Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees (1541 Views)

Would Pass Or Lower Credit Affect Your Chances Of Getting The Job? / 4 Attitudes That Can Increase Your Chances Of Landing The Job / Job Application: 5 Clever steps to increase your Chances of a Feedback. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:11pm On Sep 11, 2016
Please what is the chances of getting a Job in Nigeria with Foreign degrees ? B.sc/Masters

Please reasonable advice and comments
Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by donbenedict(m): 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
If u like travel to Pluto and get degree, if God says it's ur time, Buhari can't stop u!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 11, 2016
undecided
Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by Officialkenshin(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2016
donbenedict:
If u like travel to Pluto and get degree, if God says it's ur time, Buhari can't stop u!

Guy u okay?...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by administration: 6:36pm On Sep 11, 2016
I think people should sound professional when communicating on a portal like this....an eagle want to fly to the highest altitude she speak to an eagle .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by eph12(m): 6:41pm On Sep 11, 2016
You will still face the same recruitment process those with Nigerian certs will face. And if that's the case your ability to convince the interviewer is what will get you the job. If the Nigerian cert holder does that better then you know what that means. Your foreign cert won't save you.

As for me, if I should go outside to study then I don't have plans of coming back or there's a job waiting for me back home.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2016
administration:
I think people should sound professional when communicating on a portal like this....an eagle want to fly to the highest altitude she speak to an eagle .

I don't need to write a long sentences to express my self. I am not writing a resume or cover letter. At least, you can understand me and if you have nothing to say, you can pass bye!

who cares.
Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by hoodmenconcept(m): 6:45pm On Sep 11, 2016
eph12:
You will still face the same recruitment process those with Nigerian certs will face. And if that's the case your ability to convince the interviewer is what will get you the job. If the Nigerian cert holder does that better then you know what that means. Your foreign cert won't save you.

As for me, if I should go outside to study then I don't have plans of coming back or there's a job waiting for me back home.

Yes, i understand your point but getting a job in abroad is getting difficult everyday because of many circumstances, i can't really explain.

Hint:
Immigration law
Nigeria integrity has been tampered with , we have not been given much attention because of Nigeria spoil image.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
The simple truth is that Nigerian employers have no preference for foreign degrees. Hence, it's a waste of money on your own part if you're getting the degree to come and work here.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by AlexisM16: 8:34pm On Sep 11, 2016
PatrickOkunima:
The simple truth is that Nigerian employers have no preference for foreign degrees. Hence, it's a waste of money on your own part if you're getting the degree to come and work here.

You should really stop spamming people's mailboxes with your messages. You're very annoying. Whatever you sell, I swear, I won't buy. Why not go do something useful with your life instead of annoying people with your name on their mailboxes?

Get a real job, apply to one. If you have a real job, face it squarely and stop intruding in my space.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by Mille: 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2016
PatrickOkunima:

They actually do.

Just that most employers are skeptical of foreign degree as it means they MIGHT have to pay more. I can't study in the UK and an employer will offer me 60k/month.

Btw, I wonder why people come back to Nigeria immediately after getting the degree. Stay back there and work and if they don't allow you, go to other countries.

With a recognized foreign degree, you have more chances of immigrating to immigrant friendly countries like Canada and Australia etc.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by hoodmenconcept(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mille:

They actually do.

Just that most employers are skeptical of foreign degree as it means they MIGHT have to pay more. I can't study in the UK and an employer will offer me 60k/month.

Btw, I wonder why people come back to Nigeria immediately after getting the degree. Stay back there and work and if they don't allow you, go to other countries.

With a recognized foreign degree, you have more chances of immigrating to immigrant friendly countries like Canada and Australia etc.

Thank you, I'm getting what I want... I actually finished my first degree in Nigeria and currently pursing my masters degree in South Africa and I will be through by next year, so I'm trying to find out if I should come back for a job or stay back, seriously I really don't know what to do right now...
Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by Mille: 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2016
hoodmenconcept:

Thank you, I'm getting what I want... I actually finished my first degree in Nigeria and currently pursing my masters degree in South Africa and I will be through by next year, so I'm trying to find out if I should come back for a job or stay back, seriously I really don't know what to do right now...

Bros eh, Nigeria is currently in deep shit.

This aint the best time to come home.
Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by bonjel75(m): 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2016
Bros if u find a means to get your work permit try to stay there but if that did not work, there is a chance for you here in Nigeria as well. Never say Never!
I studied in foreign country, after my graduation I got a job but there is an issue with immigration that time especially with Naija image bcz of drugs trafficking. I returned back to Naija, after my service I got an offer with a private firm, within 6 months on the job without apply for the role, a foreign company where I studied called me for an interview, I got the job the same day.
Tip: try to update your CV on professional network (LinkedIn)
I wish you the best bros.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Chances Of Getting A Job In Nigeria With Foreign Degrees by Travellerhub: 4:38am On Sep 12, 2016
hoodmenconcept:

First, if there is a slight opportunity that you might get a job in SA please stay back for at least two years....but as per your question my Answer is simply yes they do have preference for foreign certification...it all has to do with your protential employer.....and if you serzly wish to come back after your programme start applying for jobs before you fly back into the country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

SISA Travels Interview Invite / Apply For Graduate Trainee Position At Great Brands Nigeria / BUA Group Is Recruiting. Apply Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.