Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,095 members, 7,821,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

I Need Advice On How To Store Onions. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Need Advice On How To Store Onions. (3617 Views)

How To Store Beans In Large Quantity For A Long Period Of Time / Need Advice On How To Run An Ugwu Farm. / How To Store Quail Eggs Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On How To Store Onions. by Adonkia(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2016
I want to buy onions in large quantity for storage so as to sell later. please i need advice from experts on how to go about it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On How To Store Onions. by Neduzze5(m): 9:38am On Sep 13, 2016
Onions should not be packed together. They should be spread out on cool dry places, not on the floor sha maybe on a bag and brought out under the sun once in a week to avoid spoiling.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Store Onions. by kyuthman: 10:24am On Sep 13, 2016
Who farm the onions? Ones there is to much fertilizer during the farming u May encounter serious rout. Put ur onions in a well ventilated room on top of dry sand or dry hausa mat. spread it very well on the ground and be turning it once in two weeks gradually. Don't allow water or rain to touch it.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Store Onions. by QUEENCHIGO: 4:35pm On Oct 09, 2017
if the onions have just been harvested remember to cure them. Check out how to cure onions here http://www.gricd.com.ng/2017/10/09/how-to-harvest-onions-and-prevent-spoilage-by-curing/

Also, ensure that the onions have not already been previously damaged, injured, diseased or rotting, it will cause the spread of diseases and rotting among other onions. Try not to pack them together as well and spread them out in a shade

(1) (Reply)

AGRIBUSINESS: How You Can Make Money From Moringa Farming / My Little Tomatoes And Cabbage Garden (PHOTOS) / Pigs For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.