Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,854 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession (4012 Views)

Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria / ''president Buhari Is Suffering From Dementia, May Die Of Complications'-doctors / There Is Suffering In The Land, Saraki Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by kabman: 11:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
North east and south south
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by DozieInc(m): 11:13pm On Sep 12, 2016
totit:

Loolz
Yimu you.

Haven't you realised that we are in this recession as a result of that? Now,tell me what's happening now, diversification isn't it?
Sooner or later that was going to happen anywhere. So what's the future and how are those importers and exporters going to survive now or in years to come?

I pity una.
Una better embark on local production that's backed and base on local raw material grin

Cheii you still don't get ni cheesy

1 love o cheesy

To answer your first question.

Gov't policies over the years killed off local industries like flies, to an extent foreign goods became cheaper with more quality than its local rival, due to the diff in cost of production.

your second question.

diversification really??
Can you show me any concrete gov't policy to back up your claim?
Aba, Nnewi, Owerri and Onitsha have been striving outside the oil sector.

your third question.

These people have always shown understanding of the times and trend, so chill.

your forth paragraph is the only sensible thing you have posted so far, So you now realise who pays for the extra cost of the TRADER'S IMPORTS??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by totit: 12:50am On Sep 13, 2016
DozieInc:

To answer your first question.

Gov't policies over the years killed off local industries like flies, to an extent foreign goods became cheaper with more quality than its local rival, due to the diff in cost of production.

your second question.

diversification really??
Can you show me any concrete gov't policy to back up your claim?
Aba, Nnewi, Owerri and Onitsha have been striving outside the oil sector.

your third question.

These people have always shown understanding of the times and trend, so chill.

your forth paragraph is the only sensible thing you have posted so far, So you now realise who pays for the extra cost of the TRADER'S IMPORTS??

Looolz
Bros no be fight o
Just making my point clear to you ke grin

Only sensible you said,and you replied the rest of questions?

Abeg no vex me o.

Now, back to the matter.

• This isn't about fact as sooner or later Nigerians and nigeria would be force to look inward and deal with termites that's been eating up her economy : over dependent on importation on foreign products et al

Bro, no country, I repeat can survive on importation. Nigeria economy is in recession today all thanks to importation and over dependent on foreign products.

Yes,we are being forced to diversify mind you its in progress though but we will get there.
As it is both Exporter and importer are the worst hit as far as the recession is concern. grin
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by trapQ: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2016
Your thought process is poor. So people demanding for total control of their resources makes them lazy? I don't understand you. I see you're from Anambra. Well tell your governor to start sharing anambra rice free to all the citizens of the federation.

Per the ikwerre issue, is it your problem? Isnt Lagos Omo onile worse off than the ikwerre boys? You're saying this crap cuz SE has nothing other regions benefit from.
AnambraDota:
I think for North recession started wayback ago.
Its between the South but I think South South is feeling the recession most followed by SouthWest.
I have been to virually all the major cities and towns in these aforementioned regions and know how their youths behave.

The only saving grace for the SW in this time of recession is their hardworking women and young girls but if its their youths they are long gone.

In South South, Edo women work hard like Yorubawomen aswell and help families stay out of poverty but the mentality of youths SS leave much to be desired. Ikwerre youths and their women are bunch of undesirable elements.

Whether North North or North South, North doesn't count because its only a toad that jumped from its knees and still land on its knees

1 Like

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by kettle84(m): 3:46am On Sep 13, 2016
The hunger and starvation currently ravaging the entire northern and south western Nigeria can be likened to the kind of hunger that visited Ethiopian and Somalia during the great drought of the 1990s .Owambe (parties) have suddenly become a thing of the past ever since Buhari became president.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by kettle84(m): 3:51am On Sep 13, 2016
trapQ:
Your thought process is poor. So people demanding for total control of their resources makes them lazy? I don't understand you. I see you're from Anambra. Well tell your governor to start sharing anambra rice free to all the citizens of the federation.

Per the ikwerre issue, is it your problem? Isnt Lagos Omo onile worse off than the ikwerre boys? You're saying this crap cuz SE has nothing other regions benefit from.
for your information, Imo and Abia are oil producing states and Nigeria benefit from that.

Ikwere people are the reason many southeasterns refuse to invest in Port Harcourt .

3 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by mrvitalis(m): 4:55am On Sep 13, 2016
abokibuhari:
prior to when this ani mal of a president called buhari entered, my neighbors would buy rams everywhere, in the morning of sallah they would drink and merry. today, not a single soul bought even egufe and that's the work of change, many of them dropped their kids from private to public schools, some are selling peanuts at roadsides. these are people that faired well when Jonathan was in charge but they followed tinubu who exchanged their stars for party leader position. they would suffer and scream for help, the other day one was begging me for #200 to eat and that old man voted for change. the change has begun with full speed and it might take their life away hahahaha
Bro stop lying
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by abokibuhari: 6:01am On Sep 13, 2016
mrvitalis:
Bro stop lying
I swear down
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by trapQ: 6:32am On Sep 13, 2016
With 1% oil right? How many oil companies are in those states you mentioned? Listen, what ikwerre boys do happens all over the federation.. Also its very wrong to tag NDs as lazy simply because they demand to discontinue feeding the nation. This system of government is worse than broad day light robbery.
kettle84:
for your information, Imo and Abia are oil producing states and Nigeria benefit from that.

Ikwere people are the reason many southeasterns refuse to invest in Port Harcourt .
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by kettle84(m): 6:47am On Sep 13, 2016
trapQ:
With 1% oil right? How many oil companies are in those states you mentioned? Listen, what ikwerre boys do happens all over the federation.. Also its very wrong to tag NDs as lazy simply because they demand to discontinue feeding the nation. This system of government is worse than broad day light robbery.
they will continue to feed the nation until there is no more oil there and then Nigeria will throw them away. then shall they and Ikwere people will realize that it is wrong to join the enemy against your brother in a fight. during the civil war they and Ikwere fought their brothers and sabotaged the struggle. Ikwere seized their brothers properties after the war,we have put all that away now and moved on.you said 1% oil,do u know how many underground pipes running crude from IMO and Abia to ph and Beyelsa? do you know how many communities cut out from IMO and Abia to form Rivers state because of oil? just forget. you all who cost us the war will all feel it more.

2 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by AnambraDota: 7:04am On Sep 13, 2016
trapQ:

Yes am from Anambra, barring Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibom the entire South South is a mess.
I don't generalize or judge a group of people with the act of an individual but am 100% right on Ikwerre folks.
You don't see their men or women in the banking, oil, insurance, manufacturing, ICT, real estate, trade and commerce, agriculture industries etc. Once you leave Port Harcourt City the presence of Ikwerre people fizzzle out.
They sell the highest number of tickets and stickers in the history of mankind and block major roads sitting on benches.

I have been to the UAE, Ghana and Oman, in these countries I will met like atleast an idoma, efik or an edo man hustling, countless Igbos, yorubas and some hausas but no Ikwerre person.

South South is the worst region in Nigeria barring Akwa Ibom and Cross River

2 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by trapQ: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2016
AnambraDota:

Yes am from Anambra, barring Cross Riverians and Akwa Ibom the entire South South is a mess.
I don't generalize or judge a group of people with the act of an individual but am 100% right on Ikwerre folks.
You don't see their men or women in the banking, oil, insurance, manufacturing, ICT, real estate, trade and commerce, agriculture industries etc. Once you leave Port Harcourt City the presence of Ikwerre people fizzzle out.
They sell the highest number of tickets and stickers in the history of mankind and block major roads sitting on benches.

I have been to the UAE, Ghana and Oman, in these countries I will met like atleast an idoma, efik or an edo man hustling, countless Igbos, yorubas and some hausas but no Ikwerre person.

South South is the worst region in Nigeria barring Akwa Ibom and Cross River
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 9:04am On Sep 13, 2016
totit:

O really? grin

I didn't even mention names or region.

But, anywhere bros the reality is there, staring on your face.

90% of igbos are into trading,import and export,and yes those aba boys where do you think they get their raw materials from? Even raw tyres, China countefeit,meleesinnn,wears materials, et al -Where?

Abeg me I don talk my own grin
90% of Igbos into import, export, trading?
Seriously, why are yorubas this ignorant and brandishing it?
That Igbos dominate that line doesn't mean that's all they do.
Are Igbos that few in number?
Who even bears the brunt of import/export gone bad if not the consumers like you?
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by totit: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

90% of Igbos into import, export, trading?
Seriously, why are yorubas this ignorant and brandishing it?
That Igbos dominate that line doesn't mean that's all they do.
Are Igbos that few in number?
Who even bears the brunt of import/export gone bad if not the consumers like you?

Why do you people get too emotional and bear anger while trying to express yourself on the platform-do you have anger issue ni? grin

Let's assume I was wrong with my number.
But, hey, listen majority of una will be affected directly or indirectly because one way or the other una life dependent on buying and selling.

Let's take for instance those aba boys,innoson, anambra men? Where and how do they solicit the raw materials that they use to produce these shoes, wears et al?
Anambra men nko? Car importation, buying and selling chinko phones?

Another case are Alaba boys, computer village boys,catangua boys, et al? Now tell me, isn't it obvious that majority of una are into trading-buying and settling?

Not forgetting those gala, clippers, slippers, pencil et al sellers on the street? grin
I lie

cool
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by NafeesaAA(f): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2016
Who are those committing Suicide and from which region? No Northerner have committed suicide because of the recession.
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:13am On Sep 13, 2016
totit:

Looolz
Bros no be fight o
Just making my point clear to you ke grin

Only sensible you said,and you replied the rest of questions?

Abeg no vex me o.

Now, back to the matter.

• This isn't about fact as sooner or later Nigerians and nigeria would be force to look inward and deal with termites that's been eating up her economy : over dependent on importation on foreign products et al

Bro, no country, I repeat can survive on importation. Nigeria economy is in recession today all thanks to importation and over dependent on foreign products.

Yes,we are being forced to diversify mind you its in progress though but we will get there.
As it is both Exporter and importer are the worst hit as far as the recession is concern. grin

Igbos are still the highest owners of indigenous industries, so what's your point?
No country survives on importation?
So, who made policies that favored importation more?
The last time I checked, there hasn't been any igbo president in a long while, so Dafuq did northern and yoruba presidents been doing with our economy all this while?
You must be clueless to think you as the end consumer is not one that will bear the brunt of high prices.
No be how much u buy you go sell? Does a man that imports sanitary pads use them?
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:20am On Sep 13, 2016
totit:

Why do you people get too emotional and bear anger while trying to express yourself on the platform-do you have anger issue ni? grin

Let's assume I was wrong with my number.
But, hey, listen majority of una will be affected directly or indirectly because one way or the other una life dependent on buying and selling.

Let's take for instance those aba boys,innoson, anambra men? Where and how do they solicit the raw materials that they use to produce these shoes, wears et al?
Anambra men nko? Car importation, buying and selling chinko phones?

Another case are Alaba boys, computer village boys,catangua boys, et al? Now tell me, isn't it obvious that majority of una are into trading-buying and settling?

Not forgetting those gala, clippers, slippers, pencil et al sellers on the street? grin
I lie

cool
And who buys the phone at computer village if not Nigerians?
Aliens?
Why has everyone been complaining of high prices?
Or will you go phoneless if you lose yours?
If anything, the importers can even overhype prices and blame it on dollar.
you will still buy, n he gains more.

yes, the fact Igbos dominate this sector very much doesn't mean 90% of us do it.
Igbos are the most diversified group in Nigeria.
The thread is about which region will suffer the high prices more.
With good wealth distribution, SE won't.
Moreover, import export doesn't go through the SE region, so I don't even know why you are picking on it sef.
Either ways, you are wrong
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by totit: 10:32am On Sep 13, 2016
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Igbos are still the highest owners of indigenous industries, so what's your point?
No country survives on importation?
So, who made policies that favored importation more?
The last time I checked, there hasn't been any igbo president in a long while, so Dafuq did northern and yoruba presidents been doing with our economy all this while?
You must be clueless to think you as the end consumer is not one that will bear the brunt of high prices.
No be how much u buy you go sell? Does a man that imports sanitary pads use them?

Oh really? cheesy

Please tell me more..and please,back it up with facts and stats this time abeg grin
Waiting..

Note: I don't want aba made stats or oral facts.

Thank u smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recession: Several Kaduna Families Now Eat Leaves, Lizard, Toad(photo) / Ugwuanyi Is Striving For Good Of Enugu People, Says Catholic Bishop / Kogi Election: “They Booed Me And Called Me Ashawo” — Natasha Akpoti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.