Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,778 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 (70441 Views)

Top 10 Well Paid Jobs In Nigeria - Must Read / General Electric Graduate Recruitment In Nigeria 2016 / Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Branzy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Politics. politics pastors
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Noblecx: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
I agree
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
grin
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by HAH: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
Is hacking a job.? I thought is something like stealing

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by pendusky(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
noted
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by DozieInc(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Rayman5(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
Op u 4got 2 add Yahoo+ & politics

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Gozzzy(m): 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
1KINGKYLE:
so the medical doctor of same standard doesn't earn much.please tell me what I don't know.
my brother we are NOT even in the first 20, as far as Nigerian government is concerned!!! unless u ar running ur own clinic and not taking chances in nackin charges on patients' pockets o! Na only name, we Doctors have in terms of salaries o.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by idu1(m): 3:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
How much is hacker's salary?
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by BABANGBALI: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
abuayman:
Politics sure pass. Try am see
and church business. Money and free toto 24/7 all through the years

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by idu1(m): 3:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
Gozzzy:

my brother we are NOT even in the first 20, as far as Nigerian government is concerned!!! unless u ar running ur own clinic and not taking chances in nackin charges on patients' pockets o! Na only name, we Doctors have in terms of salaries o.
where do u practice?

If you can surgeries like caserean section, appendicectomy will make alot of money lagos...

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by idu1(m): 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
Gozzzy:

where do u practice?

If you can do surgeries like caserean section, appendicectomy you will make alot of money lagos...

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by delayoyo: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
abula112:

all under petroleum engineering

How can you classify chemical engineering under petroleum engineering? Do you have an idea what a chemical engineer is capable of doing? He's miles ahead of a petroleum engineer.
Who designs, fabricates and installs a petrochemical plant, a fertilizer plant and even a refinery? Can any factory of any sort take place without a chemical engineer? can a petroleum engineer handle reaction and process systems in a plant. Even the components of a drilling mud/fluid used by a petroleum engineer to drill for oil has the indispensable touch of a chemical engineer.
My friend, please get your facts right before talking so that the purpose of your post can be achieved which is to enlighten.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by kulrunsman79(m): 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is very much technically flawed.
Where is political positions like Senator/ House of rep, ministers etc. You need to research on how much an average SENATOR earns a month.

I bet if you know, hmmmmm even footballers will envy them
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by kulrunsman79(m): 3:32pm On Sep 11, 2016
This is very much technically flawed.
Where is political positions like Senator/ House of rep, ministers etc. You need to research on how much an average SENATOR earns a month.

I bet if you know, hmmmmm even footballers will envy them. This post need modified!
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:

Yes programmers earn more than Doctors.
grin grin falls from bamboo tree!!
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by AntiWailer: 3:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
crotonite:
grin grin falls from bamboo tree!!

u better stand up.

Ask around.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
AntiWailer:

u better stand up.

Ask around.
I'M just joking...bill, mark, google_owner, etc are all billionaires and they are programmers.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by omozu1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
please where can i be train as a Hackers and Programmers:
i have heard about NNIT are they good enough?
i mean can i get all the train i need there.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by omozu1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
please where can i be train as a Hackers and Programmers:
i have heard about NNIT are they good enough?
i mean can i get all the training i need there.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by engrshakespeare: 3:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
where does Chinese translators fit in, when shall we stop being under rated.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
1KINGKYLE:
so the medical doctor of same standard doesn't earn much.please tell me what I don't know.

Medical professional is not a high paying profession in Nigeria.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by masterP042(m): 4:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
With the way naira is on a free fall. U for add bureau de change for there
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by pressplay411(m): 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
abula112:
The battle for the spots on the highest paying jobs in Nigeria is a very tough one. There are quite a number of lucrative jobs paying good salaries or other remunerations. But with proven research by various job and career portals and information from industry watchers and insiders, the information below shows 5 of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria and how much they pay on the average, although not in any particular order.

If you are a young person and quickly want to build a strong financial base going through the job route, you might need to consider a career in any of these 5 jobs that pay very good salaries.

Here are 5 of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria:

IT/Telecom Engineers
This is probably the most lucrative job in today’s world, not because it necessarily pays the highest remuneration, but because there is nothing you do today that does not have the IT side. Hence, those who have developed themselves appropriately in whatever capacity will always be in high demand and command high pay. In an organization, software and hardware administration falls within the purview of these professionals and they sometimes also train other staff members. As the industry grows stronger, there will be more demand for professionals in this highly skilled sector. Did I hear you ask, how much they earn? They earn between N3.5m – N7million annually. I guess someone needs to reboot his/her mind or probably load fresh software.

Which one catches your fancy and you would like to be a player in if you are not already doing so? Go ahead and be the best that you can and as the saying goes, “The Sky will be your starting point.”

Aerospace Engineering:
There is hardly any quality, functioning aerospace engineering and technical department in Nigerian universities. Aerospace engineers working in the country’s aviation sector got their professional and technical trainings outside the shores of the country and get paid handsomely. They are most likely licensed aircraft engineers and its a tasking profession that requires continuous technical expertise and sound judgement. Pilots earn well but do not come near the pay packet of aeronautical engineers.

Production/ Petroleum Engineers:
Highly skilled engineers in the various production aspects of the petroleum industry are among the best paid professional careers in the country. IT is a very technical job and requires a lot of time that must be dedicated to reading and studying in order to acquire necessary certifications to practice. And then those in the Oil and Gas industry whether up or down stream command the highest pay of them all. They take home a pay package of about N3.5m – N6.5m annually, which is good in an economy like ours that is not so stable and also still considered as growing.

Commercial Airline Pilots:
Dominated by expatriates, pilots in the country are still among top earners. Indications are that as more airlines join the airspace in Nigeria to make things even more interesting and competitive well trained and skilled pilots will command more pay as they will be in more demand. Pilots just like medical doctors have a high degree of responsibility for the lives of passengers in the plane; hence they should be highly skilled and trained personnel who know exactly what they are doing. In Nigeria, they earn from about N3.4m up to N7.4 million and more in some cases even more.

Hackers and Programmers:
I can imagine you have a grin on your face. Hackers?! Well, maybe you don’t know that there are ethical hackers, just as you have non-ethical hackers. The internet world is growing and more and more programmers will be needed who are well-versed in the programming. Although in Nigeria finding ethical hackers is still hard to come by in Nigeria. And of course organizations are coughing out millions to have their websites secured from non-ethical hackers. Salary range is between N2.8m – N6.48million annuall
y.

source : Naijafixer

Your list is incomplete to say the least absent Physics.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Ekakamba: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
What 'bout corporate [size=30pt]gold diggers? [/size]. I heard those in Abuja earn 2m - 4m weekly. grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Flyingman(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2016
I'm a professional IT Guy, I earn about 7.3 million annually. I have no regrets chasing those IT qualifications and burning candles in the past. Now we aiming high. Attending a summit in Orlando very soon to discuss the future of IT in the corporate world. If am to start over, I will still study IT. IT is the new world. No organization can survive without it. We taking over.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Icon4s(m): 4:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
delayoyo:

How can you classify chemical engineering under petroleum engineering? Do you have an idea what a chemical engineer is capable of doing? He's miles ahead of a petroleum engineer.
Who designs, fabricates and installs a petrochemical plant, a fertilizer plant and even a refinery? Can any factory of any sort take place without a chemical engineer? can a petroleum engineer handle reaction and process systems in a plant. Even the components of a drilling mud/fluid used by a petroleum engineer to drill for oil has the indispensable touch of a chemical engineer.
My friend, please get your facts right before talking so that the purpose of your post can be achieved which is to enlighten.
Thanks.

My brother calm down. This is not an argument of who can do what more than who.
He is right in this context. The Op used Production /Petroleum Engineers to represent all and Gas Technical workers. I am a Geologist and I quickly fathom I fall under that group.

It may also interest you to know that in my organisation all the people that came in with a Chemical engineering degree have been converted to Petroleum Engineers, Drilling Engineers and Production Technologists. Same goes for Mechanical and Electrical graduates.

And to that salaries range collected by Oil and Gas personnel the range is wider. The minimum may even be half of the lower end of the range he quoted and the upper end is triple the higher end of that range. Fact.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Mockinbird: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
1. Politicians. 2. Oil marketers 3. CBN 4. Drug pushers 5. 1st class Olosho.

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by figure007(m): 4:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
if you know who hackers are...you will fear ... real hackers dont deal with ordinary firms..... black hat and white hats.... the bad ones(black hat) can hack into a bank acct and wipe everything off or into government files and steal or destroy...its only in this part of the world that they are not really seen...go to indian..china..Usa...they are paid like mad...i still pray to get the money to get certifies in it...
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by DjSwaga(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2016
Doctors earn the least salary in Nigeria. *runs out of post* cry
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by AngryNigerian(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pastors are highest paid oo...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Access Bank 2019 Graduate Trainee Program - This One Is Different! / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Never Put These 5 Things On Your CV When Applying For A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.