:11am On Sep 09, 2016
Anyone attacking the OP needs a brain examination

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 1:15am On Sep 09, 2016
onatisi:

Abeg no fear me ooo
Come nearer and receive some anointing grin
i dey come oo bro you be real Prophet see verbatim shocked

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by TheDEVlLHimseIf: 1:16am On Sep 09, 2016
kenny987:

Is it not Uncle Onatisi? sad I have begged him before to reduce these his predictions cos they so eerily become reality. Maybe if he doesen't talk it won't happen or as some zombies expect, we all should fall on our knees and sing positive praises to bubu and apc for their magnanimity in 'saving Nigeria' from 16 years of rot. That way, all things will automatically fall into place. Maybe if Uncle Onatisi starts singing dem praises we might see something different...lol grin cheesy

maybe he should start o me sef i don't tire to dey blast monkey living in aso Rock

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by obailala(m): 1:53am On Sep 09, 2016
All I see on this thread are just a bunch of pathetic wailers doing what they know how to do best; wail and throw insults foolishly... Nigeria is currently in a dire situation and needs all the money it can get, borrowing has since been mapped out as the way forward but even getting the lenders to release money seems to have been a problem. Everyone knows borrowing from the imf/worldbank isnt favourable and the nation has tried to avoid that situation. But with things getting tougher and people going hungry, the govt seems to have run oit of options and may have to eventually resort to these same exploitative lot.

Now how anyone who is a Nigerian sees this unfortunate development as something to be excited over is beyond me; probably just getting another opportunity to throw insults around is what excites some folks. Such wastes!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by felixomor: 3:30am On Sep 09, 2016
Its dawning on a sad reality that no nigerian leader is capable of saving us from rising external debt.
Obasanjo and Yaradua tried so much to avoid it, but the leaders who followed after them, never knew the value of such.
So sad that this present administration will join the bandwagon too.
I would have even thought that bynow, the govt should have reduced recurrent expenditure by stopping some outrageous political salaries and allowances and security votes.
Unfortunately, it seems we will continue to borrow until we end up like Greece or something.
Even America being the best economy in the world is beginning to regret their large external debt. They still wish they owe nobody.
So sad, we cant learn from them.
Really, only God can save Nigeria now cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Hiploko(m): 4:00am On Sep 09, 2016
obailala:
All I see on this thread are just a bunch of pathetic wailers doing what they know how to do best; wail and throw insults foolishly... Nigeria is currently in a dire situation and needs all the money it can get, borrowing has since been mapped out as the way forward but even getting the lenders to release money seems to have been a problem. Everyone knows borrowing from the imf/worldbank isnt favourable and the nation has tried to avoid that situation. But with things getting tougher and people going hungry, the govt seems to have run oit of options and may have to eventually resort to these same exploitative lot.

Now how anyone who is a Nigerian sees this unfortunate development as something to be excited over is beyond me; probably just getting another opportunity to throw insults around is what excites some folks. Such wastes!
still waiting for the day you will make a meaningful contribution on NL

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by 8BitGee(m): 5:27am On Sep 09, 2016
And how is this news? Haven't we always known the 2016 budget will be financed with loans from WB and China?

Agriculture is beginning to boom, better get a hoe.
Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Blue3k(m): 5:58am On Sep 09, 2016
Lol people are crying crocodile tears now. How is unfortunate news a tragedy. Nigeria has refused to lift itself out of mud and we are suffering consequences. We refuaed to join 21st century with stable power, fiscal federalism, get government out running business, diversify economy, embrace free market copy Asian tigers. Now how can we cry now. As a smaller economy we have power rocket off if preconditions of economic growth are met like other countries have done this century.
Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by onatisi(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2016
felixomor:
Its dawning on a sad reality that no nigerian leader is capable of saving us from rising external debt.
Obasanjo and Yaradua tried so much to avoid it, but the leaders who followed after them, never knew the value of such.
So sad that this present administration will join the bandwagon too.
I would have even thought that bynow, the govt should have reduced recurrent expenditure by stopping some outrageous political salaries and allowances and security votes.
Unfortunately, it seems we will continue to borrow until we end up like Greece or something.
Even America being the best economy in the world is beginning to regret their large external debt. They still wish they owe nobody.
So sad, we cant learn from them.
Really, only God can save Nigeria now cry

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 09, 2016
idupaul:
I am afraid as long as Buhari is in power no injection of loan will make any sense ..even if oil rises to 200 dollars a barrel it won't make any difference under visionless leader . So this loan is dead on arrival
I see reasonable SENSE in your statement.
That's the truth.
I used to think EXPATRIATES are intelligent and smart, then how come PMB, who is an EXPATRIATE PRESIDENT not replicating such.......?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by obailala(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2016
Hiploko:
still waiting for the day you will make a meaningful contribution on NL
Coming from a person whose own definition of 'meaningful contribution' is probably to throw insults, make baseless ignorant criticisms and give pointless analysis devoid of reasoning, I'm sorry to dissappoint you, I wouldn't be making any 'meaningful contribution' any time soon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by grodt999: 8:23am On Sep 09, 2016
useless mallam president.
No Idiagbon so he cannot operate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by wakes: 8:24am On Sep 09, 2016
It is well.
All we care is the poor peasants worst hit.
Let the economy be revamped.
That's all
Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Mopolchi: 8:24am On Sep 09, 2016
dondo83:
people will be calling buhari a dullard and simple information they cant digest. Did buhari or fg claim it wont borrow ? how will the fund a 6trillion budget? Adeosun said fg will borrow for capital expenditure and infrastructural development ! if you are still too dull to understand quote me and I will break it down further

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by agwom(m): 8:24am On Sep 09, 2016
ok
Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by GoodSide: 8:26am On Sep 09, 2016
another debt added to nigerias problems..
we are doomed for life.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by sarutobie(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2016
NoreenUG:

grin Typical zombie with their outdated tactics.

In the absence of the intellect to counter a thread, his next resort is attempting to derail it.
Thank you, iSpiksdatroof, for entertaining us today with your mental emptiness; but it looks like now would be a good time to return to your cage.
easy naa....if the zombie shoots himself in the head you will have blood on your hands..indirectly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2016
Nowadays when I want to start a conversation all I hv to say is see this buhari eeh nd everybody will join...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by manutdrichie(m): 8:28am On Sep 09, 2016
Thought zombie said he was paying GEJ's debt, why borrow more, is he going to be in govt for 20yrs to clear the debt?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2016
#Recallthis "I am the most ABUSED and INSULTED president in the world, but when I leave office you will all remember me for the total FREEDOM you enjoyed under my government". GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN December 2014.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by PassingShot(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2016
NoreenUG:

You should have read the numerous trash from his many voltrons and zombies who were initially deceiving themselves with chatter like:

"Ha! I trust Baba. Buhari will never bow to the evil World Bank"

"Buhari will never bow to the IMF"

"The neo-colonialist IMF can go to hell with their money and anti-African policies. THERE IS A NEW SHERIFF IN TOWN!"

"Biuhari is incorruptible! We don't need World Bank's money! Sai Baba!"

All that don end now as the President exports his Almajiri swags to the world stage.
Your ignorance stinks to high heavens.

What PMB rejected was the tough borrowing conditions of IMF, not against borrowing per se. If you had any analytical ability, you will see that the report you've brought here doesn't mention any of such killing conditions.

Your economic destroyers borrowed to finance their stealing. Yet shameless people like you worship the ground they step on.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by sarutobie(m): 8:32am On Sep 09, 2016
[quote author=onatisi post=49195414][/quote]
the socioeconomic prophet of our time...how you are able to see happenings so far ahead in the future is impressive...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 09, 2016
Abeg fellow Nigerians abeg no borrow again see my signature, register and earn from there. thanks

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Borrowing From World Bank, China by onatisi(m): 8:37am On Sep 09, 2016
sarutobie:

the socioeconomic prophet of our time...how you are able to see happenings so far ahead in the future is impressive...
Thank you sir. When a president is surrounded with the likes of audu ogbe,Femi adeshina,amaechi,ngige and so on like that then you already know the direction the nation is heading

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abba Kyari, Aisha Buhari, Others Bleed Nigeria High Commission In London - SR / Chile Eboe-Osuji Elected President Of International Criminal Court (ICC) / Edo Drivers Association Endorses Obaseki (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.