Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,534 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? (17345 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Low Income Earner? Top Secrets To Earn More Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by ifyeez: 6:35am On Sep 12, 2016
Go ask those boiz way dey buy moet of 30k a bottle how much be there salary. Nigerians can settle for less which is rubbish.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by kaen1317: 6:39am On Sep 12, 2016
Everything payable by the state and federal government is low income. Keep in mind that a bag of rice is N20k plus now, if you have a car you will spend an average of N40k for fuelling in a month, cost of electricity, cooking gas, house rent, school fees and every other thing has gone up. Hence, N100k a month does not go far enough. The African man runs an extended family system, therefore additional bills. That's why the African/Nigerian man does not even know when he dips his hand in the national treasury in a bid to make ends meet and in order to safe guard his generation from these myriad of problems. Don't blame him, blame the system. My advice to government is to think twice before calling EFCC to arrest

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by 19naia(m): 6:40am On Sep 12, 2016
The best salary is to stop buying and start growing a garden in any place you can find. Maybe get a few chickens to roam your yard. Go back to the days when self sufficiency was happiness.
Some people see no difference in these times and before because before, they were not getting paid their salary and even now they still do not see salary paid. Even if they get salary increase, it means nothing to them because non payment is still equal to nothing.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2016
Nigerians dont seem to get it
Its not how much you earn but how well you manage your resources.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by cassidy1996(m): 6:42am On Sep 12, 2016
It depends on how you spend, cos there a family men who earn 18000 naria and still survive..
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I Recieve 285k monthly before this evil baba came into power and now my salary has been slashed to 120k. I can hardly meet my needs and obligations due to the reduction. I regret voting this stubborn old man into Aso rock
Oh bob... That slash wicked o. A friend that works in a bank, they removed 150k. Dude hardly smiles again. Mine was slashed too. But funny part is what you are receiving is someone's dream. So just slash expenses and ride the storm.

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by DavidEsq(m): 7:00am On Sep 12, 2016
niggi4life:
50K might be okay for some, while 300k too little for some, but as long as you don't drink too much and gamble a lot you should be fine....

While i was getting so mad that Barcelona spoilt my betting ticket in which i could have won 420K, i rushed to make another bet on my team Chelsea, straight win odds of 1.66, na so i put 100k say make i chop 66k...

Chelsea do me strong tin oooo!!

Now my wife kept asking me all night where is my 100K this man
Just tell her u sowed a seed with it but Buhari didn't approve funds for fertilisers, so it died
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by grace008: 7:02am On Sep 12, 2016
100k salary, and this is what I can afford

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by glossy6(f): 7:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Well insurance cover us. We even got bonus for this hard time in addition to steady income that comes every 25th. Baba God we thank you grin
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by nike4love: 7:45am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I Recieve 285k monthly before this evil baba came into power and now my salary has been slashed to 120k. I can hardly meet my needs and obligations due to the reduction. I regret voting this stubborn old man into Aso rock

U were warned,but u didn't listen.
Hahahahahahahahaaa
U said we were wailers when we tried to ask questions about bubu's promise.
Now its only one year,u don begin cry,my man its 3years left........
Take heart my man some lost their job,but u still have urs.........
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by MrHenshaw: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2016
javijabor1:
With the current economic recession and price of things shooting up, what range is classified as a low income salary?
Less than 50k?
Less than 100k?

U don't just drop an incomplete question expecting a complete answer.Are u talking of individual or family(size),what location?These are some variables to enable your answer.Pls u may wish to re-present it after d correction if u really need a genuine answer.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by josephmbonu: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2016
For this country and u a collecting 50k mennn it's a big miracle to glorified the Almighty God. Some people are frustrated in this country, no jobs, no money, even to served mechen as in labor no way unless u known the contractor. If u go to were labourers they stay waiting for job to served u will have pitty on them.

To God be thy Glory and help us all in the fallen country because "Things has fall Apart"[/color][color=#000099]
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by borntosuccess(m): 8:10am On Sep 12, 2016
chairman any one wey u hand reach take am. D change abi na chain is real
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by SexyRat: 8:17am On Sep 12, 2016
Na wah. Reading comments here makes me cry. I think our problem is having idiots as leaders.

Am a security man in my church, I earn 55k monthly. I get my pay as early as 24th every month No reduction. Am entitle to double salary this December, a bag of rice, chicken and house allowance March next.

Thank God for my pastor who is a man of vision who have given hope to thousands of people.

Federal government fire there.

I think is high we started looking for credible Nigerians to support instead of these dead woods we have now.

Can't imagine that Buhari is my president . God forbid
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by sfinkzslot(m): 8:26am On Sep 12, 2016
about low, I know a nur & pry school in Abakaliki I was told pay it's staff #5000 monthly before 'the change' came, it might be worse off now sef
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by SexyRat: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
sfinkzslot:
about low, I know a nur & pry school in Abakaliki I was told pay it's staff #5000 monthly before 'the change' came, it might be worse off now sef

Chisos shocked shocked

That's slavery

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by ogawisdom(m): 8:37am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Dts not all am sure even inflation slashed it further to abt 85k for u bc d value of 85k in 2014 is equal to 120k in 2016
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by DonOrpzy: 8:39am On Sep 12, 2016
[quote author=pippimp post=49283777]
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by ogawisdom(m): 8:47am On Sep 12, 2016
ismokeweed:

Oh bob... That slash wicked o. A friend that works in a bank, they removed 150k. Dude hardly smiles again. Mine was slashed too. But funny part is what you are receiving is someone's dream. So just slash expenses and ride the storm.

Yes ooo jst slash expenses n focus on needs cool cool cool
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Burgerlomo: 8:52am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

Sorry bro, but you too should try to slash your expenses.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by sarutobie(m): 9:01am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

I feel NO atom of pity for this particular moniker...you knew the truth, but for some mundane reasons you decided to pitch your tent with the worst possible choice...for some mundane reasons you believed that one with a NEPA certificate could outperform a PhD holder with seasoned technocrats as ministers? for some mundane reasons you believed that an ancient coup plotter was the way forward in a democratic government in 2015?? be gone with your regrets!
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by AntiWailer: 9:15am On Sep 12, 2016
pippimp:
You people haven't woken up yet. This is not just a recession. It is a continuation and worsening of the recession that started in 1960. The Nigerian economy has always been propped up by oil revenue thereby creating the illusion that there was growth. If oil prices were still the same, you all would be thinking everything was fine. Get ready. It's only going to get worse.

I agree with u 100%

We abandoned farming.

We are selling oil and buying everything with the dollars including rice.

Can u imagine us importing rice with all this land mass without any use ?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by AntiWailer: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2016
mrkayusfit:

With ur income reduced, U can hardly meet ur needs and obligation but u expect Buhari to meet his need and obligation with his revenue slashed than more percentage that ur salary was slashed.

Wake up to reality.

The bad decisions of all past leaders is part of our problem.

Imagine us exporting only oil and importing every other thing including rice despite our Land Mass.

No miracle would av been done by Jonathan at this period. Infact the vultures who steal on per second billing will make things worse for us all.

The budget is always done with oil prices in mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by pippimp(m): 9:26am On Sep 12, 2016
AntiWailer:

I agree with u 100%

We abandoned farming.

We are selling oil and buying everything with the dollars including rice.

Can u imagine us importing rice with all this land mass without any use ?

I hope to God that one day you will be opportuned to travel the world. If you do, please stop by Estonia, Latvia, and especially Germany. In Germany, the country side is probably the most beautiful land mass you will ever see on earth. Plus it is as if the whole country-side is one big freaking farm land. You will drive for hours and hours and all you will see are cows grazing, and tractors plowing. Not one piece of dirt is wasted. Nigeria is not even making use of the easiest cash crop to grow. I'm talking about HAY. It is so easy to grow and can be exported. You also eliminate these fulani men constituting a nuisance in the country because there would be no need for them gallivanting all over the place.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by AntiWailer: 9:32am On Sep 12, 2016
pippimp:

I hope to God that one day you will be opportuned to travel the world. If you do, please stop by Estonia, Latvia, and especially Germany. In Germany, the country side is probably the most beautiful land mass you will ever see on earth. Plus it is as if the whole country-side is one big freaking farm land. You will drive for hours and hours and all you will see are cows grazing, and tractors plowing. Not one piece of dirt is wasted. Nigeria is not even making use of the easiest cash crop to grow. I'm talking about HAY. It is so easy to grow and can be exported. You also eliminate these fulani men constituting a nuisance in the country because there would be no need for them gallivanting all over the place.

I have been to Germany and Estonia but not Latvia

You are right that is why those wise men called oil discovery a curse in Nigeria

We were doing very fine with agriculture. Immediately the oil boom came , they abandoned agriculture and we were living on oil.

Now to retrace our step is becoming one hell of a task.

When I travel inter state I see land mass and I am like imagine all this as a mechanised rice farm, we will feed the whole Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by pippimp(m): 9:35am On Sep 12, 2016
AntiWailer:

I have been to Germany and Estonia but not Latvia

You are right that is why those wise men called oil discovery a curse in Nigeria

We were doing very fine with agriculture. Immediately the oil boom came , they abandoned agriculture and we were living on oil.

Now to retrace our step is becoming one hell of a task.

When I travel inter state I see land mass and I am like imagine all this as a mechanised rice farm, we will feed the whole Africa.

Until Nigeria/Nigerians changes it's/their mentality, nothing will change.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by AntiWailer: 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
pippimp:

Until Nigeria/Nigerians changes it's/their mentality, nothing will change.

Which is one of the problems I have with Buhari and his slow Government.

U see all this their change begins with u should have started immediately they came in.

They should have told us the exact mess they met instead of being diplomatic and protecting people.

Contractors are owed, oil marketers are owed then.

They should have told us farming would be a priority and take practical steps instead of hoping oil price will stabilize or go up.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Nobody: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2016
ladyF:
Hmmmm.... No salary is low in this hard times o. When some people are getting no salary at all, no job, no business, nothing. Some people will still get sacked this month.

Even if na 20k, just thank God. Someone somewhere is looking for just N20 to buy his/her next meal. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]

Hey Baby, where you been? its been so lonely here without ya.. hope you ain't creepin out on me though? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? / She Sacked Me because Am A Lesbian / Setting Up A Barbershop Or Going To School Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.