Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

“is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” (1070 Views)

Animals That Feel Pains Of Birth, Did They Eat The Forbidden Apple Too? / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by niffymizzy(m): 8:19am On Sep 12, 2016
A Friend of mine who is a Jehovah Witness member said it is totally wrong for a Christian to eat out of the Muslim’s Sallah Ram.

This brings about a heated argument between us and so many other people we asked and I decided to bring it online so we can hear from other Christians.
Is there anything wrong for Christians to eat out of Ram killed by Muslims?

Kindly drop your Comments.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Nothing will happen if you eat it.
But looking at it very well, a religion that has intense hatred for your religion (Christianity) should not consider giving you let alone for you to taste it(their sacrifice) remember you may turn to be their next sacrifice if fight ensue. I will because of their hate the quran teaches them urge you not to taste it. An Average muslim has hatred for Christian. So, don't eat it.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 12, 2016
Is it wrong for Christians to use, eat, or listen to anything made by non-Christians? undecided

Akamu!
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by freshcvvs: 9:02am On Sep 12, 2016
2kaybiel:
Matthew 15:11 Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.
Nothing will happen if you eat it.
But looking at it very well, a religion that has intense hatred for your religion (Christianity) should not consider giving you let alone for you to taste it(their sacrifice) remember you may turn to be their next sacrifice if fight ensue. I will because of their hate the quran teaches them urge you not to taste it. An Average muslim has hatred for Christian. So, don't eat it.

I hope you don't have Muslim friends, buy from Muslims, do business with Muslims, rent properties from or to Muslims?
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 12, 2016
freshcvvs:

I hope you don't have Muslim friends, buy from Muslims, do business with Muslims, rent properties from or to Muslims?
yes I do. from their deeds towards me and action towards non Muslims one can say categorically they do hate. from their (your) teaching I can boldly tell you that they speak hate to us. see my brother, I have had experience with my Muslims friends that make me believe Islam teaches hate. I would love to have shared with you my experience with my fanatics Muslims friends but you will not believe, so I just stop here.
I repeat the statement, an average Muslim has hatred against Christians and you know that.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by freshcvvs: 9:19am On Sep 12, 2016
2kaybiel:

yes I do. from their deeds towards me and action towards non Muslims one can say categorically they do hate. from their (your) teaching I can boldly tell you that they speak hate to us. see my brother, I have had experience with my Muslims friends that make me believe Islam teaches hate. I would love to have shared with you my experience with my fanatics Muslims friends but you will not believe, so I just stop here.
I repeat the statement, an average Muslim has hatred against Christians and you know that.

Hypocrisy! Go figure and stop cherrypicking.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 12, 2016
so, if you say cherry picking.
what can you say of this directive and command, q.5:51?
I believe you know the content of that verse.

freshcvvs:

Hypocrisy! Go figure and stop cherrypicking.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by freshcvvs: 9:38am On Sep 12, 2016
2kaybiel:

so, if you say cherry picking.
what can you say of this directive and command, q.5:51?
I believe you know the content of that verse.

I don't cos I ain't one, so what do you say about "do not be equally yoked"?
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by ever811(m): 9:39am On Sep 12, 2016
op..in this period of hunger in the country.. anything eatable is welcome, even if its from the native doctors shrine.... just serve it hot...

1 Like

Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 12, 2016
freshcvvs:

I don't cos I ain't one, so what do you say about "do not be equally yoked"?

you dodge my question to ask me to say something on a quote from 2cor6:14 and you want me to say something on it when you failed to answer my question?
on set of your chat I've known you would derail the topic. I rest my case 4una.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by freshcvvs: 10:27am On Sep 12, 2016
2kaybiel:

you dodge my question to ask me to say something on a quote from 2cor6:14 and you want me to say something on it when you failed to answer my question?
on set of your chat I've known you would derail the topic. I rest my case 4una.

When you know how to answer other people's question, then you can talk about others answering your questions (even though I answered you already).
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by mrintellectual(m): 10:32am On Sep 12, 2016
The thing is, eating their sallah whatever means, you are joining them in their sacrifice to their god. And we are not to fellowship with demons.

However, if muslims give you food, outside of this, you are free to accept it. Meat does not commend or condemn you before God.

Remember that we are governed by different laws.
In general, eat from your own pot. Avoid gifts as much as possible. God will supply all your needs.
Re: “is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Muslim Ram?” by mrintellectual(m): 10:49am On Sep 12, 2016
Whether you eat or not, do all in the name of the Lord.
How then do we show love to them, since we know that Love is the greatest commandment?

Make them under stand your religious stand.
You may also ask them if they will eat pork, if a Christian offers to give them.
Let them know that it is not them, or the meat that you hate. But that it is the sacrifice that you are against.
Take your stand.
Be nice to them as much as you can. When they celebrate anniversaries, naming ceremonies, weddings, identify with them.
However, let the Holy Spirit guide you in what food to eat or not to eat. Eating ram or goat is not the sin. However, we are forbidden from eating any food offered to idols,if we know that it has been offered to idols.
Peace and Love to you all.

(1) (Reply)

​​rccg Sunday School Student's Manual(15/01/2017) / Any Healing Minister Here? / Is Pastor CHRIS Reconciled With His Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.