Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 (70407 Views)

Top 10 Well Paid Jobs In Nigeria - Must Read / General Electric Graduate Recruitment In Nigeria 2016 / Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by 19naia(m): 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nigerian salaries are small. At todays exchange rates those are small numbers. N11million per annum is a starting point for basic degree holders in low paid fields in USA. And the non degree holder skilled jobs like Brick layers, carpenters, mechanics and so on can also earn N11million annually at entry level if they work full time.
Depending on which state you work, its possible that BRT type bus drivers, police officers, fire fighter, school teachers and basic civil servants earn the same N11million annually at starting level.
And when you got to expensive cities, Police, fire fighters, civil servants, BRT type bus drivers can earn N32million a year if they have worked up through years of expereince and position.
There are instances where a bricklayer, carpenter, plumber or electrician can earn the same N32million a year if they have a lot of jobs to work on and in an expensive city.

Although, cost of living balances out to make the places where N32million a year can be paid to a non degree holder, very expensive places.

I would rather work in Texas or other cheaper states for a salary of N11million a year than work the same job in NewYork city for N31million a year.
Why? New york city house will not be available to buy for less than N320million , the basic houses in average areas.
Cheaper states you can get the same house for 18% of the NYC cost with less traffic, less parking issues, less taxes to pay for the house annually. So the higher salary does not make a big difference if the cost to own and maintain a home is 5.55 times more but the salary is only 3 times more. Food ,clothing and all other things are about the same in every city but the added stress of the bigger crowded city is another drain of value. Although depending on the profession, the biggest cities are the best for having a business or working very high paid jobs that make over $300k a year and up into the millions.

Making N11million a year in Nigeria is actually very good because the opportunity to live cheaply and have a nicely padded savings accounts is easy even in the most expensive cities of Nigeria.
I would still rather live in USA with N11million a year and be required to spend most of it on higher cost of living, because being paid on time is not a worry and the electricity you pay for will arrive always as well as tap water.
The car you buy will not suffer the worst roads and the general environment on average is cleaner and safer in terms of traffic, disease and bandits. Also the safety net for hard times and government subsidized programs are always there. When USA had economy crisis in 2009, the government sent out stimulus money to every citizen making less than a very high wage. I was not even feeling the economic hard times my self because my investments sold at profit before the economy went down, and still the governement sent me a stimulus check enough to buy food to last 3 weeks.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by medadson: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
chemical engineers do not get much as the IT guys these days iam a chemical engineer
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by GentleGina(f): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Pls ooo my husband study dat ethical hacking if anyone is looking for one I can send his number his very good at it.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by olayemite(m): 10:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
Nice post op but I need to clarify some few things:

1. Majority, 75%, of the nationals licenced aircraft engineers working in Nigeria's aviation industry were trained in Nigeria, NCAT Zaria precisely. In fact, anybody with aeronautical engineering degree will still have to pass through NCAT by going through a Licence Preparatory Course (LPC) programme, to obtain his/her licence to practice in Nigeria.

2. Pilots earn more than licenced aircraft engineers in Nigeria. A fresh pilot with two bars, first officer, annual pay ranges between 65,000 - 70,000USD per annum while that of a fresh licenced aircraft engineer, also known as a trainee engineer, ranges between 36,000 - 40,000USD per annum.

3. Telecom engineers do not earn as much as aircraft engineers let alone pilots.

Note: You don't have to necessarily obtained a degree in aeronautical engineering to practice aircraft engineering. With your good o'level result in science subjects, you can apply to any aviation college in the world to study aircraft maintenance engineering. Successful completion of this course will make you eligible to practice aircraft engineering anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
[sup][/sup] ;Dhighest paid job in nigeria is bet9ja I repeat the highest paid job in nigeria is bet9ja.

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by jessejagga(m): 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2016
fashrola:
Marine Engineers/Nautical Science nko? undecided

A certain Marine company in Port Harcourt (Name withheld) and some other companies average salary structure

A deck or engine ratings (Some without WAEC certificate) earns almost 5-6 Million annually...
Third Engineer/ 2nd Officer earns 8-11 Million annually
Chief Mate/2nd Engineer earns 13-15 Million annually
Captain and Chief Engineer earns 17-20 Million annually

Some Engineers/ Captain/ ETO are paid $300-400 per day (If u are lucky to work in a multinational company) that's some serious cash compared to today's FX rate

If you are in doubt go to rigzone.com

pls tell em all.... dey know nothing about d maritime sector
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by fashrola(m): 12:19am On Sep 12, 2016
saintkeppy:
. Ok, wish u the very best in ur chosen career.

Incase of any vacancy for Junior Ordinary Seaman (J.O.S) or AB. Or helper etc. Abeg just PM me, make i use help ma cousin, he has been searchin' and waitin' for so long. Infact papers go soon expire 4him hand. Lol
Thanx man i appreciate!

no wahala bros...
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by misscall247: 12:51am On Sep 12, 2016
abula112:
The battle for the spots on the highest paying jobs in Nigeria is a very tough one. There are quite a number of lucrative jobs paying good salaries or other remunerations. But with proven research by various job and career portals and information from industry watchers and insiders, the information below shows 5 of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria and how much they pay on the average, although not in any particular order.

If you are a young person and quickly want to build a strong financial base going through the job route, you might need to consider a career in any of these 5 jobs that pay very good salaries.

Here are 5 of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria:

IT/Telecom Engineers
This is probably the most lucrative job in today’s world, not because it necessarily pays the highest remuneration, but because there is nothing you do today that does not have the IT side. Hence, those who have developed themselves appropriately in whatever capacity will always be in high demand and command high pay. In an organization, software and hardware administration falls within the purview of these professionals and they sometimes also train other staff members. As the industry grows stronger, there will be more demand for professionals in this highly skilled sector. Did I hear you ask, how much they earn? They earn between N3.5m – N7million annually. I guess someone needs to reboot his/her mind or probably load fresh software.

Which one catches your fancy and you would like to be a player in if you are not already doing so? Go ahead and be the best that you can and as the saying goes, “The Sky will be your starting point.”

Aerospace Engineering:
There is hardly any quality, functioning aerospace engineering and technical department in Nigerian universities. Aerospace engineers working in the country’s aviation sector got their professional and technical trainings outside the shores of the country and get paid handsomely. They are most likely licensed aircraft engineers and its a tasking profession that requires continuous technical expertise and sound judgement. Pilots earn well but do not come near the pay packet of aeronautical engineers.

Production/ Petroleum Engineers:
Highly skilled engineers in the various production aspects of the petroleum industry are among the best paid professional careers in the country. IT is a very technical job and requires a lot of time that must be dedicated to reading and studying in order to acquire necessary certifications to practice. And then those in the Oil and Gas industry whether up or down stream command the highest pay of them all. They take home a pay package of about N3.5m – N6.5m annually, which is good in an economy like ours that is not so stable and also still considered as growing.

Commercial Airline Pilots:
Dominated by expatriates, pilots in the country are still among top earners. Indications are that as more airlines join the airspace in Nigeria to make things even more interesting and competitive well trained and skilled pilots will command more pay as they will be in more demand. Pilots just like medical doctors have a high degree of responsibility for the lives of passengers in the plane; hence they should be highly skilled and trained personnel who know exactly what they are doing. In Nigeria, they earn from about N3.4m up to N7.4 million and more in some cases even more.

Hackers and Programmers:
I can imagine you have a grin on your face. Hackers?! Well, maybe you don’t know that there are ethical hackers, just as you have non-ethical hackers. The internet world is growing and more and more programmers will be needed who are well-versed in the programming. Although in Nigeria finding ethical hackers is still hard to come by in Nigeria. And of course organizations are coughing out millions to have their websites secured from non-ethical hackers. Salary range is between N2.8m – N6.48million annually.

source : Naijafixer
Op wat of NNPC
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by yom2(m): 2:20am On Sep 12, 2016
omozu1:
please where can i be train as a Hackers and Programmers:
i have heard about NNIT are they good enough?
i mean can i get all the training i need there.
apptech institute. one is at maryland area

1 Like

Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by tee4naija(m): 3:23am On Sep 12, 2016
abula112:
The battle for the spots on the highest paying jobs in Nigeria is a very tough one. There are quite a number of lucrative jobs paying good salaries or other remunerations. But with proven research by various job and career portals and information from industry watchers and insiders, the information below shows 5 of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria and how much they pay on the average, although not in any particular order.

If you are a young person and quickly want to build a strong financial base going through the job route, you might need to consider a career in any of these 5 jobs that pay very good salaries.

Here are 5 of the highest paying jobs in Nigeria:

IT/Telecom Engineers
This is probably the most lucrative job in today’s world, not because it necessarily pays the highest remuneration, but because there is nothing you do today that does not have the IT side. Hence, those who have developed themselves appropriately in whatever capacity will always be in high demand and command high pay. In an organization, software and hardware administration falls within the purview of these professionals and they sometimes also train other staff members. As the industry grows stronger, there will be more demand for professionals in this highly skilled sector. Did I hear you ask, how much they earn? They earn between N3.5m – N7million annually. I guess someone needs to reboot his/her mind or probably load fresh software.

Which one catches your fancy and you would like to be a player in if you are not already doing so? Go ahead and be the best that you can and as the saying goes, “The Sky will be your starting point.”

Aerospace Engineering:
There is hardly any quality, functioning aerospace engineering and technical department in Nigerian universities. Aerospace engineers working in the country’s aviation sector got their professional and technical trainings outside the shores of the country and get paid handsomely. They are most likely licensed aircraft engineers and its a tasking profession that requires continuous technical expertise and sound judgement. Pilots earn well but do not come near the pay packet of aeronautical engineers.

Production/ Petroleum Engineers:
Highly skilled engineers in the various production aspects of the petroleum industry are among the best paid professional careers in the country. IT is a very technical job and requires a lot of time that must be dedicated to reading and studying in order to acquire necessary certifications to practice. And then those in the Oil and Gas industry whether up or down stream command the highest pay of them all. They take home a pay package of about N3.5m – N6.5m annually, which is good in an economy like ours that is not so stable and also still considered as growing.

Commercial Airline Pilots:
Dominated by expatriates, pilots in the country are still among top earners. Indications are that as more airlines join the airspace in Nigeria to make things even more interesting and competitive well trained and skilled pilots will command more pay as they will be in more demand. Pilots just like medical doctors have a high degree of responsibility for the lives of passengers in the plane; hence they should be highly skilled and trained personnel who know exactly what they are doing. In Nigeria, they earn from about N3.4m up to N7.4 million and more in some cases even more.

Hackers and Programmers:
I can imagine you have a grin on your face. Hackers?! Well, maybe you don’t know that there are ethical hackers, just as you have non-ethical hackers. The internet world is growing and more and more programmers will be needed who are well-versed in the programming. Although in Nigeria finding ethical hackers is still hard to come by in Nigeria. And of course organizations are coughing out millions to have their websites secured from non-ethical hackers. Salary range is between N2.8m – N6.48million annually.
Marketing no follow join. Op u be learner.

source : Naijafixer
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by bravehost4u(m): 7:16am On Sep 12, 2016
If this is your analyses, then Diamond bank should be on the list as an Entry Level earns around 3.4m per annum, thats for the full time staff
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by tomslee(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Mech Engine nko kiss undecided kiss
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by philybuck(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2016
Yes it is, heard of certified forensic investigation and penetration testing, that's top level hacking and it is hot cake in the corporate world right now.
HAH:
Is hacking a job.? I thought is something like stealing
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by tunary(m): 11:54am On Sep 12, 2016
abuayman:
Politics sure pass. Try am see
only in nigeria and some african countries
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Jayjones(m): 5:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
Pls where is sailors
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Studychinaabroa: 7:56am On Sep 17, 2016
What do you guys take china for..A village hahaha

Its english bro

saintkeppy:
. What language used as means of communication (lectures).
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Studychinaabroa: 11:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
Lol of course english..wetin you guys take china for hahaha

saintkeppy:
. What language used as means of communication (lectures).
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by starwar(m): 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2016
illuminaty:
...bro,i dnt mean to be too hard on you but the cover art is trash.the pictures behind aren't pictures of nigeria bt another country and yet you are singing about "my nation" NIGERIA!.jos one of lil flawS from d cover art
I was about telling him the same thing too...but don't wanna jump on his mention.....I like your advice, u will make a good manager or investment manager
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by illuminaty(m): 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2016
starwar:
I was about telling him the same thing too...but don't wanna jump on his mention.....I like your advice, u will make a good manager or investment manager
......thanks boss
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by numericalguy(m): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
vic4real22:
who told u that? chemical engineering and petrochemical engineering are bi-product of petroleum engineering ok?

Get your facts right.

Petroleum Engineering is a branch of Chemical Engineering. Petroleum engineering was carved out of
Chemical Engineering

The only thing you can argue is that those working in the petroleum industry earn more on the average. The thing is that it's very easy for a chemical engineer to work as a petroleum engineer because part of the curriculum set by NUC for Chemical Engineering covers petroleum engineering while the same cannot be said for petroleum engineers.
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by asuzor11(m): 7:21am On Apr 06, 2017
tomju:
Your analysis is very wrong.
The highest paid jobs are found in the oil industry. Oil majors like ExxonMobil, Shell and Chevron pays over 15m annually. Yes. BSc earns 1.3m plus as basic salary. Excluding allowances like furniture, housing, security, medical etc. So whether you studied history in the University, but got hired in one of these companies, like in HR , Public affairs, or Procurement. Then you're into the league. It's not about the course you studied, It's about the job you land.
God bless you for this post...Make I study wella make good grade.. My eye dey dere
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by asuzor11(m): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2017
biz9ja:
Sorry where is Real Estate Surveyors and Valuers ? Are you high
Ask am o..Urban planner to be like me na' i'm dey wan discourage so
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by asuzor11(m): 7:28am On Apr 06, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]
biz9ja:
Ask am o..Urban planner to be like me na' i'm dey wan discourage so angry
biz9ja:
Ask am o..Urban planner to be like me na' i'm dey wan discourage so
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by asuzor11(m): 7:45am On Apr 06, 2017
bonarhyme:
[/sup] ;Dhighest paid job in nigeria is bet9ja I repeat the highest paid job in nigeria is bet9ja.
your head dey dere my guy
grin
bonarhyme:
[sup] ;Dhighest paid job in nigeria is bet9ja I repeat the highest paid job in nigeria is bet9ja.
your head dey dere my guy
Re: 5 Highest Paid Jobs In Nigeria 2016 by Fernandeswagger(m): 1:34am On Feb 21, 2021
olayemite:
Nice post op but I need to clarify some few things:

1. Majority, 75%, of the nationals licenced aircraft engineers working in Nigeria's aviation industry were trained in Nigeria, NCAT Zaria precisely. In fact, anybody with aeronautical engineering degree will still have to pass through NCAT by going through a Licence Preparatory Course (LPC) programme, to obtain his/her licence to practice in Nigeria.

2. Pilots earn more than licenced aircraft engineers in Nigeria. A fresh pilot with two bars, first officer, annual pay ranges between 65,000 - 70,000USD per annum while that of a fresh licenced aircraft engineer, also known as a trainee engineer, ranges between 36,000 - 40,000USD per annum.

3. Telecom engineers do not earn as much as aircraft engineers let alone pilots.

Note: You don't have to necessarily obtained a degree in aeronautical engineering to practice aircraft engineering. With your good o'level result in science subjects, you can apply to any aviation college in the world to study aircraft maintenance engineering. Successful completion of this course will make you eligible to practice aircraft engineering anywhere in the world.

Hello, please what are the prospects of an aeronautical engineer doing the LPC, getting employment after acquiring the licence in Nigeria? I intend to start the LPC class but I'm thinking of the job prospects especially with the current pandemic.

I know this thread is pretty old but hopefully you are still on this forum.

Your kind response will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job / Never Put These 5 Things On Your CV When Applying For A Job In Nigeria / "How Much Do We Pay You?" Interview Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.