Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,638 members, 7,813,117 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. (20901 Views)

How To Free More Memory Space On Android Device / Help.....infinix Zero 3 Internal Memory Space Error / SCARY! Help!something Is Eating Up My Phone Memory Space! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Chudichu(m): 9:47am On Sep 13, 2016
This is a quick fix for one of the most annoying notifications on Android "insufficient memory" and get more space on your Android.

Most andriod users have at least once seen that notification. This problem of "low memory space on android phone" often comes while trying to update apps on Google play store, take new pictures, downloading or when recording a video. This leads to the question, how to clear up memory on Android?

I for have this low storage space on Android regularly, it's better your get smartphones with more internal and expandable memory. The Huawei Honor 8 and the ASUS ZenFone 3 Deluxe could be options.

However for those wish to stay with their present smartphone, this tips on getting more free memory on Android is definitely for you.

5 top tips to free memory on Android

1. Delete cached maps.

Do you have the habit of caching offline maps in advance, as you keep traveling around remote parts of the world? While this feature is helpful, it can however eat a lot of memory space on your andriod, if you have got half the country saved to your internal storage.

In Google Maps, go to Offline areas from the main app menu, tap on an area and you will get the option to delete it from your andriod memory.

2. Delete synced playlists

Maybe one of the reasons behind your andriod is running out of memory could be the different type of album collection you have on your andriod. If yes, you can quickly go through the list and delete the ones that you do not need, which in turn will give you some space on your smartphone.

In Google Play Music, you can go to Manage downloads from Settings on the main app menu to actually see tracks on your device. Tap the orange tick next to any playlist, album or song to remove it from your smartphone.

3. Delete browser downloads

Do you regularly download large files from the web and forget about them? Stock Android offers a Downloads app right in the main app drawer, so that you can quickly check what you have got in there and erase anything that are not required.

On Android, you can clear the website and history data from your mobile browsers too, but the storage space savings are unlikely to be important

4. Delete photos and videos

Have a huge collection of memorable pictures or 4K video clips but do not wish to delete them? While the easier option to make space on your smartphone would be to go to the gallery app of your choice and just delete some of the images and clips. However, you may want to retain most of them.

For Android smartphones, there is Google Photos that offers free up device storage option on the main app menu that scans for pictures and videos that have already transferred to the cloud and deletes the local copies. To do this on Android devices manually, go to Device folders from the app menu, choose a group of pictures, tap the three dots on the menu bar and select Delete device copy.

5. Delete games you are no longer playing

Often the worst culprits, games eat a lot of space on your device as far as storage goes. While uninstalling apps can remove some space on your smartphone, you need to select apps of a substantial size to actually clear the decks.

It is important to double-check what happens to any saved games you have saved before removing any title. However, if they are in a safe place in the cloud (or you just don’t want them), then erasing games you are no longer playing can be a real space saver.

To check out how much storage each game utilizes on Android, you can go to Settings and tap on Apps.

gadgetshost..com.ng/2016/09/top-5-ways-to-get-more-memory-space-on-andriod.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by kunlesehan(m): 11:33am On Sep 13, 2016
nice info. Thanks op

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Chudichu(m): 12:03pm On Sep 13, 2016
kunlesehan:
nice info. Thanks op
Welcome

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Chudichu(m): 1:48pm On Nov 24, 2016
Helpful tips.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by investigator007: 6:28pm On Nov 24, 2016
Wow nice info, thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by herkeym001(m): 7:05am On Nov 25, 2016
OK
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Young03(m): 7:06am On Nov 25, 2016
we know all these things nah
proudly tech guru

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by XploraBen(m): 7:09am On Nov 25, 2016
This is informative...though I do some of the listed.

Meanwhile, today is my birthday. Show me some likes kiss If the likes is quite much,I might take it to Nairaland Bank to exchange it for some cash grin

#Nov25thborn

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by austinbrown: 7:11am On Nov 25, 2016
So OP u want make I delete all my blue films? It won't work for u sir, I reject it

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Bryan12(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Young03:

proudly tech guru
be showing yourself undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Histrings08(m): 7:12am On Nov 25, 2016
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Abayor7: 7:14am On Nov 25, 2016
l
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by jamadi84: 7:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Not bad sha
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by okowande(f): 7:17am On Nov 25, 2016
Just in time. Thnks a lot. Wot i normally do is to reset to factory settin. Wit ur discovery kosi stress mo.
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by godunia(m): 7:21am On Nov 25, 2016
6. Buy another phone

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by carik(m): 7:22am On Nov 25, 2016
Chudichu:
This is a quick fix for one of the most annoying notifications on Android "insufficient memory" and get more space on your Android.

gadgetshost..com.ng/2016/09/top-5-ways-to-get-more-memory-space-on-andriod.html?m=1

@ Op,please how do I fix the 'invalid imei' display on my tecno Y3S which has disabled my sim 2 card port.
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by MzMercie: 7:24am On Nov 25, 2016
Thanks OP, having this low memory iss
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by justicejay(m): 7:26am On Nov 25, 2016
XploraBen:
This is informative...though I do some of the listed.

Meanwhile, today is my birthday. Show me some likes kiss

#Nov25thborn
On your birthday, the only thing you wish for is likes on nairaland not even a word of prayer or wish of good things. Smh.
Anyway may the remaining years of yours on earth be blessed and rise even more than you expectation. Have a blast.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Joshrob(m): 7:28am On Nov 25, 2016
how do i transfer App's from phone memory to external memory and make my external memory cards my default memory

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by jeeqaa7(m): 7:29am On Nov 25, 2016
u
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 25, 2016
jNOW DAT DATA WILL BE INCREASING BY DECEMBER, ALL YOU NEED IS TO REPLY DIS POST AND I WILL SHARE GLO FREE BROWSING TWEAK DAT HAVE BEING EXISTING SINCE JUNE

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by XploraBen(m): 7:35am On Nov 25, 2016
justicejay:

On your birthday, the only thing you wish for is likes on nairaland not even a word of prayer or wish of good things. Smh.
Anyway may the remaining years of yours on earth be blessed and rise even more than you expectation. Have a blast.
Big thanks bro.I dont' want to derail the topic with request of words of prayer,the reason I asked for likes.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Davidatita: 7:38am On Nov 25, 2016
austinbrown:
So OP u want make I delete all my blue films? It won't work for u sir, I reject it
austinbrown:
austinbrown:
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by Appdriod: 7:40am On Nov 25, 2016
Cool
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by ekmike(m): 7:46am On Nov 25, 2016
Finally, Get an external SD card where you can move important files cos you will eventually run out of space even with you 16gb /32gb internal memory
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by seunlayi(m): 7:54am On Nov 25, 2016
Buy a phone with more ram

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by pxjosh(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2016
Delete the .crypt files under WhatsApp database.
Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by ayofimihan(m): 8:16am On Nov 25, 2016
Quick Tip. DELETE INSTAGRAM CACHED VIDEOS

A lot of people don't know this but when you watch videos on instagram, it is automatically stored on your device. It eats up a lot of memory to the extent that when/if i don't delete it for 2 days, it sometimes get up to 300mb.
All you have to do is go to your FILE MANAGER--> INTERNAL/EXTERNAL MEMORY--> ANDRIOD--> DATA--> COM.INSTAGRAM.ANDRIOD--> CACHE--> VIDEO Delete the folder and you're good to go!
You can do this every other day. Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Ways To Get More Memory Space On Your Android. by eezeribe(m): 8:44am On Nov 25, 2016
Young03:
proudly tech guru
Who you epp with your knowledge

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is The TECNO Phantom 8 Too Expensive For 128,000? / How Much Should The Oukitel K10000 Max Sell In Nigeria / Glo Blackberry Subscription(daily)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.