Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith (6768 Views)

Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2016
neocortex:

Please change your post;
you are the one who claimed that god exist, so prove it.
The one who make a claim has to prove his claim not the doubter.
its a personal thing to me
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:37am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
can you give me the scientific prove behind love...how does it come to existence pls....? I want evidence not natural slogan,
This is a writing platform, i can only explain the neurological attribute of affection and care we call "love" in a written form, if that's what you want to be taught then let me know.

I will be glad to explain the neurological chemistry of these basic intuitive projections of the Limbic system

mind you am have no interest in debating with you..
Frankly brother i'm not sure you can, lets just have a good objective friendly discussion with an open mind on the topic the OP presented.

am only trying to encourage someone that says she believe in God existance
That is good my good friend by all means do that but don't presume to down play others while at it simply because they don't share the same belief with you.

So far you still have not shown how a believer is better than a non believer which is exactly 2dugged points.

3 Likes

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by orisa37: 9:38am On Sep 09, 2016
The Atheist you marry will destroy your Faith but the one from another Faith, if he or she truly loves you, can be reconciled with your Faith. Nothing stops Mr. President bringing NgozI Eweala back to Finance and moving Kemi Adeosun to CBN. Simple Faith Reconciliation for the love of Nigeria.
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by malvisguy212: 9:38am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I am discouraged already, there is no greater disappointment than in the place where you are supposed to feel safe and free, how can i be vigilant of cassanovas even in.the house of God
scripture say judgment begin in the household of God. When peter say in 1peter 5:9 be sober be vigilant. He was telling the BELIEVERS to be vigilant, why ?
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by ireneony(f): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I would like to point out that this is my personal opinion, I know the bible admonishes us to not be equally yoked with unbelievers,but looking at the pros and cons, it will be more advantageous as a woman to marry an atheist than to marry from another faith considering that doctrines of religions are anti-women and tend to portray the woman as inferior
can you cope when he tells you not to go to church on Sunday?

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:42am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
like I have told you, am not here for debate... am only trying to encourage someone that says she believe in God's existence... if she can boldly claim she no longer believe in Gods existence believe me, u won't find my comment here... just like I don't condemn people that choose not to believe in God, I also deserve the right not to be condemn for believing in God... mind u am not a religious person

My brother i am not condemning you for your right to believe in God by all means do, in fact i will fight for you to uphold that right.

2dugged brought out a very delicate issue, you trying to encourage to maintain the faith by also marrying a man in the faith is very commendable.

where i came in is that i wanted you to state your reasons why a believer is better in a relationship than an unbeliever, something you have not done yet.
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:43am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:
This is a writing platform, i can only explain the neurological attribute of affect and care we call "love" in a written form, if that's what you want to be taught then let me know.

I will be glad to explain the neurological chemistry of these basic intuitive projections of the Limbic system

Frankly brother i'm not sure you can, lets just have a good objective friendly discussion with an open mind on the topic the OP presented.

That is good my good friend by all means do that but don't presume to down play others while at it simply because they don't share the same belief with you.

So far you still have not shown how a believer is better than a non believer which is exactly 2dugged points.
am just applying part of my beliefs..i am in no position to condemn anyone because of how the choose to live there life... that's one of the major difference between us.. debating is not my area of interest.. but kudos to you since it's your specialty... but seriously am the very wrong person for that..
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:43am On Sep 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
The devil don't bother his own, sometimes The devil allow you free from trouble so that you couldn't run to God for help. If a man claim to be a christian and did not live up to what he preach, whose fault is it ? If you pray and fast, but its seems like God is not answering, you are free to make a decision, accept or reject. God is NOT bound to answer your prayer, He chose when to answer and sometime the answer is "yes" or "no" and sometime it may be "wait" God decide and not you, if you think this kind of God is not worth worshipping, good luck.
I know the principles behind asking right and praying amiss Mr,and I have also seen Christian sisters who turned old in the church because they were waiting on the right man,mostly ladies in assemblies of God,Rccg, Lords choosen and some others too,so my own question is why are advanced spinsters common to some churches?, is it that the God of this churches choose not to answer because they are all praying amiss?, I created this thread because I have been.in deep thoughts for days about this issue, but a a fellow Christian who feels I am going the wrong path, it will be better to point me in the right direction than being sentimental about it
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:45am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

My brother i am not condemning you for your right to believe in God by all means do, in fact i will fight for you to uphold that right.

2dugged brought out a very delicate issue, you trying to encourage to maintain the faith by also marrying a man in the faith is very commendable.

where i came in is that i wanted you to state your reasons why a believer is better in a relationship than an unbeliever, something you have not done yet.

i personal think she needed the opinion not you.. so tell me y do u think its you I have to convinced?
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by malvisguy212: 9:45am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Timothy 2 :11 -15
" A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not
permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she
must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam
was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and
became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if
they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
so going by your own interpretation, a woman cannot pray or sing in church ?
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 09, 2016
ireneony:
can you couple when he tells you not to go to church on Sunday?
my dear, I will be honest, I can't but in all honesty, I haven't been to church in a long time, the rccg branch in my new area is just like a shadow of the redeem I know and the other churches I have been to seem more like pastorneurs

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
ayoku777:

Are you saying even you yourself are a hypocrite and not a true Christian?
nope, I am saying finding a true Christian outside church environment is a difficult task,people seem to put on their best behavior in church

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I would like to point out that this is my personal opinion, I know the bible admonishes us to not be equally yoked with unbelievers,but looking at the pros and cons, it will be more advantageous as a woman to marry an atheist than to marry from another faith considering that doctrines of religions are anti-women and tend to portray the woman as inferior
one of the place you got it all wrong is taking Christianity to be a congregesional tin... seriously the day you realise it should be a personal thing that day you will Start seeing the difference
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
ireneony:
can you couple when he tells you not to go to church on Sunday?

And how on earth do you know he'd do that, most atheist have no problem if their wives go to church.

Everyone has freedom of belief and religion - Nobody has a right to impose on others their belief or non belief.

I for one do go to church with a girl i like if she wants and i do enjoy some Catholic ceremonies while at it - its not that much of a big deal.

I don't believe it means i don't, whether i go to church or not doesn't really mean anything.

I know of many atheists who even go to church with their spouse, it is no big deal... Not believing in God doesn't mean you have an unnecessary animosity towards Religious gatherings.

More than 10% of religious leaders [Pastors, priests, cardinals and so] are in fact atheists.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
scripture say judgment begin in the household of God. When peter say in 1peter 5:9 be sober be vigilant. He was telling the BELIEVERS to be vigilant, why ?
not when everyone is now virtually a suspect
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
i personal think she needed the opinion not you.. so tell me y do u think its you I have to convinced?

You see this is not about me, this is a public forum and you gave out an opinion in a public platform of course people will come around challenge the accuracy of such assertions.

So there would stretch it and see if you can defend and add weight to the credibility of your remarks.

So what good is the opinion when it is so feeble that it fails to withstand just a tiny pinch of scrutiny?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
one of the place you got it all wrong is taking Christianity to be a congregesional tin... seriously the day you realise it should be a personal thing that day you will Start seeing the difference
salvation is personal, but considering that "two shall become one",I can't base it on just personal knowing that I will have to wake up with this person for the rest of.my life
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2016
OP...pls I want you to shed more light on how Christianity makes a woman inferior
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 10:00am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

You see this is not about me, this is a public forum and you gave out an opinion in a public platform of course people will come around challenge the accuracy of such assertions.

So there would stretch it and see if you can defend and add weight to the credibility of your remarks.

So what good is the opinion when it is so feeble that it fails to withstand just a tiny pinch of scrutiny?
brother no offense pls forgive me if am rude.. but will appreciate if you stop quoting me and focus on how to convince her with your points which is the main thing here.. thanks for your understanding
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 09, 2016
Well go ahead sister, it's your choice. Don't let anyone decide for you or discourage you. Btw, I think gender equality is now a raging debate......
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
OP...pls I want you to shed more light on how Christianity makes a woman inferior

The verse i provided should have been your number one reference - Timothy 2:11-15.

Why don't we ever get women Popes?

Christianity as an institution is very flexible and is open to modifications and change and that is why it has undergone many changes due to encroachment of secularism in the society but if we go by the Biblical fundamentals - its no better than Islam when it comes to women.
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by FunkyMetahuman: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2016
all religion oppresses women because most religions were created by drunk barbarians who thought women are inferior.

marrying an atheist doesn't guarantee happiness but at least he won't go about acting like you are his property.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 10:04am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
brother no offense pls forgive me if am rude.. but will appreciate if you stop quoting me and focus on how to convince her with your points which is the main thing here.. thanks for your understanding

Hahahahaha i was not trying to convince her, the reality is very glaring Believer or atheist, a relationship works due to the individuals not what they believe

I was only making you account for your assertions - oh well its been a blast.. have fun.
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by malvisguy212: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I know the principles behind asking right and praying amiss Mr,and I have also seen Christian sisters who turned old in the church because they were waiting on the right man,mostly ladies in assemblies of God,Rccg, Lords choosen and some others too,so me own question is why are advanced spinsters common to some churches?, is it that the God of this churches choose not to answer because they are all praying amiss?, I created this thread because I have been.in deep thoughts for days about this issue, but a a fellow Christian who feels I am going the wrong path, it will be better to point me in the right direction than being sentimental about it
concerning prayer. Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2318252/reason-why-prayer-not-being

Like I say, if you feel because God is not answering your prayer, any decision you make, know that you are not the first who abandon God, still their are many christian who hold on. Suffering is not something that will turn us from God, infact suffering help sharpen our faith , bible call it "a refining by fire"

The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of its time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still no closer to
attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . .bless those who curse you . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive .
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 10:08am On Sep 09, 2016
lordnicklaus:
Well go ahead sister, it's your choice. Don't let anyone decide for you or discourage you. Btw, I think gender equality is now a raging debate......

Exactly my brother - but it is still wrong for 2dugged to equate atheism with women equality though.

While most atheists are champions of women equality because most adopt a secular view of the world and ethics, i also think it is not just a religious issue but also a cultural thing so an atheist can still hold that "Masculine dominating" mindset.

As well as a religious person can also see women as equals - it's an intricate ground.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 09, 2016
malvisguy212:
concerning prayer. Read this thread https://www.nairaland.com/2318252/reason-why-prayer-not-being

Like I say, if you feel because God is not answering your prayer, any decision you make, know that you are not the first who abandon God, still their are many christian who hold on. Suffering is not something that will turn us from God, infact suffering help sharpen our faith , bible call it "a refining by fire"

The morality of Jesus was so far ahead of its time that 2,000 years after Jesus brought it to this planet, modern society is still no closer to
attaining it. 'Go the extra mile . . .bless those who curse you . . . It is more blessed to give than to receive .
Even though you didn't answer my question,but it seems you already concluded that marrying an atheist is turning one's back on God, are you then saying that marrying an unbeliever is an automatic ticket to hell?
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by ireneony(f): 10:12am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
my dear, I will be honest, I can't but in all honesty, I haven't been to church in a long time, the rccg branch in my new area is just like a shadow of the redeem I know and the other churches I have been to seem more like pastorneurs
the most important thing is if he's good man and he respect.
there are good and bad atheist.

Ur aim should be the good one not the bad

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Exactly my brother - but it is still wrong for 2dugged to equate atheism with women equality though.

While most atheists are champions of women equality because most adopt a secular view of the world and ethics, i also think it is not just a religious issue but also a cultural thing so an atheist can still hold that "Masculine dominating" mindset.

As well as a religious person can also see women as equals - it's an intricate ground.
you misunderstood me on that anti-women statement, I said religion, and besides I even forgot to add some traditions too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2016
ireneony:
the most important thing is if he's good man and he respect.
there are good and bad atheist.

Ur aim should be the good one not the bad
yea, so also, Christianity too because I have come to realize that Christianity doesnt make one faultless
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2016
OP... I still stand on my point... if you think believing in God( which I personally prefer to use than religion) is the issue here then u are soo wrong.. I thing I know for sure it's a personality thing.. you can find people that can make your life so unbearable yet they don't even believe in God...so it's unfortunate but to cut the story short I want to ask u do u believe in atheism?
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by ireneony(f): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
yea, so also, Christianity too because I have come to realize that Christianity doesnt make one faultless
that's true..being a christian does not make one automatically saint and well mannered cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
you misunderstood me on that anti-women statement, I said religion, and besides I even forgot to add some traditions too
Yes it is many times a cultural thing in fact i do think the religious position on women are always the effect of a cultural cause.

Example : the biblical view on women is as a result of the position of Women as given by then Jewish culture.

Humans should be respected but Beliefs and Cultures when they go contrary to your own ethical stand point i do not think cannot be excused from criticism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation About Being In A Plantain Farm / A State In Nigeria That Was Mentioned 30 Times In The Bible / My Trip To Malta And Another Reason To Be Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.