Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,020 members, 7,825,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" (18396 Views)

Akwa Ibom Primary School Pupils Squeeze & Lie On The Floor To Write Exams (pics) / How Do I Answer Jamb Questions / Students Lie-Down To Receive Lessons In A Ghanaian School (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 12, 2016
My loyalty to this company is definitely such that I would be tempted to lie to protect it but, i would be putting the integrity of the company in jeopardy if I lied as a staff member. And because this company values its integrity above all else, I am left with no other option than to remain honest at all times. This works out well because it does not clash with my personal values.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by phoneport(m): 6:43am On Sep 12, 2016
Why even work for any company, when you should start your own.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by pippimp(m): 6:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Enrichlee:
Its a tricky question and it requires a more tricky answer. From personal experience, all I did was to answer that I will never do anything that will put the company in harm's way. The interviewer asked further to be specific Yes or No but I still maintained my answer.

You should have added, "and not put myself in direct conflict with the law". What kind of useless company is that?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Deluxewize(m): 6:47am On Sep 12, 2016
My reply would be - if I should lie to protect or promote the company, then definitely one day soon I might also have to lie to the company..
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by donbenedict(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2016
Brightgem:
Something like, I believe this company is founded on intergrity, trust... so the question is would this company ever give me a reason to have lie on its behalf.
l love you kiss
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Artistree: 6:52am On Sep 12, 2016
general111:
Telling them a yes won't give you a job because it shows you are not honest. I will tell them no, that if the company drives me to lie, then I will resign.. Afraid go catch them.. . grin grin
Best comment ever!
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Subconscious(m): 6:55am On Sep 12, 2016
Even if you don't lie ....

You selling a lie working for the company .....Airtel and co
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by ministeriallist: 6:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Tell them you don't lie, you only manage information. In fact you can serve as Information Minister.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by sisisioge: 7:01am On Sep 12, 2016
Mynd44:
Reply thus

"As long as my salary alerts gets in 28th of every month, I will lie to my mother, wife, kids and dog. In fact, I am lying right now sef"

Happy sallah baby boy...abi make I say Oga grin
I no mind meat o cool
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Kylekent59: 7:02am On Sep 12, 2016
It is very easy. U know everything is easy on my side.
All you have to tell them is that if the company falls u fall also, cus it is from them u are getting ur daily bread. So u will do anything possible nt to become a beggar
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Mobi47(m): 7:05am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:
I'm a xtian who believed in thou shall not lie! This an interview question how can i answer,
there are good lies nd bad lies. e.g peter lied not to have known Jesus nd was not killed along with Jesus. Assuming he said the truth, he would have been killed nd would not have been the 1st pop in the Catholic Church. I hv many example from d bible to give u but gat no time now. d koko is that if u are lying for a good reason, then its not bad.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by femi4: 7:07am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:
I'm a xtian who believed in thou shall not lie! This an interview question how can i answer,
capital NO....your integrity superceed other integrity not even for your family
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Respecter(f): 7:07am On Sep 12, 2016
eleojo23:
A company that requires me to lie has no integrity in the first place undecided
you are right.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Prinzecharlez(m): 7:10am On Sep 12, 2016
Mynd44:
Reply thus

"As long as my salary alerts gets in 28th of every month, I will lie to my mother, wife, kids and dog. In fact, I am lying right now sef"
Geez! This really cracked me up
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by femi4: 7:12am On Sep 12, 2016
Mobi47:
there are good lies nd bad lies. e.g peter lied not to have known Jesus nd was not killed along with Jesus. Assuming he said the truth, he would have been killed nd would not have been the 1st pop in the Catholic Church. I hv many example from d bible to give u but gat no time now. d koko is that if u are lying for a good reason, then its not bad.
Stop quoting the scripture wrongly.

The Peter that lied had not received the baptism of the holy spirit. We were better than the Peter that lied cos we have the holy spirit teaching us to say NO to every form of ungodliness

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by janvier27(m): 7:14am On Sep 12, 2016
'Lie and integrity don't go together. I am sure we can work to avoid such situation. However be assured of my loyalty to the company always.'
The interviewer is not likely to insist on a yes/no answer.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Nobody: 7:20am On Sep 12, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Samtob90(m): 7:21am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:

If the organisation has integrity, there is no way to lie as integrity itself means being honest and truthful.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Pennywise(m): 7:23am On Sep 12, 2016
With so many conscientious whistleblowers all over the place they want to know if they can be found and filtered at interview. It's an ingenious HRM interview question.

Op its up to u what you tell them. But if u really want this job don't go there and give some cocky answer. At best it will make you seem arrogant, at worst a potential traitor.

If u truly see yourself as a part of the company, lying to protect it should be the least u can do. Say yes, Ode.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Artib(m): 7:27am On Sep 12, 2016
you just need to say "I can't do anything that will tarnish the image of this reputable company"
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Henrypraise: 7:28am On Sep 12, 2016
weedtheweeds:
not a lie. Sarah was indeed his sister bro

don't be deceived, Abraham knew to wat context d king was asking. he used wisdom, same way we can argue a person hu lie is not telling a lie but defending his interest or opinion.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Pennywise(m): 7:31am On Sep 12, 2016
ministeriallist:
Tell them you don't lie, you only manage information. In fact you can serve as Information Minister.

The question they are asking u is how will u manage company information at your disposal, honorable minister.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by hardbody: 7:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:

It is not a yes or no answer.

Tell them you will be strategic in defending the interest of the company and you will use your best efforts to ensure it does not get into disrepute
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Tinyemeka(m): 7:49am On Sep 12, 2016
Lies and integrity do not correlate.

There is no integrity where a lie is involved.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by feldido(m): 7:50am On Sep 12, 2016
Henrypraise:
wisdom is profitable to d wise, Abraham lied to protect his family.

No he didn't, Sarah was actually his cousin... So sister grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Simba757(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2016
Tell them you'll be purely diplomatic in protecting the company's integrity because with diplomacy truth and lies are subjective -- that's how lawyers win -- with the end justifying the means.
Diplomacy afterall is the foundation of every PR.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by evansjeff(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2016
ladyF:
An company claiming to have "integrity" would not put me in a situation where I would have to lie to protect her. grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

[size=5pt]Make I go continue my search for Skrill funds...freelancers, forexers, biko epp me. N390/$[/size]
Tell me more about this your search, I'm interested.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by ministeriallist: 7:58am On Sep 12, 2016
Pennywise:

The question they are asking u is how will u manage company information at your disposal, honorable minister.
Exactly!
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Ajusshi: 8:11am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:
If a lie is needed to save the company, then the company has no intergrity. Team JESUSmyALLinALL
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by BlueMountain1(m): 8:21am On Sep 12, 2016
No, I will not lie, but I will consistently do my job so as not to get the Company to that state or situation that will require laundering her image with lies.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 12, 2016
I don't even understand how a company with integrity would ask such a question. undecided

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by UjSizzle(f): 8:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Mynd44:
Reply thus

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16-yr-old Prospective Medical Student, Dies After Passing UTME And Post UTME / Categories Of Students That Carry Expo In The University/polytechnic / Matawalle Donates N100m To JIBWIS For Construction Of Islamic University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.