Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,122 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Secrets And Scandals - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Secrets And Scandals (52029 Views)

"The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss / Cracked Sources ( Love, Schemes, Scandals ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 04, 2016
bibijay123:
First comment! Nine more to go
Cc
Yorhmien.erd
Jagug.uli88
Vee.kid
Jay.542
Aite.e1
Fidelism.aris
Olaba.ntu

Make i go read the update grin

Sharperly sharperly grin
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Jay542(m): 9:58am On Oct 04, 2016
Iss alright. We dey wait for skarlett. 10 go soon complete grin. Bibijay123 No chill smiley

2 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Osmondinho(m): 9:59am On Oct 04, 2016
I can't but noticed where you used John Grisham as an author but you re writing the story in Pre-Grisham time. I think you should use James Hardley Chase, will be more OK.

Nice story

2 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:00am On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:

What i do na embarassed

You are toying with my emotions naaa.... cry cry cry
Re: Secrets And Scandals by dominique(f): 10:04am On Oct 04, 2016
Thanks for mention Skarlett, you too much kiss

bibijay123:
First comment! Nine more to go
Cc

Make i go read the update grin

FTC on top update again grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Secrets And Scandals by yorhmienerd(m): 10:05am On Oct 04, 2016
Oya skarlett 1 neve reach
Re: Secrets And Scandals by dominique(f): 10:06am On Oct 04, 2016
Osmondinho:
I can't but noticed where you used John Grisham as an author but you re writing the story in Pre-Grisham time. I think you should use James Hardley Chase, will be more OK.

Nice story

Calculate the timeline properly, you'd see that they're currently in the mid 90s. John Grisham has been writing since late 80s.

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Osmondinho(m): 10:12am On Oct 04, 2016
dominique:

Calculate the timeline properly, you'd see that they're currently in the mid 90s. John Grisham has been writing since late 80s.

The war ended in 1970. Married in 1972, Nma is 15 so that makes it 1987. John Grisham first book was published in 1989.

Am not getting it....
Re: Secrets And Scandals by dominique(f): 10:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Osmondinho:

The war ended in 1970. Married in 1972, Nma is 15 so that makes it 1987. John Grisham first book was published in 1989.

Am not getting it....

Nena was born in 1958, did the nasty with the priest at age 18 (1977), concieved and had Nma who is now 16. I'm guessing the period the story is currently in is around 93/94. Skarlett should know better sha.

10 comments never drop?

2 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 04, 2016
dominique:

Nena was born in 1958, did the nasty with the priest at age 18 (1977), concieved and had Nma who is now 16. I'm guessing the period the story is currently in is around 93/94. Skarltt should know better sha.

10 comments never drop?

You're almost right, we're currently in 1994, Nena got pregnant at 19, the period of nine months for the pregnancy and all, Nma is almost 15

Remain five more cry

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 04, 2016
Osmondinho:

Am not getting it....

She was eleven when her father and brothers died in the war. Her mother died after the war ended when she was eighteen. She went to live with her uncle and got married at 19 in 1978, Nma is almost 15, we're talking 1994 now.

So yes, JG would have had a number of books published then smiley

3 Likes

Re: Secrets And Scandals by bibijay123(f): 11:14am On Oct 04, 2016
dominique:
Thanks for mention Skarlett, you too much kiss

FTC on top update again grin

Yes oo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Olabantu(m): 11:25am On Oct 04, 2016
Madam Bibi....you caught me....
Well for Vic, she should stop being that way after all, we, I mean all of us have problems we deal with, hurts no one knows about and chapters of our life we don't read out, but I believe dat whether good or bad, the courage to move on is always imperial to future event...nice one Skarlett, can't just get enough of you ....when next should we expect an update
And I see we have great readers here, I duff I hat for you guys ooooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Osmondinho(m): 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:

She was eleven when her father and brothers died in the war. Her mother died after the war ended when she was eighteen. She went to live with her uncle and got married at 19 in 1978, Nma is almost 15, we're talking 1994 now.

So yes, JG would have had a number of books published then smiley

OK bro.... my bad
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Aitee1: 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
I'm sorry skarlett for being a ghost reader all these while kudos to you, and more ink to your Biro

The injured actor got me cracking cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2016
Osmondinho:

OK bro.... my bad

I am a sis dear and you're welcome

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
Aitee1:
I'm sorry skarett for being a ghost reader all these while kudos to you, and more ink to your Biro

The injured actor got me cracking cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lol thanks
Re: Secrets And Scandals by emmynku(m): 1:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
Thumbs skarlett,i like the twist and turns.pre grisham or post grisham,d story line and delivery are distinctive. But i think i would like to hear a little more bout d Rev. Father,where is he in d present,secondly nma's mother should also be her very true self.
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Osmondinho(m): 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:

I am a sis dear and you're welcome

Aiit sis
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 04, 2016
emmynku:
Thumbs skarltt,i like the twist and turns.pre grisham or post grisham,d story line and delivery are distinctive. But i think i would like to hear a little more bout d Rev. Father,where is he in d present,secondly nma's mother should also be her very true self.

Thanks. He's actually in Kenya remember he told her he's getting married to another woman and he's renouncing his oath of celibacy.
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Aitee1: 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:

Lol thanks

Baba which one come be skarett I didn't type that oh.... shocked

Bia shey it up to ten comments abeg update nah abi your twinny(bibijay123) tongue influence you
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 04, 2016
Aitee1:

Baba which one come be skarett I didn't type that oh.... shocked

Bia shey it up to ten comments abeg update nah abi your twinny(bibijay12.3) tongue influence you

Lol, i had to modify so i dont get the mention again.

You've seen it na grin
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Aitee1: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:

Lol, i had to modify so i dont get the mention again.

You've seen it na grin

Okay I grab...so how far about the update embarassed
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 04, 2016
Aitee1:

Okay I grab...so how far about the update embarassed

Something will show this evening, that's a promise wink
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Aitee1: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:

Something will show this evening, that's a promise wink

Okay dear...waiting!

Hope you don't stay near bibijay123 cos their transformer don blow grin

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2016
skarlett:
Something about the glazed look in his eyes made her nervous and edgy. The bar was in the sitting room yet he’d walked all the way to the kitchen that was down the hallway to ask her to get him his drink. She felt his eyes bore holes in her back as she fetched his beer, the silence in the room was like that of a graveyard’s.
“When does your mother return from the hospital?” he asked as she handed him the beer.
I was crossing my fingers here, anticipating rape.

Don't let Kelechi die please. I would like to see that family reconcile. Thruth be spoken, they both were deceived by life or nature. Mama marring a man he doesn't want. Papa carries a burden of seeing someone's child grow right in front of him, when he has none and then.....
skarlett:
“And what if we do? Did you care about what the neighbors would say when you left me for your lover? Despite all I did for you, how I covered your shame, one word from him and you were already running.”
If pastor wasn't married, she would have left kelechi for sure and because of this, she maybe deserves less happiness than Kelechi. She doesn't deserve to be a murder though, for Nna sake cry

See me, almost employing myself as second writer. Excuse me Madam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by mhisbliss(f): 3:26pm On Oct 04, 2016

skarlett you're a prolific writer, i feel honored for the special dedication, i need more of it and am hooked till the end, keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Anugod(f): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2016
More data to your phone. You write well sis, please bring more updates o.

This family sha undecided

Buh wait o, where do you get your ideas from?

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 04, 2016
I started reading today, you're an awsome writer. I can't wait for the next update. Nice work skarlett cool

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Aitee1:

Okay dear...waiting!

Hope you don't stay near bibijay123 cos their transformer don blow grin

I dont o grin
Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 04, 2016
Anugod:
More data to your phone. You write well sis, please bring more updates o.

This family sha undecided

Buh wait o, where do you get your ideas from?

Lol, thanks sis.

From life i guess wink

1 Like

Re: Secrets And Scandals by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2016
Dedicated to Aitee1, Jay542, osmondinho and emmynku

Twenty-Four

Mama eventually gathered her wits about her to rally around for a cab that took them to the University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH). Mama was an auxiliary staff at the hospital so it had been relatively easy to get Papa a bed in the private ward. He was unconscious but still alive and the doctors proceeded to save his life.

While they sat waiting for the prognosis, Mama paced the length and breath of the room restlessly. They weren’t alone in the waiting room but Mama didn’t care as she kept muttering under her breath.

I didn’t mean to, it was an accident. Bastard? How could he call my beautiful daughter a bastard? I could take everything else but not that, not that ugly word on my precious daughter.

Nmachi felt on the brink of tears as she watched Mama walk up and down clearly agitated. The other people in the room, a man and young lady looked at her like she’d lost her mind. There was blood on her green dress and her long hair that was usually secured in a tight bun was loose and messy but Mama didn’t care. She kept muttering to herself about her precious daughter being called a bastard.

A nurse came into the room.

“Mrs Amadi?” she asked and Nmachi shot up from her chair. Mama was drawn out of her pacing too. They approached her. “Dr. Tambari will see you now.”

Mama hurried out of the waiting room with Nma in tow. They went down the corridor to the office bearing Dr. Tambari’s name plate on the door and knocked. A deep voice from within told them to come in and they did.
Nmachi was struck in awe as she stared into the dark and handsome doctor’s eyes. He looked as adorable as a bear with his pudgy body hidden by the big desk and Nmachi would remember the soothing voice of the doctor when he told them that they had managed to stabilize Papa’s condition and suture his wound but he needed blood as the ordeal was far from over.

Nma felt hope unfurl itself like a green plant in the presence of sunlight, Papa was alive. A surge of relief rushed through her and she saw the same look of relief flood Mama’s features.

“But what inflicted such a deep wound on him?” she heard the doctor ask Mama.

Mama seemed dumbstruck and in the seconds that passed, Nma felt a trail of sweat run down her spine.
“He fell from the stairs,” she heard herself say. “It was an accident.”

Mama looked at her surprised but she saw that Mama understood and cleared her throat to corroborate her story.

“Yes doctor. He missed a step when he was coming down the stairs. He hit his head on the wooden bannister.” Mama told the doctor.

Nmachi felt like they were allies. Allies to protect their family’s secret from the prying eyes of the world like Papa usually did.

Nmachi sat writing on her bed that evening. Mama was at the hospital with Papa who had undergone a blood transfusion. She had come back home with Nma to change her clothes and gone right back to the hospital. Nma was writing in her diary.

Dear diary,
Its been years since I’ve written. I thought I’d outgrown you but right now, faced with a conflicting situation, I find you the solace I need. I suppose I should be grateful for all the years of blissful ignorance because right now I’m at a loss. I don’t know who or what I am.

Time didn’t allow Mama tell me who my real father is but I suppose it doesn’t matter now, he’s nothing but a stranger and Kelechi Amadi is the only father I’ve ever had or known.

Her mind went back to her talk with Mama that evening.

“I’m sorry Nma, this isn’t the way I wanted you to find out.”

“Please just tell me, Mama.”

“There were many times when I almost told you all of it, and the hundred of things Kelechi said in the past that might have raised your suspicion. But a part of me didn’t want you to find out too. A part of me was grateful Kelechi took you as his own so you wouldn’t face the stigma and shame.”

“Papa isn’t my real father then?” she asked a little hopeful. She couldn’t help but continue to call him Papa. She didn’t know him as anyone else.

“Mba, he isn’t.” Mama said with a note of finality.

It had felt like the ceiling of the house had come crashing down around her and then there was the eerie silence again. A lot of things began to make sense now, the incessant punishment from Papa, he had treated her shabbily because he knew, had known. She could remember all the times she’d been left feeling like she was an intruder in his home, the reminder of a painful memory. This was why, she wasn’t his, she was a bastard.

She saw the tears drop on the paper before she’d realized she was even crying. She’d been privy to the family’s secrets all these years, how many times had she corroborated Papa’s lie in the hospital that Mama’s miscarriages had been brought about by an imaginary fall from the stairs. How many times had she tried to cover up the bruises from Papa’s belt with her cardigan. Nothing had ever been the matter yet Nmachi Amadi was considered a recluse amongst her peers.
She was let in on the family’s biggest secret and suddenly she preferred the bliss of ignorance.

Victory hated holding a grudge against Nma so she decided she would try to talk to her in school the next day and even if Nma gave some of her cryptic responses, she wouldn’t hold it against her. Nma had a right to keep to herself if she wanted and since she’d shown herself to be a reliable friend, she deserved Victory’s understanding.

“Hey N,” she said greeting Nma as she hurried out of the class to go to the library.

“Not now Victory, I’m not in the mood,” Nma said and scurried away. A black book slipped out of the pile she was holding but she didn’t stop to retrieve it.

Victory felt shocked at her behavior and wordlessly picked up the little book. “Nma!” she called but Nma didn’t turn, she ignored her and kept walking down the corridor. Victory felt like a fool standing there, she’d never felt as insulted. Cynthia came out of the class.

“What’s up Vic?”

“Nothing much, I’m just there.”

She looked at her suspiciously and her gaze fell on the book she was holding. “What’s that in your hand?”

Victory looked at the book that looked like a diary. “I don’t know, Nma dropped it. Wanted to give her back but she ignored me.”

A peculiar look crossed Cynthia’s features as she collected the book from her. “If it isn’t Miss Prissy’s diary,” she opened it before Victory could react. “Now lets take a trip into Miss Prissy’s little world,” she said flipping a page dramatically.

9 Likes 8 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Diary Of An Assistant Girlfriend / The Coffee Shop - by Dr Ogo / Finding Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.