Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,000 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god (650 Views)

The Creative Realm(4) / The Creative Realm(4) / The Creative Realm(2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 11:09am On Sep 11, 2016
Even though I believe in a creative intelligence that created the universe though not in a religious sense, have always been unable to bring my self to believe that this creative intelligence just found himself infinitely intelligent and has always been like that without any process of development.
I think atheist are right in saying, if a complex universe or life cannot exist without a complex intelligence to create it, then it will be also wise and rational of us to infer that this complex intelligence necessary to create complex life will also need a more complex intelligence to create it etc.
But what if we drop the idea of an always perfect and complete God needing no development and open to the possibility that maybe this creative intelligence hasn't always been like that, what if He has been and still undergoes development and what if there is no end to this development, just like when life begins has a very simple unicellular organism till it reached the complexity we can observe as nature.
This brings us to the conclusion that even though the creative intelligence that Created the universe is so intelligent that we're at awe of His intelligence, His intelligence is a product of His development and since there is no end to His development, it can also be said that He is and cannot reach a state where we can say He is prefect because perfection implies that all development as seized. This idea also provides the answer to the question that, if "God" has always been perfect and infinitely intelligence, what has He been doing before creation started? But the conclusion here provides the answer that He started from the simplest of intelligence and has been developing ever since before His intelligence reaches a state that can then start creating.
To understand this, can you remember the age you can say your awareness or intelligence started? if we all look back, we can see there is a process of awareness and intelligence development and can't pin point exactly when. The more we remember the less clarity we have until everything is just blank. what if the awareness or intelligence of this great mind is just like that, what if He can also look back till everything remain vague, vague then blank.
I know this conclusion is a little bit strange but this is what make sense to me at least as at now. And before you argue that this reasoning is absurd, I will be later posting from a book titled FREEDOM OF CHOICE by Thomas Chalko, this is a thought provoking and strengthening book you can download the book and read yourself because I can post everything here. He explained it better than I can, so sit back and enjoy it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 11:38am On Sep 11, 2016
In my perception, I see this creative intelligence we call God as once a primordial "seed" that has an unlimited potential of development in intelligence, awareness etc. This primordial seed then started development step by step in a VERY long process till it reaches a state of sufficient intelligence and awareness to start the creation process. And just as a matured life eg tree, animal etc produces "seed" identical to them having likewise unlimited possibility of development, this primordial seed at a stage also produces seeds able to develop and later at a stage also produce seeds etc.
What if we're this seeds of the primordial seed having the same potential. Maybe this is why many school of thoughts call human gods, what if what really is is this primordial seed reproducing itself infinitely.
Everywhere in creation we see everything starts from a very simple states then develops from that to untold complexity, what if as above so below?
Even though this looks somehow, this idea of God starting from the lowest state possible, undergoing development till He reaches what we know today is more rational to me than to imagine that He has always been infinitely intelligent, powerfully etc. Your opinion is also welcome.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by Ranchhoddas: 12:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
If this is the case, then it is also logical to assume that this Intelligence will reach a peak someday, ie the point at which it will not 'grow' again. A being with a beginning has to have an end. This Intelligence cannot be immortal/eternal.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by agwom(m): 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:00pm On Sep 11, 2016
From the book: FREEDOM OF CHOICE
EASY QUESTIONS
What is easier? To make a house or bring a dead body to Life? In other words, is it easier to create a house or create Life? It is MUCH easier to make a house than create Life. Please think carefully if you have any doubts about that. If you are absolutely sure about the correctness of the above answer, you are ready for the next question. Do you think that a house could create itself, without anyone designing it? What if we could wait a LONG time? Indefinitely long? Can a house really make itself? With windows, doors, carpets, tiles, electrical installations, plumbing, conveniences etc.? Can we determine exactly what is the CHANCE of a house building itself? From our experience, we have to conclude, that a house cannot just build itself. The probability of a house creating itself is ZERO.
But WHY cannot a house build itself? A house cannot build itself, because it takes Intellect and INTELLIGENCE to imagine, design, construct, test and improve a house to make it useful. We have to conclude that Intellect and Intelligence have to exist BEFORE a house can be built, simply because a house has to be IMAGINED, before it can be even designed. Please make sure that before you proceed to the next section of this book, you fully understand the above conclusion and you do not have any doubt about it.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2016

The First BIG Step We have just agreed that Life is much more difficult to create than a house. So, if the probability of a house creating itself is zero, the probability of Life creating itself is even less !!! We have to conclude, that Life could NOT just create itself. So, All Life must be by DESIGN. Intellect and Intelligence had to exist before any Life existed. Why? Simply because Life had to be IMAGINED and then designed. Like a house. How much Intellect and Intelligence is needed to design Life? A little or a LOT? I am sure you will agree, that a Great Intellect indeed is needed to design Life. So Great in fact, that it may be impossible for us to imagine today. We can summarize our discussion so far in the following statement: GREAT Intellect had to exist FIRST – before any Life in the Universe came to existence.
I would like to stress both words: GREAT and the INTELLECT, because without phenomenal Intelligence - Life just couldn’t happen. Remember - you agreed, when reading the previous chapter, that even a house cannot be created without Intelligence. And you also agreed that Life required far greater intelligence to be designed than a house.
Please make sure that you truly understand what we are talking about here. There is little point of reading further if you do not understand and agree with the above statement.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2016

THE FIRST BIG STEP

We have just agreed that Life is much more difficult to create than a house. So, if the probability of a house creating itself is zero, the probability of Life creating itself is even less !!! We have to conclude, that Life could NOT just create itself. So, All Life must be by DESIGN. Intellect and Intelligence had to exist before any Life existed. Why? Simply because Life had to be IMAGINED and then designed. Like a house. How much Intellect and Intelligence is needed to design Life? A little or a LOT? I am sure you will agree, that a Great Intellect indeed is needed to design Life. So Great in fact, that it may be impossible for us to imagine today. We can summarize our discussion so far in the following statement: GREAT Intellect had to exist FIRST – before any Life in the Universe came to existence.
I would like to stress both words: GREAT and the INTELLECT, because without phenomenal Intelligence - Life just couldn’t happen. Remember - you agreed, when reading the previous chapter, that even a house cannot be created without Intelligence. And you also agreed that Life required far greater intelligence to be designed than a house.
Please make sure that you truly understand what we are talking about here. There is little point of reading further if you do not understand and agree with the above statement.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
If this is the case, then it is also logical to assume that this Intelligence will reach a peak someday, ie the point at which it will not 'grow' again. A being with a beginning has to have an end. This Intelligence cannot be immortal/eternal.
I urge you to follow this thread, the author explains it better, maybe you will find your answer.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
If so; then his wills and thought will change with each progressing leap of intelligence and his rules and commandments will change.

Well; if they do change; always; the least we can get is a continued renewal of his holy book( Bible, Quran, Vedas, Ifa panegyrics gringrin).

Oh; and you shot yourself in the foot when mentioning DESIGN

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by Ranchhoddas: 1:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
justlove91:

I urge you to follow this thread, the author explains it better, maybe you will find your answer.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 5:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
SirWere:
If so; then his wills and thought will change with each progressing leap of intelligence and his rules and commandments will change.

Well; if they do change; always; the least we can get is a continued renewal of his holy book( Bible, Quran, Vedas, Ifa panegyrics gringrin).

Oh; and you shot yourself in the foot when mentioning DESIGN
When I say creative intelligence, am not talking about Allah Jehovah or any religious God.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2016
THE CONCEPT OF THE PURPOSE

Can you imagine anyone EXTREMELY intelligent designing something with NO purpose and for NO reason? Hence, the next conclusion is that Life MUST have a PURPOSE. The remainder of this book focuses on the most important and possibly the most difficult issue imaginable – on discovering and proving The Purpose of the entire Universe and Life in particular. Prepare your imagination and intellect to stretch to the limits you never thought possible. If you can meet the challenge, even to a limited extent, you will know for SURE your place and perspectives in the Universe. You will no longer need to “believe” anyone and anything. YOU WILL KNOW. For sure. Wouldn’t you like to see your life from the widest perspective imaginable? Wouldn’t you like to KNOW what is really going on in the Universe and WHAT FOR? Why did it happen? Why it HAD TO happen? Many great individuals in the distant past tried to explain some aspects of The Purpose to people who couldn’t even start understanding what they heard. Since they couldn’t understand much – they developed various "beliefs".
But “suspecting” or “believing” in The Purpose and PROVING it comprehensively to EVERY INDIVIDUAL, including YOURSELF are totally different things. The insight and understanding that I would like to share with you in this book was developed gradually, over four decades of trials and errors, followed by 5 years of meditation and intensive concentration, several hours each day. Communicating it to you is the most difficult task in my life so far. Understanding The Purpose and proving it to myself, although a great challenge in itself, was not as difficult as expressing it for other people to understand. Why? Because it takes TWO minds to have truly effective communication. I know myself but I do not know YOU. I simply do not know what information and which examples from Nature would stimulate your imagination most effectively. Before I started writing, I tried to express my discovery to several carefully chosen friends, to whom I am very grateful for their feedback. Almost all of them were deeply moved and suggested to “write this down”. So, here it is. First - let us consider The Beginning. Everything has to have a beginning. Do you agree?
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 5:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
THE BEGINNING

Imagine The Beginning. The Beginning of Everything. There is NOTHING. Absolutely Nothing - no space, no time, no perception, no consciousness - nothing. Can you imagine TRUE NOTHING? I know that it is hard, but try... Imagine theoretical, hypothetical, absolute NOTHING that had to exist before anything else in The Beginning. The Beginning of Everything. Try to imagine NOTHING in your mind. Now, how many absolute "Nothings" like that can exist? If you say 2 or more - neither of them will be "nothing" anymore - there will be 2 of "something" that you defined and distinguished as 2 separate "things". So, we have to conclude, that in The Beginning - there could only be ONE NOTHING. Singularity. Hence, the entire Universe must be a Single Process – no matter how complicated it seems to us and no matter how limited is our perception and interpretation of it.
Incidentally, everything that our astronomers can perceive in the Universe seems to originate from the Single Point in Space – called by scientists the Centre of the Big Bang.
Is it a coincidence?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 5:40pm On Sep 11, 2016
DEVELOPMENT OF INTELLECT

Let’s examine what are essential conditions for intellect to develop. Is it possible to “record” or “transmit” intellect from one living creature to another? If it was – we would be teaching monkeys and chickens at Universities. Can one person learn and another become more intelligent as a result? Not really. Is it possible to develop intellect without practicing any thinking? Highly unlikely. The only necessary condition for development of intellect seems to be the INTENT of intellect ITSELF. Nothing else is needed – only the intent to think. From the above consideration it is clear that Intellect can ONLY develop ITSELF. No one else can make us more intelligent and wise – only ourselves. Is that not so? So, the key property of intellect is that it can develop ITSELF in the direction of its own INTENT. Now try to imagine what would happen to intellect, if it did NOT have the intent to develop itself. What would happen to your own intellect if you decided NOT to use it at all?
Suppose that you decided NOT to think. It is clear, that in time your intellect would decay and regress significantly. So, intellect has a motive to develop itself. The best and the most logical choice for intellect – is to grow and expand itself. Otherwise it decays and in the extreme case it may even cease to exist. Isn’t it a pleasant feeling to become more intelligent and knowledgeable? Would you consider choosing the opposite? Would you have a desire to become less intelligent? Please keep answers to the above questions in your mind – you may need them very soon.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2016
WHERE IS INTELLECT?
What is the difference between a living body and a dead body at the moment of death? Every organ in both cases is exactly the same. Even every atom is the same. So what is the difference? “Consciousness is gone” as many experts would say. Gone WHERE? And where is it when we are alive anyway? Surely NOT in any organ, or even not in any atom of our body – because they all remain exactly the same at the point of death. Organs and atoms are not “going” anywhere. They stay the same, and only later do they decay. From this simple example, we have to conclude that consciousness as well as intellect (which is a certain aspect of consciousness), exist independently of the material reality that is composed of atoms. Where are they? We do not know yet2, but it doesn’t mean that we cannot study them. However, it is clear, that using material technology (any instrument made from atoms) to study consciousness and intellect may not be a very good idea. The MIND should be our instrument. Let’s use it.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
THE ORIGIN OF INTELLECT
We agreed that in The Beginning there was a Singular Nothing. We also agreed, that before Life could come to existence – there had to exist a Great Intellect who designed it. How could a Great Intellect come to existence? Could it come to existence from and In the Nothing? Well, we have just discovered, by examining certain aspects of ourselves in one of the previous sections of this book, that intellect CAN and actually DOES develop itself. You have a proof of it within your OWN intellect. Indeed, when you sincerely and thoroughly examine Your Self – you will find that your own intellect has expanded itself from a very simple awareness, so simple in fact, that you may not even consciously remember it. So, we have a very logical sequence. The Intellect developed ITSELF from the simplest possible awareness – just as our intellect did. In other words, the awareness of Nothing expanded itself - much as OUR awareness did. That's why it is SO important to study ourselves – it is the only way to understand Consciousness.
From awareness - consciousness of "being", intelligence and Intellect developed - all by ITSELF and with ITSELF. Nothing else was needed - only the INTENT of Intellect to think by itself – at every stage of its own development.3 We have already established that one of the most pleasurable and satisfying activities for Intellect is to develop ITSELF. Hence, it is almost certain, that after sufficient amount of thinking The Intellect became very evolved - from and in the Nothing. Apart from the pleasure of developing itself, what OTHER essential needs of The Advanced Intellect can we identify beyond any doubt? What would satisfy The Great Intellect and Intelligence of the Designer of Life? It seems impossible to say... However, we CAN determine the needs of OUR intellect, can’t we? Let’s try to establish what activities are the most satisfying for YOUR intelligence and intellect. Imagine that you have no physical body - only intellect and intelligence. What would be the most pleasant and most satisfying activity for your intellect? The ULTIMATE activity? That would NEVER be boring, that you would like doing indefinitely long?
It is purely about yourself. The better you understand the answer - the closer you will approach complete understanding of the Purpose of the entire Universe. For this reason, I suggest that you THINK about the answer to this question, before you continue reading.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:08pm On Sep 13, 2016
INTELLECTUAL NEEDS
We have already established that one of the most pleasurable and satisfying activities for Intellect is to develop ITSELF. Have you discovered anything else trying to answer questions from the previous chapter? Have you found any other ESSENTIAL needs for YOUR intellect? What about a need for FEELINGS? What particular feeling is the most pleasant and always satisfying? Isn’t it LOVING and being LOVED? Indeed, just by examining ourselves we can establish with a high degree of certainty, that ANY advanced intellect has a NEED for Higher Feelings, such as Love. So, without any doubts, we can conclude that The Great Intellect also had a NEED to experience Higher Feelings. It needed to Love and to be Loved. What exactly is “True Love”? It is very difficult to define this blissful “state” of mind and intellect with any precision. One thing is certain, however. In order to experience Love – an exchange of feelings has to take place. To experience Love – we need to give Love and also experience being loved. Do you want a proof? Imagine that one of the above is missing.....
Hence, for Love to be complete and truly fulfilling it has to be a mutual exchange of feelings. Exchange of feelings? With WHOM ? There is no one else! The Intellect is alone in the Nothing! So, The Intellect, at a certain level of its evolution (only then!), develops a NEED for certain sensations, that w e call "feelings". In particular, it imagines a very special, blissful EXCHANGE of feelings that we now call LOVE. But to make such an exchange possible – The Intellect needs a “company” of other "individual intellects" to make such a pleasant exchange POSSIBLE. Do you know how to DESIGN a system, in which the possibility of experiencing Love is maximized? Let’s explore some key aspects of such a design.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:10pm On Sep 13, 2016
DESIGNING FOR LOVE
Can you force anyone to love you? Can you demand being loved? Would you really love someone if there are “conditions” attached? What happens to true Love in these situations? The moment we try to force anyone to love us, or impose any conditions, the Higher feeling that we call Love – simply stops existing. It is instantly replaced by feelings of bitterness, disappointment and even deceit, as soon as any conditions are discovered. This is a very “delicate situation” – to say the least. From the above, it is clear that: In order to experience True Love - the autonomy of individual intellects cannot be in any way compromised. Individual intellects have to CHOOSE themselves to give their Highest feelings to other individual intellects by their OWN Free Will. Hence, we can define the autonomy of the “individual intellects” as a necessary condition in "designing for love".
Without the autonomy of “individual intellects” – no possibility of Love exists. An essential part of this individual autonomy is the unconstrained Freedom of Choice, or Free Will. Should there be any limits to such an autonomy of the “individual intellect”? If there is any limit whatsoever in The Design – as soon as it is discovered by the “individual intellect” – it would induce very unpleasant feelings of disappointment and deceit. So, In the Design for Love, autonomy of the individual intellect should be unlimited.
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by justlove91(m): 1:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
CONSEQUENCES OF AUTONOMY
Since “individual intellects” must have unlimited autonomy, there is no guarantee that they will choose to Love you once they become autonomous. Since their autonomy must be unlimited and cannot be interfered with – individual intellects may choose whatever other activity or feeling they imagine. It is important to note, that their choices will be limited only by their OWN intellect. (Remember the story of the dog?) What can be done to inspire these “individual autonomous intellects”, so they CHOOSE the path of Love by their OWN Free Will? This is a very delicate situation indeed, because such an inspiration must in no way interfere with ANY aspect of the autonomy of the individual intellect. At this point we should remind ourselves one of our earlier conclusions, that Higher Feelings such as Love are only possible if intellect is sufficiently well developed. The more developed the individual Intellect is – the Higher Feelings it can experience. Hence – Creating conditions for the DEVELOPMENT of autonomous individual intellect is another necessary condition for experiencing Higher Feelings.
Not only is the development of intellect the most logical choice, and a very pleasant activity for intellect itself, but it is the essential condition for creating, developing and experiencing Higher Feelings, including Love. Should this “development of individual intellect” be limited in any way? Would you impose a limit on the intelligence that your own children can achieve? Again, if there is any limit whatsoever in the Design – as soon as it is discovered by the “individual intellect” – it will cause extremely unpleasant feelings of disappointment and deceit. Any chance of achieving Higher Feelings would be completely eliminated. Hence - There CANNOT be any limit in the development of the individual intellect. So, truly High Feelings can only be expected from those “individual intellects” who choose to develop themselves sufficiently AND choose to Love the Designer by their Free Will. But even if the autonomy and development opportunities for “individual intellects” are both unlimited – there is still no guarantee that they choose the Path of Love. In case they do not – there is no point in Designing them to start with. What for? To disturb The Great Intellect? Would you design a System that would greatly disturb your Intellect?
Re: The Evolution Of The Creative Intelligence /god by koolnd: 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2018
God, Creativity and Process: A Critical Evaluation of the Philosophy of Whitehead

God, he contended was at an earlier stage, primordial and a non-temporal actual entity and obviously devoid of any physical dimension, being an entirely conceptual act of valuation of pure eternal objects. That is why, accordingly Whitehead described God as “…the non-temporal act of all-inclusive unfettered valuation”3 because all eternal objects are valued in it and the divine actual entity is non-derivative.

http://www.scharticles.com/god-creativity-and-process/

(1) (Reply)

Religion: A Tool For Love Or Separation / Did Adam Eat Another Apple? / No Topic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.