Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown (19154 Views)

Christian Association Of Nigeria Begs FG To Take Over LAUTECH (PHOTO) / JAMB To Move UTME To Ilorin Over LAUTECH Students’ Protest / Oyo Assembly Moves To Take Over LAUTECH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by ibroh22(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by DerKlassiker: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
This is selfishness greediness and self centeredness. Are the students from Osun on free education in lautech? They should be sent packing because the governor of their state failed to live up to expectations? This is the same set of people that will cry foul play, racism if this kind of rule is made against Nigerians overseas.

5 Likes

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Nobody: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
Endtime school

1 Like

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Sylvarresta(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2016
House don tire me, make Aregbe leave the school for Oyo state jawe..... I don't support sending away of Osun state indigenes it's not their fault.....
#REOPENLAUTECH

2 Likes

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Firefire(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
Eneze1:

The same Ajimobi that is owing state workers salaries should take over LAUTECH completely? He can't and that is the truth, it's better the school is handed over to the Federal Government (story for another day) in order to solve this lingering crises.

In as much as the two state goverment are lepers, one is better than other.

Oyo state to my knowledge made some contributions, while Osun/Aregbesola CANNOT!

Well, maybe FG should just take over as you said.
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by TyrantInAsoRock: 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
dahaz:
pls someone should educate me. who owns lautech?

How comes osun state is involve as the school is located in oyo state.

When lautech was created every area now called Osun belong to the old oyo state

Later on Osun state was extracted out of oyo state

That's why the school is jointly owned
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by dahaz(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
TyrantInAsoRock:

When lautech was created every area now called Osun belong to the old oyo state

Later on Osun state was extracted out of oyo state

That's why the school is jointly owned
Nice one...Thanks for the info
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Uyi168: 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
I an not 'understanding'.. is the school both owned by osun and oyo state govt?
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by ULSHERLAN(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Chrysz:
I can feel ur pain Lautech students. 4yrs wil turn 6yrs all bcus of strikes. So pathetic

It's actually a uni of technology with all courses with a minimum of 5years duration.
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Firefire(m): 7:47pm On Sep 09, 2016
Tinubu, please come and bailout LAUTECH.

Or rather purchase it completely.

1 Like

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Gracito(f): 7:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
We are all Nigerians
goldenceo1:

Y cry for d 97%? Frm Oau, Unilag to Lautech n yet dey tink dey are flourishing more than d 5% who voted against their saviour.
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by onatisi(m): 7:59pm On Sep 09, 2016
KellyFORMAT:
I suggest dey sell the varsity to a private organisatn, there is no difference between the two states, both no fit pay workers na dem wan pay lecturers. 9ja varsities and strike u know d pics.
Not even outright sales per se ,but a management agreement and the organization should offset all debts ,then an agreement is reached on the number of years the contract will last and the protection of students interests.

1 Like

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Chrysz(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2016
ULSHERLAN:

It's actually a uni of technology with all courses with a minimum of 5years duration.
U ar very ryt bt d fact ix sti dat, if u go dia for 5yrs course just no dat u might end up spending 6yrs or more. I no wat am saying joor
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
chicagoPD:
You never sabi anything grin OAU don infect una LAUTECH grin
I NO TELL UNA WEN UR BABES DEY DO OAU GUYS?? tongue
wetin OAU guys get wey go make lautech babes do them. All those mummy's boy. Lol. In lauetch, guys spend their money not fathers' money.

2 Likes

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by chicagoPD(m): 8:16pm On Sep 09, 2016
wizzakosh:
wetin OAU guys get wey go make lautech babes do them. All those mummy's boy. Lol. In lauetch, guys spend their money not fathers' money.

No be dem they give the extra coaching classes when ur guys dey spend a their father's money. And wetin go follow after free classes grin
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2016
how does this concern the problem on ground pls angry

1 Like

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Sirwallace(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
dahaz:
pls someone should educate me. who owns lautech?

How comes osun state is involve as the school is located in oyo state.

The school belongs to the defunct Oyo sate which comprised of the old Oyo empire including the present osun state. The main campus is situated in the current oyo state in ogbomoso while the college of health science and medical science is situated in osun. Upon osun state separation from the old Oyo state, the two governors of the states are the visitors to the school and they carry out executive functions on the school.

Prior to now, there have been series of fight between the indigenes of the two states on the rightful ownership of the institution with both parties claiming the rightful owner.
the incessant strike and shutdown of the school is as a result of the Negligence of the osun state governor who refused to pay his quarters to the school for the past 14month thereabout. The oyo state governor who has been paying the salaries suddenly stopped paying his own quarters for the past 7month for reasons best known to him.
The everly hardworking VC has been paying the staffs salaries for the past one year with the student tuitions fees and the school IGR. I think it gets to the threshold where the VC couldn't cater for the expenses of the school and that led to the current brouhaha.

4 Likes

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by dahaz(m): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
Sirwallace:

The school belongs to the defunct Oyo sate which comprised of the old Oyo empire including the present osun state. The main campus is situated in the current oyo state in ogbomoso while the college of health science and medical science is situated in osun. Upon osun state separation from the old Oyo state, the two governors of the states are the visitors to the school and they carry out executive functions on the school.

Prior to now, there have been series of fight between the indigenes of the two states on the rightful ownership of the institution with both parties claiming the rightful owner.
the incessant strike and shutdown of the school is as a result of the Negligence of the osun state governor who refused to pay his quarters to the school for the past 14month thereabout. The oyo state governor who has been paying the salaries suddenly stopped paying his own quarters for the past 7month for reasons best known to him.
The everly hardworking VC has been paying the staffs salaries for the past one year with the student tuitions fees and the school IGR. I think it gets to the threshold where the VC couldn't cater for the expenses of the school and that led to the current brouhaha.
thanks for the education. i appreciate
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Sirwallace(m): 8:32pm On Sep 09, 2016
This is the dealio about this yeye school. For the record, I am one of her student.How comes osun state is involve as the school is located in oyo state.[/quote]

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Sirwallace(m): 8:33pm On Sep 09, 2016
dahaz:

thanks for the education. i appreciate

U welcome
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by khristal87(m): 8:39pm On Sep 09, 2016
Jst dis mrning one LAUTECh said a 2:2 student frm LAUTECh ll make ist class in unilorin........ Mayb ist class in internet scamning
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by sergiolefty(m): 8:48pm On Sep 09, 2016
Wahs d difference between oyo and osun state.....make f.g con takeover biko.....at first, I tot its cos d two state governors re frm diff party Buh d ish con worst now dah dey re of d same party......
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by daryoor03(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
Osun State has not manage itself well. Not to talk about joint owned versity. SMH
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Lagazine(m): 8:52pm On Sep 09, 2016
prof1990:
It's very sad. We resumed since February for 1st semester and till now we haven't written exams thanks to osun state government. They just want to slow down their destiny not mine. Person no fit graduate this year again. And jobs go still they find 24 year old with 5 years experience angry

I like your message but I will advice u not to support the bad omen. If Oyo state should try to take over Lautech, d school will suffer more than what they are facing. Presently, LAUTECH is owned and finance by 2 states yet they are on strike for non payment of salary, what if its one state, what will happened ? *I am an Alumni of Lautech, a popular Unionist during my days in school* I will tell u that dis protest is political. They planned something like this some years back n they fail.. I could recollect, all they are saying then was 'Agboola must go, ABC must die'. Agboola is their Registrar while ABC Olagunju is now the Chief Bursar of the school, both from Osun state. All they are doing is to steal the rights of co-ownership of the institution.

Please, in ur own interest, don't allow them to use u for the actualization of a planned coupé. During my time, d longest strike we experienced was General ASUU strike around 2009 which lasted for close to 6 months.. If u are not sure, check my profile at Lautech S.U.G. i remain my humble self, Hon. Justice Olagunju Adeola (a.k.a. Lagazine).

3 Likes

Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by samlegendsam: 9:10pm On Sep 09, 2016
[When Lautech was founded,there wasn't osun state then,So it was agreed to be jointly owned when osun state was carved out of old oyo state.quote author=dahaz post=49218004]pls someone should educate me. who owns lautech?

How comes osun state is involve as the school is located in oyo state.[/quote]
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Walelavender(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
So disheartening a news from my alma mater. The school has been sustaining itself with her IGR for several months now. It's no longer at ease. Ajimobi and Aregbe need to do more.
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by yinkarh187(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
Lordseyad:
kiss Unilorin students be like kiss
unilorin students be lyk "what's the meaning of strike?" #ProudlyUnilorite
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 09, 2016
Firefire:
Lalasticlala, please push this to front page.

LAUTECH students have been at home now, 3 Months + 5 Days.

This is not acceptable. angry

It's high time Osun State is kicked out of the arrangement, as it is evidence, Aregbesola is ridden in debt and cannot make any contributory payment to the lecturer's salaries.

OYO State Government, please take over LAUTECH and safe the future of the students.

**Btw: asking Osun indigenes to leave the school is out of place. (That is not the solution).

Aregbesola at the moment is handicap.
...and all the other suggestions are equally stooopid...
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by littlemistress: 9:42pm On Sep 09, 2016
DTOBS:
This is where we get it all wrong as Nigerians.
Lauthec is an institution jointly owned by 2 states, if a state fails in his own capacity to discharge its duty, is it the students/workers from that state that has the blame?
Simple and logical, channel your grievances to the ogbeni himself and free the students and workers from osun state from the stress.
We need to move up in reasoning!!!
It baffles me how educated people can ask students of Osun indegene to leave the school. Will their leaving pay their salary arrears? As if Oyo state is better off. undecided
This as been the custom., the governors will soon bribe labour leaders & they'll ask the lecturers to return to school on empty promises. na today?? undecided
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
Lagazine:

I like your message but I will advice u not to support the bad omen. If Oyo state should try to take over Lautech, d school will suffer more than what they are facing. Presently, LAUTECH is owned and finance by 2 states yet they are on strike for non payment of salary, what if its one state, what will happened ? *I am an Alumni of Lautech, a popular Unionist during my days in school* I will tell u that dis protest is political. They planned something like this some years back n they fail.. I could recollect, all they are saying then was 'Agboola must go, ABC must die'. Agboola is their Registrar while ABC Olagunju is now the Chief Bursar of the school, both from Osun state. All they are doing is to steal the rights of co-ownership of the institution.

Please, in ur own interest, don't allow them to use u for the actualization of a planned coupé. During my time, d longest strike we experienced was General ASUU strike around 2009 which lasted for close to 6 months.. If u are not sure, check my profile at Lautech S.U.G. i remain my humble self, Hon. Justice Olagunju Adeola (a.k.a. Lagazine).

bro am no unionist nor do i care about the politics. i was also in 300 lvl when the 6 months ASUU strike happened so i know the feeling. we resumed since February and till now we are yet to finish 1st semester that is just bad ant to make matters worse ASUU is threatening to go on strike soon too.
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by popizaino(m): 10:04pm On Sep 09, 2016
this mumu school wan delay my transcript bah with his useless strike. #reopenlautech
Re: Parents Protest Over LAUTECH Shutdown by YOUNGESTPABLO(m): 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
omo lautech is another school in another state another local government another town they should give it to the federal government yah and rename it I would like that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Releases Results Of Candidates Of Indebted States!! / Ngige: Suspension Of Strike ‘depends On ASUU / What Do The Names Of Nigerian States and Cities Mean?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.