Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,960 members, 7,952,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:07 AM

Computer Shuts Down Abnormally - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Shuts Down Abnormally (1105 Views)

Weird: My Hp Core i-3 Laptop Shuts Down Exactly After 30 Minutes On Display! / How To Repair A Laptop That Turns Off Or Shuts Down Randomly / My Computer Freezes Abnormally (what Can I Do) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by Planner(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2006
Please,

I manage a cafe. Recently the computer where i installed cyber timer just shits down suddenly, as if somebody yanked out the power cable. It has been happening. I am suspecting motherboard problem or what do you guys think? It does not give any message whatsoever.
Re: Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by zPixel(m): 1:30pm On Dec 20, 2006
Check if the processor's fan is working and the system fan.
Re: Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by Alexos(m): 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2006
Series of things might cause an abnormal shut down of a system. But according to you, you said it started after finishing installing a software. That might be as a result of a hardware conflict. i.e. the one of ur system component is not compatible with the software u installed.

Try to uninstall the software and see if the problem will persist. If it doesnt, then u'll know its a hardware conflict.

It might also be as a result of virus attack.

Also try to dust your system clean.
Re: Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by Planner(m): 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2006
I actually installed the software about 2 months ago , but this problem started a week ago, when i tried to open a document in a memory stick. I have a fully loaded anti-virus. But i have not checked whether the fan is dusty or something.
Re: Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by zPixel(m): 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2006
I had the same problem before, but when i checked inside of the system, i noticed both fans were running slowly, because of accumulated dust which resulted in high system temperature causing the system to go off. After getting rid of the dust, the problem stopped. If that doesn't stop the problem you might have to check for bad R.A.M
Re: Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by demsi: 12:25am On Jan 10, 2007
ONE OR THE CAUSES OF SUDDEN BREAKDOWN OF PCS IS PROCESSOR FAN FAILURE. SO OPEN AND REPLACE UR PROCESSOR FAN. THANK YOU
I JUST REPLACED MINE YESTERDAY AND IT IS WORKING PERFECTLY WELL.
Re: Computer Shuts Down Abnormally by nazzyon(m): 12:58am On Jan 10, 2007
Press Cntl + Alt + Del

Click Processes

Click on Mem Usage

If you are using Download Accelerator - DAP It delivers popup/popunder ads, and tracks your internet usage. You can find safer alternatives here: http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads.php?cat=dlman#dlman
I suggest you remove it. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and remove it.

The fix the following:

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune from here http://www.atribune.org/content/view/25/1/ and save it to your Desktop.
Read the instructions about the cookies. Delete what you do not need.
Double click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Check the boxes to the left of:

Windows Temp
Current User Temp
All Users Temp
Temporary Internet Files
*Prefetch (Windows XP) only.
Java Cache

The rest are optional - if you want to remove the lot, check "Select All".
Finally click Empty Selected. When you get the "Done Cleaning" message, click OK.

If you use the Firefox or Opera browsers, you can use this program as a quick way to tidy those up as well.

When you have finished, click on the Exit button in the Main menu.

For Technical Support, double-click the e-mail address located at the bottom of each menu.

* The purpose of Prefetch folder is to increase the speed at which you can access the programs that you use on your PC. Unfortunately, Windows doesn't differentiate between a program you use every day and one you use every blue moon, which means that it may be prefetching a lot of stuff that you rarely use, adding to your startup time.
You may find that the first time you boot up after cleaning out this folder, your PC takes longer to get into gear - the second, and subsequent, boots should be quicker.

NOTE: this is a 30-day trial of the program. This means that after 30 days the "background guard" protection will de-activate. However, this version can continue to be updated and used as an on-demand scanner forever.

I hope this works for you.

(1) (Reply)

Sharing Printer On A Lan / Vista Antivirus 2008! Is A Virus / Computer Suppliers Your Quotation Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.