Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. (35489 Views)

Detail Business Plan And Proposal For Cassava Farming, From Cultivation To...... / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by obstead200(m): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2016
ibroh22:
OK o,but can't it grow in the yeast,,ipod land?
trust me, it can grow in igbo land.
U need to realise that there are lots of similarities in the land composition of SS SW and SE. We have roughly similar amounts of rainfall and all that
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by AnanseK(m): 9:56am On Sep 11, 2016
The western carrot is a little pale ( not much carotene in it?) but it's okay , we're getting there.
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by buffalowings: 10:33am On Sep 11, 2016
anienge001:

Nigerians hardly experiment on ideas. We want ready made info. As soon as someone testify of making money from it (any venture), you see everyone rushing in.

We are wired to be copy cats not thinkers. The earlier we change, the better.

Well China started by being copy cats see where they are now

1 Like

Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by yousee(m): 7:16pm On Sep 11, 2016
ajealadick:

Am Very interested in this your model of hydroponics

I follow them on fb
http://bicfarmsconcepts.com/
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by yousee(m): 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2016
GreatManBee:

Really nice. Is that your farm?

No, its not mine. But from a page i follow on facebook

http://bicfarmsconcepts.com/
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by anienge001: 6:50am On Sep 12, 2016
buffalowings:

Well China started by being copy cats see where they are now

I hope you read this post I quoted.
I wish we can copy the way China did. The kind of copy China did is what Aba boys are doing with shoes, and textiles. That is different from what I referred to.
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ogbongenet: 2:34am On Sep 13, 2016
I thank you all for your comments and encouragement.we are getting there gradually.
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ogbongenet: 11:06am On Oct 06, 2016
for F1 carrot seed Pls call 08060115253
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ogbongenet: 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
for your high breed carrot seed call 08060115253
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ogbongenet: 7:06am On Apr 28, 2017
Carrot seed call 08060115253
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by FMCASH(m): 1:42am On May 02, 2017
How much
ogbongenet:
Carrot seed call 08060115253
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by streamsy(f): 12:01am On May 10, 2017
4 Nights 5 days intensive Agro Business Training at Songhai Farm

A perfect place for farm life, adventure, nature, leisure and fun!

Experience first-hand training, production, research and development of Sustainable agriculture which has an integrated farming system in operation and thus an all-round practical knowledge of agriculture, be it aquaculture, poultry, feed mill production, renewable energy, crop production and irrigation, agro-processing and farm structures.
The courses includes

FOOD PROCESSING
• Pastry (cookies, etc)
• Production of juice, syrup and jam
• Production of Soya milk and yoghurt

HANDICRAFT
• Drying (Garri, Fruits, Vegetables)
• Production cooking oil (Palm Oil, soybean oil, veg oil, etc)
• Soap (Toilet, Laundry, Medicated Ointment)
• Parboiled Rice & Production Of Soybean Oil.

RENEWABLE ENERGIES
• Biogas
• Solar
• Gasifier
• Biofuel ( Jastropha Oil)
• Recycling Of Plastic

CROP PRODUCTION
• Mushroom Farming
• Masters and Techniques Of Organic Agriculture
• Water Management, Irrigation
• Different Tillage and Planting Activities
• Techniques of Mulching
• Methods of Biological Control against Predators

ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
• Maggot Breeding
• Poultry
• Mammals (Grasscutter, Rabbit, Etc)

ANIMAL NUTRITION
Feed formulation etc

Marvel at the entire process of Songhai farm and pick what suits you out of the value chain.
Have a delightful experience with various team building activities organized for your relaxation on the farm.

Meet other exporters of agro products, as well as Agro Business men and women with like minds

Be part of the bonfire night surround with music and tales, you get to share your story too while you listen to others stories.
The Payment Covers Every Thing Which Includes;
• Lab kit which they will wear for practical in the lab
• Accommodation for four days
• Feeding 3 square meal for four days
• Transport
• The hotel we are using has Wi-Fi and well air conditioned
• T-shirts and other manuals

Requirement
• Must have passion for agriculture both farming and processing.
• Come to the office with international passport, 2 passport photograph OR scan them to the provided email address
• A proof of payment.

Call 07089164143, 08032501822 for enquiries and bookings
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ogbongenet: 10:16am On Jul 27, 2017
Good morning
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 27, 2017
Are you still growing carrots?

ogbongenet:
Good morning
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by Johnboom: 7:58pm On Jan 22, 2018
pls what part of carrot did you plant
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ogbongenet: 9:36pm On Jan 22, 2018
The seeds
Johnboom:
pls what part of carrot did you plant
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by ANOCETS: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2020
ogbongenet:
Good morning
Can you put me through
Re: Carrot Farming.. From The South West.. by AloyalNigerian(m): 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2020
yousee:
Anything can be grown anywhere. Esp vegetables.
Greenhouse is the way to go.
Hydroponics is really catching up in the SW

Wow. Please, where is this hydroponic located?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Pig Farmers Host Free Pork Tasting Party / The Next Gold Mine In Nigeria / Construction Of Rice Polishing Factory In Kebbi State Kicks Off (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.