Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,393 members, 7,954,572 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:56 PM

Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? (4975 Views)

Poll: Choosethe best coach for the super Eagles!

Amodu: 3% (5 votes)
Siasia: 53% (70 votes)
Foreign Coach: 31% (42 votes)
You: 11% (15 votes)
This poll has ended

NFF Re-appoints Samson Siasia As Coach For Super Eagles / Siasia, Amodu May Replace Oliseh / NFF Confirms Sunday Oliseh As Coach For Super Eagles, Appoints Dutch Assistant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Holesher(m): 9:46pm On Oct 08, 2009
I think I should be, what is in it, field 11 players, stand by the line, and replace 3 one after the other. as simple as abc.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by slimes(m): 9:56pm On Oct 08, 2009
It hs been said times without number. How can a country start preparation only 3 months to a stiff competition and expect miracles to happen?. This is completely absurd. From my own perspective, no matter how good a coach is, this fire brigade approach would prove him futile.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by headliner: 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2009
slimes:

It hs been said times without number. How can a country start preparation only 3 months to a stiff competition and expect miracles to happen?. This is completely absurd. From my own perspective, no matter how good a coach is, this fire brigade approach would prove him futile.
may God bless you for this post,when was Siasia given the job of U-20,yet we want him to per form miracles,because he is Siasia.those asking for his head should have a re-think.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by txxxed(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
CarlosVent:

see amodu has not lost a match we should not crucify him. if Siasia goes there then he wil spoil d good name he has built.

we are not suffering from bad coach but bad management.

the management influences d coach on players that will play and with this Nigeria is going no where. the current squad of the super Eagles has only 4 players that merited to be there while other will be shown the door and young growing guys should be given chances to prove themselves.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS

guy, let me not say u are daft.
u said Amodu has not lost a match, what gives u the impression that those won matches were won by Amodu's technical and tactical input? when will Nigerians ever stop being sentimental.
even u would not lose a match as a coach with the present team. our players are very talented, and can play football when they want to play, they just need inspiration from a coach who knows the game.
Amodu no be am abeg.
and if u say its bad mgt that is killing our game, i agree, but isn't it bad mgt that hires mediocre coaches?
Look, despite the failure of the Flying Eagles in Egypt, Siasia is the best coach for the super eagles. we don't need a foreign coach at all.
Read football gist at www.gamegist.com
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Abidex45: 12:39am On Oct 09, 2009
@baba-glo, niether d coach nor d players d problem but d so called "NO FUTURE AMBITION" nfa who dictates whom 2 feature in a certain match. E.g has he ever contributes anything 2 d N.team? Who? Olofin-MISS-road, while any employed coach keep featuring him. Neither FERGIE nor MORINHO can win 9ja u-13 wit current super cockroach while Alh. Ndanusa & his jegudu-jera(kari-karichop) are still in charge of our NFA with babanriaga(robe). Up manu.

Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Abidex45: 12:47am On Oct 09, 2009
@baba-glo, niether d coach nor d players d problem but d so called "NO FUTURE AMBITION" nfa who dictates whom 2 feature in a certain match. E.g has he ever contributes anything 2 d N.team? Who? Olofin-MISS-road, while any employed coach keep featuring him. Neither FERGIE nor MORINHO can win 9ja u-13 wit current super cockroach while Alh. Ndanusa & his jegudu-jera(kari-karichop) are still in charge of our NFA with babanriaga(robe). Up manu.

Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Boboribo: 12:55am On Oct 09, 2009
Go Mourinho. The boys need someone stern to whip them in line and kick their ass once in while which our indigenous coach dare not dream of doing.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by davidif: 2:39am On Oct 09, 2009
We should try and lure Sven Goran Eriksson from the chairman's position at Notts Country back to coaching. If that doesn't work, then we could try other candidates such as;

Ruud Gullit
Gerard Houllier
Frank Rijkaard
Roberto Mancini
Hector Raul Cuper
Marco van Basten
Jurgen Klinsman
Quique Sanchez Flores (formerly of Valencia)
Felipe Scolari
Ronald Koeman.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by sley4life(m): 4:46am On Oct 09, 2009
Foreign coach assisted by siasia as the chief coach
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by DARA1234: 6:28am On Oct 09, 2009
We need to build our domestic league; make it more exciting, the government needs to establish two teams Super Eagles 1 and 2 one to be coached by Siasia and 2 by Amodu give them a base maybe one stadium each as base. Then pump real money into the club and ask these two coaches to buy any player they like, each coach to choose management team, that is; PR consultants, marketers, assistants, trainers etc give each coach equal amount of money say 5 million dollars, appoint a private audit firm eg AA to monitor their spending and allow them to compete in the domestic league for next two seasons make it a competition and you will see how much interest it will generate and revenues etc more importantly we will have consistent players and before you know it our league will be the best in Africa and we will have consistent players, we need a long term plan we need to start now we shouldn't depend on foreign players alone, to make it more exciting, ask OKOCHA, AMUNIKE, OLISEH etc to each run a new club as described above for two seasons give them enough money each and lets see the best at the end.These are ways to increase interest in the domestic league and revenue and Nigerian soccer, see koko mansion and other reality TV programs, if half of Nigerians watching the premiership put that much interest in the domestic before you know it, Nigerian Football will get the same growth NOllywood got.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by unclebros: 7:34am On Oct 09, 2009
we have a terrible and bad management, thus we need someone who has and can perform even within this environment

CLEMENCE WESTERHOF

Thats the truth guys
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by proproman(m): 7:44am On Oct 09, 2009
@davidif, stop saying (or writing) that stuff. I hate it. England did NOT invent football. Stop swallowing all this propaganda the English FA use to sell their league. The earliest known similarity to modern football was played by Greeks and Romans and the Aztecs and Incas, a mostly south american to mexican civilization (does it suprise you that Brazil, Argentina and other South American countries play the best football and produce the best players? These guys know football to its roots). The other people known to play something like football in the ancient times were the inuit eskimoes who kicked a walrus head around and at each other as a form of pastime. They eventually used an air filled ball made from walrus skin or other materials. Even the Chinese were known to play a form of football from about 400 bc. The japanese too, played a game called kemari that was very similar to modern day football. They even used nets. England was not one of these places.These people had nothing whatsoever to do with the English game wise. All the English did was to introduce modern codes to the game and not all of the codes were by the English. Football is much older than England. Do your research before spreading falsehood.

@MrPrsdent, abokis and almajiris? Lol.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by aquita(m): 7:49am On Oct 09, 2009
For those clamouring for the removal of Amodu, let me remind you that he was the one that qualified Nigeria for France `98. Amodu is a good coach; na those super chickens dey frusrate his efforts.I don`t think Sia sia has enough experience to handle the super eagles (abi na super chickens). However, if we must employ a foreign coach, it must be a first class coach like Fabio Capello.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Dereformer(m): 8:19am On Oct 09, 2009
Irrespective of our dismal performance in the on-going under-20 world cup competition, Siasia remains the best indigenous coach Nigeria has ever produced. However, this does not change my initial stance:

(a) NFF should be closed down

(b) NFL should be closed down

(c) The budgetary appropriation to sports(football) should be diverted to ensuring steady supply of electricity in Nigeria; that way, Nigerians will be better.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by waledoy(m): 9:26am On Oct 09, 2009
Boboribo:

Go Mourinho. The boys need someone stern to whip them in line and kick their ass once in while which our indigenous coach dare not dream of doing.
well said!
to me we have the resources(talented players) what we lack is good managers(NFF/Coaches) Sia1 tried but I think he still lack some quality to be among the best coaches and Amodu dont have what it takes to lead SE, we need a foreign coach with all round quality(among d best in d world) who will put his stamp on SE who will build team base on the resources he have at his disposal and will not be looking for another 'JayJay' b4 he comes up with good team/formation and tactis a coach dat will comand a respect from the player and bring camaraderie to d dressing room dat is all we need and SE will start flourishing again.

Ruud Gullit
Gerard Houllier
Frank Rijkaard
Felipe Scolari
Roberto Mancini
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by snapshot: 10:29am On Oct 09, 2009
waledoy:

Felipe Scolari                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
no,no,no!xxxxxxxx SCOLARI, that guy almost ruined Chelsea cool
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by waledoy(m): 10:36am On Oct 09, 2009
snapshot:

d guy is better coaching a national team
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by snapshot: 10:48am On Oct 09, 2009
waledoy:

d guy is better coaching a national team
which guy and which national team are you referring to?
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by waledoy(m): 10:53am On Oct 09, 2009
Scolari

Brazil and Portugal
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by snapshot: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2009
OK you are talking about SCOLARI,well my problem with him is that,he seems to forget that football is a game that requires fitness,during his days in Chelsea almost all the players there were not fit,and fitness is one thing that an African side like Nigeria must not lack.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by waledoy(m): 11:10am On Oct 09, 2009
yes u 're right and dat is why he is better a National team coach because the fitness of the players is based on their club fitness trainning because they ave few days to train for an international duty.
though he might nt be d best candidate as dr a lots of good manager/coach/trainee but he can still manage a national side bettter.
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by go4gold107(m): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2009
Why not try Hector Cuper. His days at Inter will always be momorable!

But can NFF pay?

Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by namdo(m): 11:36am On Oct 09, 2009
I believe at this stage we don't need a foreign coach. Siasia disappointed me in his last match against Germany because he did not properly instruct the boys ( i believe so) since they could not handle a winning game and germany that was already gittery. So I think he needs experience more.

Super Eagles/Flying eagles recent displays (lack of self determination to succeed) is a play of our current street attitude: unseriousness at crucial moments, carelessness to duty, etc. It plays itself on the streets most of the time. A generation that has refused to work hard for success. So in my opinion the problem is not just the coaches but bad attitudes. If you get a foreign coach without a change of attitude, we will still see defeats.

Amodu team's successes were mixed with apprehensions and this does not mean he's a bad coach. If you take another watch at those matches you would still see the lack of zeal and determination though we won.

I go for Amodu to continue but we need a 'very good' psychologist to visit the team regularly if possible for a new attitudinal orientation. We do have good players but poor resolutions on field of play by the boys mess us up in recent times ( against Tunisia and against Germany are latest examples)
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by okeey(m): 11:59am On Oct 09, 2009
i believe changing coach does not say we shall be good in football but  it depend on our players
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Bobbyb(m): 12:35pm On Oct 09, 2009
namdo:

I believe at this stage we don't need a foreign coach. Siasia disappointed me in his last match against Germany because he did not properly instruct the boys ( i believe so) since they could not handle a winning game and germany that was already gittery. So I think he needs experience more.

Super Eagles/Flying eagles recent displays (lack of self determination to succeed) is a play of our current street attitude: unseriousness at crucial moments, carelessness to duty, etc. It plays itself on the streets most of the time. A generation that has refused to work hard for success. So in my opinion the problem is not just the coaches but bad attitudes. If you get a foreign coach without a change of attitude, we will still see defeats.

Amodu team's successes were mixed with apprehensions and this does not mean he's a bad coach. If you take another watch at those matches you would still see the lack of zeal and determination though we won.

I go for Amodu to continue but we need a 'very good' psychologist to visit the team regularly if possible for a new attitudinal orientation. We do have good players but poor resolutions on field of play by the boys mess us up in recent times ( against Tunisia and against Germany are latest examples)

Yes i totally agree we don't need a foreign coach. But Siasia should really have had everything under control especially when having some double advantage in the game: A man down and a 1 goal margin.keep it simple,pass the ball around and run the Germans into the ground!!! But afta dis result,most-def he didn't do soo.But let's give the germans credit they continue their tradition of been unskill,powerful,full of energy,Great technique and very direct. You can ask the classic teams of England,Italy,Brazil,France and Argentina.
           And all fellow Nigerians the truth be said we have some of the most over-rated and over-hyped players on the continent! Like Mikel,Yobo,Taiwo.etc We keep hyping these players before international tournaments,and when these players play 2 the best of their average abilities,we start raining insults.and i will alwayz say these we have neva produced a player like SAMUEL ETO'O.
           And it's also fair to give Amodu some credit also coz of all d indigenous coaches we have had he seemed to have come up with the best results.Infact since westerhof left,he has been the most EFFECTIVE Nigerian coach.The guy inherited a team with poor morale,lost their winning mentality afta Berti Goat had done Badly with the team, brought back some confidence,winning mentality got the most important thing back: THE RESULTS in the first round of qualifiers even though we ungrateful Nigerians said he wasn't winning the games in 'style'.The second round of qualifiers were decent not until the players decided not to instill self-discipline and professionalism in their soccer when all permutations was in their own hands.So far Amodu and his crew of Amokachi, Shorunmu, is quite good on 9ja standards.Lets jst keep our fingers crossed on qualification nw OHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by Hakeemval: 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
Honestly speaking, the nose-diving of football in Nigeria generally can be traced down to our maladministration. I dont think our ex players are doing us any good by folding their arms and watch what they laboured for years to build falling even when some of them are still alive. The Okochas, Olisehs, Odegbamis, Amunikes, Taribos of the world shouls stop blaming the so called self-centred administrators and those highly indisciplined, unpatriotic, half-baked, lazy and arrogant footballers representing(or disgracing) our dear nation at major competitions.

Thruth must be told, Siasia has performed wonderfully well within the short period of time he has served this country. Being runner up at two different major competitions (2005 U-20 and 2008 Olympic game) are not fluke at all. But his recent performance at the maiden edition of FIFA -U20 chanpionship on going in Egypt has negated that. I am a die hard fan of the world cup coach, Sia1 but I must say I'm highly dissapointed in the overall performance of his team. Frankly speaking, I judge a good coach by his team performance, of which Siasia performed below average this time around. Please Nigerians don't crucify me, for our football to move forward and belong to the class of Brazil and Spain that I think we rightly belong based on the natural talents abound in our country we need to tell ourselves the home truth.

However, The Fashanus, Okochas, Odegbamis, Amunikes, Taribos should come together and find their way (if to buy, they should not esitate) to the cracking Glass House, NFF board as administrators so as to save Nigeria Football. I still say it, only the ex internationals can save Nigeria football from this mess we found ourselves. While the likes of Siasia, Amodu, Iroha, Eguavoen, Mercy Akide, Florence Omagbemi and Amokachi should go back to coaching schools and update their Cvs with modern coaching skills. They are not yet in the calibre of Aragones, Hindik and Jurgen Klinsmann though Siasia and Amodu seem to be at the fore front for now.

Nigerian Premier League,YSFON, the football Academies and grasshoot football development in Nigeria  are very key to our reckoning back to world football. Please let us do it together!
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by chiozor: 1:34pm On Oct 09, 2009
Yardua with Turai as his assistant can revive the slumbering squad, grin
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by otukpo(f): 1:57pm On Oct 09, 2009
Foreign coach
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by KennyG6(m): 2:41pm On Oct 09, 2009
Stephen Keshi would get my vote
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by nsikis: 4:11pm On Oct 09, 2009
Shame to Nigerian Players. The Soccer hot history is gone why? Simply because our players have no respect for home matches. personally watching the few nonscence played  by nigerian players is a total mess to me. sha we hope for change but when?

Visit your guy at www.pimpthecomputer..com
Re: Siasia, Amodu, You Or A Foreign Coach For Super Eagles Job? by luckyz4rea(m): 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2009
Y shuld siasia not be taken as the coach for super eagles?is it because they did not qualify for the youth championship?.irrespective of the qualification for the youth/chpship,i think siasia is the coach for the super eagles.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ronaldo, Ramos Meets With Nyesom Wike In Spain (photo) / Nigeria Is Ready For American Football / Today In History: Samuel Okwaraji Died 33 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.