Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,089 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:36 PM

4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly (931 Views)

I Will Address Issues Of Lop-sided Appointments, Insecurity - Buhari / Transcript Of President Buhari’s Speech At 72nd United Nations General Assembly / 7 Issues President Buhari Failed To Address In Broadcast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016
By Ojo Damilare Opeyemi,

President Muhammadu Buhari will next week lead the Federal Government delegation to New York, the United States, where he will address the 71st regular session of the United Nations General Assembly on September 21, 2016.

According to Brainnews NG, Buhari will be joining other world leaders to address issues of global importance as well as those peculiar to their different countries and regions. According to the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, efforts have been made to keep the number of contingents to its barest minimum unlike other trips, adding that only those who have something concrete to contribute have been selected for the trip.

Here are 4 issues the President is set to address at the United Nations General Assembly.

1. Recovery of looted and illicit funds

Since assuming office, President Buhari has vowed to recover funds stolen by government officials from the past administration. The United Nations General Assembly presents an ample opportunity to build on his excellent relationship with other world leaders and demand the recovery of illicit and looted funds which has been stalled by administrative and legal issues.

2. Candidature for various international agencies

Despite having candidates for positions in International Civil Aviation Authority and the United Nations Human Rights Council, President Buhari would also push for the candidature of Nigerians into various international agencies which has influence on UN policy and programmes globally especially a seat at the Human Rights Council election coming towards the end of this year. The Federal Government will also canvass the election of an Afro-centric UN Secretary-General, who will be pro-developing countries.

3. National security, humanitarian crisis and economic development

In view of the current situation of the country, the President would engage world leaders in discussions and seek their support in the areas of security, anti-corruption, governance and the economy.

It is another opportunity to engage world leaders and address poverty, refugee issues and irregular migrants. The US / Africa business forum will also be used to attract a huge foreign direct investment from the United States. Furthermore, the President would seek for more international support in tackling the issue of internally displaced persons in the North East, and the humanitarian crisis in the Lake Chad region which would cost $15billion.

4. Paris Agreement on Climate Change

With over 195 countries having adopted the first-ever universal, legally binding global climate deal, President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to sign the Paris Agreement on Climate Change which the United States and China, had earlier signed.

The agreement sets out a global action plan to put the world on track to avoid dangerous climate change by limiting global warming to 2°C which is due to enter into force in 2020.

Source: http://brainnewsng.com/here-are-4-issues-president-muhammadu-buhari-is-set-to-address-at-the-united-nations-general-assembly/

Lalasticlala

Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by GMbuharii: 11:29am On Sep 11, 2016
Well op,i hope the #1 surely includes the Abacha loot cos we all know his stance on that.

5. "...ZHE KWANTIRI IZZA PANTASTICALLY KWARRAPT"...

1 Like

Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by yanabasee(m): 11:41am On Sep 11, 2016
I hope the president won't go out there and make blunders like the western germany!

And enough of this travelling already! When will he get tired of always travelling?

1 Like

Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by StepTwo: 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2016
i hope he discusses kwarafshan and tell the world how kwaraft Nigerians are and how it is not good for investors to trust Nigerians with their investments.
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by osile2012: 12:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
[size=18pt]Lets watch and see[/size]
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by agwom(m): 12:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
sai baba!
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by OfficialAwol(m): 12:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
Paraphrase and say what they will write for Buhari to read at UN General assembly.

Dont lecture me on how no president writes his speech. i just want you to know that Buhari is a dullard and does not understand anything about foreign policy nor the intricacies of world politics.

Okay?
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
yanabasee:
I hope the president won't go out there and make blunders like the western germany!

And enough of this travelling already! When will he get tired of always travelling?

Calm down.

And accept change. lol
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by ademusiwa11a: 1:47pm On Sep 11, 2016
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by nototribalist: 1:57pm On Sep 11, 2016
Smh

Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by OnucheAdams: 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
Hi biggest issue is to get the audience to understand the contents of his incoherent speech...
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:49pm On Sep 11, 2016
OnucheAdams:
Hi biggest issue is to get the audience to understand the contents of his incoherent speech...

Hmmmmmmmmm

Why na?
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 2:50pm On Sep 11, 2016
nototribalist:
Smh

Whats This?
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
OfficialAwol:
Paraphrase and say what they will write for Buhari to read at UN General assembly.

Dont lecture me on how no president writes his speech. i just want you to know that Buhari is a dullard and does not understand anything about foreign policy nor the intricacies of world politics.

Okay?

Hmmmmmmm
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
GMbuharii:
Well op,i hope the #1 surely includes the Abacha loot cos we all know his stance on that.

5. "...ZHE KWANTIRI IZZA PANTASTICALLY KWARRAPT"...

Really?

How did you know?
Re: 4 Issues President Buhari Will Address At The United Nations General Assembly by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
ademusiwa11a:

You must be confused?

(1) (Reply)

I Did My Best As Governor Of Edo State – Lucky Igbinedion / "My Encounter With Osun State Governor" -- Facebook User / EFCC Said NO, MMM Is Not Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.