Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession (4001 Views)

Which Region Is Not Marginalized In Nigeria / ''president Buhari Is Suffering From Dementia, May Die Of Complications'-doctors / There Is Suffering In The Land, Saraki Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Bujumbura(m): 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2016
The recession we are experiencing today is biting hard on Nigerians from all work of life but there are some regions where its biting more MAYBE because of their economic system and lifestyle.

I will be analysing it based on regions and will show the strength and weakness of the region and while the recession will have more effect there
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by EternalTruths: 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
Waiting for you kiss
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Bujumbura(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
NORTH

The North comprises of NE, NW and NC. They are traditional subsistence farmers and about 80% of them live below the poverty line. Agriculture is good but Nigeria doesn't export much agricultural produce which makes them producing on a small scale level and their ROI is poor because they don't have large market to sell.

Another problem they will face is pertaining to their sociocultural lifestyle which allows them to marry many wives with a lot of children to feed.

With a low productivity in agricultural sector and a large mouth to feed there will be hunger there and people won't have money to buy other necessity since the price of other goods went up.

Verdict: WORST

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Bujumbura(m): 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2016
South West

The South west comprises of yoruba speaking states and its citizens are into agriculture, commerce. Agriculture is practised on a subsistence way here and there are a lot of industries dotting the landscape which employ most of their citizens. The tightening of Forex has led to most of these industries retrenching thousands of workers with many living in urban centres where cost of living is high.
The amount of yorubas who lost their jobs in this recession is higher than any other region because most of the SWesterners are into white collar job

Verdict: BAD

11 Likes

SS
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Bujumbura(m): 7:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
SOUTH EAST
The SE comprises the igbo speaking states and they are known for Farming and Commerce. Majority of their youths are traders which will make them to transfer any increase in their goods to the final consumers. The igbos are feeling pangs of it
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by daomi(m): 7:57pm On Sep 12, 2016
The region that complain most

4 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Balkan(m): 7:59pm On Sep 12, 2016
Southwest

5 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by bodejohn(m): 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2016
The 5 percent...

4 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by yorubasmustprosper(f): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2016
The whole area of the country is suffering this Buhari cluelessness just the same..

No part of the country is spared.
Nigeria is a mono-economy and everything goes round and round in the same format..

Cement, fuel, diesel, building bricks, plastic tanks, Aluminium roofs, Garri, rice,noddles, red and g-oil ETA all sell at almost the same amount if not same in every part of this country..

4 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Emancipation: 8:29pm On Sep 12, 2016
The North is definitely suffering the most especially the north east and the south east is suffering the least.

The south east has the following advantages:

1) Vibrant diaspora community all over the world that send money back home.

2) The culture of no room for Laziness. IN the south east, If you are a lazy man or woman, you will die.

3) Diversification of south easterners in both commerce and manufacturing.

4) Vibrant middle class that continues to grow even with bad economy (much slower now). Wealth is more spread out in the east than in other regions.

5) Proliferation of various housing estate even in a bad economy. Just this year alone, multiple housing project by private individuals is coming up in places like Imo, Anambra and Enugu

6) Local and Foreign investments from both the diaspora and local business men. Anambra state is the best example for this.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Tundenoni(m): 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
are u sure is not this nigga's tribe?

1 Like

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by amc: 8:32pm On Sep 12, 2016
Your answer should in who are the ones complaining the most? Definitely not the North nor the SW.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:35pm On Sep 12, 2016
Proudly Igbo cool

See my signature.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Emancipation: 8:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
amc:
Your answer should in who are the ones complaining the most? Definitely not the North nor the SW.

You are free to open up another thread to discuss that but thats not what OP asked.

1 Like

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by mightyhazell: 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2016
amc:
some ppl are not just good at keeping quiet under oppression and other unpleasant conditions. Those dat complain most loves life most! Its normal for ths type of ppl 2 wail wen there's an avoidable disaster in the land

10 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by AnambraDota: 8:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
I think for North recession started wayback ago.
Its between the South but I think South South is feeling the recession most followed by SouthWest.
I have been to virually all the major cities and towns in these aforementioned regions and know how their youths behave.

The only saving grace for the SW in this time of recession is their hardworking women and young girls but if its their youths they are long gone.

In South South, Edo women work hard like Yorubawomen aswell and help families stay out of poverty but the mentality of youths SS leave much to be desired. Ikwerre youths and their women are bunch of undesirable elements.

Whether North North or North South, North doesn't count because its only a toad that jumped from its knees and still land on its knees

2 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Emancipation: 9:06pm On Sep 12, 2016
AnambraDota:
I think for North recession started wayback ago.
Its between the South but I think South South is feeling the recession most followed by SouthWest.
I have been to virually all the major cities and towns in these aforementioned regions and know how their youths behave.

The only saving grace for the SW in this time of recession is their hardworking women and young girls but if its their youths they are long gone.

In South South, Edo women work hard like Yorubawomen aswell and help families stay out of poverty but the mentality of youths SS leave much to be desired. Ikwerre youths and their women are bunch of undesirable elements.

Whether North North or North South, North doesn't count because its only a toad that jumped from its knees and still land on its knees

The south south is a basket case. I wouldn't generalize.

Some of them are very hard working like people from akwa ibom. A lot of them, both men and women come to Aba to buy good and sell.

4 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by totit: 9:10pm On Sep 12, 2016
I'd say, this is difficult to ascertain.

But infact,its a region, whose source of livelihood dependent on import and export.

Dollar no dey smile grin

I pity them though because for the nation to live up to her full potentials those whose source of livelihood dependent on import are in big trouble.

Anyway, the best way to figure the right answer is ,we need to look at the region with least poverty and I know SW top the list, isn't it?

1 love grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Emancipation: 9:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
totit:

But infact,its a region, whose source of livelihood dependent on import and export.

Dollar no dey smile grin

I pity them though because for the nation to live up to her full potentials those whose source of livelihood dependent on import are in big trouble.

Anyway, the best way to figure the right answer is ,we need to look at the region with least poverty and I know SW top the least, isn't it?

1 love grin

That is not true. Igbos DO NOT depend only on import and export. Plus if the cost of importation goes up, then the traders add it to the goods and the consumers pay for it.

There are so many traders that also manufacture their own goods. If you go Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, there are so many traders with cottage industries. Just because your jeans and T-shirt says made in Italy doesn't mean it is actually made in Italy. A lot of Nigerians wear and use Igbo-made products without knowing it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by totit: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
Emancipation:

That is not true. Igbos DO NOT depend only on import and export. Plus if the cost of importation goes up, then the traders add it to the goods and the consumers pay for it.

There are so many traders that also manufacture their own goods. If you go Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi, there are so many traders with cottage industries. Just because your jeans and T-shirt says made in Italy doesn't mean it is actually made in Italy. A lot of Nigerians wear and use Igbo-made products without knowing it.

O really? grin

I didn't even mention names or region.

But, anywhere bros the reality is there, staring on your face.

90% of igbos are into trading,import and export,and yes those aba boys where do you think they get their raw materials from? Even raw tyres, China countefeit,meleesinnn,wears materials, et al -Where?

Abeg me I don talk my own grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by simpleseyi: 9:30pm On Sep 12, 2016
South South miscreants are suffering most that is why they migrated to the South West to steal, rape, kill and destroy but the security forces will send them all to their early graves.

4 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by abokibuhari: 9:36pm On Sep 12, 2016
prior to when this ani mal of a president called buhari entered, my neighbors would buy rams everywhere, in the morning of sallah they would drink and merry. today, not a single soul bought even egufe and that's the work of change, many of them dropped their kids from private to public schools, some are selling peanuts at roadsides. these are people that faired well when Jonathan was in charge but they followed tinubu who exchanged their stars for party leader position. they would suffer and scream for help, the other day one was begging me for #200 to eat and that old man voted for change. the change has begun with full speed and it might take their life away hahahaha

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by nabiz(m): 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2016
I think u can identify the region by the number of crime rate ranging from committing sucide to soap stealing
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Franchise21(m): 9:50pm On Sep 12, 2016
OP, u re there... Nice analysis... Some ppl might nt like this buh idontcare
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by cjrane: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
[size=14pt]Typical Nigerian way of analyzing every issue-through TRIBALISM.

This is exactly how Buhari created recession in his futile bid to give foreign exchange only to Fulani business overlords. See the terrible price Nigeria is paying now for that disastrous economic policy.[/size]

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by KevinDein: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2016
Lol, a wankfest

Folks, South of the Niger, eastwards, yet again congregating to post rubbish just so they could feel good about themselves grin.

What a sad, petty bunch grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by computerboy: 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2016
North have always been in recession even before the civil war. They should be used to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by DozieInc(m): 10:01pm On Sep 12, 2016
The region??

SE - no
SW - no
SS - no
NE - Yes
NW - no
NC - no

N.E , The high insecurity in the region have grounded the economy of the region, farmers have been displaced, businesses have been on stand still, terrorism have retrogressed development to 1914.
They have been on recession, coupled with Bubu's change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by DozieInc(m): 10:27pm On Sep 12, 2016
totit:

Dollar no dey smile grin

Anyway, the best way to figure the right answer is ,we need to look at the region with least poverty and I know SW top the list, isn't it?

1 love grin

Nigeria is an import based economy, a consumer economy, we even import petrol, so should for-ex affect the TRADERS/IMPORTERS guess who pays the extra cost.

Your guess is correct.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
It is affecting every region but each time I travel home new housing projects going on. I was forced to ask my cousin if precession no de affect some people.
Maybe I will back up my claim with pictures by tomorrow.
Re: Which Region Is Suffering More From This Recession by totit: 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2016
DozieInc:

Nigeria is an import based economy, a consumer economy, we even import petrol, so should for-ex affect the TRADERS/IMPORTERS guess who pays the extra cost.

Your guess is correct.

Loolz
Yimu you.

Haven't you realised that we are in this recession as a result of that? Now,tell me what's happening now, diversification isn't it?
Sooner or later that was going to happen anywhere. So what's the future and how are those importers and exporters going to survive now or in years to come?

I pity una.
Una better embark on local production that's backed and base on local raw material grin

Cheii you still don't get ni cheesy

1 love o cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Nation Lost Their Christianity Faith For Judaism Is Shock And Sad! / BREAKING: Four APC Members Arrested With Thump Printed Ballot Papers, Gun In Lag / The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.