Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:00 AM

**N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** (1156 Views)

US To Bomb Syria On Friday And Saturday!! / Oregon Teenager Attempts To Bomb High School / Israel To Bomb Iran After US Elections!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

**N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by TheSly: 2:52am On Oct 09, 2009
shocked  shocked  shocked

Has a hyperactive five-year-old taken over as the director of NASA? It sure seems like it. On Friday morning, an unmanned spacecraft launched in June will crash into the moon's surface. On purpose.  shocked shocked

Anyone not named Michael Bay is likely to ask why. Here's the answer: NASA wants to know if the twin impacts of the Lunar Crater Observation and its Sensing Satellite (LCROSS) will reveal any ice or water under the moon's surface.

Finding out shouldn't be an issue. When the twin crafts hit the lunar surface at around 6,000 mph, NASA expects "plumes of moon dust — perhaps full of ice — (to soar) 6.2 miles high above the moon's Cabeus crater."

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/93080/nasa-attacks-the-moon

shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked  shocked

This Bloody Americans. . . . . . . . .My tax money to bomb the moon! shocked
What if something goes wrong?? ?? ?? shocked
Why do they think they can manipulate everything? Do they own the moon?
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by Beaf: 4:13am On Oct 09, 2009
There's no need for drama.
Things like this have been going on for a long time; it is called research, not bombing.
Nothing is getting destroyed and nothing will go wrong.
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by spoOne: 7:15am On Oct 09, 2009
@beaf,
@ poster might have a point; what if the Moonoids decide to retaliate with their intergalactic proton powered vaporizers, DT232?

grin grin
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by nex(m): 7:29am On Oct 09, 2009
This is all crazy.
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by rasputinn(m): 7:35am On Oct 09, 2009
The thread topic is very misleading
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 09, 2009
And what is this doing in the politics section if i may ask,
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by Beaf: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2009
$poOne:

@beaf,
@ poster might have a point; what if the Moonoids decide to retaliate with their intergalactic proton powered vaporizers, DT232?

grin grin

"Moonoids" with "with their intergalactic proton powered vaporizers" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Unu go kill person o!
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by ikeyman00(m): 11:21am On Oct 09, 2009
@@@@

hmm if thats happen; the ability of becomerich to attain an natural satellite imagine will be in question
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by texazzpete(m): 11:58am On Oct 09, 2009
The Sly:

This Bloody Americans. . . . . . . . .My tax money to bomb the moon! shocked
What if something goes wrong?? ?? ?? shocked
Why do they think they can manipulate everything? Do they own the moon?

The question is, why would an educated fellow like yourself expect 'anything to go wrong' when a relatively tiny spacecraft impacts on the much more massive moon at only 6000 mph? as NASA has said repeatedly, the only impact should be a crater half the size of a football field.
And that's not nearly enough to do any damage whatseoever.

FYI, it's called research. You come from a country that does little of it, that doesn't mean others shirk from this critical task.

PS: This has NOTHING to do with Politics.
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by Mbeki: 1:07pm On Oct 09, 2009
I think NASA should be more concern on how to get water in the desert regions of the world for the inhabitants; instead of going all the way to the moon to alter the state of existence of matter therein. A lot of people on earth are dying of thirst but all NASA can use taxpayer's money to do is to carry out some senseless research, cos that's what it looks to me. Unless someone can convince me otherwise,
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by texazzpete(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2009
Mbeki:

I think NASA should be more concern on how to get water in the desert regions of the world for the inhabitants; instead of going all the way to the moon to alter the state of existence of matter therein. A lot of people on earth are dying of thirst but all NASA can use taxpayer's money to do is to carry out some senseless research, cos that's what it looks to me. Unless someone can convince me otherwise,

NASA stands for National Aeronautics and Space Administration, and it's an agency of the US government tasked with the US space program and Aerospace research for the United States.
none of its job functions involves finding novel ways to extricate water from desert regions of the world. NASA is not tasked with solving the world's water problems - that's the function of the United Nations for you, dammit!

Why you need convincing is beyond me. But i've tried, nonetheless.
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by canuck(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2009
No surprise - At least ALL earth's environmental, economic, nuclear, meteorological and humanitarian problems are now solved.
Re: **N.A.S.A Want To ''bomb'' The Moon** by shotster50(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
I actually thought it was Mars getting bombed and the Moon?!!!

(1) (Reply)

10 Hottest Mobile Phones Of Early 2000's. How Many Did You Own? / Israel Helps Hundreds Of Thousands Of Syrians With 360 Tons Of Food(photos) / 3 Reason Why Israel Can’t Be Defeated In A War (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.