Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,043 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:42 AM

My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od (703 Views)

Let Us Be Patient With Buhari, Oshiomhole Tells Nigerians. / You Cannot Use My Stadium For Your Flag Off – Oshiomhole Tells PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by Pontaboki: 11:17am On Sep 09, 2016
There was a mild drama at the government house yesterday between the governor, Adams Oshiomhole, and the deputy governor, Dr. Pius Odubu.

The Deputy Governor lambasted the governor for lobbying the federal government to shift the date of the election to coincide with the period when Edo people would be coronating a new Oba.

A government house source told Urhokpota Reporters that the outburst of the deputy governor, who is an avowed defender of the Benin culture, created a scene at the government house that could have led to a physical fight but for the intervention of the security agencies.

Our source quoted Odubu as saying;

“I am warning you (to Oshiomhole) not to cause more trouble for this party as you’ve done already”.

This statement is an indication that Odubu was still furious about the role played by the governor in the party’s primary that saw to his humiliation.

In swift responce, the governor was said to have directed his security men to take Odubu away from him as his sight  was irritating.

Oshiomhole, who our source said was visibly angry, blamed the likes  of the deputy governor for the set back the party is facing currently.

The event took a different twist when the governor’s security men attempted to carry out the order and were vehemently resisted by the APC state caucus leaders who accompanied Dr. Odubu to meet with the governor.

Chief Osaro Idah, the Edo State APC Secretary and former head of Bendel Brewery who ran the company aground, supported the deputy governor saying that Oshiomhole should have consulted with the party leaders before employing the help of his northern state governors to perfect the unpopular shift in date.

Idah said the action of the governor will create problem for the party with the Benin people because the new date will clash with the coronation programme of the Oba.

Responding, a visibly angry Oshiomhole, warned all those who are mixing tradition with politics to choose between the two, as he (Oshiomhole) is in the moment concerned about how to deliver his candidate (Obaseki) who is at the moment now facing serious challenge. He said that was more imoorts

with all the opinion polls showing a ugly direction about him.

Ugiagbe Josh Eseiwi write from Benin.

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/my-concern-is-how-to-win-this-election-not-your-tradition-oshiomhole-tells-odubu-idah-and-others/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by MrJah(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2016
Osho na thief. Their eyes go open soon shaa
Re: My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by MrJah(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2016
Osho na thief. Their eyes go open soon
Re: My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by greatgod2012(f): 11:24am On Sep 09, 2016
Now, pray, tell me if Oshiomhole isn't hiding something with this level of desperation he's taking this coming election.

Hehehe, wind don dey blow small small and fowl yansh go soon show!

I no fit laugh.

Oshiomhole makes his desperation too obvious.

3 Likes

Re: My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by Paperwhite(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2016
"Oshiomhole, who our source said was visibly angry, blamed the likes  of the deputy governor for the set back the party is facing currently." APC's leaders;very irresponsible set of people It's now the Deputy Governor that was schemed out from fronting the party's flag that is now to be blamed for all the impending calamity already befalling the party.Meanwhile madridguy in another thread earlier have seen the truth from afar so he has spelled a woeful outcome for Oshiobaba,his stooge candidate & the APC.
Re: My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by todayboy: 11:33am On Sep 09, 2016
Oshiomole is a clown APC must go
Re: My Concern Is How To Win This Election, Not Your Tradition – Oshiomhole Tells Od by Paperwhite(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2016
"In swift responce, the governor was said to have directed his security men to take Odubu away from him as his sight  was irritating.

Oshiomhole, who our source said was visibly angry, blamed the likes  of the deputy governor for the set back the party is facing currently.

The event took a different twist when the governor’s security men attempted to carry out the order and were vehemently resisted by the APC state caucus leaders who accompanied Dr. Odubu to meet with the governor.

Chief Osaro Idah, the Edo State APC Secretary and former head of Bendel Brewery who ran the company aground, supported the deputy governor saying that Oshiomhole should have consulted with the party leaders before employing the help of his northern state governors to perfect the unpopular shift in date.

Idah said the action of the governor will create problem for the party with the Benin people because the new date will clash with the coronation programme of the Oba.

Responding, a visibly angry Oshiomhole, warned all those who are mixing tradition with politics to choose between the two, as he (Oshiomhole) is in the moment concerned about how to deliver his candidate (Obaseki) "who is at the moment now facing serious challenge. He said that was more important

with all the opinion polls showing a ugly direction about him."

Ugiagbe Josh Eseiwi write from Benin.

http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/my-concern-is-how-to-win-this-election-not-your-tradition-oshiomhole-tells-odubu-idah-and-others"Now deeply analyze this statement people.What think ya?

(1) (Reply)

Flood All Over Ondo State Why? / Is Buhari Being Truthful On Issues Of Biafra? ~ Francis Uz. / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Meets Bill Clinton(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.