Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,037 members, 7,845,372 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Barcelona Fans Thread. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread. (73921 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 9:54am On Nov 11, 2009
@khanye thanks for that highlights
i know fully well that we must trash them

up Guyss

@muki
why u dey ban our man like this, haba pity ur guys abeg oh
countdown1:

Abi ooo, I don even tire for that Romance and sexuality thread, but as a lover boy he go hard, Rainbow u know as he dey go.

hahaha i no fit shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 10:00am On Nov 11, 2009
Robert Enke dieswww.fcbarcelona.cat

Robert Enke, who played for Barca during the 2002/03 season died this afternoon at the age of 32, according to the President of Hannover 96, his current club.

Robert Enke signed for Barca in the summer of 2002 from Benfica. Enke shared the keepers' spot with Roberto Bonano and the young Victor Valdes and under coach Louis Van Gaal played one league, one Spanish Cup and two Champions League games.

On leaving Barca, Enke played for Fenerbahce, Tenerife and Hannover 96. Robert Enke also played 7 times for Germany.

The club deeply regrets his death and would like to pass on their sympathies to his current club and his family.

Chai may his soul rest in peace Amen
my guys lets exercise one minute silence for our past guy.
he we go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by kokonets(m): 11:55am On Nov 11, 2009
scantee:

Robert Enke dieswww.fcbarcelona.cat

Robert Enke, who played for Barca during the 2002/03 season died this afternoon at the age of 32, according to the President of Hannover 96, his current club.

Robert Enke signed for Barca in the summer of 2002 from Benfica. Enke shared the keepers' spot with Roberto Bonano and the young Victor Valdes and under coach Louis Van Gaal played one league, one Spanish Cup and two Champions League games.

On leaving Barca, Enke played for Fenerbahce, Tenerife and Hannover 96. Robert Enke also played 7 times for Germany.

The club deeply regrets his death and would like to pass on their sympathies to his current club and his family.

Chai may his soul rest in peace Amen
my guys lets exercise one minute silence for our past guy.
he we go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen oooo Up barca make inter come make we maul dem 2
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2009
Bojan goals boost confidence www.fcbarcelona.cat

Barca's young striker scored twice on Tuesday night and he admitted that he'd found it hard to come back after injury, but that the goals would give him”a lot of self confidence”.

Once again, the younger players proved they can fill the boots of their more illustrious team mates and proof of Barca's ability to turn out home grown talent was the fact that all five goals were scored by ex-youth team players. Although in the goals, Andreu Fontàs and Jonatan Dos Santos also played well as Guardiola showed what a deep well of talent he has at his disposal.

Below are some of the players' post match comments:

Bojan

“What makes a striker happy is scoring goals. It's hard when you don't score, but tonight I enjoyed myself and I'm very happy”.

“As a player you just want to play, that's what makes you happy. Now I just want to keep on working and be part of this team”.

“It might have deems an easy tie, but Leon played good football. The important thing was to get through to the next round”.

“Madrid's defeat shows that you always have to have humility”.

“I'm 19 and I have to keep improving and take the chance that come my way to feel an important part of the squad”.

“It's logical that Ibra plays a lot, as he's a world class star and cost the club a lot of money”.

Iniesta

“These games in the early rounds are difficult and the important thing is your attitude”

“It's a knock out, but you have to respect your opponents, the fans and yourselves and treat it like a league game”.

“We always pressure high up the pitch. That's our way and we do it from the first minute to the last”.

Pedro

“I'm happy again for a win and a goal. Thanks to my team mates and Andres who gave me a great pass that left me alone on the keeper”.

“We dominated the first half, but it was hard work. We were patient in the second and they tired – that's when the goals came”.

“I'm very happy for Bojan, because those two goals will be good for his confidence”.

Pinto

“We played a good second half. They did well in the first half, but the physical effort told on them in the second”

“These are not easy games. Even though we were ahead from the first leg, you have to keep your focus”.

“I'm not interested in Madrid's defeat. Our philosophy is to concentrate only on our own game”.

“There weren't many people at the game, but those who came got behind us and enjoyed themselves”.

Alves

“I'm happy we are through to the next round. It was hard to get on top, because they were clearly fired up at the start”.

“Madrid's defeat just goes to show that you have to be very focussed on these games and have maximum respect for your opponents
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 12:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
[size=15pt]Fifth Round Copa del Rey Draw: Real Madrid Conquerors Alcorcon Face Barcelona
[/size]

The fifth round of the 2009/10 Copa del Rey has thrown up some interesting pairings, with the first and second legs to be contested in the weeks beginning January 4 2010 and January 11 respectively.

Alcorcon's reward for their historic win over Real Madrid is another mouthwatering encounter with Barcelona. Can the minnows topple the Copa champions or will Barca show Los Merengues how it is done?   grin grin grin

Atletico Madrid play Sevilla and Valencia take on Villarreal in the two stand-out fixtures in the fifth round. Five games are still to be decided from the fourth round. grin grin (I can't complain.)
 (goal.com)
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 12:43pm On Nov 11, 2009
Guardiola pleased with serious approachVanessa Forns

After ensuring a place in the last 16 of the Spanish Cup, Pep Guardiola stressed the serious approach his team had taken to the game against Cultural Leonesa.

Ever since the draw was made, Guardiola had been insisting that this tie was potentially a dangerous one, even though the opposition were down in the third division and after the win he congratulated his players on : “the seriousness with which they approached the preparation for this tie” and stressed that Leon had been: a hard working, well organised team, with a very organised defence”.

“That' s the way forward”

“The first cup game is always a bit complicated, because you go into it as the big favourite -we struggled last year against Benidorm. I really want to congratulate my players on the serious attitude they've shown. That's the way forward for us, you have to play each game at the top level. If you don't go into a game seriously, then anything can happen. Now we just have to keep on in this way”.

“Madrid will have more time for the league”

Guardiola refused to be drawn on Madrid's shock cup knock out to third division Alcorcon: “I don't know what the repercussions will be. That's something they will have to look at. These things can happen, but they are a big team and this will give them more time to recover between league games”.

Bojan

Bojan Krkic was undoubtedly one of the night's big names, opening the scoring with his two second half strikes, and Guardiola praised him, saying: “I'm very happy for him, especially for how he took the first goal. He's got to keep working hard, I want the most out of him because we really need him. He's an asset to this club”.

Win dedicated to Enke and César

Guardiola thanked the more than 26,000 crowd who turned up for the match and dedicated the win to Robert Enke, who died on Tuesday, and to the family of the keeper Cesar, one of Barca's best ever players who also played for Leon.

Ibra to quit Sweden?

Finally, Guardiola confirmed that Ibrahimovic had discussed the possibility of retiring from the international game: “he mentioned it to me and I told him that it was a personal matter for him to decide. What I want is for him to work hard and get involved here, to do things right. Whatever he decides will be okay”.

Images: Miguel Ruiz (FCB)Laporta: “the players put on a show”Club President Joan Laporta was especially pleased with the team's performance, claiming: “we did what we had to, which was win the tie. The fans who came enjoyed themselves because the players put on a good show for them”.

“All the players did well: Bojan's goal will be a big morale boost for him, Sergio Busquets was extraordinary, Pinto, Fontàs or Màrquez, who's getting back to full fitness, “. Laporta also reckoned Leon had been a “dignified opponents. They held out for the first 45 minutes, but then Barca showed the level we are at”.

As to Real Madrid's defeat, Laporta commented: “after the first leg, this was always possible. It could happen to any team, this is a knock out tournament and you always have to be on your toes”.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 12:48pm On Nov 11, 2009
Pedro gets 200th goal of the Guardiola erawww.fcbarcelona.cat

Barca's third goal against Cultural Leonesa was the team's 200th under Pep Guardiola in official games. Leo Messi with 49 (25%), is the top scorer of the Guardiola era.

Pep Guardiola has now seen his teams score more than 200 goals in the 15 months he's been in charge, averaging 2.5 goals a game. The first was against Wisla on 13th August 2008 in the qualifying rounds for the Champions League. In the 81 games played since then, the team have scored 202 goals – 158 last season and 44 so far this year.

Messi leads the scorers

The maximum goalscorer under Guardiola has been Leo Messi with 49 goals, followed by Samuel Eto’o with the 36 he scored last season and Thierry Henry (27). Behind them come Bojan (14), Keita (12), Xavi (12), Pedro (9) and Ibrahimovic (cool.

The team have scored 133 goals in the league, 39 in Champions, 24 in the Spanish Cup, 5 in the Spanish Super Cup and 1 in the European Super Cup. 118 have been scored at home – an average of nearly three a game.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by mukina2: 12:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
You guys should free my name oh.

Eyo should have posted his pic, and not mine.

The invasion of another user's privacy is now strictly prohibited
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1026.0.html
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 1:39pm On Nov 11, 2009
Barca vs zarogoza 6-1

[flash=425,344][/flash]www.youtube.com/v/hqAhmVmQVX8&hl=en&fs=1&
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 1:47pm On Nov 11, 2009
[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAhmVmQVX8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344[/flash]
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
sorry guys i just want see if i can be able to post a you tube video here.
all the same up FCB
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2009
scantee:

sorry guys i just want see if i can be able to post a you tube video here.
all the same up FCB

when did we beat zaragoza 6:1?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2009
Rubin Kazan Star Sergey Semak Names Daughter 'Barcelona'

Rubin Kazan captain Sergey Semak will not forget his side's spectacular 2-1 Champions League win against Barcelona after the midfielder decided to name his daughter after the Spanish club.

The 33-year-old gave his newly born daughter the name 'Barcelona' to honour his side's surprising performance against the Champions League titleholders.

"This is a nice way to make sure I never forget that memorable win. Additionally, it's a bit of a tribute to the beautiful football they play," Semak was quoted as saying by Sowjetski Sport.

It's not uncommon in Russia to name a child after a famous person or an important event. Barcelona is Semak's fourth child with his current wife. Their other three kids are named Maja, Semjon and Iwan.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by mukina2: 5:46pm On Nov 11, 2009
mehn na wa o . . grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 5:54pm On Nov 11, 2009
khanye:

Rubin Kazan captain Sergey Semak will not forget his side's spectacular 2-1 Champions League win against Barcelona after the midfielder decided to name his daughter after the Spanish club.

The 33-year-old gave his newly born daughter the name 'Barcelona' to honour his side's surprising performance against the Champions League titleholders.

"This is a nice way to make sure I never forget that memorable win. Additionally, it's a bit of a tribute to the beautiful football they play," Semak was quoted as saying by Sowjetski Sport.

It's not uncommon in Russia to name a child after a famous person or an important event. Barcelona is Semak's fourth child with his current wife. Their other three kids are named Maja, Semjon and Iwan.

Lol this is funny
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2009
hahahhaa
loflmao
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2009
A fantastic Cup recordJesús Carrillo

The Barça first team have really taken to the Cup under manager Pep Guardiola. They’ve won five ties and a final and are unbeaten in the competition.

The 5-0 defeat of Cultural Leonesa was Barça’s ninth Cup win under Pep Guardiola . Of the eleven games played, FC Barcelona has won nine and drawn two, with 24 goals in favour and 5 against. An almost perfect record.

The first title

The Spanish Cup was the first title of the treble –winning season. In Valencia’s Mestalla stadium, Barça completed a great Cup run - in which they beat Benidorm, Atletico Madrid, Espanyol and Mallorca – with a fine performance against Athletic Club Bilbao. Nine matches, seven wins, two draws, 17 goals scored and 4 conceded.

More of the same

The players needed to maintain their concentration against Cultural – as is always the case when playing teams from the lower divisions. The Cup is a competition that doesn’t pardon mistakes and once again the Barça players stayed focussed and achieved a well-deserved 7-0 aggregate victory.
Undefeated over two legsIt’s no coincidence that Pep Guardiola has yet to suffer elimination in a two-leg tie. As manager of the reserve team, he took his players through the promotion playoffs against Castillo and Barbastro and then, with the first team, the Champions League knockout ties against Wisla Krakow, Olympique Lyon, Bayern Munich and Chelsea.

Of all these two-leg contests, Guardiola's team has only lost once, against Wisla in last season’s Champions League qualifying phase.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 8:49pm On Nov 11, 2009
Jonathan, a diamond in reserve Jordi Clos

The Mexican midfielder featured in the starting line-up for the first time in the Cup match against Cultural Leonesa. He was a regular off the bench in the pre-season and could well prove to be a valuable asset in the near future.

Speaking before the return leg of the R16 Cup game, Tito Vilanova said that the coaches were keen to see Jonathan dos Santos in action for the full 90 minutes. Given that the Barça midfield is likely to lose players at the beginning of 2010 due to the African Cup, the Mexican may well come into his own then. He proved his worth against Cultural Leonesa providing a great assist for Bojan’s second goal and generally putting in a good performance.

Active in attack and defence

Jonathan played on the right next to Andrés Iniesta and completed 76 passes from 87 attempts. He had three efforts on goal, recovered possession five times and made seven blocks, confirming his all-round ability and physical presence.

Fast progress

In the summer, Jonathan played 45 minutes in each of the six pre-season friendlies, including the Joan Gamper match, where he produced a shot that hit the crossbar. He rejoined the reserve squad and has become one of the leaders of a team that is clearly on the up. He was rewarded on 28th October when he came on in place of Keita in the 80th minute of the Cup match in the Reino de León and thus made his competitive first team debut.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 8:51pm On Nov 11, 2009
A Cup victory “Made in La Masia”Vanessa Forns

Barça are through to the last 16 in the Spanish Cup and a large part of the credit must go to the contribution of ten home-grown players. All five goals on Tuesday were “Made in La Masia”.

Josep Guardiola announced a starting line-up that included seven players brought up through the youth ranks: Puyol, Iniesta, Sergio Busquets, Jonathan, Pedro, Bojan and Jeffren. In fact the midfield and the attack were 100% “Made in La Masia”.

In the second half he used three more home-grown players: Fontàs, Messi and Xavi. So, of the fourteen players that took part in the match, ten came up through the Barça youth ranks, with Pinto, Alves, Márquez and Maxwell providing the perfect complete.

Youth policy

From the very first day he took the job, Josep Guardiola has made it his policy to bring on players from the reserves. He has handed first team debuts to nine young players from La Masia (the Barça academy) in just a year and a half, all of whom have responded well.

Goals “Made in La Masia”

All five goals on Tuesday evening came in the second half and were scored by four home-grown players in just 24 minutes. The best proof that the Barça academy is producing talent at a dizzy rate.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2009
Txiki: “It’s our third chance and we have to take advantage of it”www.fcbarcelona.cat

FC Barcelona Technical Secretary, Txiki Begiristain, has revealed that the World Club Championship is one of the priorities for the season. “We mustn’t get obsessed about it but we need it”.

Txiki Begiristain and director of football Raül Sanhlleí left for Abu Dhabi on Wednesday to attend the draw for the World Club Championship on Thursday. In Abu Dhabi they will meet up with Board member Albert Perrín, who is representing the Board at the draw.

Historic objective

Txiki Begiristain told us: “It’s one of the Club’s historical objectives because we don’t have this title. We mustn’t get obsessed about it but we need it. We’ve got three European Cups and so this is our third chance at World Club Championship and we have to take advantage of it”.

Txiki accepts that Barça are favourites and that, on paper, everyone is expecting a final between Barça and Estudiantes de la Plata, current holders of the Copa Libertadores. As European champions, Barça will go straight into the semi-finals as will Estudiantes.

No meeting with City

The presence of the Barça delegation at a friendly match between Manchester City and a UAE XI to inaugurate the Zayed stadium has given rise to all sorts of rumours about possible negotiations to bring Robinho to the Camp Nou. Begiristain denied that things were so advanced: “We won’t be meeting with City. We’re respectful and it hasn’t been decided who should come, not even if anyone has to come and who it should be. There’s a prior stage missing which is a meeting between Guardiola and me. Once the decision has been taken we will follow the strategy for any signing. This meeting – between the manager and the technical secretary – hasn’t taken place yet. So we’re going to see the City match and that’s all”.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 12:01am On Nov 12, 2009
Scantee, join us for this thread nah:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-16300.1152.html
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 9:43am On Nov 12, 2009
countdown2:

Scantee, join us for this thread nah:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-16300.1152.html

Wetin dem dey share there? too bad, i am having mixed feelings about going to tbs today, embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2009
Honerico, check the thread out first make u see, try represent Barca so that we can outrun those wey dey gbemu.
Wetin u wan go do for tbs?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 10:48am On Nov 12, 2009
countdown2:

Honerico, check the thread out first make u see, try represent Barca so that we can outrun those wey dey gbemu.
Wetin u wan go do for tbs?

I wan go watch eaglets and spaniards cheesy
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 11:18am On Nov 12, 2009
Nor be for teslim Balogun stadium for surulere them wan play am?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2009
countdown2:

Nor be for teslim Balogun stadium for surulere them wan play am?

So? [b]T[/b]elsim [b]B[/b]alogun [b]S[/b]tadium = TBS wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2009
@ Honerico, my bad mehn, Didnt catch that grin

How much be ticket? I for like go watch am, but man gast comot for house like 4pm.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 12:11pm On Nov 12, 2009
countdown2:

@ Honerico, my bad mehn, Didnt catch that grin

How much be ticket? I for like go watch am, but man gast comot for house like 4pm.

Having mixed feelings about going to the stadium, don't think I'm going , i just have to watch it at home, my head wants to go but my heart is not accepting.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2009
honeric01:

Having mixed feelings about going to the stadium, don't think I'm going , i just have to watch it at home, my head wants to go but my heart is not accepting.

Same thing here, if maybe we win, then I go go for the final.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by ogazi007(m): 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2009

KHANYE, where u go get this info frm?see how mighty dis barca is,pple love us die, barca carry go jare.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2009
countdown2:

Same thing here, if maybe we win, then I go go for the final.

you want go Abuja from Ibadan? for sure?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 12:17pm On Nov 12, 2009
ogazi, when i read that NEWS, He just be like sey them drop huge cake inside my belle as I happy and dey proud reach.

honeric01:

you want go Abuja from Ibadan? for sure?

Na Lag i dey, na IB u dey now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Barcelona: UCL (0 - 2) On 23rd February 2016 / Watford Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 5th February 2018 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool: UCL Final (0 - 2) On 1st June 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.