Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,891 members, 7,863,045 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:55 AM

Police Officer Sacked After He Shared Pictures Of Murder Scenes To Impress Women - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officer Sacked After He Shared Pictures Of Murder Scenes To Impress Women (708 Views)

Scammer Apologizes To Man After He Shared His Scary Story With Him. Graphic PICS / Man Accused Of Murder In Okrika, Stripped Unclad, Given An Oath Publicly (Pics) / Cleaner Steals $2600 From His Boss & Was Caught. See How He Shared The Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Police Officer Sacked After He Shared Pictures Of Murder Scenes To Impress Women by jamesjudehj: 12:28am On Sep 09, 2016
A police officer dubbed 'Robocop' for sharing photos of a murder scene with his girlfriend and other women has been sacked for gross misconduct.

PC Jayson Lobo, 46, also sent numerous text messages describing the scene where Adam Wilson, 26, died after being stabbed to death in a frenzied knife attack.

The officer was dismissed from Lancashire Police earlier this week after a disciplinary hearing found him guilty of nine charges of sharing details of a crime scene.

PC Lobo was slammed by the father of Adam Wilson, who accused the officer of being 'Robocop' and of trying to impress women with his photos and texts.

Ray Wilson said: "My son was 26, he was lying on a settee bleeding to death while Lobo was taking pictures to impress people.

"It took 18 months for someone to come and see me and tell me the extent of what had gone on.

"They showed me a lot of A4 sheets with pictures on of the police cars and the police tape outside the house.

"He was making himself out to be Robocop.

"He said things like, 'This is what we have to do as a cop, it's not very nice'."

The 70-year-old grieving father added: "The thing that got me most was the text in which he named my son.

"They showed me three pages of text messages he had sent to women. I'm just gutted.

"How any human being could take pictures knowing a man was dead inside the house - well, l just can't go there, I'll cry."

However, Mr Lobo, from Blackburn, Lancashire, has remained defiant and confirmed he would be appealing the decision to sack him.

Lobo earlier competed in track events for England at the 1998 Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur and Great Britain at the 1999 World Championships in Seville.

After the hearing Lobo said he had done "what most police officers officers do on a daily basis when chatting to wives, girlfriends, partners or other very close personal friends."

He said the allegations only came to light when he broke up with his girlfriend.

Mr Lobo said: "These breaches involved me primarily chatting to my girlfriend and on two occasions other very close personal friends.

"These conversations took place on private messaging platforms and were never shared with any third parties.

"During the course of the nine conversations I spoke in general terms about what I was doing at work either after being asked by the other party or as part of a wider conversation.

"At no point during any of these discussions did I mention any person's name, identify any specific location attended or any information which I considered to be confidential and not already within the public domain at that time.

"In short, I did what most police officers officers do on a daily basis when chatting to their wives, girlfriends, partners or very close personal friends."

Speaking after the hearing, Mr Lobo has said he is appealing against his sacking and added that his request for a hearing from an independent Chief Constable was turned down.

It has also been revealed that, in 2007, Mr Lobo brought a claim against Lancashire Police for racial discrimination which was settled out of court.

The claim came after Lancashire Police spent £500,000 of taxpayers' money to find that Mr Lobo, who is mixed-race, mistakenly over-claimed £90 expenses.

He was suspended from Lancashire Constabulary for three years on full pay while an investigation into his petrol expenses was carried out.

He was eventually cleared of any criminal wrongdoing at court, but the police force continued a year-long internal misconduct inquiry before he was allowed to return to work.

A statement on Lancashire Police's website said: "The Chief Constable, Steve Finnigan, found each of the nine allegations against PC Lobo proven and in breach of the Standards of Professional Behaviour in the areas of Honesty and Integrity; Authority, Respect and Courtesy; Duties; Responsibilities; Confidentiality and Discreditable Conduct.

"The allegations related to PC Lobo sending electronic communications to third parties which contained details and images of police incidents and commentary on those incidents."

A spokesman added: "All interested parties were spoken to."

Lobo worked as a response officer in Preston and had also worked across Lancashire in Burnley, Colne and Haslingden.

Adam Wilson died of bleeding from a 'catastrophic stab wound' to his thigh after being repeatedly stabbed in Sept 2014 near Preston, Lancs.

Jason Taylor, 21, was later jailed for life after being convicted of his murder.

Read more.....http://www.aproko9ja.com/2016/09/08/police-officer-sacked-shared-pictures-murder-scenes-impress-women/

Re: Police Officer Sacked After He Shared Pictures Of Murder Scenes To Impress Women by tyson98: 5:33am On Sep 09, 2016
I been think say na naija police sef grin
Re: Police Officer Sacked After He Shared Pictures Of Murder Scenes To Impress Women by agwom(m): 6:03am On Sep 09, 2016
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Couple Bathed With Acid While Having Sex In Kano - PHOTO / Prophet Allegedly Arrested For Living Lavish With N17 Million Sent To Him / IGP Ibrahim Idris Celebrates His 58th Birthday At The Police Headquarters. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.