Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,599 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? (56538 Views)

Please Criticize This Floor Plan. Your Opinion Is HIGHLY Appreciated / The 3 Bedroom Bungalow At Oke-aro Now 2.5m, Give Away Price / A Newly Completed Four Bedroom Bungalow With Pictures By A Young Engr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by davodyguy: 7:32am On Sep 13, 2016
The kitchen has issues, regarding its location
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by ifeanyi83(m): 7:32am On Sep 13, 2016
Please forgive me, that can NEVER be the work of an Architect, NEVER!!!...Even a trained draughtsman will produce something better. Engage an Architect and pay for the services. 6-years in school is no joke. Architects in the house know what I mean. Let's stop bastardizing this noble profession. Please.....

4 Likes

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by dijas(m): 7:33am On Sep 13, 2016
yissi:
Good morning house!

We would be building a house starting from next week.
This is the plan the architect drew for me for a four bedroom bungalow. This bungalow will serve as my main residential house.

As they say, two heads are better than one. I would like the house and experts to criticize this plan and offer their views and ideas.

Thanks

how much d he charge y ou.

tell him to put thé design in 3d for u to see t
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by micday81(m): 7:33am On Sep 13, 2016
eljp:
-kitchen location in between 2 bedroom is not advisable & could cos discomfort.
-Kitchen and Dining should be near each other since d kitchen service d dining
-Avoid long lobby
-Cross ventilate ur rooms since there's no assurance of constant light in Nigeria
-What is dat opening between d master bedroom & shop meant for? Why d link by d masters bedroom?
Nice one, but you need to work on the kitchen, the kitchen and the dinning should have a direct interface linking even the sitting room. The kitchen should not be in between the rooms .
I advise the first room by the be taken to where you have the dinning and the dinning be brought to the the first room by the left . Your building will be too long because of the shop attached to the main building.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by arryjosh(m): 7:36am On Sep 13, 2016
The masters bedroom should be far away from the living room... also the master bedroom should be cross ventilated...kitchen not placed in the right section too.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 13, 2016
if you don't intend using the shop as garage, I would advise you to move it to somewhere at the back... then replace it with the kitchen and dining, move the room beside the dinning along with it.
the M b/room should replace the dinning room. the shop should share some space with the restroom attached to the room beside the new M b/room (that is, at the back)

do a rough sketch of what I've just written and see how you can make extra adjustments to avoid excess/ unnecessary protrusion

that's my piece of advice
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by AssoJnr: 7:44am On Sep 13, 2016
yissi:
Good morning house!

This is the plan the architect drew for me for a four bedroom bungalow. This bungalow will serve as my main residential house.

As they say, two heads are better than one. I would like the house and experts to criticize this plan and offer their views and ideas.

Thanks

Well, in designs like this, criticism is allowed but you must also evaluate those criticism based on what you want so long as you would be the one to stay there not based on someone else opinion.
in architectural design, alot of factors are considered which client choice is one of them so as land size. The design you have managed the land well, but the link between the bedroom and the shop might not be necessary, and a toilet of 900mm is rather too small from one of the bedroom, ventilation from the dinning area should serve the passage and the distance between the dinning and kitchen is considerably ok. apart from that the design is ok. design is not always about graphics
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by daremoore(m): 7:48am On Sep 13, 2016
Bro....everything about the drawing is poor. Right from the grids, space allocation, functionality to aesthetics. I can't believe an Architect did the drawings (maybe u meant a draughtman). Make a mistake of going ahead to construct using this plan and u will regret for the rest of ur life.

1 Like

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by AssoJnr: 7:50am On Sep 13, 2016
ifeanyi83:
Please forgive me, that can NEVER be the work of an Architect, NEVER!!!...Even a trained draughtsman will produce something better. Engage an Architect and pay for the services. 6-years in school is no joke. Architects in the house know what I mean. Let's stop bastardizing this noble profession. Please.....

look at this one, what make you think he is not an architect? if you want to criticize the design just do it without condemning someone work you do not know. What makes you a better architect than him? expect you are registered which I don't think so. if your school offer architecture for six years mine was five except you are going for masters straight.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Emeka71(m): 7:53am On Sep 13, 2016
yissi:
Good morning house!

Thanks
Which area are you building your house?
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by fippycbk(m): 7:56am On Sep 13, 2016
We don't charge cheap for a reason... wink
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by alexy2009: 7:56am On Sep 13, 2016
Not Well plan bro smiley, It seemed modernize face me and face u, The Visitor's room must directly open to living room. also the shop must me a stand alone, do not allow access from the shop to the living room because of security reason. consider other comment too.

1 Like

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Leopantro: 7:58am On Sep 13, 2016
learning a lot from here. I think Nigeria is ripe for my project.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by cheezy4whizy: 8:00am On Sep 13, 2016
I think the kitchen is the issue here... well u can pm me for the Electrical wiring. I am an Electrical Enginer
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Maglorix(m): 8:07am On Sep 13, 2016
Can point out many flaw in that floor plan cos I'm a civil and structural engineering student bt that kitchen should be closer to d sitting room and not in between bedrooms...would u pay for aa better plan with all elevations nd sectioning...text me on whatsapp if you're interested 08184985232
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by kinstinct(m): 8:09am On Sep 13, 2016
Fair design. However so many spaces can be better utilised.
1. Flip kitchen/store location
2. Two rooms too small. Reduce shop to 3m and get some space in the rooms
3. Pull out the left side bedroom near the existing building towards left.
4. Master BR not adequately ventilated.
5. Open store to the living room
6. Etc
Simply, redesign.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Archweird(m): 8:18am On Sep 13, 2016
Poor Design..Spaces Are Not Well Coordinated...Void Of Circulation Spaces...Wrong Door Openings...Patronize Maro-Magic Arc & Decor Outfit Today

Remember A Good House Design Is Like A Good & Lovin' Wife That You Return To After The Hard Day's Work...Your House Could Take Care Of Your Stress
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by pring: 8:24am On Sep 13, 2016
As an architect, i will boldly tell u this is not done by an architect.
This is wack.
Master bedroom has no cross ventilation.
Kitchen is on d opposite side of dinning.
New designs comes with ante room
No good home circulation.
etc
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by decub: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2016
yissi:
Good morning house!

Thanks
Personally, I have a problem with the overall design because the house is too rectangular to proffer a better shape. How many cars do you intend to park there? If not much, you need to reshape the design first.

The length of that lobby makes it difficult for natural light to illuminate and the place will somewhat become dark after 3metres.

People have talked about the kitchen position which is non ideal. If you have limited land space, you can reduce the number of rooms to 3 to make the overall building more airy, or better still, forget or disconnect the shop from the main building.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by ArcEmmanuel(m): 8:29am On Sep 13, 2016
yissi:
Good morning house!

Thanks
oga this design looks like 1980 type of designs... it is far from what modern bungalows look like..
first, there is no ante room and the dinning is so exposed to the front door.
the kitchen is far from dinning and in between two bedrooms. without a sitout
and i dont like the position of the master's bedroom.
i believe you deserves something good. cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by AlexanderDGreat: 8:30am On Sep 13, 2016
Kitchen is too far from the dinning. Master's room view to road blocked by shop. Please the plan looks too local. Contact a professional architect for a nice plan.
yissi:
Good morning house!

Thanks
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by itsede: 8:35am On Sep 13, 2016
Quack job on display. I do not advice you use this fake inexperience work.

1 Like

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by emmaliver(m): 8:43am On Sep 13, 2016
They have told u na
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by haywire07(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2016
yissi:
Good morning house!

Thanks

Note: I'm an architect but I'm not in anyway trying to make ur designer feel lesser.

The design is most likely to be designed by a draftsman or a 100level student .

1. I'd like you to picture how you would arrange your furniture plus where to place your tv. You would notice there's 2% circulation. You can't walk freely without having to dodge the chairs or obstructing sm1 watching d TV . In other words, the doors and openings needs to be rearranged for efficient circulation

2. Even if a room won't be cross ventilated, it shouldn't be the masters bedroom. Masters fa haa angry !!!

3. The shop is well placed I must agree, but how would a dining be far from a kitchen. So u must first tell everyone to sit still because a load of food is coming from d dining . Make person no pour hot beans ontop her pikin head o.

4. Aesthetically, picture how d building will look . How will u choose to giv design to an architect and ur house will look Like those houses u will find in interior places of Osun state, like ede , iwo grin grin na joke o. But I don't agree aesthetically wit d design sir .

5. I know you are trying to manage space and money, but tell ur draftsman to rearrange those spaces .

1 Like

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by helovesme(f): 9:08am On Sep 13, 2016
daremoore:
Bro....everything about the drawing is poor. Right from the grids, space allocation, functionality to aesthetics. I can't believe an Architect did the drawings (maybe u meant a draughtman). Make a mistake of going ahead to construct using this plan and u will regret for the rest of ur life.

I agree. If yissi goes ahead with this plan, he's really going to regret it once he starts living inside the house. I mean, who places a kitchen between two bedrooms ?

A first year university student with basic understanding of Architecture 101 can come up with a much better plan.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Abenoty: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2016
The drawing was not made by a professional, the kitchen position is awkward, the toilets are scattered and the hall way or passage does not have ventilation. ...please consult a professional for a good work.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by BRAINCRASH(m): 9:22am On Sep 13, 2016
Yissi....My humble advise is that.....when next you want to build....look for an Architect.....A very cheap Architect will not give you what you want....more so.....always ask to see some of their works with their names on it......don't look at elevations cos you'll get deceived......and let your Architect have an established office and people should be able to commend his works within his environment.......even if its only in the design stage you involve the Architect....it will save you much more.....Every good Architect wants his design to be taken anywhere without fear of criticism....my Humble advise.....Thanks,.....
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by onmile(f): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2016
He requested for floor plan in 2d drawings(autocad)not revit design& 3ds, how do you want him to see your floor plan,yes you can show picture but not an answer to his request.

Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by tunapawizzy: 9:32am On Sep 13, 2016
I do not like the fact ur master bedroom is easily accessible from d living room, d kitchen should be close to d dining area,
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by ifeanyi83(m): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2016
AssoJnr:

look at this one, what make you think he is not an architect? if you want to criticize the design just do it without condemning someone work you do not know. What makes you a better architect than him? expect you are registered which I don't think so. if your school offer architecture for six years mine was five except you are going for masters straight.

So I take it you're an Architect also. So I expect you know better. I don't claim to know it all, but this one my brother, is way way below standards both in design and presentation. You know these things. And a point of correction, that one is registered doesn't make you a good architect, it only makes you eligible to practice. If you have time, please read about Demas Nwoko.
Re: Please Criticize This Four Bedroom Bungalow Plan? by Bakason247(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2016
KingGeorgey:
Here's my design of a four bedroom bungalow.. M a civil engineer... But mine doesn't have a shop but it does have a bedsitter attached to it , revert with a mail address for the Archi..this is 3D

Please forward to

climaxvetagric@gmail.com or accounts@aiml.com.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Drone Footage Of Massive Structures To Be Demolished In Lagos / Building A Bungalow In Lagos / America’s Most Expensive Home, The $139 Million Gold Plated Mansion In Florida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.