Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? (17342 Views)

3 Helpful Tips On How Low Income Earners Can Survive In Lagos / Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Low Income Earner? Top Secrets To Earn More Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by pippimp(m): 10:13am On Sep 12, 2016
AntiWailer:

Which is one of the problems I have with Buhari and his slow Government.

U see all this their change begins with u should have started immediately they came in.

They should have told us the exact mess they met instead of being diplomatic and protecting people.

Contractors are owed, oil marketers are owed then.

They should have told us farming would be a priority and take practical steps instead of hoping oil price will stabilize or go up.

It is not easy to change 50 years of rot overnight. It is easy to destroy but very hard to put together. To make matters worse, people in Nigeria are not making it easy with their corrupt mentality. Burning people in the streets is not a way of showing support for change.
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by BiafraIShere(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2016
The answer to your question is relative. A lot of factors has to be considered eg family size, dependants, city/locality of resident, lifestyle etc. A married man with a house wife & 6 children who earns 80k is low income when you consider 80k/8 for food, medicine, clothing, housing, transport, school fees etc. Again someone living in Lagos or Abuja & is earning 100k may be considered low income while someone earning 80k in places like Aba or Ibadan is considered as middle class this is due to differentials in accommodation, transport, feeding cost etc. Generally, hyper inflation is rubbishing whatever income people are earning these days, feeding alone is taking as much as 70% of some people's income & thats not healthy. A bill must be passed to regulate the rate of procreation, expecially in the north otherwise we are headed for a full blown crises that will rival that of India during the early 20th century!!

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by itsmisterdavid: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Less than 50k is bad o but manageable.
But above 50k is preferred. 100k can go a long way this period (Especially if you are single)
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Chelseafan1: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2016
AntiWailer:

I have been to Germany and Estonia but not Latvia

You are right that is why those wise men called oil discovery a curse in Nigeria

We were doing very fine with agriculture. Immediately the oil boom came , they abandoned agriculture and we were living on oil.

Now to retrace our step is becoming one hell of a task.

When I travel inter state I see land mass and I am like imagine all this as a mechanised rice farm, we will feed the whole Africa.

If the Govt is blind to things like this, what about the rich men in this country, people like Dangote, Otedola, Adenuga, Emeka offor and Co, can't they look into this and invest their money?
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by eay(m): 11:41am On Sep 12, 2016
Well, d truth is: dr is no amount you can be paid in ds recession period that will satisfy ur wants because ur wants increases as ur income increases. 50k nd above is cool provided ur tfare nd feeding allowance is not slashing off 80% of ur salary.
However,creating streams of income can help u in times like ds and I hav benefitted frm d donation platform that pays me 30% interest on my donations.
MMM lo sure ooo grin
I have been in d MMM community for d past 3 mnths nd i think it's God's blessing to us in ds #change era grin
If u r still skeptical and u will like to knw more abt MMM + I will guide u tru ur registration + I will add u to our whatsapp mmm grp page FOR FREE, [/b]kindly quote me an drop your whatsapp number[b]

Biko, I'm not imposing it on anyone ooo...ONLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!
CHEERS!
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Burger01(m): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
Emeskhalifa:
with iphone7 out and my tashere salary, I no think say I go fit buy the phone.
anyway, am thinking of obtaining a 500k loan so as to buy that iphone7 cry
What is in that iPhone gan self I hate that frigging phone angry
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Tkayhandsome(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
So because I tell you my salary, you wan come here come compose am?
ladyF:
Hmmmm.... No salary is low in this hard times o. When some people are getting no salary at all, no job, no business, nothing. Some people will still get sacked this month.

Even if na 20k, just thank God. Someone somewhere is looking for just N20 to buy his/her next meal. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:37pm On Sep 12, 2016
Burger01:
What is in that iPhone gan self I hate that frigging phone angry

why shocked
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by Burger01(m): 1:44pm On Sep 12, 2016
Emeskhalifa:

why shocked
I don't know... I just hate it. I like things simple. It's not about the money... I'm more like Mark Zookabag cheesy
Re: What Salary Range Is Low Income In Recession? by SexyRat: 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
eay:
Well, d truth is: dr is no amount you can be paid in ds recession period that will satisfy ur wants because ur wants increases as ur income increases. 50k nd above is cool provided ur tfare nd feeding allowance is not slashing off 80% of ur salary.
However,creating streams of income can help u in times like ds and I hav benefitted frm d donation platform that pays me 30% interest on my donations.
MMM lo sure ooo grin
I have been in d MMM community for d past 3 mnths nd i think it's God's blessing to us in ds #change era grin
If u r still skeptical and u will like to knw more abt MMM + I will guide u tru ur registration + I will add u to our whatsapp mmm grp page FOR FREE, [/b]kindly quote me an drop your whatsapp number[b]

Biko, I'm not imposing it on anyone ooo...ONLY IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!
CHEERS!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does Future Hold For Chartered Accountants? / What Happens When You Quote A Salary Less Than The Position You Are Going For? / She Sacked Me because Am A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.