Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) (3382 Views)

Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / Limb Regrowing Miracle By Naijadeyhia / Atheists In Lagos And Worldwide, Come And Witness Limb Growing Miracle!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 6:17am On Sep 11, 2016
a certain monicker by the name of "hounourhim" one of the few Christians I actually respect (one thing he said at a particular time earned him that respect) opened a thread as an excuse and copout for Yahweh not healing amputees

you can read his disjointed rant and excuses here

https://www.nairaland.com/3342579/god-atheists-healing-amputee

first off, he tries to wiggle by saying

I am still wondering whether amputation is a disease. I have not come across any disease called amputation but i know that it is disease that can lead to amputation. Those in the medicals can correct me where i am wrong in the above statement.

he is basically saying making an amputee limb grow is not "healing"

this is what the Christian apologists try to resort to, start "defining" words in order to sound smart while not saying anything at all

why its bull sheet

What we want is to see a limb grow

Jesus changed water to wine, was he "healing" the wedding?

when Jesus fed 5000 adults with 5 loaves of bread and two fishes, was he "healing" them of hunger?

and the biggest example yet,

when Lazarus was raised from the dead, was it a "healing"?

was he "healed" of death?

is "death" a "disease"?

I'm sure if we are to rank miracles, making a limb grow would be somewhere below raising the dead on the scale

Whatever "words" Christians want to call "making a limb grow" is fine by us

WE JUST WANT TO SEE A LIMB GROW

he also said

We know that God heals sicknesses and diseases as recorded in the scripture. In this case God can heal that disease that leads to amputation. Where someone is not healed and his case gets to the level of amputation that does not mean that there are not others that God has healed out there.

I'm tryna make some sense out of the above and I'm scratching my head with my head literally expanding like "Brain" in the cartoon "pinky and the brain"

why its bullsheeet
so this our intelligent Christian apologist is saying god definitely heals the "disease" that leads to amputation like car accidents, mine explosions, terror attack, hostage situations (they're known to cut the hostage's finger and mail it in certain situations)

let's examine specific examples of those things that lead to amputation that Yahweh could've "healed" before it got there
In 2007, 66-year-old Al Hill amputated his leg below the knee using his pocketknife after the leg got stuck beneath a fallen tree he was cutting in California.
In 2007, Sampson Parker, a South Carolina farmer, cut off his own arm after it became stuck in a corn harvester.
In 2003, 27-year-old Aron Ralston amputated his forearm using his pocketknife and breaking and tearing the two bones , after the arm got stuck under a boulder when hiking in Utah.
In 2003, an Australian coal miner amputated his own arm with a Stanley knife after it became trapped when the front-end loader he was driving overturned three kilometers underground.
these are cases of people amputating themselves in order to go on living
Looking at the above, we can deduce that Mr Honourhim (who defined "healing"wink is actually saying Yahweh could've "healed" the diseases that lead to the amputation like "heal" the tree from falling, "heal" the corn harvester from working, "heal" the boulder from trapping
the only sense I can make of this is that Mr Honourhim was extremely myopic to have thought only "diseases" lead to amputation

in fact, diseases far less account for amputation than accidents, consider the below also lead to amputation:

Traffic accidents (cars, motorcycles, bicycles, trains, etc.)
Labor accidents (equipment, instruments, cylinders, chainsaws, press machines, meat machines, wood machines, etc.)
Agricultural accidents, with machines and mower equipment
Electric shock hazards
Guns, weapons, explosives, dynamite, bombs, fireworks, etc.
Violent rupture of ship rope or industry wire rope
Ring traction (ring amputation, de-gloving injuries)
Building doors and car doors
Gas cylinder explosions

A good number of us have witnessed miraculous healing in our lives. God heals in various ways. He could heal miraculously or through the knowledge/gift of medication which he has deposited in some human. God created us with different gifts so that we can use it to serve humanity to his own glory and to our own blessings.
Some are blessed in the medical field, some in Engineering, some in arts etc. all these blessings are meant to serve humanities. This does not stop God from intervening in providing direct healing to sicknesses/diseases without going through medicals or herbal. We cant also expect God to be doing miraculous healing to everybody because this will render the gift he has given to those in the medical field useless. Same goes with other professions. If God wanted us to just sit idly all through life while he does everything for us then he wouldn't have deposited these various gifts in us.

what did I just read?

my head swelled again in order to make sense of this

why its bullsheeet
what he is saying is that its Yahweh that gave those doctors the ability to make groundbreaking discoveries that have led to cure and prevention of many debilitating diseases, disorders and conditions

for the sake of arguments, let's say this is true

now we will see in the bible that almost every "miracle" performed by Jesus Christ were things that no human at the time cannot possibly do

let's now take a simple look at a particular miracle in the bible

And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed. ” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

as we can see from the above story, she had "suffered a great deal under care of many doctors", meaning she had tried everything medically possible to no avail and must've spent huge money in the process too but Yahweh healed her; Yahweh didn't make doctors find a cure
consider the below example too

Jesus, visiting Jerusalem for a Jewish feast ( John 5:1 ), encounters one of the disabled people who used to lie here, a man who had been paralysed for thirty-eight years. "an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had" ( John 5:4 - see John 5 ). Jesus asks the man if he wants to get well. The man explains that he is unable to enter the water when the water is stirred up, because he has no one to help in and others go down ahead of him. Jesus tells him to pick up his bed or mat and walk; the man is instantly cured and is able to do so.
as we can also see here, no doctor could help the man, Jesus didn't make doctors find a cure, he cured him
even though Jesus could've simply told the 5000 to go and look for food, he instead decided to feed them with 5 loaves and 2 fishes with many basketfuls of crumbs left, that didn't make the 5000 start depending on him to do it for them day and night did they? did they stop working because they have Jesus that can feed many people miraculously? of course not

when Jesus healed Peter's mother in-law of high fever, did the doctors stop working day and night to find the cause and cure for fever?
did winemakers simply stopped their job because a certain Jesus changed water to wine?
did doctors suddenly stopped working when the Man with withered hands was healed?
did they stop searching for a permanent solution to deafness and muteness when Jesus healed the man at Decapolis?
did all the doctors at Gennesaret suddenly go out of business when Jesus' cloak healed everyone that touched it?

i wonder why Christians conjure up these pathetic excuses when it comes to making a limb grow

If God decides to heal an amputee then thats it, but if he decides not to then we cant accuse him of incapability

really?

we atheists seriously doubt Yahweh's existence, we are not accusing him of incompetence, that's an understatement, we are not even accusing him of anything, we simply don't believe he exists
Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:
Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Matthew 17:20
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Matthew 21:22
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Matthew 18:19
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
if these verses happen to be true, then healing an amputee shouldn't be something you need to make up excuses for since you have faith
Hell, Jesus even said you guys would do greater works In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14,
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.
we are telling you to do "lesser" work here after all, Making a limb grow is far lesser than making someone that's been dead for about a week to come back to life, isn't it?
we are not telling you to move mount everest to Nigeria

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hahn(m): 6:54am On Sep 11, 2016
The guy should change his name to honourIT since god is a thing wink

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 11, 2016
You guys are still on this issue? The last thread was closed. It seems you guys want a deletion of this one.
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by honourhim: 7:49am On Sep 11, 2016
@OP, I will respond later when i'm free. Make i go church first.
But just bear it in mind that i 'm not here to defend God rather i reason about him and in that case i accept contrary opinion because it helps in my reasoning.
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by adjoviomole(m): 8:18am On Sep 11, 2016
If your faith in God is strong enough, it is possible...........God can do all things. But he doesn't do it as a show off to please the desire of man's heart like ppl like u.......if God wills he will do it and if not he wunt. It depends on the person asking for the favor and God knows d heart of the person and the motive behind it..

1 Like

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 8:34am On Sep 11, 2016
adjoviomole:
If your faith in God is strong enough, it is possible...........God can do all things. But he doesn't do it as a show off to please the desire of man's heart like ppl like u.......if God wills he will do it and if not he wunt. It depends on the person asking for the favor and God knows d heart of the person and the motive behind it..

2 Likes

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by adjoviomole(m): 10:09am On Sep 11, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=49257925][/quote]

Lmao. Ur pictures don't even tally with what I wrote up der.....come back and quote me when you have something reasonable to contribute......bya

1 Like

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by oaroloye(m): 10:10am On Sep 11, 2016
SHALOM!

WE JUST WANT TO SEE A LIMB GROW.

Perhaps you would get results, if you "JUST WANTED TO HELP AN AMPUTEE GET THEIR LIFE BACK!"

It is all about YOU, isn't it?

What if God healed the limb, but you blinked and missed it?

. MATTHEW 15:21-31.

21. Then Jesus went thence and departed into the region of Tyre and Sidon.
22. And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same region and cried unto Him, saying,
“Have mercy on me, O Lord, Thou Son of David! My daughter is grievously vexed with a Devil.”
23. But He answered her not a word. And His Disciples came and besought Him, saying,
“Send her away, for she crieth after us.”
24. But He answered and said,
“I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
25. Then she came and worshiped Him, saying,
“Lord help me.”
26. But He answered and said,
“It is not meet to take children’s bread and cast it to dogs.”
27 And she said,
“Truth, Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”
28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her,
“O woman, great is thy Faith. Be it unto thee even as thou wilt.” And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."
29. And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30. And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31. Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified The God of Israel.

1 Like

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 10:20am On Sep 11, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Perhaps you would get results, if you "JUST WANTED TO HELP AN AMPUTEE GET THEIR LIFE BACK!"

Oga, like I said, you can word it anyhow you like

make a limb grow, heal an amputee, help an amputee get their life back

whichever one suits you
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by raphieMontella: 10:48am On Sep 11, 2016
i wonder if curing ''headaches'' of persons who can afford meds is more better than curing ''amputees'' who cant afford prosthetic limbs..

3 Likes

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hahn(m): 1:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

It is all about YOU, isn't it?

What if God healed the limb, but you blinked and missed it?

. MATTHEW 15:21-31.

21. Then Jesus went thence and departed into the region of Tyre and Sidon.
22. And behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same region and cried unto Him, saying,
“Have mercy on me, O Lord, Thou Son of David! My daughter is grievously vexed with a Devil.”
23. But He answered her not a word. And His Disciples came and besought Him, saying,
“Send her away, for she crieth after us.”
24. But He answered and said,
“I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”
25. Then she came and worshiped Him, saying,
“Lord help me.”
26. But He answered and said,
“It is not meet to take children’s bread and cast it to dogs.”
27 And she said,
“Truth, Lord; yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”
28. Then Jesus answered and said unto her,
“O woman, great is thy Faith. Be it unto thee even as thou wilt.” And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."
29. And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
30. And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
31. Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified The God of Israel.

None of these "miracles" have happened since man invented the camera and started video recording.

Why is that?

Why must you bring up stories from 2000 years ago in 2016?

Why can't you give me an example of someone on your street or the beggar in your area that was crippled but now walks or even a family member?

Why does god's miracles only exist in the pages of a book of fictional, barbaric and savage medieval history? Why not here and now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by honourhim: 9:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

first off, he tries to wiggle by saying

he is basically saying making an amputee limb grow is not "healing"

this is what the Christian apologists try to resort to, start "defining" words in order to sound smart while not saying anything at all

why its bull sheet

What we want is to see a limb grow

Jesus changed water to wine, was he "healing" the wedding?

when Jesus fed 5000 adults with 5 loaves of bread and two fishes, was he "healing" them of hunger?

and the biggest example yet,

when Lazarus was raised from the dead, was it a "healing"?

was he "healed" of death?

is "death" a "disease"?

I'm sure if we are to rank miracles, making a limb grow would be somewhere below raising the dead on the scale

Whatever "words" Christians want to call "making a limb grow" is fine by us

WE JUST WANT TO SEE A LIMB GROW

he also said

.a

Ok. My point here is not whether God can heal amputees or not. He can heal them if he wants like I said before but I was trying to look at it from the angle some of you have based their argument. It has always been a case of, if Jesus and the apostles healed people in the bible why don’t you Christians prove your healing power now by healing an amputee. In that case I say that in the bible we are given powers to heal sicknesses and diseases and amputation is not a disease. We are also given the power to raise the dead.

[b]Matthew 10;
7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

[/b]
There are limits to what we can do. We are not given power to do all things, we are not God.
God can still use us to pray for a limb to grow if in his wisdom he wants to. I can agree that there are lots of fake miracles in churches because of the greediness that has gripped a lot of pastors and its quite a shame to see this happen. A lot of those people are not called by God, they are just in the ministry to scam people with religion and fake miracles However this does not mean that there are no real miracles happening today. They are happening and i have seen them even in my body too.

hopefulLandlord:

I'm tryna make some sense out of the above and I'm scratching my head with my head literally expanding like "Brain" in the cartoon "pinky and the brain"

why its bullsheeet
so this our intelligent Christian apologist is saying god definitely heals the "disease" that leads to amputation like car accidents, mine explosions, terror attack, hostage situations (they're known to cut the hostage's finger and mail it in certain situations)

let's examine specific examples of those things that lead to amputation that Yahweh could've "healed" before it got there
In 2007, 66-year-old Al Hill amputated his leg below the knee using his pocketknife after the leg got stuck beneath a fallen tree he was cutting in California.
In 2007, Sampson Parker, a South Carolina farmer, cut off his own arm after it became stuck in a corn harvester.
In 2003, 27-year-old Aron Ralston amputated his forearm using his pocketknife and breaking and tearing the two bones , after the arm got stuck under a boulder when hiking in Utah.
In 2003, an Australian coal miner amputated his own arm with a Stanley knife after it became trapped when the front-end loader he was driving overturned three kilometers underground.
these are cases of people amputating themselves in order to go on living
Looking at the above, we can deduce that Mr Honourhim (who defined "healing"wink is actually saying Yahweh could've "healed" the diseases that lead to the amputation like "heal" the tree from falling, "heal" the corn harvester from working, "heal" the boulder from trapping
the only sense I can make of this is that Mr Honourhim was extremely myopic to have thought only "diseases" lead to amputation

in fact, diseases far less account for amputation than accidents, consider the below also lead to amputation:

Traffic accidents (cars, motorcycles, bicycles, trains, etc.)
Labor accidents (equipment, instruments, cylinders, chainsaws, press machines, meat machines, wood machines, etc.)
Agricultural accidents, with machines and mower equipment
Electric shock hazards
Violent rupture of ship rope or industry wire rope
Ring traction (ring amputation, de-gloving injuries)
Building doors and car doors
Gas cylinder explosions

a

Ok here you gave me a reminder on other things that can lead to amputation which i didnt think about when i made that statement. The cases you listed here were not diseases i agree but accidents. This case falls under protection. God protects us from situation that can lead us to amputation but if he allows it to happen then thats it. Protection is part of provisions made for us just as healing. The point i was trying to make is that since there is provision for healing diseases and protection against evil then people can be cured of disease that will lead to amputation or protected against situations that will lead to amputation. If God allows them to fall into amputation then it does not mean that God cannot protect rather that is part of the bitter aspect of life they have to face just as everyone of us have bitter sides of life that we have to face. The world is not meant to be a perfect place.

hopefulLandlord:

what did I just read?

my head swelled again in order to make sense of this

why its bullsheeet
what he is saying is that its Yahweh that gave those doctors the ability to make groundbreaking discoveries that have led to cure and prevention of many debilitating diseases, disorders and conditions

for the sake of arguments, let's say this is true

now we will see in the bible that almost every "miracle" performed by Jesus Christ were things that no human at the time cannot possibly do

let's now take a simple look at a particular miracle in the bible

And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed. ” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

as we can see from the above story, she had "suffered a great deal under care of many doctors", meaning she had tried everything medically possible to no avail and must've spent huge money in the process too but Yahweh healed her; Yahweh didn't make doctors find a cure
consider the below example too

Jesus, visiting Jerusalem for a Jewish feast ( John 5:1 ), encounters one of the disabled people who used to lie here, a man who had been paralysed for thirty-eight years. "an angel went down at a certain time into the pool and stirred up the water; then whoever stepped in first, after the stirring of the water, was made well of whatever disease he had" ( John 5:4 - see John 5 ). Jesus asks the man if he wants to get well. The man explains that he is unable to enter the water when the water is stirred up, because he has no one to help in and others go down ahead of him. Jesus tells him to pick up his bed or mat and walk; the man is instantly cured and is able to do so.
as we can also see here, no doctor could help the man, Jesus didn't make doctors find a cure, he cured him
even though Jesus could've simply told the 5000 to go and look for food, he instead decided to feed them with 5 loaves and 2 fishes with many basketfuls of crumbs left, that didn't make the 5000 start depending on him to do it for them day and night did they? did they stop working because they have Jesus that can feed many people miraculously? of course not

when Jesus healed Peter's mother in-law of high fever, did the doctors stop working day and night to find the cause and cure for fever?
did winemakers simply stopped their job because a certain Jesus changed water to wine?
did doctors suddenly stopped working when the Man with withered hands was healed?
did they stop searching for a permanent solution to deafness and muteness when Jesus healed the man at Decapolis?
did all the doctors at Gennesaret suddenly go out of business when Jesus' cloak healed everyone that touched it?

i wonder why Christians conjure up these pathetic excuses when it comes to making a limb grow

really?

we atheists seriously doubt Yahweh's existence, we are not accusing him of incompetence, that's an understatement, we are not even accusing him of anything, we simply don't believe he exists
Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:
Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Matthew 17:20
For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
Matthew 21:22
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
Matthew 18:19
Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
if these verses happen to be true, then healing an amputee shouldn't be something you need to make up excuses for since you have faith
Hell, Jesus even said you guys would do greater works In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14,
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.
we are telling you to do "lesser" work here after all, Making a limb grow is far lesser than making someone that's been dead for about a week to come back to life, isn't it?
we are not telling you to move mount everest to Nigeria

I have already answered this that there is a limit to which we can operate. This does not mean that if God wants to use us to grow limbs he cannot do it. He can do it.

Also note that we are giving various spiritual gifts so its not every christian that has the gift of miracle or the gift of healing. If you dont have the gift of healing you cant heal.
Note again that some of the words that Jesus spoke, such as the ones you quoted above, does not apply generally to all christians. The biblical portion below may help you understand this. Some statements of Jesus are only applicable to the people he has blessed with certain gifts for what he said.

1 cor. 12
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
charix:
You guys are still on this issue? The last thread was closed. It seems you guys want a deletion of this one.

which thread was that?
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

which thread was that?
https://www.nairaland.com/3261481/atheists-lagos-worldwide-come-witness

Funny enough it's open again. It was closed by someone with authority stating the thread only promoted your whatsapp group and nothing else.
Since the thread still exists, why open another?
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
charix:

Funny enough it's open again. It was closed by someone with authority stating the thread only promoted your whatsapp group and nothing else.

My WhatsApp group? I don't have any such group, I maintain strict anonymity, even asterisked the only phone number I posted on that thread which is Naijadeyhia's
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by EyeHateGod: 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2016
hahn:

None of these "miracles" have happened since man invented the camera and started video recording.

Why is that?

Why can't you give me an example of someone on your street or the beggar in your area that was crippled but now walks or even a family member?

Why does god's miracles only exist in the pages of a book of fictional, barbaric and savage medieval history? Why not here and now?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Nobody: 1:30am On Sep 12, 2016
.... Like Carl Sagan said:

"I don't want to believe.
I want to know"

It's funny how no recorded case of an amputee has EVER happened!

1 Like

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by otemanuduno: 1:36am On Sep 12, 2016
yahweh has scammed the whole world, promising shiit he can't do. THE REAL GOD, THE FATHER OF YAHWEH, DID NOT PROMISE HUMANITY A SINGLE HEALING. HE HAS GIVEN ALL CURE TO THE BRAIN, BUT REAL BRAIN HARDWORK CAN GET THEM DONE.

May yahweh(satan) be continuously put to shame in Atum's name, AMEN!
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by honourhim: 6:54am On Sep 12, 2016
SirWere:
.... Like Carl Sagan said:

"I don't want to believe.

I want to know"

It's funny how no recorded case of an amputee has EVER happened!

A Christian here gave one of you a challenge to bring an amputee for him to be prayed for, promising to bear all expenses involved in the trip. Your atheist brother developed cold feet and started giving all sorts of irrelevant excuses even to the disappointment of his fellow atheists.
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 12, 2016
honourhim:

A Christian here gave one of you a challenge to bring an amputee for him to be prayed for, promising to bear all expenses involved in the trip. Your atheist brother developed cold feet and started giving all sorts of irrelevant excuses even to the disappointment of his fellow atheists.
Yeah; I was disappointed too.

But I could see his point. I mean; why waste time and precious money for an event that will probably never happen.

C'mon; what's the point

2 Likes

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by honourhim: 11:47am On Sep 12, 2016
SirWere:
Yeah; I was disappointed too.

But I could see his point. I mean; why waste time and precious money for an event that will probably never happen.

C'mon; what's the point

You people always ask of proof in an argument and now somebody wants to show proof, he chickens out on the grounds of assumption. Does that make sense? No.
Again that does not show sincerity on you people's part on the word "proof" that you make so much noise about.
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
honourhim:

You people always ask of proof in an argument and now somebody wants to show proof, he chickens out on the grounds of assumption. Does that make sense? No.
Again that does not show sincerity on you people's part on the word "proof" that you make so much noise about.

and some other atheists decided to bring an amputee instead, they even said Naijadeyhia shouldn't bother with whatever money he has in mind but our lovely Naijadeyhia either ignored or turned them down

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by oaroloye(m): 11:27pm On Sep 14, 2016
hahn:

Why is that?

OH, REALLY?

YOU HAVE SEEN EVERY PHOTO AND EVERY VIDEO EVER TAKEN SINCE THE CAMERA AND VIDEO WERE RECORDED?

Don't be silly. There is no way that you have done that.

People who Heal and want Healing are generally not interested in recording pictures for the entertainment of Scoffers.

But as for cinematographic recordings, Pentecostal Missionary Pioneer, TOMMY LEE OSBORN, out of TULSA, OKLAHOMA, was the first to film his miracle services around the World, then put these films in Missionary Kits sent to lay preachers to use in places where he could not go.

These battery and hand-operated Cine-Projectors were shown to people, and many of them got Converted and Miraculously Healed, as if T.L. Osborn had been there with them.

These old films are available from T.L. OSBORN MINISTRIES on DVD.

You could order for them, and have them in your hands in a matter of days.

You know a better way to do this?

Why do your modern Military study the work of a man who died over three hundred years before Yahshua was born?

Why do you stock pictures in your art galleries by people dead five hundred years ago, or more?

Why for your Philosophers study Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle?

Why do you had about on vehicles using circular wheels?

Why don't you invent a modern version triangular, maybe or square?

We preach THE WORD OF GOD, not the word of men.

The Scriptures connect us with THE COVENANT WITH GOD.

These Blessings are for the Servants of THE COVENANT.

They are not to "fix Sinners up, so they can continue their lives of Sin."

Even because my people are not that accursed. We don't lose our limbs.

I have been Healed of DRUG-RESISTANT CHRONIC MALARIA- just before I would have died, a n as a result was summarily disowned by my family and exiled from my own people.

I later learned that the head of my family is the head of Juju Worship in our town: everybody knew all about it but me.

Screw anybody who says my Religion is not serious.

Most of the Beggars in my town (ILE-IFE,) are Muslims. Almost all the Cripples are Muslims.

They had rather die crippled as Muslims, than become Christians and be Healed.

The few Cripples who appear to be non-Muslims, are not interested in getting Healed.

Two I know, S. GBODI and S. ADESOKUN are university employees, married with children, and uninterested in being Healed, nor assisting others to be Healed.

One of them goes to WINNER'S CHAPEL- A "FULL GOSPEL" CHURCH I know for a FACT cannot Heal SHIT.

I don't know where the other goes- I assume that it is another useless Full Gospel Church.

I gave them advice, and put necessary materials in their hands myself. But they are not interested in serving Yahshua fully, so I wasted no more time trying to get them Healed.

If they became Full Disciples, they could lose everything they worked for- so they prefer to stay crippled.

The possibly and probably Christian Beggar Cripples are more interested in using their condition to beg cash, than in getting Healed.

Why are you so gullible as to believe your fellow Atheists who told you that that is the case?

How many Healers did they tell you that they investigated, and found false?

Did they tell you of the existence of:

JOHN G. LAKE.
LILLIAN B. YEOMAN.
SMITH WIGGLESWORTH.
F.F. BOSWORTH.
B.B. BOSWORTH.
GORDON LINDSAY.
FRANKLIN CAREY HALL.
KENNETH ERWIN HAGIN.
WILLIAM BRANHAM.
KATHRYN KUHLMAN.
ORAL ROBERTS.
KENNETH COPELAND.
TOMMY LEE OSBORN.
A.A. ALLEN.
MEL TARI.

To name those whose ministries I know well enough to endorse as Healers.

HOW IS YAHSHUA BARBARIC AND SAVAGE?

ETERNAL LIFE is by YAHSHUA- why do your kind ignore him, to talk about those who have nothing to do with his Gospel, having been explicitly declared by him to have failed to attain Level of Enlightenment of The Gospel?
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 10:43pm On Sep 21, 2016

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 4:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
hehe
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by theoneJabulani(m): 6:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

and some other atheists decided to bring an amputee instead, they even said Naijadeyhia shouldn't bother with whatever money he has in mind but our lovely Naijadeyhia either ignored or turned them down
why bother raising the hopes of a poor guy who has come to terms with his disability only to tell him in the end that his faith is not enough or everything happens for a reason?
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by hopefulLandlord: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2016
theoneJabulani:
why bother raising the hopes of a poor guy who has come to terms with his disability only to tell him in the end that his faith is not enough or everything happens for a reason?

true talk
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by omowumeee(f): 11:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
charix:

. that was this voodoo thread https://www.nairaland.com/3290176/tomorrow-prove-me-atheists-voodoo/7 created by someone else.. so when /where is the limb growing ?
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
omowumeee:
. that was this voodoo thread https://www.nairaland.com/3290176/tomorrow-prove-me-atheists-voodoo/7 created by someone else..
Ok, I realized my mistake now.

so when /where is the limb growing ?
No idea. Me well as you are waiting for the miracle to take place.
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Murtadd4Christ: 5:38pm On May 23, 2017
Where are you atheist. Im here give a shout?? Or are you still trying to find morals in humanism and society.. lmk
Re: Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) by Pastafarian: 3:19pm On May 26, 2017
Murtadd4Christ:
Where are you atheist. Im here give a shout?? Or are you still trying to find morals in humanism and society.. lmk

could you be clearer?

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Tribute To Those Who Died In The Akwa Ibom Building Collapse. / DOWNLOAD AUDIO: In Love With You – Sinach (mp3 Download + Lyrics) / Prayer Points Before Paying Your Tithe And Offerings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.