Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday (936 Views)

"I Was Mercilessly Slapped And Robbed On The Eko Bridge" - Nigerian Lady / Lady Robbed On Eko Bridge Last Night Narrates Her Traumatizing Experience / Couple Robbed On Their Wedding Day In Benue State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by kayo80(m): 11:18am On Sep 11, 2016
I want to put this up for record purposes. Someone might learn a thing or two from it, and avoid the place at night.

Yesterday, I was going for a function in Ijebu Ode from Ibadan. The plan was to take a bus from Ibadan and drop at Sagamu junction (Sagamu Exchange), and my friend would come pick me up from there to Ijebu Ode. There was traffic all over Ibadan and also on Lagos Ibadan express yesterday, and the 1 hour journey took me about 4 hours.

I got to Sagamu Exchange around 7:30, and I turned around to pee as I called my friend. Next thing I know there was a cutlass to my neck, and the guy said If I struggled, he won't hesitate to slice my neck. He stood in that position, while the three others emptied my pockets. They took my phone, wallet, watch...I was lucky my ATM card was in my left breast pocket, which was pinned down, and the guy that tried to open it had shaky hands and gave up after a while.

Funny thing is, these guys were teenagers. About 18-19. After the robbery, I climbed the bridge heading to Sagamu, and I was lucky to see someone drive me down to Sagamu. I stopped at the first police station I saw to report the case. They weren't too shocked, as they said someone had come in to report a similar case a few minutes ago and that they had sent a patrol car to the very location. I spoke to some of the top police men in the station, and they were all like, 'why would you go and drop at that junction.' I guess the place is a dangerous stop. But what I didn't like about the whole thing was the fact that they didn't collect any statement from me. I was sticking around, thinking they would record the case, but they didn't. I guess they didn't want to look like they were not doing their job properly.

Anyway, I am glad I didn't get injured or anything, and I just want others to learn from my story. Thank you.
Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by yanabasee(m): 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thank God for ur Life.....

Police are paid to extort n manipulate Nigerian citizens.... They don't work!
Happy sunday n sallah in advance!

2 Likes

Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by kayo80(m): 12:26pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:
Thank God for ur Life.....

Police are paid to extort n manipulate Nigerian citizens.... They don't work!

Happy sunday n sallah in advance!

Thanks.
Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by kabrud: 1:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
Even without this hint, considering that Lagos state has a good number of these Igbos, I'm always extra careful whenever I have any reason to be there. grin
@op, good job.

2 Likes

Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by Opistorincos(m): 2:43pm On Sep 11, 2016
Thank God for your life @op

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by kayo80(m): 3:19pm On Sep 11, 2016
Opistorincos:
Thank God for your life @op

Thank you.
Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by Fourwinds: 4:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
don't ever stop at dat place at nite.!!

three states meet there: Lagos., Ogun., Oyo

1 Like

Re: I Was Robbed On Lagos Ibadan Express (sagamu Exhange Junction) Yesterday by kayo80(m): 4:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
Fourwinds:
don't ever stop at dat place at nite.!!

three states meet there: Lagos., Ogun., Oyo

Hmm!

(1) (Reply)

. / Shocking: See What Happened To This Lady After She Slept With A Strange Man / My Experience With A Pickpocket At Oshodi Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.