Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Devotional (427 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 09/09/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 05/06/16 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 31/07/15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Devotional by Siradex(m): 12:33pm On Sep 12, 2016
A Little Every Day - Kenneth Copeland

Unto what is the kingdom of God like? and whereunto shall I resemble it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and cast into his garden; and it grew, and waxed a great tree; and the fowls of the air lodged in the branches of it.

Luke 13:18-19

If you’re going to grow in the kingdom of God, you’re going to do it just like a seed that’s been planted in the ground. How does a seed grow? All at once? No, it grows constantly—24 hours a day—a little all the time until it accomplishes what it was created to do.

Most of us don’t operate that way spiritually. We study and pray very hard for a few days and then quit. Then, when some disaster comes, we make a mad attempt to pray and stand on the Word, all the while realizing that, for some reason, we’re just not as strong as we ought to be.

There’s no such thing as an overnight success in the kingdom of God! Real strength, real growth comes as you consistently and constantly keep the Word before your eyes, in your ears, and in the midst of your heart. Not just when you want to or when you feel like it, but constantly, like the seed, a little all the time.

A man came up to me once and said, “Man, your ministry just took off overnight, didn’t it?”

“If it did,” I answered, “it was certainly the longest night I ever spent in my life!”

From his perspective my success did seem to spring up quickly. That’s because he didn’t see me during all those hours and weeks and months and years I spent in the Word of God. He didn’t see the daily process that lay behind that success. He just saw the results.

Make up your mind to begin that daily process of constant growth today. Determine to start putting the Word in your heart consistently. Every day a line here, a line there—a tape here, a tape there.

Begin to act as though that Word is true every hour of the day regardless of what comes or how you feel. Keep adding to your faith—meditating on it, confessing it, seven days a week.

Eventually, your faith will be bigger than you ever dreamed it could be.

Scripture Reading:
Luke 13:18-21

[https://thoughtsofourfathers..com][https://thoughtsofourfathers..com]

1 Share

Re: Devotional by Siradex(m): 5:09am On Sep 14, 2016
A Brand New Body At The Blast Of A Trumpet! - Joseph Prince
1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

All over the world, Jews celebrate Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. Occurring usually in the month of September, this feast is celebrated with the blowing of trumpets—the shofar or ram’s horn. That is why it is also called the Feast of Trumpets.
The Jews observe seven feasts: The Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, Pentecost, Trumpets, Atonement and Tabernacles. The first four have been fulfilled literally by Jesus. He was the Passover Lamb (1 Corinthians 5:7), the bread of life (John 6:35) and the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:20) And when Pentecost had fully come after His ascension, He sent us the Holy Spirit. (Acts 2:1–4)
So the next feast that we are waiting for Jesus to fulfill literally is the Feast of Trumpets. Why is this feast significant to us? Because when Jesus fulfills it, it means that we are going up to meet Him in the clouds!

I am talking about the rapture of the church. When the trumpet sounds, “in the twinkling of an eye”, we who are alive will be changed. We will put on new bodies that will be like Jesus’! Those who are dead in Christ will rise and also receive new bodies. They will go up first followed by us who are alive, and we will all meet the Lord in the air. (1 Corinthians 15:51–55)
This means that there is a possibility that you might not see death! The Bible says, “Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.” (1 Thessalonians 4:17) It is one thing to happen to be alive, but quite another to remain alive.
I believe that there is a generation of Christians who know the resurrection power of the Lord. They know how to walk in their inheritance and put off sickness and death until the coming of the Lord. My friend, may you be counted as one of them as you take the Lord Jesus and His finished work as your victory over sickness and death!
Thought For The Day
When the trumpet sounds, we who are alive will put on new bodies like Jesus'!

Re: Devotional by Siradex(m): 12:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Don’t Let Your Past Rob You - Joseph Prince

Philippians 3:13–14

Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Are you living a life of regrets thinking, “If only…”? “If only I had that college education…If only I had married the right girl…If only I had taken up the other job…If only I had not made that stupid mistake…”

Is your past robbing you of the joy of today? Then forget your past!

You might say, “But Pastor Prince, you do not know what I have done in the past!”

Consider Paul. If the devil had anything to bring against Paul, it would be reminders of how he had persecuted the early church and caused the deaths of many, including Stephen, the first Christian martyr.

Paul had done horrendous things that were hard for him to forget. But he had such a revelation of God’s awesome forgiveness that he could say, “forgetting those things which are behind…I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus”.

Beloved, God has forgiven you of all your sins. He has completely forgiven you and declared, “Your sins and lawless deeds, I will remember no more.” (Hebrews 10:17)

Like Paul, you can forget your past, the wrongs you have done and the hurts you have caused others or been through yourself. God can take the tears of yesterday and transform them into the miracles of tomorrow. He can restore to you in all abundance what you have lost. He can cause all things, even the painful events of your past, to work together for your good. (Romans 8:28)

God’s Word says, “The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.” (Isaiah 58:cool His glory will cover your past. Wherever you go, His glory covers your past. It is no longer the same past that you know of because His glory has descended on it. Your past is past. It has been wiped out. It is gone! So don’t let your past rob you of today’s joy any longer!

Thought For The Day
Because God’s glory covers your past, you don’t have to let your past rob you of today’s joy!

Re: Devotional by Siradex(m): 9:30am On Sep 29, 2016
OUR HELP IN TIME OF NEED - Joseph Prince

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

If you are facing a challenge right now, I want you to know that you have a standing invitation from your heavenly Father to come boldly to the throne of grace to “obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need”.

The phrase “help in time of need” means that you get healing when you are sick, provisions when you are in lack, restoration when your relationship with a loved one breaks down, and favor when news of job cuts or bad prospects are rife.

“Pastor Prince, how can I come boldly when I have been a lousy Christian?”

You can come boldly because you come to God by the blood of Jesus Christ and not by how you have lived your life. So whenever you come into God’s presence, you don’t have to be afraid that your sins will be exposed because the blood of Jesus has removed every one of them. God does not see even one speck of sin in you because He sees only the blood of His Son, which has been shed for your total forgiveness and acceptance.

My friend, when you have failed and need mercy, God’s Word assures you that you will find mercy when you come boldly to God. Mercy means that you don’t get the bad things you deserve, such as condemnation, poverty, failure, loss and even death.

And mercy is not the only thing that you will obtain when you come boldly to God. You will also find grace. Grace means that you get the good things that you don’t deserve, such as health, protection, anointing, favor, good success and life more abundant.

So come boldly to the One who loves you passionately, unconditionally and with an undying love. Come boldly to Him who knows everything about your situation and has the solution. He has wisdom far beyond that doctor you highly respect, that lawyer you greatly honor and the best experts you can consult. Beloved, come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy and grace to help in your time of need!
Re: Devotional by Siradex(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2016
OBSTINATE ONES - Dag Heward-Mills

READ: Ezekiel 2

...Do not be afraid of what they say or terrified by them, though they are a rebellious house.

Ezekiel 2:6, NIV

Consider the characteristics of stubborn and rebellious sons listed below:

1. Stubborn and rebellious sons are resistant to instructions.

2. Stubborn and rebellious sons are opposed to the instructions.

3. Stubborn and rebellious sons dislike the person of their fathers.

4. Stubborn and rebellious sons dislike the methods of the father.

5. Stubborn and rebellious sons grow to dislike the ways of the father.

6. Stubborn and rebellious sons want a different profession from their father’s.

7. Stubborn and rebellious sons want a different lifestyle from their father’s.

8. Stubborn and rebellious sons want to dress, act and do everything differently from their father.

9. Stubborn and rebellious sons are angry at correction and need to be corrected for being angry at the correction.

Then He said to me, "Son of man, I am sending you to the sons of Israel, to a rebellious people who have rebelled against Me; they and their fathers have transgressed against Me to this very day. "I am sending you to them who are stubborn and obstinate children, and you shall say to them, 'Thus says the Lord God.' "As for them, whether they listen or not — for they are a rebellious house — they will know that a prophet has been among them.

Ezekiel 2:2-5, NASB
Re: Devotional by Siradex(m): 8:22am On Oct 31, 2016
[center]Benny Hinn at COZA

A special invitation from our Senior Pastor; The Rev. Biodun Fatoyinbo to the meeting with Dr. Benny Hinn Ministries. The meeting is scheduled to hold on Tuesday, 1 November by 5pm at the COZA auditorium Guzape Asokoro ext. Abuja.

Streaming Live also at Stella Obasanjo Multipurpose Complex, Ajase-Ipo Road, Kwara, Ilorin, SHEBA Centre, Plot 20 Mobolaji Bank Anthony, Beside Briscoe Motors, Ikeja, Lagos. D Edge Hotel.Plot 12, Location Road, by Mandela Car Wash, off Tombia Extension, GRA ... COZA Port Harcourt, Port Harcourt.

Come expectant! We celebrate you![/center]

https://thoughtsofourfathers..com

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

... / I Got This Post From Facebook / Just A Random Thought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.