Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith (6738 Views)

Pope Francis - It's Better To Be Atheist Than To Be A Hypocritical Catholic / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 09, 2016
I would like to point out that this is my personal opinion, I know the bible admonishes us to not be equally yoked with unbelievers,but looking at the pros and cons, it will be more advantageous as a woman to marry an atheist than to marry from another faith considering that doctrines of religions are anti-women and tend to portray the woman as inferior

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by lordbish(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2016
hmmm I see
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 8:45am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I would like to point out that this is my personal opinion, I know the bible admonishes us to not be equally yoked with unbelievers,but looking at the pros and cons, it will be more advantageous as a woman to marry an atheist than to marry from another faith considering that doctrines of religions are anti-women and tend to portray the woman as inferior
sister am always here don't keep me waiting for to long.. lol
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
sister am always here don't keep me waiting for to long.. lol
I have actually thought of this very deeply, and as a Christian I have seen so called brothers in Christ who are far worse than an atheist and considering the fact that marrying a believer doesn't make your marriage immune to problems, I would rather marry a man who has a logical approach to life than cross over from one religion to another with the same anti-women doctrine

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Davash222(m): 8:52am On Sep 09, 2016
No problem

But please don't come and disturb us at SHILOH 2030grin

6 Likes

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I have actually thought of this very deeply, and as a Christian I have seen so called brothers in Christ who are far worse than an atheist and considering the fact that marrying a believer doesn't make your marriage immune to problems, I would rather marry a man who has a logical approach to life than cross over from one religion to another with the same anti-women doctrine
i get your point.. prayer is the key pray for God to give u his destined husband for you... perhaps you have meet him already or better still will soon meet him... but going for someone that don't believe in God's existence is not the best option to me..
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 8:58am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
i get your point.. prayer is the key pray for God to give u his destined husband for you... perhaps you have meet him already or better still will soon meet him... but going for someone that don't believe in God's existence is not the best option to me..

Tell me how? does non belief in the existence of a god make any man less likely to treat his woman right even if she is religious?

Does having a belief make you any better or will it make your marriage more likely to succeed?

Lets hear your reasons

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
to you,but how many Christians that married believer are problem free, if marrying a Christian brother will not guarantee a happy home, then why should I use it as a strict criteria?, I have seen terrible marriage between Christians and between non Christians too,so why then should I have to wait and fast and pray and make the church my second resident only to be faced with the same marital problems an unbeliever will face?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:03am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Tell me how? does non belief in the existence of a god make any man less likely to treat his woman right even if she is religious?

Does having a belief make you any better or will it make your marriage more likely to succeed?

Lets hear your reasons
a Muslim treats his wife in accordance with his teachings same with a Christian.. I mean the real ones not the fake ones, so tell me on what beliefs will someone that don't believe in Gods existence treat his wife?karma I guess

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
to you,but how many Christians that married believer are problem free, if marrying a Christian brother will not guarantee a happy home, then why should I use it as a strict criteria?, I have seen terrible marriage between Christians and between non Christians too,so why then should I have to wait and fast and pray and make the church my second resident only to be faced with the same marital problems and unbeliever will face?
i always say it... I believe in God's existence but the problem is the word religion... people have abused it... remember Christianity is not a religion to those that truly knows the meaning but a personal relationship with God... and hi show me a marriage between people that also don't believe in God that is perfect... don't get it twisted. it not because he or she is a Muslim or Christian.. it's simple a personality issues

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2016
Davash222:
No problem

But please don't come and disturb us at SHILOH 2030grin
that I am having marital problems or what?, look i am an rccg member and I have seen brothers behave worse than unbelievers, and marriages that have lasted long in other countries are not based on religious beliefs
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
that I am having marital problems or what?, look i am an rccg member and I have seen brothers behave worse than unbelievers, and marriages that have lasted long in other countries are not based on religious beliefs
i bet it deep down u won't like your children to grow up someday saying they don't believe in God... pls be honest with me.
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
i always say it... I believe in God's existence but the problem is the word religion... people have abused it... remember Christianity is not a religion to those that truly knows the meaning but a personal relationship with God... and hi show me a marriage between people that also don't believe in God that is perfect... don't get it twisted. it not because he or she is a Muslim or Christian.. it's simple a personality issues
personality issue you say but the word of God is supposed to renew our mind and fine tune our character in such a way that we are able to live a disciplined and principled life that just out life style will draw people to Christ, how will that happen if a man cannot even begin from his home?, most si Called Christians are only religious and not really Christians
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Davash222(m): 9:14am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:

Babe, are you saying if a guy from Anglican seeks for your hand in marriage, you will turn him down just because of Faith differences??
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
i bet it deep down u won't like your children to grow up someday saying they don't believe in God... pls be honest with me.
it's better they are atheist than to be religious fanatics and extremists

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
personality issue you say but the word of God is supposed to renew our mind and fine tune our character in such a way that we are able to live a disciplined and principled life that just out life style will draw people to Christ, how will that happen if a man cannot even begin from his home?, most si Called Christians are only religious and not really Christians
excellent...so all this qualities you quoted are you going to find them in some one that don't believe in God? like seriously.. sister let me tell u.. there are real Christians out there.. is up to you to be able to differentiate Christians and church goers... yes I have seen real Christians relationship stand the test of time and still waxing strong.. do not be discouraged
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 09, 2016
Davash222:

Babe, are you saying if a guy from Anglican seeks for your hand in marriage, you will turn him down just because of Faith differences??

when i said faith, I meant it on a broad scale, from a different religion
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
it's better they are atheist then to be religious fanatics and extremists
you are sounding like there are no real Christians again in this world... God you are losing it my lovely sister
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:18am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
a Muslim treats his wife in accordance with his teachings same with a Christian.. I mean the real ones not the fake ones,
You mean teachings like these

Surah 4:34
"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given
one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from
their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding
in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard.
But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise
them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally],
strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means
against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."

and this

Timothy 2 :11 -15
" A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not
permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she
must be quiet. For Adam was formed first, then Eve. And Adam
was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and
became a sinner. But women will be saved through childbearing—if
they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

These books are your models on how to treat women? then i'll say you have no idea how to treat women because the obvious misogyny emanating from these makes women no less than a property.

No wonder Pastor Chris likened husband and wife to Master and servant position...

Considering women inferior creatures is that good for the world?

so tell me on what beliefs will someone that don't believe in For existence treat his wife?

So you need to believe in a certain entity's existence before you can figure out you should

-Love
-Respect
-worship
-cherish

Your wife?

That is the saddest life on can think of, since you cannot figure out on your own from your independent reason how to treat others in a relationship but rely on old archaic outdated books written in an era that you are way ahead of both intellectually and technologywise.

This is 2016 not BC's brother.

You do not need a book to tell you how to treat your wife, if you cannot figure out how to treat a woman in your life on your own without a book written by men with numerous wives telling you - then i believe you need help.

If the books with the verses up there are your models for how to treat women then i am 100% sure you do not know how to treat women.

A relationship is a mutual ground that require mutual love and respect, compromises, trust, loyalty and reverence for each other

I don't need any God to tell me that because frankly the God(s) in those books up there got it all wrong.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

You mean teaches like these

and this

These books are your models on how to treat women? then i'll say you have no idea how to treat women because the obvious misogyny emanating from these makes women no less than a property.

No wonder Pastor Chris likened husband and wife to Master and servant position...

So you need to believe in a certain entity's existence before you can figure out you should

-Love
-Respect
-worship
-cherish

Your wife?

That is the saddest life on can think of, since you cannot figure out on your own from your independent reason how to treat others in a relationship but rely on old archaic outdated books written in an era that you are way ahead of but intellectually and technologywise.

You do not need a book to tell you how to treat your wife, if you cannot figure out how to treat a woman in your life on your own without a book written by men with numerous wives telling you - then i believe you need help.

If the books with the verses up there are your models for how to treat women then i am 100% sure you do not know how to treat women.

A relationship is a mutual ground that require mutual love and respect, compromises, trust, loyalty and reverence for each other

I don't need any God to tell me that because frankly the God(s) in those books up there got it all wrong.
your lack of belief in God will never allow u to understand believe me... u don't believe in God but you believe in love, respect etc.. wow what an irony

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
excellent...so all this qualities you quoted are you going to find them in some one that don't believe in God? like seriously.. sister let me tell u.. there are real Christians out there.. is up to you to be able to differentiate Christians and church goers... yes I have seen real Christians relationship stand the test of time and still waxing strong.. do not be discouraged
I am discouraged already, there is no greater disappointment than in the place where you are supposed to feel safe and free, how can i be vigilant of cassanovas even in.the house of God

3 Likes

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:23am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

You mean teaches like these

and this

-Love
-Respect
-worship
-cherish

Your wife?

That is the saddest life on can think of, since you cannot figure out on your own from your independent reason how to treat others in a relationship but rely on old archaic outdated books written in an era that you are way ahead of but intellectually and technologywise.

and who told you people of the era of BC don't believe in God... see I will join you the day scientist give me the profs that God truly don't exist... something they have failed to answer till this day
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
you are sounding like there are no real Christians again in this world... God you are losing it my lovely sister
if there are, I am sure having a difficult time finding one, we now have more of modern Christians

2 Likes

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
your lack of belief in God will never allow u to understand believe me... u don't believe in God but you believe in love, respect etc.. wow what an irony

LOL Love is a trait exhibited by most organisms with a basic limbic system, even a dog loves.

So there is no co-relationship between Love and belief in any deity and so goes for respect.

Remember this is a public forum and people are reading so i'll advice you think deeply about your assertions because ones like this one makes you look really naive to basic reality.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:27am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
I am discouraged already, there is no greater disappointment than in the place where you are supposed to feel safe and free, how can i be vigilant of cassanovas even in.the house of God
just wish I can have a personal chat with you.... it's a pity your faith has bin lost... make no mistake if you think there are greener pastures on the oda side u will be very disappointed when u get there
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by malvisguy212: 9:29am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
to you,but how many Christians that married believer are problem free, if marrying a Christian brother will not guarantee a happy home, then why should I use it as a strict criteria?, I have seen terrible marriage between Christians and between non Christians too,so why then should I have to wait and fast and pray and make the church my second resident only to be faced with the same marital problems and unbeliever will face?
The devil don't bother his own, sometimes The devil allow you free from trouble so that you couldn't run to God for help. If a man claim to be a christian and did not live up to what he preach, whose fault is it ? If you pray and fast, but its seems like God is not answering, you are free to make a decision, accept or reject. God is NOT bound to answer your prayer, He chose when to answer and sometime the answer is "yes" or "no" and sometime it may be "wait" God decide and not you, if you think this kind of God is not worth worshipping, good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:29am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

LOL Love is a trait exhibited by most organisms with a basic limbic system, even a dog loves.

So there is no co-relationship between Love and belief in any deity and so goes for respect.

Remember this is a public forum and people are reading so i'll advice you think deeply about your assertions because ones like this one makes you look really naive to basic reality.

can you give me the scientific prove behind love...how does it come to existence pls....? I want evidence not natural slogan
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

can you give me the scientific prove behind love...how does it come to existence pls....? I want evidence not natural slogan,mind you am have no interest in debating with you.. am only trying to encourage someone that says she believe in God existance
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by johnydon22(m): 9:31am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
and who told you people of the era of BC don't believe in God...

Jesus!!! where on earth did i say the BC era do not believe in God, brother please do not add "Impaired comprehension" to the list.

For all we know "God(s)" are products of the BC era, read my post again its obvious you don't understand it.

see I will join you the day scientist give me the profs that God truly don't exist... something they have failed to answer till this day

Nobody is trying to tell you to Join them, do not Digress from the topic at hand because i'm sure my discussion with you is based on how being a believer in a deity makes you any better than a non believer when it comes to a relationship.

Beside you are asking people to provide proof that negates your 'beliefs' that shows you on your part have no proof for them - doesn't this bother you?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by ayoku777(m): 9:34am On Sep 09, 2016
2dugged:
if there are, I am sure having a difficult time finding one, we now have more of modern Christians

Are you saying even you yourself are a hypocrite and not a true Christian?
Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by neocortex: 9:34am On Sep 09, 2016
dadabashua1:
and who told you people of the era of BC don't believe in God... see I will join you the day scientist give me the profs that God truly don't exist... something they have failed to answer till this day

Please change your post;
you are the one who claimed that god exist, so prove it.
The one who make a claim has to prove his claim not the doubter.

4 Likes

Re: I Would Rather Marry An Atheist Than A Man From Another Faith by dadabashua1(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2016
johnydon22:

Jesus!!! where on earth did i say the BC era do not believe in God, brother please do not add "Impaired comprehension" to the list.

For all we know "God(s)" are products of the BC era, read my post again its obvious you don't understand it.

Nobody is trying to tell you to Join them, do not Digress from the topic at hand because i'm sure my discussion with you is based on how being a believer in a deity makes you any better than a non believer when it comes to a relationship.

Beside you are asking people to provide proof that negates your 'beliefs' that shows you on your part have no proof for them - doesn't this bother you?
like I have told you, am not here for debate... am only trying to encourage someone that says she believe in God's existence... if she can boldly claim she no longer believe in Gods existence believe me, u won't find my comment here... just like I don't condemn people that choose not to believe in God, I also deserve the right not to be condemn for believing in God... mind u am not a religious person

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Spend Your Easter Holidays? / The Attack On God's Words (KJV) / Teleportation: Babalawo Orisha Disappeared & Vanished Live On Camera [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.