Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State (15861 Views)

Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. / Slay Queen Goes To Farm To Harvest Groundnuts When She’s Not Slaying (Photos) / I Found Multiple Pythons On My Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Adeoba10(m): 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
Haa
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
Eya... U for put this 3m for mmm ooo.. Sorry sha
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by obinnaviv: 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
In all business one would want to adventure into have one thingin mind and that is there are unforseen risks awaiting your venture.

The good thing is that no matter the risk,involved you have the choice of protecting yourself from these risks when they arise

There's an insurance policy for all ventures covering certian risks individuals are prone too as a result of venturing into one business or the other

In this case an agriculture insurance policy would have been taken up to protect the individual from this incident

Wether na car you dey buy Abi na travel go abroad make sure you always have an insurance policy

And If you still belong to the class of people who say "I don't believe in insurance " its your opinion and well,respected

For all your insurance needs call 08035449254

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by ghostmist: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Sorry for your loss bro.... but, like the good book says "Wisdom is profitable to direct "

with about 200K or less, you would have been able to construct something that shares a close semblance to a proper fishpond.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Sorry bro.

I feel your pain.

The earthen pond brought about your loss.

God will help you.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Reference(m): 3:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
opalu:
Sorry Bro.
The great makes mistakes because they take many great steps.
The unknown make no mistakes because they attempt nothing.

Please I want to request all our Fish farmers to locate their pounds away from flood-prone areas that even a 10hr heavy downpour will never reach it. To achieve this you need protected and elevated pounds. Farming is the future of this Nation not Oil. So it must be protected than pipelines.

Or net over your ponds. Even fish farming toddlers know this.

1 Like

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Explorers(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
aquadude15:
Mr explorer help me beg mimiko for grant/ support oooooo.
lalasticlala
seun

Eeeyah sorry for the loss sir, where in ondo state

Egin Mimiko ka wa o...

1 Like

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Originalsly: 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2016
No doubt... a big and sudden loss. Be positive... flashfloods are likely to strike again... what would you be doing different to prevent such losses in the future? Rework your plan ...treat this as a fall... can't stay down... dust yourself..get up and rebuild with a better foundation.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by figure007(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
opalu:
Sorry Bro.
The great make mistakes because they take many great steps.
The unknown make no mistakes because they attempt nothing.

Please I want to request all our Fish farmers to locate their pounds away from flood-prone areas that even a 10hr heavy downpour will never reach it. To achieve this you need protected and elevated pounds. Farming is the future of this Nation not Oil. So it must be protected than pipelines.
it must be protected than pipelines?hey i support that. .. but this country aint helping thevyoutha in terms of support in farming and its very bad...alot of graduates with full vision on farming but no help....
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Kobicove(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
With a name like "Aquadude15" water should be your best friend grin

I hope you were able to salvage some things
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by figure007(m): 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
we are all faced with challenges in life...i once said it here that me and a brother lost millions on poultry products after our birds got attacked by flu. almost 2000 birds. .. almost getting to point of lay cos they are pullets
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by figure007(m): 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2016
we are all faced with challenges in life...i once said it here that me and a brother lost millions on poultry products after our birds got attacked by flu. almost 2000 birds. .. almost getting to point of lay cos they are pullets...sorry for the loss Mr... God will make u bounce back Ijn
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Decryptor(m): 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
@aquadude15....The money you spent digging 10 of those pond pits would have bouth you like 3 giant rubber bowls with a drainage piping system where you would have placed the fishes. Sorry for your loss tho
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 12, 2016
We are a company looking for qualified individual to help out with writing tasks such as -short stories -movie scripts -sales scripts - articles - news feed -PR websites -blog post ….and more JOB DUTIES include: -Draft and create consumer content for lifestyle and health related websites - Research new products and services with the relation to the consumers -Brand messages with reaching a large online audience You’ll have the opportunity to work big name companies and popular websites in several riches from news, geography, sports, entertainment, travel, and others Qualification: -High school education/ graduate/ GED and if you don’t have a Degree No Problem You don’t need any experience we will teach you This a part-time/full-time job depending on your availability .Hours are flexible from 10 to 40 hours per week travel is not required pay is discuss via communication after application process please email writingjobpositionwork@gmail.com with your full name and resume.we will contact you within 24 hours
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by sunnyside16(m): 4:24pm On Sep 12, 2016
Woooow, this is sad. Sorry bro God will surely reestablish you.

1 Like

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by suresuccesscafe: 4:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
Sorry for the loss. But since you were at the farm when the flood came I think you should have been able to get some of them back since there is a net as I can see in the picture.
When next you are sitting your fish pond, try to consult an expert to help you check the topography and put some other safe practice in place. Do you have any form of insurance for your farm?
Also try to have a pumping machine around that you can use to pump out water when ever it is raining. This almost happened to me 2 years ago. I was at my farm and this same scenario wanted to play out, immediately I just powered the pumping machine and started pumping out water, as I was pumping so the water level kept rising but I thank God that the situation was checked. The flood can't just come all of a sudden since it is not a tsunami. You ran to safety and didn't remember that such scenario could play out.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Barrywilly(m): 4:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
What about insuring the farm with a reputable insurance company right from the beginning? Just a thought though. Sorry for the loss
aquadude15:
it all started like a joke on the 10th of September 2016, I was at my farm sorting my fish but I ran into the store when the rain started. it lasted for barely 2hours. next thing I saw was water coming with full force entered my pond and parked my fishes
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by battleaxe: 5:08pm On Sep 12, 2016
Years ago, after a very heavy downpour, some of the folks around the area I lived claimed there had been a rain of catfish from above, that they had been able to pick fish off the road, after the rainfall.

I imagine it was a fish farmer like you, who had lost his fish in the downpour.

Sorry about your loss. I guess some people somewhere will be rocking fresh fish stew for some time.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by poppop: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2016
So sorry. Hmm
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by NairaMaster1(m): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
You hide the cash there?
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by raziboi(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
sorry bro God is your strength!!
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by aquadude15: 6:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
Barrywilly:
What about insuring the farm with a reputable insurance company right from the beginning? Just a thought though. Sorry for the loss
noted sir
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by aquadude15: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
Reference:

Or net over your ponds. Even fish farming toddlers know this.
the flood swept away d net that's y you can c any net
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by aquadude15: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Decryptor:
@aquadude15....The money you spent digging 10 of those pond pits would have bouth you like 3 giant rubber bowls with a drainage piping system where you would have placed the fishes. Sorry for your loss tho
you can't compare fish grown in their natural habitant with other methods

2 Likes

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by aquadude15: 6:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Explorers:

Eeeyah sorry for the loss sir, where in ondo state
Egin Mimiko ka wa o...
holy trinity and kopek

1 Like

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by danot1030: 6:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
Accept my sympathy.
May the Lord recover your lost in not distant time.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by SurePresident: 6:42pm On Sep 12, 2016
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by Chinny4eva(f): 6:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
What a loss! The Lord strengthen u to overcome this challenge. But then I will advice u to have those ponds fenced with cemented blocks.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by matrixme(m): 7:03pm On Sep 12, 2016
Please stay strong! At least you didn't loose your own life. The ram that walk backwards has gone to for strength reimbursement. These are one of the risks involved in aquaculture business. If you can't get surface tanks, then consider dry season operation

2 Likes

Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by simpleseyi: 8:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
MakeWeTalk:
Under Buhari na die Nija dey oh!

Come 2019, nobody go remain!

This your prophesy shall come to past. Come 2019, no member of your family go remain. Amen.
Re: I Lost N3million In My Farm To The Flood In Ondo State by stancod(m): 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
aquadude15:
Mr explorer help me beg mimiko for grant/ support oooooo.
lalasticlala
seun
bros are u a learner. U suppose to protect ur pond all round wit net

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Low Cost Greenhouse From N200,000 / Generating Gas Through Biodigester. / Abia Nurtures 2million Palm Seedlings (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.