Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

6 Reasons Why Blogs Fail - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6 Reasons Why Blogs Fail (373 Views)

6 Reasons Your Website Is Not Generating Traffic And How To Fix Them / 6 Reasons To Focus On Content Marketing And Improve Your Google Ranking / 6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why Blogs Fail by RushO2(m): 9:46am On Sep 09, 2016
Why do some blogs thrive and others fail? What are the reasons why your blog is not thriving as you had imagined. Many bloggers start with big plans and high hopes, only to be crushed by the realities of blogging.

If you must excel in blogging, here are 6 causes of failure a midst bloggers you should avoid:

1. Lack of Passion

Lack of passion is one of the major reasons why most blogs fail today, many failed bloggers today didn’t have any passion for blogging, they just began blogging because they heard somewhere that blogging is easy money, who doesn’t like the sound of lie on your bed, push some buttons on your computer, bam, six figures. I understand that most bloggers today blog for the money, as a matter of fact, it is a good business. But if you blog for the money only, you will give up long before you have a chance to make any. Passion is a key element to successful blogging so you have to make sure you have passion for what you’re blogging about, a “not too crazy” niche though, i mean what others have interest in as well. If are blogging about what people don’t have much interest in, then there is no how you can get good audience to your blog. It is also very important to blog about your passion so that you will not abandon your blog. Focus your motivation on enjoying the process of blogging about a topic you care about and helping others who share your interest.

2. The Thought of Blogging as “Quick Money”

Many new bloggers start a blog thinking that with an hour or two days of work they can become more famous and even make several thousand a month or more. Part time blogging for full time income is the best but this is not an overnight income. If you think it will happen to you within a week, a month or even six months, you are going to be disappointed. It takes work, especially at the start, to build a successful blog, but the rewards make it worthwhile.

3. Ignoring SEO

If you plan on building a great empire, you will want to have a concrete knowledge of SEO, little drops makes an ocean. You hate Google, you hate Yahoo and you hate all those search engines, you just don’t like them, some bloggers even go to the extent of lifting and dropping other authority bloggers content. This is definitely a head dive into failure. Try to learn SEO and use it to your benefit, you will love yourself for it. Another great secret is that search engine traffic is one of the best type of traffic you can ever have because those who come through search engines are very desperate for information and are ready to stay if you give them what they want.

4. Starting more than one blog project at a time

This is mostly common with Nigerian bloggers. You will find a Nigerian blogger, owning up to two or three blogs at a time. This will divide your attention and reduce your success rate by almost 60%. Do not start more than one blog at a time if you can avoid it. Focus is key. You only have so much time and resources to go around, so do not divide it across multiple projects. You can move on to new projects only when your current blog is up and running without requiring much maintenance.

5. Lack of Personality

You should not fail to realize the importance of personality in your blog; try to be as personal as possible. Create a friendly community on your blog. Use your real name, add a picture of yourself, don’t use another persons writing style. Be yourself and yourself only. It is also very important to have an about page which will tell your readers more about you. “You cannot be me and I cannot be you, Try to be yourself.”

6. Information Overload

Most bloggers consume so much information that they become paralyzed and end up creating nothing, or apply things so haphazardly that the results they get are equally random. This fuels their dissatisfaction and sense of hopelessness.

You very likely experience information overload every day. There is a never ending supply of information coming from millions of blogs, social media, video sites and other media pumping out content around the clock.

It is difficult to know who to trust or what to do, but there is a simple situation.

You must screen out excess information that is not related to your

Current goal and directly tie consumption of information to performance.

Avoid consumption of content that is for establishment or only generically helpful.

Study specific solutions for your specific problems and immediately create output based on what you learn…

Determine your vision, sort out the steps necessary to get you there, focus your energy on the immediate next step.

You now see why so many bloggers fail, learn from the above points and try to avoid them as much as possible and I bet you will be successful in “no time”

I hope this post has been helpful to you. I wish you luck as you start your blogging career today.

Source: https://entrepreneursxpress./2016/09/09/6-reasons-why-blogs-fail/
Re: 6 Reasons Why Blogs Fail by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 09, 2016
Re: 6 Reasons Why Blogs Fail by techinfong: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
Chai i still no go make FP Tommorow again cheesy .

Checkout my blog though, http://www.techinfo.com.ng
Re: 6 Reasons Why Blogs Fail by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 09, 2016
Fantastic well said at op unfortunately many wont heed your advice but its true

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Remove Read More And Excerpt In Homepage Wp / Abeg Who Fit Help Me Design One Simple Logo? I'm Out Of Cash / Website Partnership - Investor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.