Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Joomla For Newbies! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Joomla For Newbies! (2868 Views)

Big Companies Using Joomla For Their Websites / Joomla For Designing E Commerce Site Possible? / Joomla! For Or Against (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hello guys, I am a newbie with joomla, and seem to be having problems as i try to explore it. Can pros in the house please enlighten me on what I need to know as a starter.

first on my installation page I am having these error messages
C:\wamp\www\funassembly\assembly\libraries\pattemplate\patTemplate.php on line 1424
C:\wamp\www\funassembly\assembly\libraries\pattemplate\patErrorManager.php on line 202

Thanks!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by yawatide(f): 6:37pm On Oct 08, 2009
Maybe it's just me but what I see here is line number (which could mean anything) and no explicit error(s) mentioned.

You mind being more explicit? Thanks.
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by dgreatrock(m): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2009
i am interested
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by OmniPotens(m): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2009
@kok Have you gone to see what happened to those lines in question? View them to understand what's wrong with them then,
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by noibilism(m): 12:46pm On Oct 10, 2009
I can give you a free e-book on joomla "Joomla For Dummies" send me a mail noiblism@gmail.com with the subject "Joomla 4 Dummies"
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by dgreatrock(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2009
@ nobil
pls ur email is not correct
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 9:23am On Oct 12, 2009
Top of the day guys. please accept my apology for reporting late. I have been off duty since I posted the last message.

The actual error messages are:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\funassembly\joomla\libraries\pattemplate\patTemplate.php on line 1424
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\funassembly\joomla\libraries\pattemplate\patErrorManager.php on line 202

What I have on line 1424: $this->_modules[$moduleType][$sig] = &new $moduleClass;

and on line 202 of the stated file: $error =& new $class( $level, $code, $msg, $info );

Another problem is this, I read through the joomla installation guide and did set it up manually but when I tried to log into the administration login it still bounce, even when I can access the database to confirm the login detail. I even had to copy and paste, it still bounce. please what could be the problem??

Thanks all!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by noibilism(m): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2009
noibilism@gmail.com
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by ikmomen(m): 10:37am On Oct 13, 2009
kok:

Top of the day guys. please accept my apology for reporting late. I have been off duty since I posted the last message.

The actual error messages are:

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\funassembly\joomla\libraries\pattemplate\patTemplate.php on line 1424
Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\funassembly\joomla\libraries\pattemplate\patErrorManager.php on line 202

What I have on line 1424: $this->_modules[$moduleType][$sig] = &new $moduleClass;

and on line 202 of the stated file: $error =& new $class( $level, $code, $msg, $info );

Another problem is this, I read through the joomla installation guide and did set it up manually but when I tried to log into the administration login it still bounce, even when I can access the database to confirm the login detail. I even had to copy and paste, it still bounce. please what could be the problem??

Thanks all!
\

try the fantastico installation in your cPanel
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by yawatide(f): 11:08am On Oct 13, 2009
before fantastico, delete any existing joomla tables (usually prefixed by "jos_"). As a matter of fact, delete the entire database that you created for joomla (if using an existing database that you already have, just delete the tables as referenced in my first sentence).

good luck!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2009
Thank you guys! I really appreciate.

@yawatide. I have just done what you advice. deleted all the database on my server, it still pops out thesame error message.

@ikmomen. PLZ, How do I go about the fastastico method?
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by yawatide(f): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2009
hmm, next question:
What version of php are you running?  I believe the latest joomla software requires php5, not 4.  I say this cos I just now noticed the "deprecated" as part of your error msg. Maybe it isn't the problem but recently, I was installing community builder on a client's joomla site and nothing was working. It was only after I was searching for something else that my eye caught that the host was still using php4. After I requested for an upgrade, the problem went away.

Check it and let us know.

Thanks
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by hostmot(f): 3:05am On Oct 14, 2009
Deprecated messages are just for the coder to know that the language constructs being used are outdated and are already phased out. In most cases, the code still runs fine, the error just gets thrown according to the error reporting level that you have set in php.ini. from what you have posted, I am unable to deduce what goes on right there.

perhaps posting for help on any one of the joomla forums out there might solve your problems quicker.

Olawunmi,
Sales Rep., Hostmot (www.hostmot.com)
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by TechPros(m): 5:48am On Oct 14, 2009
Exactly, the version of php should be d problem
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 7:53pm On Oct 15, 2009
I am using the latest version of Wamp server which I think is PHP5 compatible. either way, I will check it out.

Thanks for all your info!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 5:25pm On Oct 16, 2009
yea guys, it works now! Thanks for all your support. I had to uninstall the Wampserver and re-install it. Though the "Deprecated" error still appears but its perfect now.

@olawunmi, I you are absolutely right about the error message been a notice of an outdated language. Thanks!

@yawa-ti-de; I appreciate your infos. Thanks! I owe u a rap of Guguru & Ekpa! grin
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by yawatide(f): 6:08pm On Oct 16, 2009
he he, glad to know that it works. We are all here to learn and be taught. Now you have something added to your arsenal for when it happens to you again and/or someone approaches you with the same issue wink
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 2:39pm On Oct 17, 2009
yea thanks! you can say that again, and again and again!!!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by wrex001(m): 6:06pm On Oct 19, 2009
Greeting to everyone in the house. A joomla newbie is here.

How do I use joomla!?
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by yawatide(f): 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2009
www.joomla.org should point you in the right direction.

good luck!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by cartoon1b: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2009
pls and pls can someone out there help on how i can install script on the server can anyone out there teach me that,with step by step picture guide, what and what that i have to do first before, and what and what that i need to do first
here is my email robhilson24@rediff.com
the script is php

actually will be hoping to hear from you soon,
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by yawatide(f): 8:09pm On Oct 20, 2009
1) stop triple posting
2) you install it the same way you install html - ftp or click "upload" in ur cpanel. There is nothing special about "script". A file is a file is a guess what? you got it - a file wink

good luck!
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 21, 2009
So all along you meant uploading a php script to a server.Why not use a ftp client or doesn't the server have it's own ftp uploader.
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by kok(m): 3:02pm On Nov 05, 2009
Joomla! Security News

[20091103] - Core - Front-End Editor Issue

Posted: 03 Nov 2009 08:31 AM PST
Project: Joomla!
SubProject: com_content
Severity: Moderate
Versions: 1.5.14 and all previous 1.5 releases
Exploit type: Front-End Editing
Reported Date: 2009-September-05
Fixed Date: 2009-November-03
Description

When logged into the front end with Author access, it was possible to replace an article written by another user.
Affected Installs

All 1.5.x installs prior to and including 1.5.14 are affected.
Solution

Upgrade to latest Joomla! version (1.5.15 or newer).

Reported by Hannes Papenberg
The JSST at the Joomla! Security Center.

[20091103] - Core - XML File Read Issue

Posted: 01 Nov 2009 05:03 PM PST
Project: Joomla!
SubProject: All
Severity: Low
Versions: 1.5.14 and all previous 1.5 releases
Exploit type: Extension Version Disclosure
Reported Date: 2009-October-13
Fixed Date: 2009-Nov-03
Description

It is possible to read the contents of an extension's XML file and find the version number of the installed extension. This could allow people to exploit a known security flaws for a specific version of an extension.
Affected Installs

All 1.5.x installs prior to and including 1.5.14 are affected.
Solution

Turn on Apache mod_rewrite and configure your .htaccess file to filter out XML files. In the htaccess.txt file shipped with version 1.5.15, lines 35-39 contain example code that will deny access to XML files. You can incorporate this code (or similar code) into your .htaccess file. Be sure to test that it does not cause problems on your site.

Reported by WHK and Gergő Erdősi
Re: Joomla For Newbies! by emonkey(m): 10:56am On Aug 23, 2010
I can show you how to develop exciting Joomla sites like a pro in 1 day if you text your email to 08031811137

(1) (Reply)

I Want Download For Free Xrumer 7.0.10 ? / E-commerce Solutions Providers In Nigeria / Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.