Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,920 members, 7,844,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Barcelona Fans Thread. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Fans Thread. (73919 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Barcelona Fans Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 2:46pm On Nov 16, 2009
Alonso scoring 2? wow
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 5:58pm On Nov 16, 2009
Barcelona Star Lionel Messi Wins Onze d'Or

According to AS, Barcelona's Lionel Messi has joined an elite group of players by picking up the Onze d'Or award.

The award is chosen by readers of French magazine, Onze Mondial for the player of the year in Europe. Previous winners include Michel Platini, Diego Maradona, Zinedine Zidane and Ronaldo.

Messi was runner up in the award last year, losing out to Cristiano Ronaldo, but has edged out his Portuguese rival as he looks set to clean up in the end-of-year awards this time around.

The Argentine has already picked up a host of trophies including the Trofeo Alfredo Di Stefano, the Premio Don Balon and the UEFA Club Footballer of the Year.

He is also widely tipped to win the forthcoming FIFA World Player of the Year award after being the runner-up for the last two seasons.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/11/16/1628432/barcelona-star-lionel-messi-wins-onze-dor
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2009
Abidal out for three weekswww.fcbarcelona.cat

Scans carried out on Monday have confirmed the original diagnosis of the French FA. Abidal has damaged his left thigh muscle and may be out for up to three weeks.

However, Club doctors will be working flat out to try and have the French defender fit in time for the match against Real Madrid.

Abidal played the full 90 minutes of France’s first leg 1

We’ll play the World Club Cup as if it were the Champions League”.Sandra Sarmiento

Three years on from the disappointment of losing the FIFA World Club Cup in Japan, Márquez told us that the team is determined to win the title this time round in the UAE.

The pause in the league programme prompted by international matches will now give way to a hectic schedule of league, Champions League and World Club Cup matches. Eight matches in the space of a month with San Mamés and the visits of Inter Milan and Madrid coming up next. Speaking in the second part of his interview with www.fcbarcelona.cat, Rafa assured the fans that the team is going well and is excited about the Club World Cup in Abu Dhabi.

Now that we’re well into the season, do you think the team is playing better or worse than last year?

“The opponents have a lot to say in that. They know us pretty well and they plan out the matches better. But the team is going well and playing good football. And there’s the same mentality as last year. Every day the boss drums it into us”.

It’s the World Club Cup in December, something Barça has never won. Are the players as motivated as for the Champions League?

“It’s an important tournament. On a personal level winning the World Club Cup looks pretty good on your CV and it’s something that some of us are lacking. This tournament is important and we’ll play it as if it were the Champions League. Because that’s what the Club and the manager demand of us”.

After the international break, there’s an important week coming up with the match in San Mamés and the visits of Inter Milan and Real Madrid. Bearing in mind the situation in the CL group stage is the Champions League now the priority?

“The Bilbao game is going to be difficult, especially as it’s away and we have to go for the three points. It’s true that the Champions League has turned a bit tricky. We haven’t got the results and the group is tight. So we have to take advantage of playing at home and try and get the three points. They’re going to be very important for deciding who goes through to the next stage”.

How do you think Inter Milan will play in the Camp Nou?

“It’ll be the same as in San Siro - they’ll defend. In fact every team that comes to the Camp Nou does the same, without exception. It’s going to be complicated. They’ve got some fast, quality people up front. We already know about Samuel and Milito. It’s not going to be at all easy”.

How do you think the Barça fans will receive Eto’o?

“Just for what he is, a great footballer who has given a lot to this Club. And apart from being a great player he’s a great person. He deserves to be received with affection”.

Then comes Real Madrid. Could this be a turning point in the league?

“It’s still early days but the bigger the lead we have at the beginning the better. You have to take your chances and try and maintain the advantage. On 29th we’re playing at home and we don’t want to drop any points here at home”.

Right now is Barça a step ahead of Real Madrid?

“Since last year we’ve had a concept of how to play, of what the coach wants. And we’ve assimilated it pretty well. We play as a team and our rival hasn’t found that”.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2009
Gabriel Milito Back For Barcelona After 569 Days Out

Gabriel Milito can at last see some light at the end of the tunnel after playing his first game in Barcelona colours in 569 days.

The Argentina international appeared in a friendly encounter against visiting Bolivian outfit Bolivar at the Blaugrana's Ciutat Esportiva training complex.

Though the game may have only been played at a slow pace, Milito's participation marked a huge step forward after having not played for over 18 months.

Milito was sidelined in May 2008 after damaging the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the Champions League semi-final against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Tissue from his left knee was required to repair the damage and that set his recovery time back even further. Indeed, he missed the entire treble-winning campaign.

Having played in the friendly, Milito's return in the weeks to come was hailed by coach Pep Guardiola, who has not yet been able to select the former Real Zaragoza star during his spell in charge.

"It will be a very big day when Milito can be called into the squad for a game," the trainer was quoted as saying by Sport.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/11/18/1632144/gabriel-milito-back-for-barcelona-after-569-days-out
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
khanye:

Gabriel Milito Back For Barcelona After 569 Days Out

Gabriel Milito can at last see some light at the end of the tunnel after playing his first game in Barcelona colours in 569 days.

The Argentina international appeared in a friendly encounter against visiting Bolivian outfit Bolivar at the Blaugrana's Ciutat Esportiva training complex.

Though the game may have only been played at a slow pace, Milito's participation marked a huge step forward after having not played for over 18 months.

Milito was sidelined in May 2008 after damaging the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee during the Champions League semi-final against Manchester United at Old Trafford.

Tissue from his left knee was required to repair the damage and that set his recovery time back even further. Indeed, he missed the entire treble-winning campaign.

Having played in the friendly, Milito's return in the weeks to come was hailed by coach Pep Guardiola, who has not yet been able to select the former Real Zaragoza star during his spell in charge.

"It will be a very big day when Milito can be called into the squad for a game," the trainer was quoted as saying by Sport.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/11/18/1632144/gabriel-milito-back-for-barcelona-after-569-days-out

praise God, now calamity Marquez can go take a hike. grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 4:37pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

praise God, now calamity Marquez can go take a hike. grin

Yes oooooo grin
Do you know Abidal is out for three Weeks
Maxwell go happy die cool
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 4:45pm On Nov 18, 2009
khanye:

Yes oooooo grin
Do you know Abidal is out for three Weeks
Maxwell go happy die cool

uhm, should i say it's a good news that one of my 2 left back is injured?
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

uhm, should i say it's a good news that one of my 2 left back is injured?

Puyol dey there nao. . . .
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 5:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
khanye:

Puyol dey there nao. . . .
make una no kill that man 4 me oo
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
honeric01:

make una no kill that man 4 me oo

lol, the baba na 'GboGbo ni shey' for pitch grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 5:37pm On Nov 18, 2009
khanye:

lol, the baba na 'GboGbo ni shey' for pitch grin

uhm, na him wife go dey enjoy all the stress grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by countdown2: 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2009
Ope oooo, Milito is back, I suggest we play Pedro as a sub in that Inter Match, or better still be included with the starting 11.
He'll be playing against Athletico Bilbao, we really need to grab that point and to gain more confidence against inter.

Ini must destroy their defense.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 6:24pm On Nov 18, 2009
Nice to know Milito is back to playing ball. Feel sorry for the guy. . . Been out for close to 2 seasons. Hopefully he stays healthy.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 8:34pm On Nov 18, 2009
good for us
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by ogazi007(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2009
I am happy for Millito,i hope he rediscovers his form ASAP.
Marques needs to take a long break.
Ath.bilbao are our wife,we knw how to handle them.
Inter is the match of the season b4 El classico,i know we will qualify to the KO stage.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 6:22pm On Nov 19, 2009
Marquez is an amazing defender IMO. One of the best around. He's just had 2 bad showings right after a long injury. It happens to the best of them. Thats just my opinion though. I don't Barca will ever sell him. They're just some players that u can't replace. Marquez is one of them.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
Thank God he is back
FCB on the way
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by slimshay(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2009
Ok what the f**k. Ya'll shldnt take this the wrong way, but how does henry do something wrong, and arsenal thread is full of vermins talking arrant nonsense and not one single post about it here.

Dont get me wrong, im not trying to bring it here, ya'll can kill it as im startin it right now. but this is totally effed up!!!
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
Wtf did Henry do wrong? Yeah he used his hand, but what player in the same situation wouldn't?

Let's be real here. Ojoro is allowed once in a while . .  Thats part of the game. . .  grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
hey guyz, tommorow is my b-day and i will be having a b-day bash in IB
but i wont miss our match for anything
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 2:27pm On Nov 20, 2009
khanye:

Happy birthday but you dey kill cow?

Krayola:

Wtf did Henry do wrong? Yeah he used his hand, but what player in the same situation wouldn't?

Let's be real here. Ojoro is allowed once in a while . .  Thats part of the game. . .  grin grin

well, its the job of the ref and not the justice minister of Ireland grin but then France should wait for a payback in the worldcup, karma is a bitch grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by ogazi007(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2009
khanye west!
i go miss the bash be dat o!why u knw holla since if i for enter ib com show myself, lol
i wish u the best man,have a blast.
Happy b/day in advance.
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by khanye(m): 5:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
honeric01:

Happy birthday but you dey kill cow?

No man, na cat i won share with everybody grin

ogazi007:

khanye west!
i go miss the bash be dat o!why u knw holla since if i for enter ib com show myself, lol
i wish u the best man,have a blast.
Happy b/day in advance.

Ogazi i dey hail ooo,
I go show for ABJ dis Dec.
I go call u later wink
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by honeric01(m): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2009
khanye:

No man, na cat i won share with everybody grin

cat too small, what about cockroach? grin grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 7:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
khanye:

happy birth day my guy, i hope ur birth day will bring a winning to FCB 2morow or, hmmmmmmmmm. till then
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 7:42pm On Nov 20, 2009
Guardiola: "We'll come through this"

Jordi Clos

Pep Guardiola has reflected on the effects of flu and injuries on his squad this week ahead of Barça's visit to Athletic Club de Bilbao at the weekend and does not want anything used as an excuse.

Éric Abidal and Yaya Touré have both picked up the H1N1 virus and have been told that they cannot play in San Mamés this weekend, although the French defender was already ruled out with a known. "We cannot do say any more," Guardiola explained. "It could happen and it has happened. We know that many people have had it and now it has reached us and we have to ensure that it does not spread and that we can isolate it. It is always bad when things like this happen. We have some important games coming up, but we know that the other players will give everything."

No excuses

2009-11-20_ENTRENO_49.JPGZlatan Ibrahimovi suffered a thigh injury and will also not play this weekend. "I do not think it is serious but we will se how things go. I hope that next week things will improve. If he is not ready I do not want any excuses being made. Bojan [Krkic] is always ready. He is 19 years old and has a marvellous future ahead of him. His growth is a continuous process and not does not depend upon one game in Bilbao. Tomorrow [Saturday] Jonathan [Dos Santos] is in the squad and if more were needed then more youngsters would come. I have faith in the youth team."

Athletic Club

2009-11-20_ENTRENO_54.JPG"What worries me most is Athletic. San Mamés is San Mamés," he continued when asked about the atmosphere. "We have to pretend that Inter do not exist and only Athletic Club do." Barça have won their last five meetings against Los Leones, but Guardiola is paying no heed. "I see them wanting to avenge that and they have qualities I admire. The act that we have won the last few matches though means nothing and we will show them the utmost respect in this match."

Inter and Madrid

2009-11-20_ENTRENO_48.JPGNext week Barça take on Inter and then Real Madrid. "I do not give any importance to us going into the match [against Madrid] as leaders. It would be good because it would mean that we have won in Bilbao, but the league will not be decided until nearer the end of the season." Asked about Cristiano Ronaldo's participation in el Clásico the Barça coach added: "I would be delighted if he came. He is a great player and good for football."

notin dey paaaaaaaaaaaa, we remain Barca
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
Abidal and Touré catch flu

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Éric Abidal and Yaya Touré have both been diagnosed with the [b]H1N1 flu virus [/b]after reporting back to the club stating that they felt and unwell and had fevers.

2009-07-25_TOURE_01.jpgAfter having tests at the club’s training complex in Sant Joan Despí by the club’s medical services, both players were told that they had the virus. Abidal was already out of the weekend game against Athletic Club with a knock and now Touré has been told he cannot play.

The club’s medical services have implemented all the recommended protocols for the prevention and treatment of the virus.

hahah i am laughing in spanish
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 7:49pm On Nov 20, 2009
slimshay:

Ok what the f**k. Ya'll shldnt take this the wrong way, but how does henry do something wrong, and arsenal thread is full of vermins talking arrant nonsense and not one single post about it here.

Dont get me wrong, im not trying to bring it here, ya'll can kill it as im startin it right now. but this is totally effed up!!!

hahahhaha henry why ojoro now, be warned all na football oh

Henry calls for France-Ireland replay

www.fcbarcelona.cat

Thierry Henry has issued a statement in response to claims he 'cheated' to earn France a World Cup final place at the expense of the Republic of Ireland.

The striker handled the ball twice in the build-up to creating William Gallas' goal in extra-time on Wednesday night which earned France a 2-1 aggregate success.

Ireland's players were left enraged by the incident, leading to accusations that Henry is a 'cheat' and that the game should be replayed.

Fifa has confirmed the match will not be allowed to take place again and, while Henry feels a replay would be the fairest solution, he is adamant he did not deliberately cheat.

Here is Henry's statement in full:

"I have said at the time and I will say again that yes I handled the ball.

"I am not a cheat and never have been. It was an instinctive reaction to a ball that was coming extremely fast in a crowded penalty area.

"As a footballer you do not have the luxury of the television to slow the pace of the ball down 100 times to be able to make a conscious decision.

"People are viewing a slow motion version of what happened and not what I or any other footballer faces in the game.

"If people look at it in full speed you will see that it was an instinctive reaction. It is impossible to be anything other than that.

"I have never denied that the ball was controlled with my hand. I told the Irish players, the referee and the media this after the game.

"Naturally I feel embarrassed at the way that we won and feel extremely sorry for the Irish who definitely deserve to be in South Africa.

"Of course the fairest solution would be to replay the game, but it is not in my control.

"There is little more I can do apart from admit that the ball had contact with my hand leading up to our equalising goal and I feel very sorry for the Irish."
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by Krayola(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2009
haha. Na sorry Ireland go chop? Abeg make dem go jump inside river. shit happens grin grin
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
ogazi007:

I am happy for Millito,i hope he rediscovers his form ASAP.
Marques needs to take a long  break.
Ath.bilbao are our wife,we knw how to handle them.
Inter is the match of the season b4 El classico,i know we will qualify to the KO stage.
man how far now, u dey scarce oh wetin dey paaaaa 4 ur side
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
Krayola:

haha. Na sorry Ireland go chop? Abeg make dem go jump inside river. shit happens grin grin

chai u wicked oh, why u go suggest that kind thing. i here by with authority vested upon me by Pep Gaudiola as a full member of barca fan banned u out of this barca thread with no fine.

Court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! execute him,
Re: Barcelona Fans Thread. by scantee(m): 10:22am On Nov 21, 2009
yeee today is a new day for FCB, lets continue our job. Athletic go hear wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Barcelona: UCL (0 - 2) On 23rd February 2016 / Watford Vs Chelsea (4 - 1) On 5th February 2018 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool: UCL Final (0 - 2) On 1st June 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.