Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread (21943 Views)

"I Was In The Same Taxi With My Aunt Who Died Years Ago" - South African Lady / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / I Used To Be An Atheist Until I See This Miracle From God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by ValentineMary(m): 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
Deicide:
I don't like it
Is this mr carter anyways why don't u like it
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Empiree: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Dictionary no dey your phone? Or simply google it. How hard can that be?
Aight. This means you retreat. I am sorry buddy. God is and always been used for supreme deity. And god/gods is/are used for mini gods other than supreme Being. You dont know what you talking abut. Go sidon for side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Lolz. Christians and non-Christians alike consider ''go to hell'' indecent, same as ''idiot'' or ''dumbass''. Tell me a word that is acceptable that has a questionable origin that you don't use. And is this the only example you can think of?

Stop jumping .
That example is sufficient,
U asked for something
Don't compound issues by making claims of "Christian alike"

Learn to pause when u collide with reasons.
So that people will continue to take u seriously.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Ranchhoddas: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
felixomor:

Stop jumping .
That example is sufficient,
U asked for something
Don't compound issues by making claims of "Christian alike"

Learn to pause when u collide with reasons.
So that people will continue to take u seriously.
Please be honest now. Does your example tally with what is being discussed?
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Ranchhoddas: 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2016
Empiree:
Aight. This means you retreat. I am sorry buddy. God is and always been used for supreme deity. And god/gods is/are used for mini gods other than supreme Being. You dont know what you talking abut. Go sidon for side
But you google am sha?
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Please be honest now. Does your example tally with what is being discussed?

Have u forgotten ur question?
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Ranchhoddas: 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2016
felixomor:

Have u forgotten ur question?
I don tire for your hide and seek. I wan watch match.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 7:45pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don tire for your hide and seek. I wan watch match.

Nice escape as usual.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by onetrack(m): 7:57pm On Sep 14, 2016
malvisguy212:
pity yourself because satan has block you atheists sense of reasoning. He was an atheist, but a secret atheist, and when he finally meet an open minded atheist like Azo, what do you expect from hadmirrow ? Be happy right ? But No, he want to convert the atheist to christianity, does it make sense to you ? Why dint he tell me the year he finish his 400level ? And also the year he became an open minded atheist ? That is were you will see the lies of this boy.

Wait a minute. In the Bible Satan is the one who taught us to reason and question by tempting Eve to eat the fruit. Satan is actually the bringer of reason. Yahweh is the one who wants blind faith and obedience.

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by onetrack(m): 8:01pm On Sep 14, 2016
Empiree:
You want definition of God?.

Here it is. I was on my way to Chicago from New York. I'm am the pilot with bunch of Atheists on board. When I reach 35,000 above sea level, I nose dive the aircraft at the top speed...going straight to hit mountains. By the time I reach 15,000, all Atheists on board start screaming and yelling including yourself.

They scream.......[size=20pt]"OH GOD OH OH OH GOD........OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD"[/size]

When I hear them scream I pull up. They simply quiet and say "Thank you God"

What bothers me is that, they claim they don't believe in God. They don't believe in nothing. How come that scream God's help when they are in trouble?. Why don't they scream OH NOTHHING?.

Same thing happened to Dawkins when he was debating theist. He forgot name of something and touched his forehead trying to remember. He said "oh God"

So don't you think you deceiving yourself HardMirror?.. I'm sure that would have been your reaction in the scenario I described if you were to be in a distressed aircraft.

Keep deceiving yourself like seun

Uh. Let me give my personal story. I have twice been on flights that had to make emergency landings--one of them because one of the engines malfunctioned and stopped working. I did not pray or invoke any god or even think about such things.

The other time the plane never lost any power but the navigation system malfunctioned. I was reading the God Delusion on the flight. I kept reading.

I have been on a couple of other flights through very rough weather where other passengers were shouting. Once again, no prayer from me.

End of stories.
An atheist

4 Likes

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2016
Empiree:

Allow the guy to keep yelling "dictionary".

Meanwhile him never open am!

1 Like

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by raphieMontella: 8:19pm On Sep 14, 2016
felixomor:

Did u hear them from me?
then why say ''oh my god'' has to do with god? An exclamation is an exclamation....get it
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by HardMirror(m): 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2016
onetrack:

Uh. Let me give my personal story. I have twice been on flights that had to make emergency landings--one of them because one of the engines malfunctioned and stopped working. I did not pray or invoke any god or even think about such things.

The other time the plane never lost any power but the navigation system malfunctioned. I was reading the God Delusion on the flight. I kept reading.

I have been on a couple of other flights through very rough weather where other passengers were shouting. Once again, no prayer from me.

End of stories.
An atheist
They would say you are lying.
I have been in serious road car crashes myself and I never thought of God. Was even laughing at people thanking God I survived.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 8:36pm On Sep 14, 2016
raphieMontella:

then why say ''oh my god'' has to do with god?
An exclamation is an exclamation....get it

So "oh my god" sounds like "yikes"?
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Ranchhoddas: 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2016
felixomor:

Nice escape as usual.
You wish.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You wish.

No, I can see
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Ranchhoddas: 9:12pm On Sep 14, 2016
felixomor:

No, I can see
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by raphieMontella: 10:15pm On Sep 14, 2016
felixomor:

So "oh my god" sounds like "yikes"?
both are used to express ''shock''
my point being;an exclamation does not deal with the existence of the word used nor does it dwell on the original meaning of the word..
Its an expression..the word used may exist..it may not..simple
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 4:20am On Sep 15, 2016
raphieMontella:

both are used to express ''shock''
my point being;an exclamation does not deal with the existence of the word used nor does it dwell on the original meaning of the word..
Its an expression..the word used may exist..it may not..simple

"The word used may exist...it may not"

As stated in what textbook?

U pples desperation always crreates language and philosophy lessons from nowhere.

Amazing!
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by raphieMontella: 6:29am On Sep 15, 2016
felixomor:

"The word used may exist...it may not"

As stated in what textbook?

U pples desperation always crreates language and philosophy lessons from nowhere.

Amazing!
if you can tell me the origin of ''yikes''..then i'd....
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by HardMirror(m): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2016
JESUS! U people still on this "oh God" issue?
That post was ridiculous and did not merit any response. I can say oh god!, jesus, my god, as much as I want cos it's already part of conventional english and only natural exclamation on dare situations.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Seun(m): 8:44am On Sep 15, 2016
Empiree:
I was on my way to Chicago from New York. I'm am the pilot with bunch of Atheists on board. When I reach 35,000 above sea level, I nose dive the aircraft at the top speed...going straight to hit mountains. By the time I reach 15,000, all Atheists on board start screaming and yelling including yourself.

They scream......."OH GOD OH OH OH GOD........OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD"

It should be obvious to any primary school student that you fabricated this ridiculous story entirely. When will people stop lying for Jesus?

Same thing happened to Dawkins when he was debating theist. He forgot name of something and touched his forehead trying to remember. He said "oh God"
By your logic, anyone who types "OMG" in a chat is not merely expressing surprise but actually earnestly crying out to God for salvation.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by joseph1832(m): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2016
Empiree:
You want definition of God?.

Here it is. I was on my way to Chicago from New York. I'm am the pilot with bunch of Atheists on board. When I reach 35,000 above sea level, I nose dive the aircraft at the top speed...going straight to hit mountains. By the time I reach 15,000, all Atheists on board start screaming and yelling including yourself.

They scream.......[size=20pt]"OH GOD OH OH OH GOD........OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD"[/size]

What bothers me is that, they claim they don't believe in God. They don't believe in nothing. How come that scream God's help when they are in trouble?. Why don't they scream OH NOTHHING?.

So don't you think you deceiving yourself HardMirror?.. I'm sure that would have been your reaction in the scenario I described if you were to be in a distressed aircraft.

Keep deceiving yourself like seun
I'm prone to ask how the pilot knew some of his passengers were atheists?

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by frank317: 10:08am On Sep 15, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Hmmm...e don tey seun start evangelism.from the thread you mentioned above, i got this

So i went on a search to verify and i got this

from here https://www.nairaland.com/22203/second-coming-jesus-almost-2000

seun has been professing to be atheist since 2006 here and his site has only grown geometrically in the past 10 years?!! shocked

My pastor must hear this angry

Lol... God works in mysterious ways... Don't be surprised, God has already prepared sweet mansion for Seun in heaven and is adding more fuel to Ans09 's hell pit. God ways are not our ways remember...
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by frank317: 10:14am On Sep 15, 2016
Empiree:
Lool....now you fVck it all up grin

Far as I am concern, anytime people said "holy sh!t", it is usually for excitement (like seeing beautiful women or laughable words) not something distressfully. Hope you understand?

For something distressful or endanger their lives, they most definitely scream a deity.

When I see a cute female behind, I usually exclaim: sweet Jesus.
And when ejaculating I always scream: holy God!...

Please does that make me a believer?
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by LadyX(f): 11:02am On Sep 15, 2016
Interesting thread.. some responses grin grin
I see myself creating a thread soon... I'll bring a new perspective into the argument between atheists and religious guys
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by felixomor: 1:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
raphieMontella:

if you can tell me the origin of ''yikes''..then i'd....

How about the origin of "Oh my God"? I know that one.
At least atheists don't cry to "yikes" when they are about to die,
Do they?
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Jarus(m): 3:11pm On Sep 15, 2016
shukuokukobambl:

Hmmm...e don tey seun start evangelism.from the thread you mentioned above, i got this

So i went on a search to verify and i got this

from here https://www.nairaland.com/22203/second-coming-jesus-almost-2000

seun has been professing to be atheist since 2006 here and his site has only grown geometrically in the past 10 years?!! shocked

My pastor must hear this
angry

Dividend of prosperity preaching.

Thank God my Islam teaches me God is Ar-Rahman, the one that sustains all - whether you believe in Him or not - in this world, and separates the wheat from the chaff in the Hereafter.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Empiree: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2016
frank317:

When I see a cute female behind, I usually exclaim: [size=15pt]sweet Jesus.[/size]
And when ejaculating I always scream: [size=15pt]holy God![/size]...

Please does that make me a believer?

Seun:

It should be obvious to any primary school student that you fabricated this ridiculous story entirely. When will people stop lying for Jesus?
So sad. As educated as you are, you failed to grab it is my analogy to get you to THINK!. And, yes, there is a "Air Crash Investigation" I watched where the flight crashed in the ocean during test. Of course, i cant confirm if the dude was Atheist or not. But when the plane nose dived, the dude screamed..."oh God oh God oh oh my God" and the plane hit the water. Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83k1EukvvGA

By your logic, anyone who types "OMG" in a chat is not merely expressing surprise but actually earnestly crying out to God for salvation.
@highlighted, since Atheists dont believe in God and nothing, why dont they shouting "OMN" (oh my nothing) or "ON" (oh noting)?.

My point to you and frank is, it is NATURAL INSTINCT to scream God for help whether you are a believer or not. Which means your nafs (inner spirit or inner self) recognizes The Supreme Being, God as Supreme authority over you.

The Noble Qur'an says:

"We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness? ~ Surah Fussilat [41:53]

joseph1832:
I'm prone to ask how the pilot knew some of his passengers were atheists?

Bcus I am a witch! cheesy shocked
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by frank317: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
Empiree:

So sad. As educated as you are, you failed to grab it is my analogy to get you to THINK!. And, yes, there is a "Air Crash Investigation" I watched where the flight crashed in the ocean during test. Of course, i cant confirm if the dude was Atheist or not. But when the plane nose dived, the dude screamed..."oh God oh God oh oh my God" and the plane hit the water. Watch the video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83k1EukvvGA

@highlighted, since Atheists dont believe in God and nothing, why dont they shouting "OMN" (oh my nothing) or "ON" (oh noting)?.

My point to you and frank is, it is NATURAL INSTINCT to scream God for help whether you are a believer or not. Which means your nafs (inner spirit or inner self) recognizes The Supreme Being, God as Supreme authority over you.

The Noble Qur'an says:

"We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness? ~ Surah Fussilat [41:53]

Bcus I am a witch! cheesy shocked

If the atheist in that plane shouted, holy crap, does that mean they believe in crap?

1 Like

Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by Empiree: 4:44pm On Sep 15, 2016
frank317:

If the atheist in that plane shouted, holy crap, does that mean they believe in crap?
For the fact that he didnt, it means it makes no sense. Keep deceiving yourself. Practical evidence is presented to you. Up to you.
Re: I Was A Secret Atheist Until I Stumbled On Seun's Thread by johnydon22(m): 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2016
God /ɡɒd/
noun
1. (in Christianity and other monotheistic religions) the creator and ruler of
the universe and source of all moral authority; the supreme being.

2. (in certain other religions) a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as
having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity.

3. a greatly admired or influential person.

4. the gallery in a theatre.

exclamation
used for emphasis or to express emotions such as surprise, anger, or distress.

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=God+definition&btnG=&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new

I believe the bolded puts this ridiculous theist peurile reasoning to rest - Nairaland theist " An atheist shouts OMG therefore God exists" Jesus christ this is outstanding!!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Ozubulu Youths Protest, Demand To Know The Cause Of The Catholic Church Killings / Parable Of The Rich Man And Lazarus: What Was The Sin Of The Rich Man? / What Are The Repercussion Of Staying Away From Church For Months?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.