Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,756 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" (18367 Views)

Akwa Ibom Primary School Pupils Squeeze & Lie On The Floor To Write Exams (pics) / How Do I Answer Jamb Questions / Students Lie-Down To Receive Lessons In A Ghanaian School (snapshot) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by slevin1(m): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2016
They want to know how flexible you are. No one answer suits this question hence your need to reason like a politician. Provide a diabolical answer such as "I value integrity and I will prevent putting the company in a situation detrimental to it's integrity", and stick with your answer even if asked for a definitive 'yes' or 'no'.

That's my own opinion though.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by UjSizzle(f): 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
All these people saying 'i will not lie' or 'how can a company with prestige as me to lie' blah blah

You do realise the company literally lies every day, right? And that half that lie is to make sure you get decent salaries at the end of the month, right?
How many of you get income from other sources outside your primary place of employment? Do you declare them for tax purposes?

So let's say you're interviewed by a tax official and are asked to 'declare', would you?

You lie every darn day, either out rightly or by implication as a party to a lie told on your behalf.
Get off your high Horse grin

P.S The only instance I've seen companies tell boldfaced lies have always been with tax officials.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Mobi47(m): 8:35am On Sep 12, 2016
femi4:
Stop quoting the scripture wrongly.

The Peter that lied had not received the baptism of the holy spirit. We were better than the Peter that lied cos we have the holy spirit teaching us to say NO to every form of ungodliness
read the scriptures very well...don't hv time now to clarify this. but just know that there is a good and bad lie.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Prince16: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2016
eleojo23:
A company that requires me to lie has no integrity in the first place undecided

Gbam!
.... Very true. The question is a booby trap by d company 2 test the integrity of d candidate. You tell dem 'yes', den u r a 'arsenal'., u don go be dt!
They merely want 2 know if u will compromise (under pressure). Dhur! Who wants to hire an untrustworthy/unfaithful fellow in d 1st instance.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by femi4: 8:37am On Sep 12, 2016
Mobi47:
read the scriptures very well...don't hv time now to clarify this. but just know that there is a good and bad lie.
shut up.....you know nothing
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Mobi47(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2016
femi4:
thank u Oga sa lipsrsealed
femi4:
thank u Oga sa
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by thesicilian: 9:03am On Sep 12, 2016
Mynd44:
Reply thus

"As long as my salary alerts gets in 28th of every month, I will lie to my mother, wife, kids and dog. In fact, I am lying right now sef"
Hahaha, guy I swear, you no well o. But with that answer, I am most likely to employ you
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by fortune1894(m): 9:25am On Sep 12, 2016
Mynd44:
Reply thus

"As long as my salary alerts gets in 28th of every month, I will lie to my mother, wife, kids and dog. In fact, I am lying right now sef"

THE PERFECT ANSWER

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by 3mmyz(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:
I'm a xtian who believed in thou shall not lie! This an interview question how can i answer,

Hmmm... tough one especially if you're very broke, but I'll answer "I wouldn't, because the Integrity of a company isn't built on lies but trustworthiness'
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by charles009(m): 9:34am On Sep 12, 2016
Henrypraise:
wisdom is profitable to d wise, Abraham lied to protect his family.

lying is obviously wrong. you sincerely appealed to the Christian faith. I must say your answer is most appealing for now..

I once said in an interview that I am a Christian and my favourite quote was a passage from the bible. I immediately got the interview who happened to be a pastor, trying to decipher to verse. Thumbs up though
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by charles009(m): 9:41am On Sep 12, 2016
The answers I see here are just one dimensional.

Now as insincere as it seems, and as unethical as it may be. Sometimes you have to lie to douse tension or rather what we call withhold of information.

I happen to be a PR of a multi national firm. I got a call from punch news paper sometime demanding answers that our soap badly scared a customer? Now what would your response be?
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by padi94(m): 9:42am On Sep 12, 2016
My response wud be that 'i will only tell the lies if and only if its company policy'
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by henryboff(m): 10:17am On Sep 12, 2016
I would respond in this way "as an employee of company XYZ, I will do everything in accordance with the laws of the country in which we operate and laid down policies of company XYZ. If any policies of company XYZ are against laid down national laws and my own ethics, then I would have to say that I am not the right person for the job and withdraw my application."
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by sekundosekundo: 10:24am On Sep 12, 2016
Mobi47:
there are good lies nd bad lies. e.g peter lied not to have known Jesus nd was not killed along with Jesus. Assuming he said the truth, he would have been killed nd would not have been the 1st pop in the Catholic Church. I hv many example from d bible to give u but gat no time now. d koko is that if u are lying for a good reason, then its not bad.

Pls stop spreading lies, who told you that Peter was the first Pope in Catholic Church.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by sekundosekundo: 10:26am On Sep 12, 2016
femi4:
Stop quoting the scripture wrongly.

The Peter that lied had not received the baptism of the holy spirit. We were better than the Peter that lied cos we have the holy spirit teaching us to say NO to every form of ungodliness

And Peter was never a Pope.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Darnyel: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2016
Niyeal:
I'm a xtian who believed in thou shall not lie! This an interview question how can i answer,

A company that truly possesses INTEGRITY does not need lie in the first place. cool
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Nnabugwu8590: 11:17am On Sep 12, 2016
BlackAfrican:
Nigerian interviewers and dumb questions be like
My dear, it is not a dumb question.
It is a question designed to critically test the interviewee's true personality.
Back to the question, my answer is No because integrity has nothing to do with lie and your company has an integrity profile.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Peterosky(m): 11:19am On Sep 12, 2016
This is a technical question that must be approached with caution and wisdom.Lets say in your CV or resume,you listed honesty as one of your qualities and this question pupped up during an interview but simply said yes just because you are desperate and think dats an easy way to get the job.Its a sorry situation cause u will end up not being hired.Have you considered that any man that will tell lies to safe the integrity of yhe company can also tell lies to run down the company by way of duping the company? Or do you think the interviewers are fools?.No,they are testing to see the kind of person they intend to hire.So be wise in answers.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Peterosky(m): 11:22am On Sep 12, 2016
This is a technical question that must be approached with caution and wisdom.Lets say in your CV or resume,you listed honesty as one of your qualities and this question pupped up during an interview but simply said yes just because you are desperate and think dats an easy way to get the job.Its a sorry situation cause u will end up not being hired.Have you considered that any man that will tell lies to safe the integrity of the company can also tell lies to run down the company by way of duping the company? Or do you think the interviewers are fools?.No,they are testing to see the kind of person they intend to hire.So be wise in answers.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Enrichlee(m): 12:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
pippimp:

You should have added, "and not put myself in direct conflict with the law". What kind of useless company is that?
Thanks bro. Not exactly a useless company, sometimes oversabi HR. I currently work there now

1 Like

Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by emmydollars4life(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
veekid:
Tell em [size=15pt]yes you can [/size] if that's what will get you the job
I think the best response is, I will not lie for you because I will not lie to you.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by greggng: 12:40pm On Sep 12, 2016
KingRex1:
"I believe the company is competent n prestigious enuf not to be in such state as to lie. Besides I'll do all in my power not to put the company in such situation..."
Simple

Your comment is fantastic but I don't know if competence should have been there. It is workforce that make up a company. Attribute of competence and integrity goes to the individuals that work there. If I may add mine, I will replace competence with reputation or goodwill
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by KingRex1(m): 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
greggng:

Your comment is fantastic but I don't know if competence should have been there. It is workforce that make up a company. Attribute of competence and integrity goes to the individuals that work there. If I may add mine, I will replace competence with reputation or goodwill

Nice.. But I already considered these two u added n it sums up to prestige.
Looking at competence, it shows proficiency in work done n vision.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by humbleAYO95(m): 1:02pm On Sep 12, 2016
Dodging the question, what if they asked in this form. Let assume we are in such situation?.
KingRex1:
"I believe the company is competent n prestigious enuf not to be in such state as to lie. Besides I'll do all in my power not to put the company in such situation..."
Simple
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by rhektor(m): 1:22pm On Sep 12, 2016
weedtheweeds:
not a lie. Sarah was indeed his sister bro

She use to be his sister but from the day they decided and agreed to be husband and wife she became his wife. So Abraham actually lied. Ask yourself what was does he want to achieve by saying she was his sister? And why did he say that?
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Toluwaferan(f): 2:52pm On Sep 12, 2016
KingRex1:
Simple
Yes dats a wise reply!
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by akinsammy(m): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
I believe integrity can only be protected by truth. This is because integrity is the mother of truth. Therefore, my lies ll only dent d integrity of ds company.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by osmond1995: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
My answer would be no, cos the company would say if you can lie to protect us then you can lie to us
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Ezionye(f): 5:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
Mobi47:

Wooow

Pls create the time to clarify this
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Garshyzee(m): 5:16pm On Sep 12, 2016
Ezionye:

Wooow

Pls create the time to clarify this

good and bad lie? now that's new
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by Ubenedictus(m): 9:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Pls stop spreading lies, who told you that Peter was the first Pope in Catholic Church.
The writtings of the early christian and pretty much any historic material from around that time on d subject all claim peter was the first bishop of rome i.e pope.
Re: How Can I Answer "Can You Lie To Protect The Integrity Of This Company?" by sekundosekundo: 12:26am On Sep 13, 2016
Ubenedictus:
The writtings of the early christian and pretty much any historic material from around that time on d subject all claim peter was the first bishop of rome i.e pope.

My dear stop deceiving yourself, the history of all the apostles of Jesus Christ are there for you to see both their earthly ministry and their death all are recorded in the Bible. Popes don't marry but I believe apostle Peter was a married man.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Describes Jonathan’s Achievement In Education Sector As Empty / Apply For 2018 UNICAF Scholarships To Study In University Of South Wales / FG Sacks 12 Auchi Poly Randy Lecturers After Punch Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.